Home
I have a moderately priced set of Pentax mini binoculars that one barrel has become fogged. Where can I send them to be cleaned? How much does cleaning cost?
Pentax. Can't imagine they won't do it as warranty work.
I sent my Pentax DCF binocs back to them about ten years ago for adjustment (Collamination??) and they did the work quickly and cheaply. I'm not aware of any general optic repair houses.
Use the website to coordinate a return to Pentax? I have 8 x 40 DCF WPs that could use it.
Yep, a few years back I returned a DCF WP that came back to me with severely scratched ocular lenses. I sent them in to Pentax fully expecting to pay for a repair. They came back in a pretty short time repaired no charge under warranty!
I followed the instructions on the website. Easy.Let us know how it goes. Their info isn't clear, but everything I've heard about their service is good.
Got a link to their website?
Pentax warranty work is covered by Ricoh in the US.

http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/support

I sent some DCF SP's back a couple of years ago. I think it is a $25 service fee to cover shipping etc...

Turnaround was quick.

Yes, the above website is the place to go to start the process. I sent in some DCF HRII's to be refurbished recently. The communication is poor at best, but they were returned promptly and at no charge.
© 24hourcampfire