Home
I've only used Meopta binos and I love the pair I've been using the last few years. Great glass and built like a tank....my only complaint is the weight but they are solid.

For those who've used their scopes, has anyone ever had one fail in any way or problems of any kind? Thanks
I have four on calibers ranging from 416 Rigby to 300 Weatherby with zero tracking or holding zero problems. Oh I know SWFAs are better (thought I'd put that out there to maybe save me from the usual suspects)>
Never had one fail. Wish I had more of them frankly.
Great scopes...my favorite is the 6x42mm w/a #4 reticle. Superb quality and a lot cheaper than a Schmidt & Bender 6X Klassik.
Bob

[Linked Image]
I am waiting patiently for my 6x42 (with a #4) to arrive...

I'd like to see if Kenton makes a low profile dial for it.

Edit: Jorge, those SWFAs are nice scopes! A little heavy and larger knobs than I'd prefer, but they dial exactly what you want and have good glass by my eyes. I am looking forward to trying the Meopro 6x42 though.
Have had the Meopro, Cabelas Instinct and Zeiss Conquest MC. All three basically the same scope made by Meopta. Zero problems with any of them unless you could somewhat stiff adjustment knobs with slight sharp serrations on the edges. That is my only complaint and it is a small one.
We got word that the 6x42's should be here tomorrow or Monday smile
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
We got word that the 6x42's should be here tomorrow or Monday smile

Excellent!
Hey Jay, I bought a pair of 6x42's about 5 years ago, not a problem with them. I haven't dropped them from the barn, but they've worked fine for me.
I have 4 of the 3x9x40's and no problems so far. Great scopes for my use.
Leupolds are the only scopes that fail!!!
I have not had any issues with Meopta MeoPro 6x42's. I did have a dinged up turret cap where ejected brass hit it on one rifle, but the free replacement cap that Meopta sent me arrived today.
I've had several from both the MeoPro and MeoStar line and never had an issue.
Originally Posted by RGK
Great scopes...my favorite is the 6x42mm w/a #4 reticle. Superb quality and a lot cheaper than a Schmidt & Bender 6X Klassik.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Nice looking rig. Just has the handle on the wrong side... grin

I got a bunch of Conquests...

Does that count?

DF
I've had quite a few in various configurations and none have had issues.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Does that count?

DF

Contrary to what has circulated, the Conquest and MeoPro lines were not the same. Yes, Meopta assembled the Conquests for Zeiss, but they did so to Zeiss' specs and using Zeiss' internals.Even the reticles were different. I've read here many times where someone referred to a Conquest as a rebadged MeoPro, but such is not the case. They may have been assembled by the same manufacturer and in the same facility using tubes of like size, but that is where the similarities end.

On the other hand, Meopta manufactured scopes for Cabela's. Many of those models were simply rebadged MeoPro scopes.
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek

Does that count?

DF

Contrary to what has circulated, the Conquest and MeoPro lines were not the same. Yes, Meopta assembled the Conquests for Zeiss, but they did so to Zeiss' specs and using Zeiss' internals.Even the reticles were different. I've read here many times where someone referred to a Conquest as a rebadged MeoPro, but such is not the case. They may have been assembled by the same manufacturer and in the same facility using tubes of like size, but that is where the similarities end.

On the other hand, Meopta manufactured scopes for Cabela's. Many of those models were simply rebadged MeoPro scopes.

Bobby,

How would you rate the overall quality between the two...?

DF
Both are very good -- about as good as you can get at their respective price points. The only real issue I ever had was one of the 30mm-tubed Conquests (3-12x56) which I bought used. It only had 44 clicks of adjustment on one of the turrets. Zeiss took care of it immediately and -- without me ever asking -- upgraded to an illuminated DL series 3-12x50/#60.

There are very subtle differences in color reproduction and contrast in the glass -- particularly in certain lighting situations -- but you'd have to spend hours behind them to ever be able to notice. Bottom line: both are excellent.
Both are very good -- about as good as you can get at their respective price points. The only real issue I ever had was one of the 30mm-tubed Conquests (3-12x56) which I bought used. It only had 44 clicks of adjustment on one of the turrets. Zeiss took care of it immediately and -- without me ever asking -- upgraded to an illuminated DL series 3-12x50/#60.

There are very subtle differences in color reproduction and contrast in the glass -- particularly in certain lighting situations -- but you'd have to spend hours behind them to ever be able to notice. Bottom line: both are excellent.

Good info. I have acquired a 3-9x42 Meopro. Not sure if I am going to keep it yet. How much are they worth if I sell?
I own 5 Meopro and 2 Meostar scopes and have had them for several years on all types of rifles and slug guns. ZERO problems with any.
I bought a defective 7x50 on Ebay a few years back. It would not hold zero so I sent it back to Meopta. They told me the turret was cracked, evidently the seller knew that dbag he was. Meopta offered my choice of 3.5-10x44 one inch or 3.5-10x50 Meostar my choice since they discontinued the 7x50.

How does it get better then that?
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I bought a defective 7x50 on Ebay a few years back. It would not hold zero so I sent it back to Meopta. They told me the turret was cracked, evidently the seller knew that dbag he was. Meopta offered my choice of 3.5-10x44 one inch or 3.5-10x50 Meostar my choice since they discontinued the 7x50.

How does it get better then that?

Yep...that is awesome customer service.
I have six Meoptas and have had zero issues with any of them.
I have a Meopta Meostar 3-10x50 #4 I got from Doug, no problems.
I bought a new one and sold it to a member here before I even used it and he said it was defective out of the box and sent it in for warranty. Felt bad but he didn't seem to mind...dunno if he got a new scope or not
I had a 3x9 Meopta that I had adjustment problems with after 80 .300 Win shots in a Featherweight.. I sent in in and asked if I could trade for a 6x42..They said yes and it arrived in 3 weeks as the 6x42 comes from Czekslovakia (whatever)..Haven't shot yet but first good day I will...Love the no. 4 .
They are ugly, unless the Euro look, a beer can soldered on in place of the ocular lens, appeals to you.

Does that count?

DF

They are not the same.The lens covers won't interchange either.I had some issues with my Meopta,couldn't it to focus at 200yds where I could see the crosshair and the target clearly.Had to send it back.The scope returned,but the tracking was a guessing game.Had to send it back again.Talked to the tech at Meopta about the German 4 crosshair.I didn't really like it because it was very fine and hard to see.She swapped the scope out for me with one that had a plex crosshair.That scope is much better than the first one.I guess you can get a lemon with any brand. I think the Conquest is just a tad better scope.
I bought Meopta before just about anyone heard of them- when they were priced below value. A 6x42 Artemis with a great #4 reticle. I sent it in for repairs but, hard to admit but I was young and dumb- and think the only issue was that I had it out of focus. Derrr

I had a brand new replacement mailed to me THAT WEEK -no question asked. They have a much larger presence now but the quality and Customer Service made me a fan.

Does that count?

DF

I'm not so sure about that. I had a Cabelas and a Zeiss in 3-9 x40 and they were identical in every way except for the name. The tubes, turrets, caps, adjustments, lens coatings, reticles, view - all identical. Perhaps the guts are different, but I doubt it. I think the confusion is that there are a couple versions of the Meopro. The 3-9x40 versions, based on my small sample, are the same, or at least so close that they might as well be the same. Either way, I've had a Conquest 3.5-10 for over 10 years on my 270. Not a huge thumper, but the scope has seen hundreds of rounds and still performs like the day I bought it. I haven't wrung out the Cabelas yet as I have one on an AR (50 rounds maybe), and another on a 338 Federal that has seen about 20 rounds, so time will tell.
[Linked Image]
Have 3 meoptas. They are all better than the shooter. Wish I had more.
bersh-

My info regarding the internals, etc.,comes directly from both Zeiss and Meopta in various conversations over the years. Also, in the ones I had (multiples of each brand), you could feel a distinct difference in the turrets from one brand to the next. And if you grid the reticles, you will see that the Zeiss #4 and Meopta #4 are far from one and the same. The center wire of the Meopta is much thinner. The Meopta plex was also slightly less bold than the #20 Z-plex.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Have 3 meoptas. They are all better than the shooter. Wish I had more.

smile
Give a call
I have a 1.75-10x42 Meostar with a lighted-center dot duplex. Really nice glass but the rubber ring on the eyepiece was barely attached when I got it. Not worth sending it in over but I have yet to break out some sealant and refasten it to the eyepiece.

Other than that, no complaints. Love that lit dot around dusk too. I come from a background of premium scopes being VX-3’s, Burris signatures, and Nikon Monarchs so I cant really make a claim about how it stacks up against other euro brands. I have a Kahles 2-7x36 arriving Monday so that should be a fair comparison.
Nope!
bersh-

My info regarding the internals, etc.,comes directly from both Zeiss and Meopta in various conversations over the years. Also, in the ones I had (multiples of each brand), you could feel a distinct difference in the turrets from one brand to the next. And if you grid the reticles, you will see that the Zeiss #4 and Meopta #4 are far from one and the same. The center wire of the Meopta is much thinner. The Meopta plex was also slightly less bold than the #20 Z-plex.

I have had the Conquest 3-9x40, the Meopta MeoPro 3-9x40 and have the Meopta MeoPro 6x42. What Bobby said.
Well do you guys that have had all three versions of this scope CONQUEST, CABELAS INSTINCT and MEOPRO, do you think the Zeiss is better optically or mechanically? Is there any difference in the INSTINCT and the MEOPRO?
I have a Zeiss Conquest MC 3x9x40 that has to go in for repair .It is the only one i have owned .Turrets are locked up had it on a .243 .My only experience with Zeiss.
Since erectors are bad do they replace or repair on the older Conquest MC scopes ? Called them this morning answering machine says they are not open today.
I would not expect Zeiss to be open on weekends. They will probably replace the scope.
Meopta has a good reputation for quality well beyond its price point.

Hugh, would be interested to know if Zeiss CS repairs or replaces it, if you don't mind posting it.

Interesting info, Bobby, appreciate it. Was the Conquest ever assembled in the US? I believe the "Z" MC line preceding it was. If the "notes" I have are correct, the scopes marked "Classic" T* may have been made or assembled by Meopta.
I bought a Meopta 1.5-5x42 used. It had a slight film inside the objective lense. I sent it back presumable for cleaning. It got there and I got a all immediately that they were going to replace it and which reticle did I prefer. A week later I had a new scope in hand. The quality is equal to my Zeiss scopes. I have been using it 5-6 years and no issues.

If I could get another at that price I would happily buy three.
TomK when I find something out ill post it.
appreciate it Hugh
I had a meopta Artemis 2000 3-9x40mm (maybe 42mm?) some black flakes ended up on the inside of the lens. I contacted our (Canada) contact but since it was a cz model it needed to go back there for repair. A couple months later it came back and within a week or two the black flakes reappeared. frown
Originally Posted by bigJ
I had a meopta Artemis 2000 3-9x40mm (maybe 42mm?) some black flakes ended up on the inside of the lens. I contacted our (Canada) contact but since it was a cz model it needed to go back there for repair. A couple months later it came back and within a week or two the black flakes reappeared. frown

I have had black flakes on every brand of scope I have owned except Leupold ,Zeiss and S&B. its the antireflective coating inside the tube
These flakes were fairly large - like 3/16”. Very annoying....
I have had a flake, on a 2.5-10x50 Zeiss Victory. It was only visible below about 3.5x . Zeiss took care of it. If I recall correctly, this was on a used scope that I bought. I suppose this can happen to any of them, should not but can. This was my first time personally experiencing it with any scope.

I have had black flakes on every brand of scope I have owned except Leupold ,Zeiss and S&B. its the antireflective coating inside the tube
Originally Posted by ldmay375
I have had a flake, on a 2.5-10x50 Zeiss Victory. It was only visible below about 3.5x . Zeiss took care of it. If I recall correctly, this was on a used scope that I bought. I suppose this can happen to any of them, should not but can. This was my first time personally experiencing it with any scope.

Like I said it happens on more then one brand, no biggie it is just cosmetic .
Got to the range today with new 6x42 Meopta #4 on 300Win..Beautiful ! After sight in it printed 3 shots with two overlapping and third tad under half inch at 100 yds with cheapest Federal blue box...Love this scope
Originally Posted by ManyMoons
Got to the range today with new 6x42 Meopta #4 on 300Win..Beautiful ! After sight in it printed 3 shots with two overlapping and third tad under half inch at 100 yds with cheapest Federal blue box...Love this scope

Did you drop it from the roof of your house onto the driveway? Only way to know if the scope is any good confused
smile

Our 6x42 shipment was just delivered. All orders that were placed are shipping today and we have a few extras for those interested
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
smile

Our 6x42 shipment was just delivered. All orders that were placed are shipping today and we have a few extras for those interested

Rifle is waiting! grin
No, but I did drop on the recoil pad from about 6"..3 or 4 times....Good enough for me..If I go on roof with rifle I might be crazy.
Talked to Everett at Zeiss .First he said an upgrade than he said it was repaired and shipped.sent out 2 days ago . looked at tracking to Zeiss took 6 days .They had scope 4 days and sent it out. pretty happy .Hope it works as should.
I think i have 7 Meoptas.. My son keeps running off with them so its hard to keep track. The only issues Ive had are the reticles are fairly fine and hard to see against a dark deer hide on a dingy evening. I did miss one due to that, I thought i could see the hairs but must have been imagination. The other problem i had was with an Artemis on a 375 Ruger. Its a heavy scope with a steel tube and I could not get it to stay put with the 375 recoil. It kept marching forward inspite of rosin and 4 screw rings..
Tracking has always been precise and when using the 4-16 X44 on a benchrest rifle I could pull the trajectory data off JBM and diat right in for 600 yd and would rarely be more than a click off. Going back to the short range "0" was always dead on. Might have a change for 100 yds of 21" and it would dial in and return precisely. Same at yardage calculated changes were always very close.
I was having problems getting a Howa 25-06 to shoot consistently all year after trying several loads with little luck I swapped my Meopro 3.5-10x44 with an old 3-9 Conquest. Immediately it shot a sub 1” 5 shot group with the same loads that had been inconsistent. Must be the scope - so I sent it back to Meopta in Florida. After a couple of weeks I got an email with the detailed description of the testing including a photo of a .292” group that he had shot with his test 22-250 and a suggestion to check the mounts since a loose mount could be the cause of my inconsistency.

I got it back yesterday and put it on a different rifle so I’ll check this weekend to verify. Talley lightweights on most hunting rifles haven’t had a problem with them yet so it may be the Howa is just very picky.

The experience was good enough from time and communication was excellent once the technician got it - I liked his detail of how it shot and all of the steps described. If it doesn’t hold little groups on the TC 30-06 it will go back but I’m back to fooling around with the darn Howa again it may never get an antelope for me.
I’ve have one never an issue a friend of mine had one the cover cap on the turrent stuck and screwed the turrent out meopta replaced with a new scope in record time excellent glass
Never had one of their scopes!
Originally Posted by hanco
Never had one of their scopes!

Thanks for letting us know.
© 24hourcampfire