Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Meopta has a good reputation for quality well beyond its price point.

Hugh, would be interested to know if Zeiss CS repairs or replaces it, if you don't mind posting it.

Interesting info, Bobby, appreciate it. Was the Conquest ever assembled in the US? I believe the "Z" MC line preceding it was. If the "notes" I have are correct, the scopes marked "Classic" T* may have been made or assembled by Meopta.

Defend the Constitution
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I bought a Meopta 1.5-5x42 used. It had a slight film inside the objective lense. I sent it back presumable for cleaning. It got there and I got a all immediately that they were going to replace it and which reticle did I prefer. A week later I had a new scope in hand. The quality is equal to my Zeiss scopes. I have been using it 5-6 years and no issues.

If I could get another at that price I would happily buy three.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
TomK when I find something out ill post it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
appreciate it Hugh

Defend the Constitution
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a meopta Artemis 2000 3-9x40mm (maybe 42mm?) some black flakes ended up on the inside of the lens. I contacted our (Canada) contact but since it was a cz model it needed to go back there for repair. A couple months later it came back and within a week or two the black flakes reappeared. frown

Last edited by bigJ; 03/24/18.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bigJ
I had a meopta Artemis 2000 3-9x40mm (maybe 42mm?) some black flakes ended up on the inside of the lens. I contacted our (Canada) contact but since it was a cz model it needed to go back there for repair. A couple months later it came back and within a week or two the black flakes reappeared. frown

I have had black flakes on every brand of scope I have owned except Leupold ,Zeiss and S&B. its the antireflective coating inside the tube

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
These flakes were fairly large - like 3/16”. Very annoying....

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have had a flake, on a 2.5-10x50 Zeiss Victory. It was only visible below about 3.5x . Zeiss took care of it. If I recall correctly, this was on a used scope that I bought. I suppose this can happen to any of them, should not but can. This was my first time personally experiencing it with any scope.

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I have had black flakes on every brand of scope I have owned except Leupold ,Zeiss and S&B. its the antireflective coating inside the tube

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ldmay375
I have had a flake, on a 2.5-10x50 Zeiss Victory. It was only visible below about 3.5x . Zeiss took care of it. If I recall correctly, this was on a used scope that I bought. I suppose this can happen to any of them, should not but can. This was my first time personally experiencing it with any scope.

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Like I said it happens on more then one brand, no biggie it is just cosmetic .

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got to the range today with new 6x42 Meopta #4 on 300Win..Beautiful ! After sight in it printed 3 shots with two overlapping and third tad under half inch at 100 yds with cheapest Federal blue box...Love this scope

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ManyMoons
Got to the range today with new 6x42 Meopta #4 on 300Win..Beautiful ! After sight in it printed 3 shots with two overlapping and third tad under half inch at 100 yds with cheapest Federal blue box...Love this scope

Did you drop it from the roof of your house onto the driveway? Only way to know if the scope is any good confused

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smile

Our 6x42 shipment was just delivered. All orders that were placed are shipping today and we have a few extras for those interested

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
smile

Our 6x42 shipment was just delivered. All orders that were placed are shipping today and we have a few extras for those interested

Rifle is waiting! grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No, but I did drop on the recoil pad from about 6"..3 or 4 times....Good enough for me..If I go on roof with rifle I might be crazy.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Talked to Everett at Zeiss .First he said an upgrade than he said it was repaired and shipped.sent out 2 days ago . looked at tracking to Zeiss took 6 days .They had scope 4 days and sent it out. pretty happy .Hope it works as should.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think i have 7 Meoptas.. My son keeps running off with them so its hard to keep track. The only issues Ive had are the reticles are fairly fine and hard to see against a dark deer hide on a dingy evening. I did miss one due to that, I thought i could see the hairs but must have been imagination. The other problem i had was with an Artemis on a 375 Ruger. Its a heavy scope with a steel tube and I could not get it to stay put with the 375 recoil. It kept marching forward inspite of rosin and 4 screw rings..
Tracking has always been precise and when using the 4-16 X44 on a benchrest rifle I could pull the trajectory data off JBM and diat right in for 600 yd and would rarely be more than a click off. Going back to the short range "0" was always dead on. Might have a change for 100 yds of 21" and it would dial in and return precisely. Same at yardage calculated changes were always very close.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was having problems getting a Howa 25-06 to shoot consistently all year after trying several loads with little luck I swapped my Meopro 3.5-10x44 with an old 3-9 Conquest. Immediately it shot a sub 1” 5 shot group with the same loads that had been inconsistent. Must be the scope - so I sent it back to Meopta in Florida. After a couple of weeks I got an email with the detailed description of the testing including a photo of a .292” group that he had shot with his test 22-250 and a suggestion to check the mounts since a loose mount could be the cause of my inconsistency.

I got it back yesterday and put it on a different rifle so I’ll check this weekend to verify. Talley lightweights on most hunting rifles haven’t had a problem with them yet so it may be the Howa is just very picky.

The experience was good enough from time and communication was excellent once the technician got it - I liked his detail of how it shot and all of the steps described. If it doesn’t hold little groups on the TC 30-06 it will go back but I’m back to fooling around with the darn Howa again it may never get an antelope for me.

W
wsq Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I’ve have one never an issue a friend of mine had one the cover cap on the turrent stuck and screwed the turrent out meopta replaced with a new scope in record time excellent glass

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Never had one of their scopes!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by hanco
Never had one of their scopes!

Thanks for letting us know.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 14 invisible), 993 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,131
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.