Home
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hawke Endurance 2-7×32 LER 30/30 #HK6350 on sale, reduced from $209.99 to only $99.99 [Linked Image]
16 layer fully multi-coated optics for exceptional clarity
Long eye relief for high recoil/magnum calibers
1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
Glass etched reticle with red illumination
Stepless rheostat offers total brightness control
¼ MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets
Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
Threaded objective/ocular for optional accessories
Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
All calibre rated.

Specifically designed for use with the .30-30 round, Hawke Sports Optics's 2-7x32 Endurance LER Riflescope boasts a long 4.5" eye relief to give you plenty of room for high recoils, and a high-torque zoom collar that won't move even after repeated shots. Fully multi-coated optics help to offset the smaller objective and ensures that images are bright and clear with high-contrast for picking out game in densely wooded areas. The scope's 32mm objective and short covered turrets give this optic a low-profile with reduced snag possibilities. Capped turrets help guard against accidental adjustments, while its fast-focus collar, zoom ring, and stepless rheostat allow you to quickly adapt to rapidly changing situations. Complementing the performance of the scope is a lightweight and durable anodized aluminum housing, with a 1" one-piece maintube that is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be water and fogproof

Optical Performance
2-7x zoom magnification
32mm objective lens
16-layer anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics
37.8-12.6' field of view at 100 yards

Reticle Details
Duplex crosshair-style reticle
Designed for the specific ballistic characteristics of .30-30 rounds
Black etched outer posts with pointed ends to draw the eye into the center hairs
Center illuminated aiming cross
Aiming cross is 10 MOA long from center, 15 MOA from center to inside edge of outer posts
Subtensions set at 4x magnification
Placed on second focal plane
Partial illumination:
Easy to see red light
Stepless rheostat offers precise control of brightness setting through entire intensity range
Runs on one included CR2032 battery
[Linked Image]
Use and Handling
Fast-focus collar
1/4 MOA per click impact point correction
Broad 160 MOA windage and elevation adjustment range for long distance impact point correction
Fixed parallax set at 100 yards
Low-profile covered turret caps prevent accidental adjustment
Long 4.5" eye relief for use with magnum calibers
Wide 16-5mm exit pupil keep entire scene in view even at high magnifications

Construction Details
1" one-piece maintube
Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy housing
Nitrogen-filled for water and fogproof performance
Threaded objective and ocular for optional accessories such as sun shades
Rated for use on most calibers and recoil-resistant
Length: 11.1 inches
Weight: 15.8 ounces

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day.
Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000, 212-753-5128
Please visit our web site @ Cameras,Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes | Camera Land NY
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

How's the reticle when not illuminated?
Basically a standard plex
Had mine out today, admiring it. Might have to pick up another for my Howa Mini.

Doug, how many you have left?
Got another shipment today. I figured we better stock up while Hawke still had some. At $99.99 this is a slammin' value
Are the Chinese made, or made somewhere else?
They're Chinese, but apparently of very good quality. I have three: one like this, an 8x56 w/30mm tube, and a 3-9x40, all illuminated. Hawke says they're Japanese engineered. I've only mounted two, but the adjustments responded properly and feel very positive. All this applies to the Endurance line. Can't say about cheaper ones. Saw some reviews on the top-of-the-line Frontier scopes and they look very nice, and cost like it. These are heavy for their size, which would seem to indicate strong, metal innards. 16-layer multicoat. Etched glass reticles.

The Chinese can build good stuff IF their customers insist on it. They can also make crap. These look as good as any $200 or so scope I've seen. But if someone just doesn't like stuff that's Chinese, then that's that.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
They're Chinese, but apparently of very good quality. I have three: one like this, an 8x56 w/30mm tube, and a 3-9x40, all illuminated. Hawke says they're Japanese engineered. I've only mounted two, but the adjustments responded properly and feel very positive. All this applies to the Endurance line. Can't say about cheaper ones. Saw some reviews on the top-of-the-line Frontier scopes and they look very nice, and cost like it. These are heavy for their size, which would seem to indicate strong, metal innards. 16-layer multicoat. Etched glass reticles.

The Chinese can build good stuff IF their customers insist on it. They can also make crap. These look as good as any $200 or so scope I've seen. But if someone just doesn't like stuff that's Chinese, then that's that.

Exactly and for $99.99 it's a steal. We are working with Hawke to get more of their product out into the hands of the users so there's more brand awareness.
Hey Doug I just bought one but don't have a 30/30.
It should work on a 45/70 right?
Originally Posted by DropShot
Hey Doug I just bought one but don't have a 30/30.
It should work on a 45/70 right?

It'll be fine
Damn you Doug!

Now I'm gonna have another scope from you with no gun under it! cry
You're cryin'? I hope those are tears of joy smile
laugh

You're an enabler......
shocked
A 16 ounce scope with a giant ocular bell specifically intended for a .30-30 ? Wow that's just brilliant. Not ! Too bad nobody designing such things knows doodly squat about guns.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Damn you Doug!

10% off everything at Whittakers. All month...
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A 16 ounce scope with a giant ocular bell specifically intended for a .30-30 ? Wow that's just brilliant. Not ! Too bad nobody designing such things knows doodly squat about guns.

Unwad thy panties, Sir Knight. 30/30 is the designation of the reticle, but for me, it's just a nice fine crosswire that lights up when the lights go down, with thick posts outside the lighted part. Like most of my hunting scopes, I turn it up for sighting in and accuracy testing, then crank it down for hunting in the bushes. I know you're a peep sight guy, but us geezers need a little optical help sometimes, as you will probably discover.

A dumb name, I agree, but what do you expect from a bunch of Brits.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Damn you Doug!

10% off everything at Whittakers. All month...

I cant even look....
Code MAYDAY, for when you do...
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Unwad thy panties, Sir Knight. 30/30 is the designation of the reticle, but for me, it's just a nice fine crosswire that lights up when the lights go down, with thick posts outside the lighted part. Like most of my hunting scopes, I turn it up for sighting in and accuracy testing, then crank it down for hunting in the bushes. I know you're a peep sight guy, but us geezers need a little optical help sometimes, as you will probably discover.

A dumb name, I agree, but what do you expect from a bunch of Brits.
I dunno, the description above says it's "specifically designed for use with the .30-30 round." Further down under "reticle details" it says "designed for the specific ballistic characteristics of the .30-30 round." Kinda sounds like it was intended for use on a .30-30 to me.
The only current models with that reticle are the cheaper Vantage models. The website info says the ends of the posts are 30" apart (30/30, get it) with no mention of the rifle they're intended for. Maybe they realized the original idea was a dumb notion too. Guys that write ad copy aren't always up on what they're selling.

At any rate, it's a nice, simple reticle, in a pretty decent scope.
Guys that write ad copy aren't always up on what they're selling.

Bet they can describe a cheap TV to a tee.
No doubt.
I don't see a measurement of the mounting distance (between ocular and objective). Any idea?

RM
Originally Posted by RevMike
I don't see a measurement of the mounting distance (between ocular and objective). Any idea?

RM

The mounting surface from the ocular to center turrets is 1.7”. The mounting surface from the objective to center turrets is also 1.7”. Hope that helps…
Got my Hawke Endurance 2-7×32 LER scope in yesterday and man I can't believe the eye relief.
Super clear and well over 4 inches of eye relief makes this one of my favorite scopes.
I checked it out at last light yesterday and I could see well after sundown and well after legal shooting times.
The lighted reticle makes this scope stand out for low light conditions.
If it holds up to 45/70 recoil I'll buy another.
Glad to hear this. Thinking of picking up one for my sons 30-30 Marlin. Any reason I shouldn't?
It seems like this name brand scope is more noted than I thought.It seems like at least a dozen folks have and like the Hawke Endurance scopes.
kenjs1 I'll scope the Marlin 1895 soon and let you know if it can keep zero under hard recoil.
405 gr jacketed and soon will have some 350 gr hard cast bullets loaded for it.If anything can keep zero with those loaded rounds it will be a keeper.
I'll let you know soon.
It seems like this name brand scope is more noted than I thought.It seems like at least a dozen folks have and like the Hawke Endurance scopes.
kenjs1 I'll scope the Marlin 1895 soon and let you know if it can keep zero under hard recoil.
405 gr jacketed and soon will have some 350 gr hard cast bullets loaded for it.If anything can keep zero with those loaded rounds it will be a keeper.
I'll let you know soon.

Not so much in the US, but they are very popular with airgunners all over the place. Don't know if I would've tried them absent the closeout prices, but I now have three, with the 30mm 8x56 the one that's impressed me most so far.

Yesterday, I replaced the Tract Tekoa 3-12 on my Hawkeye .223 for a 1" Hawke Endurance LER 3-9x40. Saves about 6oz and balances better than the long Tract, which will go on my Fieldcraft. Not totally sold on the ballistic reticle in this particular Hawke, but it is illuminated and should allow very precise aiming. The ER is long like the 2-7 and allowed easy-peasy mounting. Will hit the range with it when the weather and garden permit.
Pappy:

Is the advertised weight on the 2-7 correct? Almost a pound?
Pappy:

Strictly by heft, I'd say so. Pretty hefty for a 1" 2-7, but it does have the illumination stuff on board and an impressive range of adjustment.

After using it a bit, I'd pay twice the price if I needed another one. Fortunately, I wouldn't have to.

It's almost perfect for say, pigs in low light.😜

Of that I have no doubt! How thick (or thin) is the center of the reticle? In other words, how much of a one-inch bullseye do you think it covers at 100 yards?
It's pretty fine. Outer posts are medium-thick. With the light on, the center stands out very well in dim light, not so much in daylight, actually an excellent compromise.

Tell you what; if you want to try one, go ahead and I'll give you $100 for it, plus shipping to my house, if you don't like it, provided you don't throw it off any cliffs or lend it to Form. (This applies only to the Rev. He knows Jesus personally, so I know he can be trusted)

I was thinking about picking up another one for a Howa mini. If you get one, I'll hold off.
Heck, that's a "Can't Lose" situation right there!

Tell you what: I'll order one in the morning, and when it comes in I'll let you know immediately if I'm gonna keep it or take you up on your offer. I'm actually looking for something to replace a Burris illuminated German 4 with a dot. I can't stand the bloomin' dot! I promise not to throw if off a cliff or anything else; there won't be a scratch on it. How does that sound?
Deal.
Well you all convinced me, I'm in for one to mount on a Savage 99.
We've sold a lot of these scopes lately and folks seem to be very pleased with them.

We have been working with Hawke in order to get different scopes and binoculars that we can offer great deals on in order to get more of their product out there in order to build brand awareness.
Doug, do y'all sell the lens covers as well?

Mike
Doug, do y'all sell the lens covers as well?

Mike

Good morning Mike,
I am sorry, we do not.
No problem. They have a website.
Alright, Pappy, it's on its way.
Parson,

FWIW, my 8x56 came with the covers. They're wonderfully made, but I replaced them with Butler creek ones because I was a little antsy about having metal coves screwed into the ends of the scope (and next to my eye). The manual cautions against shooting with the eyepiece cover in place, but taking it on and off is a delicate operation (tool is provided) and certainly not something you want to do often. Funny thing is that even with the warning, they have pictures here and there showing guys shooting with the covers folded back. If you get the covers, install the eyepiece one after you focus it to your vision.

In addition to the generous eye relief, the eyepieces have plenty of adjustment for those of a certain vintage that need a little help with focus. Some of my older scopes are "out of threads" meaning I may soon have to use mild glasses with them. All my scopes came with a battery installed, and a spare.
Pappy:

Neil just put one on the scale. 1.05 pounds
Parson,

FWIW, my 8x56 came with the covers. They're wonderfully made, but I replaced them with Butler creek ones because I was a little antsy about having metal coves screwed into the ends of the scope (and next to my eye). The manual cautions against shooting with the eyepiece cover in place, but taking it on and off is a delicate operation (tool is provided) and certainly not something you want to do often. Funny thing is that even with the warning, they have pictures here and there showing guys shooting with the covers folded back. If you get the covers, install the eyepiece one after you focus it to your vision.

In addition to the generous eye relief, the eyepieces have plenty of adjustment for those of a certain vintage that need a little help with focus. Some of my older scopes are "out of threads" meaning I may soon have to use mild glasses with them. All my scopes came with a battery installed, and a spare.

Thanks for that info. Advising to remove a scope cover must be a lawyer thing. All my Leupolds have Alumina covers on them and I've never had an issue.

Unfortunately I'm already shooting with glasses - not Ingwe glasses yet, but glasses nonetheless. shocked
Thanks for the confirmation, Doug.
My pleasure. If you need anything please give the call a store and speak with neil or Joel. Wife and baby come home today so I'll be away from the computer until they are both napping smile
Outstanding! Congratulations!
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
My pleasure. If you need anything please give the call a store and speak with neil or Joel. Wife and baby come home today so I'll be away from the computer until they are both napping smile

Yeah, congratulations.

If you decide you don't want any more of those noisy little creatures, PM me and I'll explain where they come from.

Of that I have no doubt! How thick (or thin) is the center of the reticle? In other words, how much of a one-inch bullseye do you think it covers at 100 yards?

This just in, in response to a query I sent yesterday. They're quick.

Thanks for your interest in Hawke Sport Optics. The 2-7x32 LER cross hairs will cover approximately 1" on 7x MAG @ 100 yards. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me anytime.
The 2 I ordered came ytd. And I too am impressed and that’s not easy to do. Let’s remember we only paid about $100 a copy. The glass looks impressively clear. The eye relief is almost beyond belief. I really like the crosshires, the thick part is big enough for my aging eyes to catch quickly and the thin hairs seem adequate either light or not. Now if they hold up on the rifles I’m going to mount them on I’ll buy a few more. 🤠
I had to order the mounts for the 1895 Marlin so it will be mounted next week.
I did center the crosshairs with 670 clicks from one side to the other.
When I get it mounted I'll try my 350 gr hard cast bullets.
I'll cast them while waiting for the scope mounts and coat them so they won't even come close to leading.
Then I'll report my feelings about this scope handling heavy recoil.
I put one on a Ruger Ranch American in 450 BM. Put a few rounds through it thinking it might work for bears over bait at last light. Recoil is not that significant but hope to work it out over the summer in anticipation of Sept. Wis bear hunt.
Thanks Drop shot.
FWIW, I sighted in a 3-9x40 with the .308/.223 reticle today on my Hawkeye AW .223. Fired one shot, ran the knobs around to line up the crosshair with the bullet hole. Next three were right on the money. Also fired the best group so far with the Ruger, 5 Fiocchi 40gr Vmaxes into just under 1/2". We'll see if that's a fluke or the real deal another time, but that ammo's pretty good stuff for $.40 a round or so. My Vanguard S2 liked it too.
FWIW, I sighted in a 3-9x40 with the .308/.223 reticle today on my Hawkeye AW .223. Fired one shot, ran the knobs around to line up the crosshair with the bullet hole. Next three were right on the money. Also fired the best group so far with the Ruger, 5 Fiocchi 40gr Vmaxes into just under 1/2". We'll see if that's a fluke or the real deal another time, but that ammo's pretty good stuff for $.40 a round or so. My Vanguard S2 liked it too.

I think you'll come to the conclusion that the scope is a quality optic
Best $130 scope I own for certain. Think a couple of guys at the range might buy one. Asked for Doug's website.

According to the app, the 200 yard mark should be on at 229, based on the estimated velocity I fed it. Just like with a crossbow scope, once it's sighted in at 100, you can go to 200, then tweak the magnification until the 200 yard point is on target. Not a substitute for dialing but okay for minute of woodchuck. Would have preferred the simpler 30/30 reticle, but this is what they had and it's a decent range toy.

If the advertised velocity of this ammo is correct, zeroed at 100, it's -2.08 at 200, -4.86 at 250, and -9.1 at 300; pretty dang flat.
Just got home to find mine had arrived. Looked it over and am very impressed. Will be mounting and shooting it soon!
Yo, Doug,

Next time you talk to the Hawke people, see if you can scrounge up some Endurance 3-9x40s with the 30/30 reticle.
Another thread has had an influence on me. I just ordered one of these for my TC Contender G2 carbine in 30/30 to replace a larger scope.
Pappy:

I unpacked the scope and I really like the reticle. It's a little heavier and bulkier than my Leupolds, and the ocular is a little wider as well, but hopefully it will nevertheless fit in low Talleys on a M70 or MRC. I won't know until sub-tropical storm Alberto gets his wet butt out of here, but either way I do have a rifle for it. That said, I certainly appreciate your offer but I think I'll keep it.

Thanks again.

RM
Mike: I just mounted and sighted mine in today, on a Ruger #1 in .222...sighted in no problem, the extra eye relief was a help on the #1 and so far so good! I Like it!
Frankly, I'm going to be surprised if that reticle actually covers one MOA at 100 yards. It looks a lot thinner than that.
Mike, I sighted mine in today on a basic target with 1 inch squares...its pretty close!
Since this one will be used on porkers up pretty close, I don't think it's gonna be a problem.
Pappy:

I unpacked the scope and I really like the reticle. It's a little heavier and bulkier than my Leupolds, and the ocular is a little wider as well, but hopefully it will nevertheless fit in low Talleys on a M70 or MRC. I won't know until sub-tropical storm Alberto gets his wet butt out of here, but either way I do have a rifle for it. That said, I certainly appreciate your offer but I think I'll keep it.

Thanks again.

RM

Knew it.
Since this one will be used on porkers up pretty close, I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

Mike I bought the thing for two reasons..increased eye relief and illuminating reticle, which I have found VERY handy on my trips to Texas for predator calling and definitely for pigs. I dont know how many Ive killed at night..but the illumination reticle in red, paired with my green kill light looks pretty much like Christmas when its "GO" time! laugh

Knew it.

Sorry, but if they're sold out let me know. I won't be able to do mount it or do anything with it till this weather clears.
Ingwe:

Black at twilight in the shadows: that's pretty much the ideal set-up for an illuminated reticle.

Knew it.

Sorry, but if they're sold out let me know. I won't be able to do mount it or do anything with it till this weather clears.

We have another shipment coming in this week. These scopes have been selling like crazy since we put them on promo. Happy to start getting some brand recognition for Hawke. They make great products but they have no marketing team. We're happy to offer these deals as a way of promoting the products and getting their optics into peoples hands.
Doug:

See if they'll send you a shipment of the flip-up lens covers as well. I find them handier than the rubber storm covers that come on this scope as well as many others.

Mike
Fret not, Parson. I'm well covered for the present. If Doug can dig up the 3-9 with the same reticle, I'd buy that instead.

Make sure you turn the light out on yours when you put it down; there's no idiot switch like on a Leupy.

Glad you like it.
I'm considering putting the included covers back on my 8x56. No way am I carrying that sewer pipe in the woods and the metal ones are more compact.
Unfortunately, there are no more of the 3-9's
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Unfortunately, there are no more of the 3-9's

Crap! I would buy one...
I got my 2-7 Endurance mounted on my Marlin 1895 with low mounts but the crosshairs are too high.
I turned the top knob almost all the way down before the crosshairs went below line of sight at 30 feet.I prefer being in the middle.
Would higher rings bring it up enough?I should have some 1 inch medium rings but am not sure if it will be enough.
I have not shot it but I re-scoped 3 different rifles this year alone and at 30 feet I always am below the boresight light beam.
I use a boresight you put in the barrel as I can't get a 45 cal insert for the boresight I normally use that goes in the chamber and puts a laser beam on target.
What do you guys think?
Did this rifle have a scope in these mounts before? If so, where was the laser beam in relation to the crosshairs? If not, then you're going to have to start at the beginning and boresight it the old way or put it on paper. 30 feet seems pretty close to me and I can imagine that you may well have used up a lot of clicks lining up that close. You're correct in wanting to have the adjustments somewhere close to the middle, but that's not always possible without shimming something or using an angled base. Seems to me that higher rings would just put it farther off.

I boresight my rifles ordinarily by looking though the bore at a small target 50 yards away. The rare one that doesn't allow that gets fired at paper at 25 or 50 yards, then the adjustments get touched up at 100. Your Marlin can, of course be boresighted by removing the bolt as you would when cleaning properly from the breech end. That's what I would do, before putting it on paper, especially with the adjustments nearly bottomed out.

Set up a small, bright target at 50 yards. Remove the bolt, then place the rifle in a steady rest like a cleaning cradle or even two notches cut in a large cardboard box, anything that will hold it steady. Sight through the barrel and line up the target in the center of the bore like a peep sight. Adjust the crosshairs until they are on the target while the target is centered in the bore. Once done, your first shots should be on the paper at 50. Fine tune it there, then at 100. This method works for me 95% of the time at least, maybe more. Occasionally, I get it just right and no further adjustment, or just a bit, is required. I can only remember one or two rifles in 50 years that I had trouble with, and those I just had to start on paper at 25 yards.
You're correct in wanting to have the adjustments somewhere close to the middle, but that's not always possible without shimming something or using an angled base. Seems to me that higher rings would just put it farther off.

DropShot: just to add to what Pappy said, Burris Signature Zee rings (with the insert) will allow you to make considerable adjustments to the rings themselves, then fine tune with the scope adjustments themselves. Just a thought.

RM
Amen, if it turns out he actually has a problem. I suspect his methodology might need to be re-visited.

No doubt someone, somewhere, has a tacti-cool angled base for Marlins as well.
Thanks for the replies.
I shot it today and it hits 4 inches high with close to center of adjustments.
I have many rifles and change scopes around from time to time but this rifle never wore a scope.
The bases are Leupold STD base and Leupold low rings.
I changed the Leupold VXlll LR 6.5-20X50 on another rifle the same day( 300 win mag) and all went well with that rifle and no method problems.
Last week I changed the Weaver 3-10X44 scope on a rifle I was not using much to a T/C Encore and had no method problems with that one either.Man that Encore 30/06 is super accurate.
Now with the Marlin I have a problem.
I'll switch this scope to another rifle and see if the same problem occurs,maybe the Browning BLR in 358 but it wears a Leupold 1.75-6 VXlll and is accurate with that scope.
I also have a Zeiss but its too much scope for a 45/70.
This year alone I have mounted 4 scopes for friends since I have more tools than they do and had no problems.
I have a Burris base and Z-rings somewhere I can try.
I also have medium rings I can try too.
Thanks guys.
4" ain't much, well within normal expectations and easy to handle with the generous range of adjustment of that scope. You don't want it at or near the extreme ends, but I can't see any problem here at all.

Expect hooting and cries of derision because of your use of the STD mounts.
Thanks for your reply Pappy.I love the Leupold STD mounts and have read where some say you bend a scope by adjusting the windage so I did a test a little over 1 month ago.
I took off the weaver rail on a T/C Venture and put on Leupold STD mounts on the other the 300 win mag.
I'm an old mechanic of over 30 years of working on most every kind of vehicle so I have a few tools some may not have.
I took the barreled action out of the stock and put it in a shooting/cleaning vise to hold it firmly.
I put a dial indicator base on the recoil lug and the dial on the front dovetail ring.I put a bit of oil on the dove tail as that what Leupold recommended and move it around a bit so it won't freeze up.,I lapped the rings well.
I centered the rings with aluminum dowls just for that purpose and installed the scope with fat wrench torqued to recommended limits.
I adjusted the windage screws and watched the front base move .003(3 thousandths).
Leupold said if any scope won't react to any adjustments the front dove tail may be bound up or frozen so remove scope and front ring and oil it and move it back and forth until it's easy to move then reinstall the scope.
Mine adjusted perfectly with .003 adjustment and when bore sighted it was just close to perfect.Just a tiny adjustment and it shoots close to 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards with my select handloads so I know the STD bases are as good as I need.Just my 2 cents
What are these comparable to? Here's a few price points...

Bushnell banner? Trophy? Sightron SI? Redfield revolution? Sightron SII? Bushnell 3200? Leupold VX2?

What vortex scope?

Oh Pappy I forgot to add that the laser beam is above the center crosshairs and since the ocular bell is around 2 inches above the barrel the light beam should always be below the crosshairs.
I tried and can not get it below the crosshairs without being just 3 clicks from bottoming out.Way too much.
I have decided to get medium rings and try that and see where it is.Putting the crosshairs higher above the barrel bore.
Sounds right?
QUIET!!!!!!!! There scopes are the best kept secret for us guys that been using them for a few years.

Take care, Willie
If I understand you, the rifle is printing 4" above POA with the adjustments close to center. Doesn't matter where the laser beam is pointing, adjust the scope and go shoot something.

Good luck.
Crockettnj I find the Hawke Endurance scope a tad brighter than the Vortex Crossfire's I have mounted for friends.
With the lighted reticle it puts this scope in a whole different category.
Once I get mine mounted and shooting from the center of the ocular bell I will love it!
I'll keep posting to make sure everyone knows about the Hawke brand.
Pappy has 3 so he knows much more about them
Thanks for the replies.
I shot it today and it hits 4 inches high with close to center of adjustments.
I have many rifles and change scopes around from time to time but this rifle never wore a scope.
The bases are Leupold STD base and Leupold low rings.
I changed the Leupold VXlll LR 6.5-20X50 on another rifle the same day( 300 win mag) and all went well with that rifle and no method problems.
Last week I changed the Weaver 3-10X44 scope on a rifle I was not using much to a T/C Encore and had no method problems with that one either.Man that Encore 30/06 is super accurate.
Now with the Marlin I have a problem.
I'll switch this scope to another rifle and see if the same problem occurs,maybe the Browning BLR in 358 but it wears a Leupold 1.75-6 VXlll and is accurate with that scope.
I also have a Zeiss but its too much scope for a 45/70.
This year alone I have mounted 4 scopes for friends since I have more tools than they do and had no problems.
I have a Burris base and Z-rings somewhere I can try.
I also have medium rings I can try too.
Thanks guys.

Drop, at what range did it shoot 4 in. high?
Pappy 348 if you have three of these, as someone said, you must like them.

Do you have and do you like the Hawke Endurance in a 3x9?
I have the 3x9 and like it alot, wish the eye relief was 4 " instead of 4.5. I'm tall and lean so i climb into the stock a bit. I may order one of the new WA endurance with 4" eye relief and 30mm tube.
Originally Posted by TBS
I have the 3x9 and like it alot, wish the eye relief was 4 " instead of 4.5. I'm tall and lean so i climb into the stock a bit. I may order one of the new WA endurance with 4" eye relief and 30mm tube.

Thanks...I saw that eye relief is still good for my coke bottle glasses!

What rifle is yours on?
Mines on Rem 700 LH long action 30-06 in a HS precision stock with 13 1/2" length of pull. I had to take my rear weaver base and slide it forward so it over hangs the action load/eject port and is connected to rifle with just 1 screw and lots of lock tight.
Pappy 348 if you have three of these, as someone said, you must like them.

Do you have and do you like the Hawke Endurance in a 3x9?

Sorry Tom, I was off the grid for a while and missed this.

Yup, I have a 3-9 with the .308/.223 (or .223/.308, whatever) Marksman reticle mounted on a Hawkeye AW .223. So far, I've only sighted it in and shot a few groups, but I do like it. I decided to zero it at 100 with Fiocchi 40gr Vmaxes. According to the Hawke app, the 200 yard point should be on at 229 and the 300 point at 341, assuming 3600 fps for the ammo. That can be tweaked somewhat using the power ring like is done with a crossbow scope, but it's fine as is for me. Assuming they hold up, I think these scopes are worth the regular asking price, and at $129, are a steal. The 30mm 8x56 has a quality feel to it, even a bit better than the 1", if you don't mind the weight.

BTW that Fiocchi load is good stuff too. I put the last 5 in just over 1/2" with the Ruger, and the chuck my son shot with it last year at 225 yards was 'sploded pretty well. It can be had on sale for about $22 for 50, sometimes a bit less.
OK thanks!

I think I'll pull the trigger on one...so to speak...
Have you tried the 2-7 out yet?
Have you tried the 2-7 out yet?

Only at the range...I put it on a Ruger #1 in .222 because of the generous eye relief, plus, I occasionally shoot pigs with it...and sometimes they get shot at night and I really like the illum crosshairs for that!

I prefer the crosshairs to a dot for night predator hunting cause you often have two red dots ( eyes) bobbing at you through the scope, usually in a red light and one more dot bobbing around can get a tad confusing in a hurry...not so with the crosshairs ..

I'll stick that 3x9 on something and use it this winter on predators...
Mine's atop my CZ Grendle. No action yet, but it's about perfect for a woods-walker rig.

So far, no issues with the clicks with any of them. A click on the scope has yielded the correct results on paper.
Mine's atop my CZ Grendle. No action yet, but it's about perfect for a woods-walker rig.

So far, no issues with the clicks with any of them. A click on the scope has yielded the correct results on paper.

Yep, my 2x7 came right in...and Ive put a couple hundred rounds under it...granted, no big deal with a .222
They ain't all gotta take a .458.
For Pappy and Spud I'm sorry for the delay but I wanted to make sure.
Health problems kept me from the shooting range.
The first time I shot with this scope I was 4 inches high at 100 yards but soon I found out I was not even half way to center of scope as someone else counted his clicks and I wasn't even close to center.
I pushed a little harder and counted clicks and went 1/2 way for elevation and was almost 20 inches high at 100 yards.
The measure of a company is not how cheap they can sell you a product but how they help you when there is a problem.
Doug at Cameraland had me call Hawke and they said to send it in to them for inspection.
I put a Leupold vxll 2-7x33 I keep as an extra and right away it aimed 1 3/4 of an inch below the crosshairs of the Leupold scope on same rifle.Marlin 45/70 lever action.So the scope has a problem,not methods or mistakes.
I may just keep the Leupold scope on the Marlin 45/70 and when the Hawke comes back I may just keep it as a backup scope.
Something will come one day and I will have a scope to put on it.
Let us know what they say (and do).

Self-diagnosis can be tough. A while back I mounted a VX-2 3-9 on a Mauser, pretty vanilla stuff, using Weaver bases and PRW rings. Bore sighting used up most of the windage. I re-centered the scope and replaced the mounts with standard two-piece, centered by eye, with Burris rings and it was almost dead on as-is. Have no idea what I did wrong or was goofed with the first setup. I had wound the clicks around a couple of times and centered it before the first try, so I don't think the scope was "stuck" to one side, and I used a torque driver so it wasn't bound by the rings. Who knows? I'm not Loony enough to pull it apart and try again either.
© 24hourcampfire