Home
Posted By: jsthntn247 NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/18/19
What you think? Made in the CR and 499-899 MSRP. Too good to be true sounds to me.

Meopta USA Sport Optics Introduces New Optika6 Line of Riflescopes​

TAMPA, FL, January 16, 2019 – Meopta USA Sport Optics is pleased to introduce the new Optika6 line of premium riflescopes. This newest Meopta riflescope series features a 30mm tube, 6x zoom, zero-reset turrets and advanced MeoBright lens coating that delivers edge-to-edge clarity and exceptionally bright, sharp images.

The Optika6 Shooting series is available with numerous first focal plane reticle options, including new DichroTech reticles, which feature battery-free illumination in any light conditions. The Shooting series is available in the following models: 1-6x24, 3-18x50,
3-18x56, 4.5-27x50. There is also a 34mm 5-30x56 model with ED glass to eliminate chromatic aberration at high magnification. All Optika6 Shooting series riflescopes feature rubber-armored target turrets for a non-slip grip.

The Optika6 Hunting series is available with numerous reticle options in the second focal plane, including new DichroTech reticles, in the following models: 1-6x24, 2.5-15x44,
3-18x50, 3-18x56 and 4.5-27x50. The Optika6 Hunting scopes with capped turrets feature rubber-armored metal caps for the perfect combination of durability and functionality.

The Optika6 Shooting and Hunting scopes also come with illuminated reticle options and windage and elevation adjustments in either Mil or MOA.

All Meopta Optika6 riflescopes are made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and feature:

- One-piece tube design
- Zero-Reset setting for quick return to zero
- Zoom ring with a multi-position throw lever
- Rear-facing zoom display for easy viewing of power setting from behind the scope
- Locking turrets

“Our goal is to deliver premium, European-quality optics to hunters and shooters at exceptional price points,” said Randy Garrison, Director of Meopta USA Sport Optics.

-more-​

“The Optika6 line of riflescopes does just that while continuing to deliver the excellent low-light performance and optical clarity that has become synonymous with the Meopta brand. We have differentiated our Shooting and Hunting lines to make it easier for consumers to pick the scope that’s right for them, but obviously some hunters will find the first-focal-plane Shooting models more versatile, just as many target shooters will take our second-focal-plane Hunting series to the range.”

Retail Pricing: From $499 - $899

About Meopta
Meopta has been producing high-end European optics for over 85 years. Meopta is a leading manufacturer & partner to many of the world's finest optical brands. Meopta conceives, develops and manufactures precision optical and electro/optical systems for semiconductor, medical, aerospace and military industries as well as for consumer markets.

For more information regarding Meopta, please visit www.meoptasportsoptics.com
These are good to go. I'll be at SHOT and check them out, however, I have had long talks with Randy at Meopta about them
I’m especially interested in the reticles they might offer. Can’t be just the ones listed on the website
Some nice features. A bit heavier than I’d like.
I'll be interested to see Doug's prices on these. Not that I need another scope....
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Some nice features. A bit heavier than I’d like.

I couldn’t find any weights listed
Posted By: usull Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/18/19
Made in the CR ....... I hope that means Czech Republic ?
Yes
All have drop down menus which list all the specs.

https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/produkt/optika-6-2-5-15x44-rd-13161/
22.5 oz on the 2.5-15 optika6
couple things here. The scopes look kinda gigantor, You have giant honking knobs on them, They are offered in a wide power range 6x erector yet the form factor is a target scope. DEAR GOD, cover the f'ing windage, yo optics companies NO ONE IS EVER MONKEYING WITH THE WINDAGE ON A PRECISION OPTIC ONCE THE SCOPE IS SIGHTED IN!!! In fact I don't give a crap if I had to adjust it with a screw driver, a coin, whatever. I don't know why there is such a disconnect on this. They also made the elevation knob giant and tall. I don't see why a guy would put one of these on a hunting rifle, and if the target market is PRS or some other sniper application, that market is pretty tuff with established names. its too bad meopta needs to be better feedback. I think they could have made some form factor changes and satisfied a lot more more the market. but then again it seems like meopta kinda does that.

ziess looks like they are selling a lot of V4's YEAH something like those but in different power ranges.
There’s nothin* between a 24 and 44 mm obj. . ..?
Posted By: jwp475 Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/19/19

Sounds like a lot a scope for the money.
Originally Posted by jwp475

Sounds like a lot a scope for the money.

That's what I'm thinking.
Posted By: Schaaf Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/19/19
Can anyone see the weights of the 4.5-27 or 5-30?

Correct, all have drop downs, all don't show weight.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/19/19

Meopta doesn't pay attention to feed back.....Meopta knows all !
Posted By: WiFowler Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/19/19
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
These are good to go. I'll be at SHOT and check them out, however, I have had long talks with Randy at Meopta about them

I'll be interested to hear your comments on the Meopta OPTIKA line. Specifically, as to how they compare to the Leupold VX-5HD, VX6-HD, and Swaro Z5s and Z6s (with the understanding of course, that the VX-5HD and Swaro Z5 are 5x vs 6x magnification range scopes.Swaro Z6i 2.5-15 has been on my radar for a while. The OPTKA might be a viable alternative.
Posted By: rlp10ml Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/19/19
I am a huge Meopta fan so I'm not taking anything away from these new scopes. Sounds to me these are pretty much a dolled up MeoPro... "NEW for 2019 is the Meopta Optika 6 series of riflescopes, bringing the MeoPro line to the next level by pairing the performance you have come to expect from Meopta with a 6x magnification range" That being said I am wondering if it is the same glass that is in the MeoPro as well. I am intrigued by the 3-18x50.
Originally Posted by rlp10ml
I am a huge Meopta fan so I'm not taking anything away from these new scopes. Sounds to me these are pretty much a dolled up MeoPro... "NEW for 2019 is the Meopta Optika 6 series of riflescopes, bringing the MeoPro line to the next level by pairing the performance you have come to expect from Meopta with a 6x magnification range" That being said I am wondering if it is the same glass that is in the MeoPro as well. I am intrigued by the 3-18x50.

These are basically 6x ratio, upgraded turret, Meopro optics for only $499.99 - $899.99. IMO, this is an amazing addition to Meoptas offerings and will take a large bite out of many of the other mfgs sales.
Originally Posted by cisco1

Meopta doesn't pay attention to feed back.....Meopta knows all !

On the contrary. All the changes in Meopta have coincided with the arrival of Randy Garrison their new head of sports optics who arrived right before SHOT show last year. He has done amazing things with Meopta this past year and they are a totally differently run version of what they were. Those old Meopta ways are gone. Randy has his eyes on the forums and he is paying attention
Posted By: rlp10ml Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/19/19
Thank you Doug... Are these new scopes going to be available anytime soon? Also, can you find out the weight of the 3-18x50 by any chance? it is not listed on the site.. Thank you..
Originally Posted by usull
Made in the CR ....... I hope that means Czech Republic ?

Yes, Czech Republic

This link takes you to the Meopta site where some (not all)weights are found. Some people appear to be unable to find this info which is odd. You have to dig a tiny little bit for it, but still.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Correct, all have drop downs, all don't show weight.

All have drop down menus which list all the specs Meopta cares to provide.

Better?
Sounds good.
Hunting scope/Shooting scope. Smart!
the only thing I think everyone can agree on is capped windage. leupold and zeiss already offer quite a few models like that. doug, please pass that feedback on to meopta
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/19/19
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the only thing I think everyone can agree on is capped windage. leupold and zeiss already offer quite a few models like that. doug, please pass that feedback on to meopta

Don't limit it to Meopta.....Please pass it on to every company that produces a hunting scope with dials.
Originally Posted by rlp10ml

They make 30mm Meopros??
Posted By: prm Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/19/19
Those knobs ruin it for me. Wonder if the bolt will hit that knurled knob without going to taller rings?
Originally Posted by prm
Those knobs ruin it for me. Wonder if the bolt will hit that knurled knob without going to taller rings?

Ocular is smaller then most , I guess it depends on what mounts you use
Posted By: 338rcm Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
Originally Posted by prm

this
Posted By: jwp475 Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by prm

this

I like the knobs for function.
Posted By: drano 25 Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
Of all the adjectives that come to mind when I looked at these, 'sleek' isn't one of them. Turrets are crazy tall.
Posted By: Wesley2 Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
I’m a huge Meopta fan but the appearance of these doesn’t excite me at all.
I think Meopta knows what they're doing. The fact that these scopes don't appeal to many of us means they will probably appeal to a different group of buyers. They didn't need to create another Meopro and went a logical direction to attract new buyers. I imagine we'll see some of these features on the next generation Meopro, but that it will remain geared towards hunters.
Doug I'll be a guinea pig for a 1-6 when you get one in.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Hmm, I thought the Meostar and Meopro's had capped windage and elevation. I am sure Meopta is all ears awaiting your feedback.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19

Doug,

I stand by my statement of Meopta does not pay attention to users.

I have had several " communications" with CS/ engineers/ marketing from Meopta ....they made it clear to me Meopta intended to carry on as they saw fit.

At first feed back was welcomed ....However, they soon made it clear...they know all, as they explained why Meopta was right.

I have no intentions to explain, however , several points brought up in this forum were mentioned.

All that being said, Meopta could be on to something.

Best,

Chuck

Doug,

I have had several " communications" with CS/ engineers/ marketing from Meopta ....they made it clear to me Meopta intended to carry on as they saw fit.

At first feed back was welcomed ....However, they soon made it clear...they know all, as they explained why Meopta was right.

I have no intentions to explain, however , several points brought up in this forum were mentioned.

Best,

Chuck

I’ve come to believe that those that complain the most buy fewer scopes than those that don’t. Most manufacturers know what sells better than a complaining customer.

Doug,

Best,

Chuck

I’ve come to believe that those that complain the most buy fewer scopes than those that don’t. Most manufacturers know what sells better than a complaining customer.

I’ve come to believe people buy whatever scope they want. It’s probably not a coincidence that newer scopes have these type of characteristics like Optika6 and “dialer” scopes . They know what they’re doing. They are appealing to the masses and not a few non dialing consumers. You can’t please everyone.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Doug,

Best,

Chuck

I’ve come to believe people buy whatever scope they want. It’s probably not a coincidence that newer scopes have these type of characteristics like Optika6 and “dialer” scopes . They know what they’re doing. They are appealing to the masses and not a few non dialing consumers. You can’t please everyone.

Exactly. That’s my point.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
The new OPTIKA HD binos look interesting

JWP

Sorry, you do not have the capacity to understand the difference between complaining and communicating ideas.

i have 7-10 scopes ( most new) now waiting to be mounted on rifles.

I communicated with Leupold 20 years ago or so about a few things, not complaining but ideas. I wanted to generate interest in different reticles . FFP was pretty much a European thing back then. Leupold was behind in reticle development.

The companies that sell the most, of anything, at least listen.

I have been a manufacturer since '78. Sometimes , I listen. But , not to nitwits.

What you have come to believe is BS you make up.

JWP

Sorry, you do not have the capacity to understand the difference between complaining and communicating ideas.

i have 7-10 scopes ( most new) now waiting to be mounted on rifles.

I communicated with Leupold 20 years ago or so about a few things, not complaining but ideas. I wanted to generate interest in different reticles . FFP was pretty much a European thing back then. Leupold was behind in reticle development.

The companies that sell the most, of anything, at least listen.

I have been a manufacturer since '78. Sometimes , I listen. But , not to nitwits.

What you have come to believe is BS you make up.

Call it what you want, but my point stands.

I’m sure they have experts making those decisions on what sells and aren’t going to go with someone on wants/opinion when making a business decision

Sorry if you can’t comprehend
The new OPTIKA HD binos look interesting

Binos -?

I'll need to take a look.

JWP,

You don't comprehend or understand....... marketing is the driver.

There is a difference between selling and serving your customer base.

I understand you buy what sells ....doesn't mean it is waht you want

The "experts" have you all figured out.

I'm done here....snow to be pushed.....don't have time to play with a fool.

Here is the link For the binos
I'm thinking, I'm not a fan of these binoculars.

JWP,

You don't comprehend or understand....... marketing is the driver.

There is a difference between selling and serving your customer base.

I understand you buy what sells ....doesn't mean it is waht you want

The "experts" have you all figured out.

I'm done here....snow to be pushed.....don't have time to play with a fool.

The manufacturer is in buissnes to sell product and is going to make what sells and if it sells he is indeed making what most of his customers want.

Posted By: kingston Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
Meopta’s website needs to show reticle details with sub tensions.
Posted By: kingston Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
Does the MeoTac 3-12x50 RD exist as a production item for sale in the USA?

Doug,

Best,

Chuck

Chuck,
With all due respect I believe that if you communicate with Randy, [email protected] who is head of Sports optics or with Erik, [email protected] wh is head of customer service you would feel differently

I am sure they will be excited to know I have shared their contact info here smile
Originally Posted by kingston
Does the MeoTac 3-12x50 RD exist as a production item for sale in the USA?

It is due around April/May.
Posted By: koshkin Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
Meopta is changing. Randy and Erik are making a difference.

ILya
Posted By: prm Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/20/19
I thought Erik Muller was a pleasure to deal with.

As for meeting needs, I'm sure they are working very hard to sell the types of scopes that will sell. While this one does not meet my desires that doesn't mean its not a smart design for them. Purely personal preference on my part.
Posted By: Buzzaw Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/21/19
jeez folks they will be unveiled tomorrow at SHOT range day, we will start hearing actual reports instead of haters attitudes........ yall must be saints fans

hoop there it is
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
jeez folks they will be unveiled tomorrow at SHOT range day, we will start hearing actual reports instead of haters attitudes........ yall must be saints fans

hoop there it is

Still won[t stop the dipchitts from commenting on a scope they never saw or held in person.
Posted By: prm Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/21/19
Well this dipshitt can look at a design and have an opinion about it. Never said it’s a bad scope, just not what I’m looking for.
Originally Posted by prm
Well this dipshitt can look at a design and have an opinion about it. Never said it’s a bad scope, just not what I’m looking for.

What differentiates this scope from a zillion other scopes with elevated turrets? Again no one has seen, touched this scope.
I still can’t see the weight of the 4.5-27. Tall turrets or not, I cgaf, however it it’s over 25oz they didn’t check all the boxes.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/21/19
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Buzzaw

hoop there it is

Still won[t stop the dipchitts from commenting on a scope they never saw or held in person.

So what else is new?

Meopta isn't exactly a rookie at this stuff. The vaunted and revered Carl Zeiss optical thought enough of Meopta to have them build their high end/expensive spotting scopes for several years, and obviously the Conquest rifle scopes. The reason we are seeing Meopta "come out of it's shell" the past few years is because the OEM contracts have expired and they're putting out high quality products with their own brand. Meopta is also making the new Leupold bino/rf unit for Leupold.
I have a MeOpta and am completely satisfied..Lot better than stinkin' Lupods…...They have been in business forever and are top of the line and so is their warranty..Unlike Lupods ,they have accurrate adjustments
Posted By: 338rcm Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/21/19
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

After reading a bit on the binos and seeing msrp, I assume they are made in China?
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

After reading a bit on the binos and seeing msrp, I assume they are made in China?

Nope, product of the Czech Republic
Posted By: 338rcm Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/21/19
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
[quote=Hammerdown]I'm thinking, I'm not a fan of these binoculars.

Nope, product of the Czech Republic
[/quote

Doug
Have you had a chance to check these out ?
I have not. I will have hands on tomorrow at SHOT
Posted By: Wesley2 Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/21/19
I don’t care for the aesthetics of the scopes but the binos have my attention.
Posted By: tomk Re: NEW Meopta: OPTIKA6 SCOPE - 01/21/19
fwiw...

Meopta binos should get more play--they deserve it, especially among more the "mature hunters." Vision changes with age and not for the better. The little bit of increased resolution from the absolutely top-shelf stuff may never be seen by many nearing retirement age or beyond it.

Of course, they may not have a designer logo...:)
© 24hourcampfire