Home
I just wanted to put a quick post up to let you know that I have spoken with Leupold a few times about this and they are working on a few options to address everyone’s questions and concerns via a direct line of communication to their factory employees. As more develops I will post updates. Obviously, this is not an overnight resolve so please be patient and stay tuned.

I want to thank all of you who constructively participated in the earlier thread.
Thanks for the update,Doug.
Thanks. I hope that as well as getting their product issues in hand, they also address the user experience issues with their website.

Okie John
👍
Thanks, Doug, for what you do.

DF
Thanks Doug!
Thanks Doug.
Thank you
Lets hope it helps.. Thanks Doug!
Thanks Doug!

I think this will be very interesting.

I also think Leupold should get their designated factory employee some Nomex. And maybe an emotional support dog too...
Thanks for the update Doug.
I bet they were “surprised” that there was a “problem”....
Thanks!!!
Your effort is appreciated, Mr. Paymer.
Awesomeness
Thanks Doug. It will be very interesting, and certainly telling, to learn of Leupold’s response in this regard.
Thank you. Their final reaction to this thread will determine my future purchases. I haven’t had a single problem with their scopes and I buy everything from the FX-2 up to the VX-6HD line. I hunt at extended ranges with the 6HDs and at times on expensive hunts. I will not gamble much longer. Show me a product I can trust and I will buy it. I don’t expect NF or SS durability in a lite package but weaver has had the tracking right for years.
Surprised this hasnt come off the rails yet.
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I want to thank all of you who constructively participated in the earlier thread.

It seems to me anyone with any information whether good or bad for Leupold has constructively participated, if Leupold has a mind to hear it. Or were we only allowed to post glowing reports of daisys and lollypops?
Originally Posted by Circles
Thanks Doug!

I think this will be very interesting.

I also think Leupold should get their designated factory employee some Nomex. And maybe an emotional support dog too...

😛

What you wanna bet they also had a meeting and issued a memo?

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Surprised this hasnt come off the rails yet.

Originally Posted by Fireball2

It seems to me anyone with any information whether good or bad for Leupold has constructively participated, if Leupold has a mind to hear it. Or were we only allowed to post glowing reports of daisys and lollypops?

It just did...
It seems rather odd that someone would get so emotionally upset over a rifle scope that the scope makers(with literally a vast majority of owners quite satisfied with the scopes) representative would need a nomex suit and support animal. Even more so as the scope maker will quickly repair or replace a defective scope that could be easily sold and replaced with something the that would work better for the shooter. Leupold scope still demand a premium on the used scope market.

Change the word Styx to Leupold.......
Like I said before.
If leupold fixes their broke dik schitt and professionals test em and say they are GTG. Then those of us who lost confidence in em might buy em again . Even if we are a small % of their market that moans about what they were and what they are now.
Leupold DGAF.....
And until they make better products that track and adjust per stated value, hold zero and RTZ.
They can sell all they want to whoever.
And the rest of us in this oh so "small population of wanting schitt that works" will buy some other brand.

I would trust no review of their scopes by anyone who is sponsored by them or authorized carte blanche dealers on their " special " list....
Reputable professionals who test optics for a living outside of leupold,s influence have spoken many times about testing their inferior products for YEARS... Not just us disgruntled azzholes who want a scope that works also..

GMAFB.......

Just gumdrops.
Originally Posted by erich
It seems rather odd that someone would get so emotionally upset over a rifle scope that the scope makers(with literally a vast majority of owners quite satisfied with the scopes) representative would need a nomex suit and support animal. Even more so as the scope maker will quickly repair or replace a defective scope that could be easily sold and replaced with something the that would work better for the shooter. Leupold scope still demand a premium on the used scope market.

Like it
Originally Posted by erich

That Customer Service won't come out in the field and correct that miss due to zero shift on an expensive hunt that you saved up for years to afford.
The only Leupolds I trust anymore are the older scopes that have been around here for decades.
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jap schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

Someone doesn't want a Leupold, none are forcing them to buy Leupold. But they have to tell you over and over and over, they are not buying a Leupold. With enough emphasis that it gets old and boring. Really most of us don't care what scope they buy. Some go about thinking they are saving others in strange ways.
Call Doug (forum sponsor) and buy some of his newest optics.easy .next
Thanks Doug.
Originally Posted by battue
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jab schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

Someone doesn't want a Leupold, none are forcing them to buy Leupold. But they have to tell you over and over and over, they are not buying a Leupold. With enough emphasis that it gets old and boring. Really most of us don't care what scope they buy. Some go about thinking they are saving others in strange ways.

I'm with you on the Toyota buying my friend.. They make some good tough trucks.. Or I should say made. The older ones are better than the new chit they have now.. Hmmm. Kind of like Leupold. grin
Agreed. To a couple, it makes them feel relevant, when in fact no one gives a dam what they think.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jab schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

I'm with you on the Toyota buying my friend.. They make some good tough trucks.. Or I should say made. The older ones are better than the new chit they have now.. Hmmm. Kind of like Leupold. grin

Previous Runner went 200,000 with only regular maintenance, 65,000 on this one. Oil, tires and brakes. Makes it hard to change horses. Kinda like my Leupold luck. About a hundred Deer, a Bear and two Mountain Goats. laugh
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Previous Runner went 200,000 with only regular maintenance, 65,000 on this one. Oil, tires and brakes. Makes it hard to change horses. Kinda like my Leupold luck. About a hundred Deer, a Bear and two Mountain Goats. laugh
You only like Leupold cuz you don't shoot much and can't shoot good enough to be able to tell if your scope is really staying zero'd or not. And those hundred deer don't count for nothin either cuz you probably shot them at such close range it just didn't matter that your zero wandered 3" since you checked it last week. Just ask the experts here and they'll tell you all about it.
I'll concede to the LR crowd their choice. Mainly because I have a Smith friend who competes and make competition rifles for others. He shoots Nightforce. When asked why he replied, because in my game fractions of an inch are important and Nightforce gives me fractions over Leupold. I have yet to fail to kill a big game animal by a fraction.
I'll concede to the LR crowd their choice. Mainly because I have a Smith friend who competes and make competition rifles for others. He shoots Nightforce. When asked why he replied, because in my game fractions of an inch are important and Nightforce gives me fractions over Leupold. I have yet to fail to kill a big game animal by a fraction.
Nope, my success doesn't depend on fractions either.
Most commonly folks satisfied are those who using Leupolds on rigs fired dozens of times a year. Less satisfaction when we're talking 100s and dissatisfaction greatly increases with thousands of rounds... There's problems, that is undeniable but if they're working for you rock on.

Leuyota?

Toypold??....

Does it steer straight?
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Most commonly folks satisfied are those who using Leupolds on rigs fired dozens of times a year. Less satisfaction when we're talking 100s and dissatisfaction greatly increases with thousands of rounds... There's problems, that is undeniable but if they're working for you rock on.

I've got one on a .223 that seems to be doing fine after about 2,500 rounds. Good enough to kill woodchucks consistently out to 250-275 yards anyway and that's generally as far as I get to shoot in the rolling farmland where I hunt them.
Thanks Doug. I said before that my biggest complaint is the stiffness of the power selector ring, especially on the VX-6’s.
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I bet they were “surprised” that there was a “problem”....

Lol. ^this^
As well as First time hearing about this
Originally Posted by Battue

Very well said.
Some here like to ramble on about problems, as they perceive them.

But Doug, in his business has seen/heard enough to understand that
there must be something to it.

He ask us, as a group, to tell him our complaints.

And I had 2.
Listed them, shut up.

They were in line with most of the others.

If something comes of his effort, Leopold and the consumers will
benefit.

What's wrong with that?
Well said. Most of us are on drama free stand-by waiting to see if Leupold will improve their product and thereby regain our trust and money.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Thanks Doug. I said before that my biggest complaint is the stiffness of the power selector ring, especially on the VX-6’s.

When I read this my mind saw fixed-6’s and thought that the power selector on a fixed 6 might be a bit stiff. 😂....it’s been a long day.
PS.....Nice job Doug with the follow up. The first thread on Leupold feedback took guts, this thread is just proof you enjoy grief. 😁. Many of us appreciate that you’ trying to better an iconic product that needs to get back to their “roots”. I wish you AND Leupold the best and I hope they can weed through the posts and identify areas that could use improvement. I shoot a lot and use Leupold on many of my rifles and I don’t see that changing too much in the future.
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jap schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

The difference is that the only reason anyone talks bad about Leupold here is that it's a talk forum where that specific question gets asked. I understand what you are saying and I would get tired of anybody constantly mouthing off about something I owned. I would however expect to hear their opinion ,even if I didn't like it ,if I asked them for it in a forum designed to talk about it.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

The difference is that the only reason anyone talks bad about Leupold here is that it's a talk forum where that specific question gets asked. I understand what you are saying and I would get tired of anybody constantly mouthing off about something I owned. I would however expect to hear their opinion ,even if I didn't like it ,if I asked them for it in a forum designed to talk about it.

"I hate Leupold, Leupold sucks, the Leupold kids are just in it for the money, Leupold was once a great company, I haven't bought a Leupold in x number of years." Some posters repeat the same over and over and every chance they get. When it turns into a whine, then it goes beyond rational conversational give and take. "Wha, wha, wha, Leupold." " Wha, wha, Leupold. etc, etc, etc."

I told the bud about the Ford post on the way to a shoot the other day. It was good for a laugh and some more back and forth jams. All in fun.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

"I hate Leupold, Leupold sucks, the Leupold kids are just in it for the money, Leupold was once a great company, I haven't bought a Leupold in x number of years." Some posters repeat the same over and over and every chance they get. When it turns into a whine, then it goes beyond rational conversational give and take.

I told the bud about the Ford post on the way to a shoot the other day. It was good for a laugh and some more back and forth jams. All in fun.

My last two Fords are now cat food cans and my 4Runner has 386,00 trouble free miles, and the new Tundra ain't doing bad! I have Leupolds for may years, Owned about 35, along with a few old and new Redfieds, and Weaver or two. I just bought a new Freedom and so far so good, never and trouble and most have traveled thousands of miles in the back of pickups, in saddle scabbards and on foot and on rather heavy recoiling 338. Got say I'll stick with then until they fail me.

I think you have a hard time finding a scope that is as light and compact as a Leupold. I have never understood guys buying a 5.5 Pound rifle and then putting a 2 Pound scope on it.
Just some things to be aware of when dealing with Leupold products.

Leupold tests their products on live animals.
Some materials used to make their scopes may cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. (Thank you, California!)
May be harmful if swallowed.
Contains small parts. Choking hazard.
NOT manufactured in a peanut free facility.
DO NOT drop.
Contains glass.
Lens caps should only be removed by qualified persons.
Calibrated at factory. DO NOT open.
No user serviceable parts inside.
Ear protection required.
Do not crush.
Well, there's really no fire in a FireDot nor diamonds in Diamond Coat, or Twilight's last gleaming... grin
© 24hourcampfire