Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Battue
Someone doesn't want a Leupold, none are forcing them to buy Leupold. But they have to tell you over and over and over, they are not buying a Leupold. With enough emphasis that it gets old and boring. Really most of us don't care what scope they buy. Some go about thinking they are saving others in strange ways.

Very well said.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some here like to ramble on about problems, as they perceive them.

But Doug, in his business has seen/heard enough to understand that
there must be something to it.

He ask us, as a group, to tell him our complaints.

And I had 2.
Listed them, shut up.

They were in line with most of the others.

If something comes of his effort, Leopold and the consumers will
benefit.

What's wrong with that?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Well said. Most of us are on drama free stand-by waiting to see if Leupold will improve their product and thereby regain our trust and money.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Thanks Doug. I said before that my biggest complaint is the stiffness of the power selector ring, especially on the VX-6’s.

When I read this my mind saw fixed-6’s and thought that the power selector on a fixed 6 might be a bit stiff. 😂....it’s been a long day.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
PS.....Nice job Doug with the follow up. The first thread on Leupold feedback took guts, this thread is just proof you enjoy grief. 😁. Many of us appreciate that you’ trying to better an iconic product that needs to get back to their “roots”. I wish you AND Leupold the best and I hope they can weed through the posts and identify areas that could use improvement. I shoot a lot and use Leupold on many of my rifles and I don’t see that changing too much in the future.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by battue
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jap schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

Someone doesn't want a Leupold, none are forcing them to buy Leupold. But they have to tell you over and over and over, they are not buying a Leupold. With enough emphasis that it gets old and boring. Really most of us don't care what scope they buy. Some go about thinking they are saving others in strange ways.

The difference is that the only reason anyone talks bad about Leupold here is that it's a talk forum where that specific question gets asked. I understand what you are saying and I would get tired of anybody constantly mouthing off about something I owned. I would however expect to hear their opinion ,even if I didn't like it ,if I asked them for it in a forum designed to talk about it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Have a good Bud who is a die hard Ford buyer and about every time I pull up in a Toyota 4Runner he starts off on that "Jap schitt." Over and over. Ok don't buy a Toyota, OK with us. But no, it is not OK with him and he is willing to forget his one Ford ecoboost blew up. He has to tell you he isn't buying any Jap schitt. Just has to.

The difference is that the only reason anyone talks bad about Leupold here is that it's a talk forum where that specific question gets asked. I understand what you are saying and I would get tired of anybody constantly mouthing off about something I owned. I would however expect to hear their opinion ,even if I didn't like it ,if I asked them for it in a forum designed to talk about it.

"I hate Leupold, Leupold sucks, the Leupold kids are just in it for the money, Leupold was once a great company, I haven't bought a Leupold in x number of years." Some posters repeat the same over and over and every chance they get. When it turns into a whine, then it goes beyond rational conversational give and take. "Wha, wha, wha, Leupold." " Wha, wha, Leupold. etc, etc, etc."

I told the bud about the Ford post on the way to a shoot the other day. It was good for a laugh and some more back and forth jams. All in fun.

Last edited by battue; 06/25/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

"I hate Leupold, Leupold sucks, the Leupold kids are just in it for the money, Leupold was once a great company, I haven't bought a Leupold in x number of years." Some posters repeat the same over and over and every chance they get. When it turns into a whine, then it goes beyond rational conversational give and take.

I told the bud about the Ford post on the way to a shoot the other day. It was good for a laugh and some more back and forth jams. All in fun.

My last two Fords are now cat food cans and my 4Runner has 386,00 trouble free miles, and the new Tundra ain't doing bad! I have Leupolds for may years, Owned about 35, along with a few old and new Redfieds, and Weaver or two. I just bought a new Freedom and so far so good, never and trouble and most have traveled thousands of miles in the back of pickups, in saddle scabbards and on foot and on rather heavy recoiling 338. Got say I'll stick with then until they fail me.

I think you have a hard time finding a scope that is as light and compact as a Leupold. I have never understood guys buying a 5.5 Pound rifle and then putting a 2 Pound scope on it.

Last edited by Switch; 06/25/19.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just some things to be aware of when dealing with Leupold products.

Leupold tests their products on live animals.
Some materials used to make their scopes may cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. (Thank you, California!)
May be harmful if swallowed.
Contains small parts. Choking hazard.
NOT manufactured in a peanut free facility.
DO NOT drop.
Contains glass.
Lens caps should only be removed by qualified persons.
Calibrated at factory. DO NOT open.
No user serviceable parts inside.
Ear protection required.
Do not crush.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well, there's really no fire in a FireDot nor diamonds in Diamond Coat, or Twilight's last gleaming... grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 41 invisible), 1,411 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,984
Posts18,520,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.