Home
Posted By: dukxdog Binocular Advise - 09/15/19
I'm going on a hunt where native guides may not have optics. I guess they always ask to use the hunters binos when game is spotted. What are decent 10x binoculars for price points of $300 and $200 I could give them for tips so they don't want to keep borrowing my glasses?
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: Binocular Advise - 09/15/19
I like Nikon optics, they have been around for over 100 years now, I do have experience with most of their model lines, and I would recommend the
Monarch 5, Monarch 3, and the Prostaff 7 lines, in this price range. They are all quality made, offer bright views and will do the job well.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
Vortex Diamondbacks - they'll fix them or replace them forever no questions asked. They'll never have to borrow or try to buy another pair
Posted By: bt8897 Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
The new Meopta Optika HD might be a contender, looking for real world reviews
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
+1 for Vortex
Athlon Midas 10x42 has had some pretty good reviews here. Thus far, Athlon has gotten nearly universal praise for how they're handling any warranty issues.

FC
Posted By: dragonfly Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
Another vote for Vortex Diamond back. Clear glass...unconditional warranty.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
There's always something better than Vortex for the same or less money. The Athlon Midas is a prime example......Viper HD quality at Diamondback prices.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by bt8897

In the under $400.00 price range these new Optika Binoculars are the way to go
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Doug, Do you have the Optika 10x42's in stock?? Also, any special deals coming on those smile
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

Doug, Do you have the Optika 10x42's in stock?? Also, any special deals coming on those smile

Yes sir, in stock. Give a call, 516-217-1000, let's talk about yours smile
Posted By: yobuck Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by dukxdog
I'm going on a hunt where native guides may not have optics. I guess they always ask to use the hunters binos when game is spotted. What are decent 10x binoculars for price points of $300 and $200 I could give them for tips so they don't want to keep borrowing my glasses?

I’d be looking on Ebay for a decent reasonable set.
Realize that they might well be turned into cash as soon as you leave, which might explain why they don’t have them.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

Yes sir, in stock. Give a call, 516-217-1000, let's talk about yours smile

Dialing the phone now:) Just got off the phone with Neil - thanks for the great deal!!
Posted By: Rendo Re: Binocular Advise - 09/16/19
I second the Meopta Optika line. The new line of budget minded HD glass optics are pretty awesome. Something to look at.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Binocular Advise - 09/17/19

These are a great bino under $300!
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Binocular Advise - 09/17/19
So, who takes advice from a binocular?

Advice is a noun
Advise is a verb
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Binocular Advise - 09/17/19
Originally Posted by dukxdog

dukxdog, I have a mint, like new pair of Hawke Frontier EDX 10x42's that are outstanding, and come with a lifetime transferrable warranty, and a USA service center. They punch waaaay above their $450 price point. I'd let them go for $275 shipped TYD if you're interested.

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/frontier-ed-x-10x42-binocular-green.html
Posted By: tkinak Re: Binocular Advise - 09/17/19
I was about to post a link to the above ad. I have a pair of Ed-x's and they are pretty sweet. Not so expensive I get nervous about traveling with them and the are very good glass!!! And a great deal! Sold my Leica's and kept these.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Binocular Advise - 09/17/19
I'd put these Hawke's easily above the Nikon M7, BX4 Mojave, and Viper HD, and on par with the Toric UHD, Razor HD, Conquest HD, and Meopro HD. In fact, the conquest HD eyecups fit these Hawke's. Very nice, smooth, and sharp.
Posted By: MegaVinn Re: Binocular Advise - 09/17/19
I have the Hawke ED X 8X32. They are superb. I also thought they were better than the terra ED's and minox BL that I had at the time.
Regarding their customer service, I emailed with an inquiry about one of their scope models and they were extremely prompt in the returning the message and called me as well.
© 24hourcampfire