Home
Posted By: RAS Need Recommendation for Bino Case - 01/09/20
Hello all:

I have a set of Leica 10x42 Geovids. I am looking for a harness case that keeps the snow, rain and anything else that gets on them when afield. It needs to be handy by quick access to the binoculars as well as ease to put them back. I don’t like bino straps that just hang around your neck. I like the harness system. The rubber covers that come with the binoculars are too much trouble to use so they stay at the truck. If anyone has a recommendation based on experience, especially with a bino of this size, I would appreciate it.

Thank you
RAS
I started with a Kuiu harness and made a full circle back to the newer model this year. Went through AGC, FHF, Sitka, and Badlands. Simpler design, smaller overall size won out for me.
I don’t need a duffel bag on my chest...

The newer model Kuiu harness does a better job of covering the eyepieces and the straps have a better design than the old models.
I have the Marsupial Gear bino pouch. It has the magnet on the pouch cover that folds to the front and states out of the way. It might not be so good if you use a compass though.
Originally Posted by joshf303
I started with a Kuiu harness and made a full circle back to the newer model this year. Went through AGC, FHF, Sitka, and Badlands. Simpler design, smaller overall size won out for me.

The newer model Kuiu harness does a better job of covering the eyepieces and the straps have a better design than the old models.

^^^ +1
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by joshf303

^^^ +1

+2...
I use the AGC bino pack. Holds my bins and RF secure along with keeping the weather off of them. I’m sure they’re many others but those have worked well for me.
I gave my Kuiu away two weeks ago and went Marsupial. I much prefer it to the Kuiu. Spent 6 hours in it today- floundering in the snow.
Originally Posted by beretzs
I use the AGC bino pack. Holds my bins and RF secure along with keeping the weather off of them. I’m sure they’re many others but those have worked well for me.

+1.

In addition to my binos and RF, it’ll carry 6-8 rounds of ammunition silently and a couple small elk calls.
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas

+1.

In addition to my binos and RF, it’ll carry 6-8 rounds of ammunition silently and a couple small elk calls.

Yes! That as well! Thanks Joel!

+1.

+2 AGC
+3 on the AGC, if you like having them hang down around your dick. High and tight, Marsupial.....
Originally Posted by Beaver10

+1.

+2 AGC

Another vote for Alaska Guide Creations.
Make sure you get a model with the M.A.X. basement pocket.
Kodiak Cub M.A.X. fits most 10x42 binos
or belly-button in your case.....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
+3 on the AGC, if you like having them hang down around your dick. High and tight, Marsupial.....

For those who prefer to roll an exposed midriff, add the locking buckle kit. It’s a game changer.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/products/auto-locking-buckle-upgrade-kit
Another fan of the Marsupial, it's done a good job of protecting my geovids the last 3 years and is a nice trim package.
Originally Posted by kingston

For those who prefer to roll an exposed midriff, add the locking buckle kit. It’s a game changer.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by kingston

Thanks!

The new ones all come with the upgraded buckles.
That’s good news!
I liked my fhf gear pack but went to AGC it protects my Swaro 10x42SLC’s and I can carry Leca rangefinder, tags, compact knife & extra ammo. I can drop my backpack, sprint (for an old guy) over the ridge & be legal and prepared to kill an elk before they leave the vicinity. It is a duffle bag o my chest but compact & complete.
hoooo, boy..... duffle bags. I thought they was more like a re-purposed shaving kit?
I had a couple of younger guys hunting the same area leave me in the dust running after a herd of elk partly because they were able to leave their back packs behind while I struggled along like a turtle. By having tags, knife, rangefinder & ammo all I need is the Bino case & a water bottle for 1/2 a day. This year left the pack took a stroll a little less than a mile along a ridge and spotted the group we took 2 cows out of in the evening.i might have stopped short hauling the backpack.
© 24hourcampfire