Home
Leupold in the eyewear business.

Link to Leupo sunglasses
Fixed or variable?
Will they track correctly?
Will they track dependably or should I wait until NF brings out a set?
Leupold sunglasses will track, like they have eyes.
And I would bet that they are parallax free !
Disposable?
If they have too, I suppose they are in a better place to do it than MagPul or under Armor - sunglasses from a magazine or underwear company, sheesh.

Think I'll stick with my Ray Bans.
At last, Leupold finds it's market niche.
Why not? The profit factor of sunglasses has to be very high, no issues with returns for repair and there are lots of folks out there who will buy them because the have Leupold emblazed on them.

drover
Really sad to say looks likes I bought my last Leopold scope WTF?
Originally Posted by drover
Why not? The profit factor of sunglasses has to be very high, no issues with returns for repair and there are lots of folks out there who will buy them because the have Leupold emblazed on them.

drover

Action Optics warrant their sun glasses against defects for lifetime and breakage during normal wear is covered. They replaced a pair for me I had been using hard for 12 years when the frame broke. They sell at the same price level to a little higher than leupold is showing as their retail pricing.

Now if Leupold matches that type of warranty then they will have to hire a lot of people to cover warranty claims unless their build a better product than I think they will.
Build, yeah right
I bet that they are made in China
At least they have "Relentless Performance". I wouldn't own a pair of friggin' sunglasses that didn't.
Magpul already did it so I guess it was a matter of time....the Harley Davidson business model. Use your reputation to market an obscene number of logo gear items. Beer koozy's, sun glasses, key chain bottle openers, tumblers, rotomolded coolers....
No shame in the retail world.
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Link to Leupo sunglasses

Repleat with overly large Leupold logo... embarrassing.
Seems like a natural area to grow into for what's primarily a sports optics company. I'd think they'd have the expertise to put out a pretty good product.

eiss makes eyewear too.
"Relentless Performance" is that a joke?
Originally Posted by stevevan1

Ask her, she tried a pair.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Maybe Leupo is going after military sales? Tactical sunglasses. Just another revenue stream from the government.

Perhaps diversifying isn't a bad strategy for them. They lost the SVPS scope contract that went to SIG. Former Leupold employees are in charge at SIG now. I wouldn't be surprised if the contracts followed those guys, for good or bad.
Anyone try the Leupo sunglasses?

I admit that I wish they would focus their efforts on rugged scopes, but I also realize that they are trying to be a sports optic/outdoor company and not just a specialized scope company like Nightforce.
Close down the custom shop and start adding product lines completely unrelated to the existing products. Seems like a good business decision.
What’s the warranty like?
Originally Posted by Brad

Link to Leupo sunglasses

Repleat with overly large Leupold logo... embarrassing.

You couldn’t give me a pair of those
Que the triggering.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Think I'll stick with my Ray Bans.

Look into the parent company, Luxottica, they can kiss my ass, I don't mind them buying up companies, but the way they went about it was criminal.

Hostile Takeover Of Oakley and Ray-Ban

Luxottica brands
Proly need a flat brim ball cap to go with...............
I liked my Oakleys.
Had em for years, and then lost em.
Got Magpul for replacement. They're OK (think Oakleys were better).
Gotta wear something in the dove fields.
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

Had a girl friend that looked like that after about 6 tequila shots. Then she just wanted to fight. The trick was to get her to stop at 5. grin grin grin
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Magpul already did it so I guess it was a matter of time....the Harley Davidson business model. Use your reputation to market an obscene number of logo gear items. Beer koozy's, sun glasses, key chain bottle openers, tumblers, rotomolded coolers....

HD rubbers............Hog Skins..........
I get Magpul doing it.
They do a ton of plastic stuff.
Shooting/safety glasses doesn't seem to be a stretch.

Of course you could pull out some old Bushnell aviator style and play Doug from the Limu Emu commercials.
Hot damn!

Something else to hate Leupold for!

If we could only tie in Remington somehow!
Doesn't Remington license out their name on safety glasses, seems like I saw them some where.

Hell, the king of licensing is Browning, I see that crap everywhere.
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

OMG I almost pissed myself. HILARIOUS
Anyone try the Leupo sunglasses?

I admit that I wish they would focus their efforts on rugged scopes, but I also realize that they are trying to be a sports optic/outdoor company and not just a specialized scope company like Nightforce.

Maybe they can put all that money they make on sunglasses towards making a good rifle scope...
© 24hourcampfire