Home
Posted By: ingwe Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Does anybody have ANY idea how to contact them?

They won't answer their phone, they say go to live chat button on their website. There is no live chat button...

Go to the " Email us" page...there is no email address.

Ordered some rings and they sent me a tracking number that doesn't work. USPS tracking site is impossible...

Ideas?
Posted By: GeoW Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Call - 859-368-0371
Toll Free Fax - 800-804-5569

Maybe?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Noooo...thats the phone they won't answer.....

Tried 4 times, and got the same machine every time.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Had an experience with Bud's about 2 weeks ago. I was able to get thru on a chat session, but in all fairness, it was a waste of time. Other than typing vs talking I felt like I was dealing with some yahoo in an off-shore call center.

Best of luck.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Originally Posted by ingwe

They won't answer their phone, they say go to live chat button on their website. There is no live chat button...

Ordered some rings and they sent me a tracking number that doesn't work. USPS tracking site is impossible...

Ideas?

you are having the same problem I had when buying a cover for my motorcycle.. the co is most likely closed and cannot ship items.. they have what you want. but for some reason UPS will not pick it up. it took me 20 days to get a cover from NY to PA about 250 miles.. when they finally picked it up it was only 2 days in shipping... it was assigned three tracking Numbers before UPS finally picker it up... the co is advertised as a family owned business,, but I found out it is a family owned shipping business that shipped items made in china..they do not make the items they ship. I feel I was duped into believing they made motorcycle covers here in USA.. their advertisement dosent say that, but it appears that is what they are saying.. they are all thieves screwing the American people.. maby that is your problem also..
Posted By: pullit Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
They have a store in Sevierville, Tennessee
676-gunshop is the phone number google turned up
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
They make it impossible to contact them. I ordered some ammo from them a few weeks back. They shipped it to an alternate address I had on file, I have no idea why. I could not change the address or shipping through FedEx since it was ammo. I tried the chat, but go only info that was of no use. They are not working very hard to keep my business I can tell you that.
Posted By: Joezone Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Sometimes those tracking numbers don't work for a day or two. I just went through that with a USPS tracking number for an order, initially I thought they'd given me a bad number but in a day or so it could be tracked.
Posted By: arky65 Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
COVID unintended consequence.

Having the tracking# issue now with Natchez.

Bud's before COVID never a problem with email, phone has always been iffy with Buds.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Had an experience with Bud's about 2 weeks ago. I was able to get thru on a chat session, but in all fairness, it was a waste of time. Other than typing vs talking I felt like I was dealing with some yahoo in an off-shore call center.

Best of luck.

Yeah, we just got a chat using a different computer and a different search engine, but I might as well have pissed into the wind.

That said, product arrived today. Have done business with Buds before without a hitch, and he often has the best price.

But this total lack of customer service will keep me away in the future.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Terrible service is my experience
Posted By: lotech Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
It took a little while, maybe a couple of weeks, but Bud's was very eager to contact me and get a matter resolved after I sent a complaint (by real mail) to the Better Business Bureau in their area. Many large businesses today don't want to be bothered with customer complaints and they make it incredibly difficult for a customer to contact to them. BBB or a state's attorney general's office will almost always get the attention of arrogant businesses. However, it didn't work with Gunbroker. They defy everyone.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Well, uh, ya think they are running a skeleton crew like every other business in the US?

Not taking up for them as they've sometimes been accused of not answering the phone. But just thinking that every company out there is not running a 100% right now.
Posted By: MadTrapper375 Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/05/20
Bud's Sux. I will never buy another thing from them.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/06/20
Busy times. Kick back and wait. Good Luck. I have had no trouble with them on basic firearm layaway transactions.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/06/20
....I felt like I was dealing with some yahoo in an off-shore call center.

Did he sound like he was from the 7-11?
Posted By: CFVA Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/06/20
Originally Posted by smokepole
....I felt like I was dealing with some yahoo in an off-shore call center.

Did he sound like he was from the 7-11?

Or Dell customer support? Did you hear any goats in the background?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/06/20
They have 7-11's in VA now??
Posted By: old_willys Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20

Ideas?

I have had good luck with Buds in the past but that was PRE Covid, do not know but I bet they are running with reduced staff
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20

Best of luck.

Yeah, we just got a chat using a different computer and a different search engine, but I might as well have pissed into the wind.

That said, product arrived today. Have done business with Buds before without a hitch, and he often has the best price.

Went to the store back in the spring. Wasn't impressed. Won't go back..
Posted By: RickBin Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20
Here's the best way:

WHITTAKER GUNS

And here's a super secret bat phone method:

PM DARRIK (shortactionsmoker)

Hello ...
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20
Bought several firearms over the years before the Corona stuff. No issues. I will say Brownells's get a special mention, ordered some 22LR match ammo during the VERY SHORT window they could ship to CA. Arrived exactly when they said it would.
Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20
Buds advertised a rifle on sale for an amazing price. When I received the rifle, it was the wrong model. When I called, they said I got the model that was on sale. I emailed them a copy of their sale add. They refused to honor the price and only gave a refund that I had to wait 10 days for.

Oh...and they sent a $10 coupon to use on my next purchase. A $10 coupon!? [bleep] You! I'm done with Buds.
Posted By: mathman Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20
A local store that happily acts as a receiving FFL says they won't receive from Bud's.
Posted By: EdM Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20
I have never understood the urgency of my orders... There is always something to grab.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20
Originally Posted by RickBin
Here's the best way:

WHITTAKER GUNS

And here's a super secret bat phone method:

PM DARRIK (shortactionsmoker)

Hello ...

Bingo
Posted By: CFVA Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/07/20
Originally Posted by smokepole
They have 7-11's in VA now??

There's been one in Waynesboro ever since I've been alive, complete with red dot.
Posted By: Switch Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/08/20
Sorry to hear about these problems, been a few years but I bought several shotguns and rifles though them with great service, fast shipping, and great inventory. Times have changed I guess! Maybe it's that I like Leupold scopes and have more than one .270, Stupid and gay!
Posted By: cleanbarrel Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/08/20
This video was sent to me a few weeks back. Its sounds like they are working with a greatly reduced staff
due to this virus deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrPorrFLraI&feature=youtu.be&trk_msg=DBEKQVN2D5DKV2I7P2QG7FA3QS&trk_contact=QGHSC05BR4RAS2TNV3O01B6NJO&trk_sid=SOC4TB2QO21EIBJ7RMJU415DCK&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FVrPorrFLraI&utm_campaign=BGSWHT032620
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/08/20
The Plague has everything futzed up.

That said, my LGS doesn't accept shipments from Bud's due to past problems that had them wedged in the middle. Like many online outfits, they may not actually have what they're selling and you have to wait until they get it and re-ship it to you. They do have good prices, and sometimes stuff that's hard to come by, but I haven't bought anything from them in a long, long time.

Besides Darrik, I've had good experiences with Oakland Guns in AR, Sportsmans Guide, and Reeds, a big GB dealer that posts actual pics, not stock photos. Right now, I'm enjoying the Hell out of the Howa 6.5 Grendel I stole from Darrik. $359 with two stocks? I'm almost ashamed of myself (almost).

Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/08/20

Best of luck.

Part of the problem is, Bud sold the business some years back. He was a heck of a good guy to deal with.
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by Joezone
Sometimes those tracking numbers don't work for a day or two. I just went through that with a USPS tracking number for an order, initially I thought they'd given me a bad number but in a day or so it could be tracked.

I found this to be the case recently. Seller here gave me tracking, it didnt work. Guy has been around and seems to have a good rep, so I just sat for a couple more days. Now it works. Go figure .

Buds is low cost high inventory no frills.
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
Bud's Sux. I will never buy another thing from them.

Aside from no frills customer service, what is bad about Buds?

Huge inventory, fast shipping, excellent prices, american company.

I dont go to a discount/budget priced operation expecting top line customer service.
If I need hand holding I can ask my wife.

The OP's product arrived.
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Buds advertised a rifle on sale for an amazing price. When I received the rifle, it was the wrong model. When I called, they said I got the model that was on sale. I emailed them a copy of their sale add. They refused to honor the price and only gave a refund that I had to wait 10 days for.

Oh...and they sent a $10 coupon to use on my next purchase. A $10 coupon!? [bleep] You! I'm done with Buds.

OK, now that sucks.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/08/20
I saw them answer the phone one day. I started laughing. The clerk wanted to know what was funny. I told him I read on the internet that Buds doesn't answer their phone. And that now I must tell the internet that they do, well, once anyway.

He was not amused. He grumbled something like there was 20 people upstairs to do that, he didn't know why they won't pick up.

Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Like many online outfits, they may not actually have what they're selling and you have to wait until they get it and re-ship it to you.

Quite a bit of what they list as "in stock" never has, and never will cross their threshold. It is dropshipped from one of their wholesale distibutors.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/09/20
I guess I won't bother with Buds Guns. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: DrGnarr Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/09/20
All this stress over a tracking number that’s not working? Don’t worry about it, your chit will show up some time and if it doesn’t in an appropriate time frame, then try to get a hold of them.

In my experience their email contact / response has been fast and helpful
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/10/20
I have ordered-and received through a dealer friend-two handguns from Bud's recently. The service and shipping have been perfect, but it is virtually impossible to track the shipment.
Posted By: scratcherky Re: Buds Gun Shop - 05/10/20
I have had many deals with Bud"s over the years and all have been outstanding. To me this looks like bashing thread that serves no good purpose.
Posted By: Flinglead Re: Buds Gun Shop - 06/06/20
Just like has been said previously...they don't always have in stock what is on their website. Luckily for me, I can just stop in at the one in Sevierville anytime I'm up in the mountains. Their on-line prices are sometimes better than their in-store prices too.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Buds Gun Shop - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by scratcherky
I have had many deals with Bud"s over the years and all have been outstanding. To me this looks like bashing thread that serves no good purpose.

It's always good to hear of other members experiences both good and bad.
© 24hourcampfire