Home
Going out west to hunt Colorado for 2nd season last week of October.
Travel home just before election day.
Generally travel I-70 through Denver, Kansas City and St Louis.
Has Denver or KC had protesters block the road this year?
Lot of scuttlebutt about protest increase closer to election.
Is it legitimate to be concerned about protesters blocking road?

When necessary, dial: 1-A10-WARTHOG .
Be off roads by 4pm and you shouldn't have a problem. Hit an early happy hour, dinner and rack time, then back up at 4am.
Just drove to Arizona and back from NE Illinois and had similar concerns. Thankfully, didn't encounter or see any protests. Had a smooth trip. But closer to the elections could be different!
If your worried about travel thru bigger cities they usually have outer belts that travel around the downtowns. They aren't usually that much further and in some cases may take less time to use if traffic is heavy going straight thru cities.
Originally Posted by fremont
Be off roads by 4pm and you shouldn't have a problem. Hit an early happy hour, dinner and rack time, then back up at 4am.

I have a fair amount of experience in Seattle and Portland. This would work well if you were moving through either of them and probably any others as well. I'd also make any overnight stay in a small town 50-100 miles away from the edges a big city. Also, even without riots, I'd make it a point to not be in any of the major cities during rush hour, morning or evening.

Okie John
I would be more concerned about potential Covid-19 exposure, bring a mask and lots of hand sanitizer. I saw one biker dude spray the gas pump handle down with carb cleaner, that will work just don't smoke while you do it.
I travel frequently out of state to hunt. I hate big cities on the best of days, and it isn't much trouble at all to avoid them...sometimes even saves some time... Sooo I say skirt around the big metro areas, keep a weapon and a couple spare mags in arms reach, and go have fun!
Originally Posted by ingwe
I travel frequently out of state to hunt. I hate big cities on the best of days, and it isn't much trouble at all to avoid them...sometimes even saves some time... Sooo I say skirt around the big metro areas, keep a weapon and a couple spare mags in arms reach, and go have fun!

Skirt them @ at minimum. Outright avoidance is even better. Just about any travel/mapping software will allow you to plan a proper route ahead of time.
© 24hourcampfire