Home
Posted By: Waders SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/25/01
<B>WELCOME!!!</B> If your Shooters handle is different than your new handle, don't forget to fill us in.
Posted By: Waders Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/25/01
Just trying out some of the new features: This should add a pic of me and my two best trophies! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image] <P>
waders: Are there moderators on these forums. After H.A. I vote NO moderators. Ot is it too late? We can like seize control of the whole fricking board dude. (LMAO)<P>ITS EMPTY!! AND NOW ITS OURS.<P>I promise, to on this site, use my powers only for good! And never EVIL!!!!<P>Yeah right!!! Don't bet on it. (grin)<P>Email pat and tell him to get his sorry butt here!<P>Tex
OK, now we are rolling! Tex, you're right--E4E will have plenty of room to run now! You still have your email list? You could fire off a quick note as to our new address!
Posted By: Youper Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/25/01
I hope this board works better than the last.
Posted By: E4E Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Test,test,test, this is only a flippin' test.<BR>Were it a real post it wouldn't be this ridiculous.This is only a friggin' test.<BR>The dog drove the truck underwater to save the fish.The chair is against the wall.Foghorn raped Daffy in prison,and Bugs is jealous.This is only a test.
Posted By: Okanagan Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Checking in but but not sure where I'll land. Just when my son and I got a cougar to brag about the hunters.talk board went down. I liked the posters and atmosphere better there than other places I've checked out. Also liked how little info hunters.talk required of me. Every other board I've logged on to has sent me junk e-mails. We'll see how this goes.
Posted By: Waders Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
OK, Now get out on the board and start some <B>discussion!!!</B> Maybe there isn't much to discuss, afterall the best caliber in the world is .30-06, blacktail deer are the best deer to hunt, Federal ammo is the best, Leupold makes the best scopes, Leica makes the best binoculars, and Zippo lighters are better than matches if you get stuck in the bush. Any comments?!
O.K. so I'm here.<BR>I'm still pissed at the hunters board though.<BR>I tried just about everything to modify the stupid appearence and then to get rid of the "From shooters" stupidity.I don't know why that bothers me so...Is there a shrink in the house????<BR>Anyhoo,I stopped in to say hello to Saeed,and went over to hunt america where I am always worried about what I post.<BR>It seems decent over here....and empty!<BR>Let's get the rest of the gang in line and have at it!<BR>Later!Pat<P>------------------<BR>
Waders!<BR>Hey for a slippery lawyer you ain't half bad!<BR>Two good lookin trophy's as well!Congrats!<BR>Did the fishin' stuff get there OK?<BR>Anyhoo Blacktails aren't worth the effort.<BR>Get your butt up here next year and shoot a deer that is worth gnawing on.Hell you can put 2 blacktails in the nut sack of one of our Northern sub species. [Linked Image]!<BR>Just bring your .378WBY or you will just tick 'em off.<BR>Gotta second the vote on the Leupolds though.<BR>Grins!<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>
E4E - Yes the fishing stuff arrived! Excellent deal! Thanks! One small gripe though--it doesn't seem to catch any fish though. I mean, it can't be me, so it has to be your crummy gear! As for that blacktail comment, of course they are a little smaller. They are lean and mean, not like those Michigan specimans that you shoot next to the feeder! Blacktails are the toughest deer to hunt. That is mostly due to the terrain and weather in which you find them. Sorry the truth has to hurt so bad, but it was time that you found out Pat!!
Posted By: Bill in NE Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Gentlemen, I too am disgusted with the old board. I know that I don't post much, but am a frequent lurker and consider you all as friends. If you do make the move here for good, or to someplace else, would you please keep me informed. I would hate to be left out completely. Thanks, Bill in NE<BR>[email protected]
Posted By: deadeye Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Hello guys, like Bill in NE I don't post a lot either but I'm always lurking around but the shooters site is going from bad to worse. Some punk that THINKS he or she nows what they're doing must be in charge there.....deadeye<p>[This message has been edited by deadeye (edited January 27, 2001).]
Posted By: Spike Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
TEST, TEST Can you see me? [Linked Image]<P><BR>Okay this is about the fourth board I've signed up on today. What's the deal, I feel like a lost puppy. Where are we calling 'Home'?<P>...and my best Trophy.<P> [Linked Image]
I found this place. I too, got sick of the silly format at shooters. Hope I am welcome here. prairie dog shooter.
Posted By: Sheister Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Spike,<P> How in the world did she get stuck with you? LOL<BR>Of course, my wife says the same thing to me all the time. LOL<BR>Well, I'm trying this one for awhile too, since Shooter's has gone to hell in a handbasket lately. I like the features and the laid back style of the place. Also isn't to busy to be able to post. Hope a few of the other fella's find their way over. Take care, and keep in mind- Varmints and fishing- Sheister
Hey Spike and Prairie Dog Shooter! Now go forth and post topics!! Hey Spike, you must be a millionaire (I can't think of another reason she would hang around a guy with your mug!!!) Just funnin' ya!!
Posted By: BW Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Checking in as directed!<P>We'll see how it works...<P>Actually, I like this software! I like the "slowness" of this place too.<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A> <BR>
Sheister and Spike - check out my post in the fishing section!!
and I thought I was on a hunting forum...but nooooo...I find the comedy board. hee hee [Linked Image]<P>Waders great looking family. How old is your youngest? I have a 5 month old son (first child) and haven't slept since his birth. Please tell me it gets better.<P>Okay, on to hunting topics...<P>Our Blactails can kick a Whitetails ass any day. Whitetails are nothing but overgrown crickets. naaa naaa neee naaa naa.<P>Seriously, what do you guys think is the most difficult animal to pursue? For me it would honestly be Blacktails. I've put in more time and effort of all the game combined to tag a decent one. They are almost exclusively nocturnal and therefore difficult to kill.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Well there are few LIKE us,and FEW like us! Never was afraid to pull the pin and homestead a new location. Looks like we have squatters rights!.......
Posted By: blammer Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
ok we rock. Spike, what neck o the woods did you drag her out of? Care to tell me...wait a min...darn gold ring on finger, guess I'm outta the race... I say we hang here for a bit. What bout the others? those in blackpowder,varmint,big game. etc...does Big Stick, vman, and others know bout the change? OOOOOOOOOO! SPELL CHECK! BICHIN! how doo u use it?
Waders!,<BR>Hey!Those double loons have ripped the lips off of a truck load of Trout for me!<BR>Glad to hear they got there in fine fashion for ya.<BR>BTW.Our Witetails don't get big being stupid<BR>and the terrain they are hunted in usually only allows 10-30 yds of visibility.<BR>I suppose the feeder comment I had coming,but those critters get weaned off in the spring when they have natural chow to chew on......like my clover patch!<BR>Lets see your scrawny Blacktails survive a Michigan winter or two in thigh deep snow and we will talk.My deer can kick your deers butt!(Grin!)<BR>Also if ya get tired of little trout being so fussy stop in and Lake Michigan is full of Trout that consider rainbows as a snack,and aren't above hitting a bass plug or crawlers.<BR>Did ya get the fly rod yet????<BR>ol' Tex is a fly fishing weenie and can steer ya in all the right directions if ya need.Thanks for the invite over here!<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E<BR><P>------------------<BR>
Pat, here's a picture of a decent Blacktail. Okay, okay...your 'whities' are bigger, that's only from you feeding 'em all that chow and clover. [Linked Image]<P> [Linked Image] <p>[This message has been edited by Spike (edited January 25, 2001).]
Spike!<BR>What is wrong with you dude!!!!???????<BR>You have that gorgeous critter at home and you LEAVE to go chase animals????Are you daft?Hell I thought it was a gag Photo of you and Cristy Brinkley at first.You ain't right!<BR>Oh,hey lets start taking over the "other big game" menu.You do one about "The hardest game" and I'll slander Blacktails in the name of the obviously superior Northern sub specie of whitetail.<BR>Big stick...come up with something involving 4300fps,XLC's and 800yds.<BR>Tex...well,, how about something concerning "the only proper drink mix for gut pile junkies at sundown" And possibly that recipie for peanut butter turkey stuffing,I still can't get over that.<BR>Hey spike...maybe you could get the missus to check in,and do a bit on how to be ravingly gorgeous,and still put up with a heathen.That way we could draw the chicks over here with beauty advice,and whatever it's called when they talk(Non stop!)about reigning us in.<BR>I just left a note on the BG board to 10 point trying to get him over here too.<BR>Has anybody rattled JJ's cage yet?<BR>Ill leave an E-mail with my bud in SA and try to get him to stop in,and Talker as well.<BR>To you guy's that have swapped places to lurk.....speak up more often!Hell it ain't no fun without new posters,and you guy's sound like good folks!<BR>Curmudgeon....Are ya out there?<BR>later guy's!<BR>E4E
Besides her beauty check out what else she does...yep, I got me a good one!<P>Give me a minute and I'll post a pic of her single sister.<P><BR> [Linked Image] <P>
What's the hardest game to tag? I've never had the opportunity to chase blacktails but MATURE trophy whitetails are the most challenging in my opinion. They too are almost totally nocturnal. Besides, I've never seen a blacktail rack that would come close to being as impressive as the rack from an average size whitetail. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Newguy Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
I did not post often on shooters, but I have learned a lot from you guys. I am even getting a rifle built, by Pat.
Posted By: badger Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
OK, here I am. Shooters sucks & I've had enough! Also went to Saeed's place for awhile & like it a lot. Will hang out here awhile. badger.
.<p>[This message has been edited by Spike (edited February 01, 2001).]
Posted By: Greyghost Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Trying out this new site. Couldn't find any of the old post on Shooters. Broke down and went and picked up my new ATV today. They couldn't get me the Remington. But gave me one heck of a deal on the new Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. Duck's Unlimited. And a new trailer too! Phil
Posted By: RickBin Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Gentlemen (and I use the term QUITE loosely): [Linked Image]<P>You are all welcome, and I don't "moderate" nuthin', but I will say that if that blonde gets any more naked, sister or no sister, I might just have to pull the plug on 'er (before my wife sees her). [Linked Image]<P>Hope you all enjoy, and if you need anything, just email me at webmaster@24hourcampfire.com
Posted By: okie john Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Spike, please no more pictures of the wife. She's wonderful and all, but... just no more pictures of her, OK? Okie John.
Posted By: okie john Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Besides, it looks like you need to mow your yard.
Posted By: need one Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Dr no, checking in, with all these good looking guys and gals,(and young too), don't know if I can keep up over here. Heck it's almost morning here will post tomorrow. -- no<BR> [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Spike: great pic! Great trophy! Uhhhh... I would of "mounted" her in a little differant position maybe??? But oh welllllllllll.<P>DON'T hit me!!! (grin)<P>Your way bigger then me dude. Hell SHE is way bigger then me!<P>tex
okie John, the gal in the grass isn't my wife. The lady next to the elk...that's mine. I was just pulling some legs and making a joke saying she was my wife's sister. I searched the net for just the right African looking photo to make you guys squirm. I guess I got carried away being on a new forum that allows pictures.<P>
Texas, Texas, Texas (Shaking my head laughing)<P>...what am I going to do with you? <P> [Linked Image]
Posted By: mtgoat Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/26/01
Alaskan Beaststalker is here by known as mtgoat. Now that I have that off my chest, I will say SFC mtgoat (ret.) here and ready for duty, Sir!<P>------------------<BR>"The only thing to fear is fear itself"
Spike: "what are you going to do with me"?<P>I suppose you could SPANK me, but you know I charge extra for that!<P>tex
Already spoken and now accounted for. <BR>For some reason "shooters" will not maintain my preferences and the continual updating is annoying.<BR>The rifle board was realy starting to deteriorate into a bunch of nonsensical gibberish. Some days it reminded me of first graders trying to postulate on BCs and SDs without even a fundamental grasp of the concepts.<BR>Anyway I know I am not one of the "old time" gang but if you fellows do not mind I will stick around and try to eat of the crumbs that fall from the table.
I'm here but will still tramp around as always!!<P>Nice pics..
Posted By: Rusty-Gunn Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/27/01
Spike... about the sexy blonde in the grass.... please don't share pics of my wife without letting me know first, otay? ;-) BTW your own wife is a real keeper, too bad she'll keep you! ;-) Well, I got to say this is a nice place to sit. I'm smilling real big on account I get to sit next to "my wife". [Linked Image] ~~~Suluuq
Posted By: Spike Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/27/01
Hey Rusty-Pistol (hee hee) [Linked Image]<P>That 'wife' of yours is a hotty, but I want to know where she got her tan while living waaaaay up North? Does she belong to the 'Polar Bare' club?<P>Did you get my email about the vid? I copied it and will get it in the mail. Dumb question but does it take extra postage to get to you?
Spike... actually the word "extra" is not in our language, we just take the "punishment" the poatal service gives us! Although the price level may be higher, its considered "standard". [Linked Image] Whatever the cost, I will re-emburse you. <BR>My igloo has a sky light in the center of the roof. She lays in a bikini, most times wearing nothing, on a polar bear rug in the center of the floor. The sun shines on her just right, including the northern lights at night. With the fur being hollow and transparent, it channels the tan all the way around! A full tan! I own the patent and will be a millionaire someday. We'll all hunt Africa with JJ. Plenty of tanning goes on here. She's such a 'hot' babe, she keeps the igloo warm, too. :-) ~~~Suluuq
Posted By: Scout Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/27/01
Just Rambling over from ShOoTeRs. Didn't post<BR>much but had a hell of a good time. E4E when are you going to ship that cannon to Stars & Bars? If it shoots worth a ****, I'll have you build one for me. 270 Win. of course, I currently own a "Jack Hammer" 460 Weatherby. Last time I burned powder in it I was cross-eyed for 2 days. Doug hates my 270 BAR, 1 MOA from the short barreled lightweight model. Some of you guy's needed the spell check included at this site.LOL
Posted By: curmudgeon Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
Waders that is low! As if I had to worry about what my wife thinks (she went shopping). I'm sure she would say that we should get on with learning how to use the new Shooters system, which I am learning thanks to Tex. I miss you all and will check in regularly here. Now that the foul mouthed agitator has been removed from Shooters their board can go back to peaceful talk about hunting and we will have TWO places to learn and enjoy. Regards, curmudgeon
Posted By: curmudgeon Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
Thunderstick, You have to log in every time at Shooters to activate your preferences. Just click on Log in, your handle will come up and you need to enter only your password. Hope this makes it so you can enjoy BOTH sites, curmudgeon
Posted By: Joe Kidd Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/27/01
Hey fella's, I made it. I haven't been posting much, but do like to lurk and learn, I'll try to stay out of the way.
Joe Kidd... You don't need to stay out of the way, come and sit and enjoy, participate, experience, share, join right in! A new voice can be contribute as much as an old one. ~~~Suluuq
Well the old Ranger has wandered out of the woods and over here. I see that the dancing girls are on hand and some of the clowns have entered. Where's the punch bowl and the finger samwiches?<BR>BCR
Posted By: pak Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/27/01
I followed the dots and here I am. cheers,pak
It's about time you guys showed up over here. I've been here since just before X-mas, but had nobody to talk too.<P>------------------<BR>Allen
Posted By: Waders Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
AlleninAlaska! Hey, I have been wanting to ask you something for a long time! Was it you that had the cool homepage with pics and infor on about every outdoor subject? If so, what is the site address? Thanks!
Well, Stephanie's checkin in. I like it so far, but it's ain't home. :P I think the new stuff at home on hunters is cool, this is alright. Hopefully we can get everyone from there in here, then it might become home. This ain't home yet, though. Anyway, I'm checked in, registered, etc. Go check out the hotspothunting.com for me guys, it's a nice site too. Stephanie [Linked Image]<P>------------------<BR>I may be little but this miss knows her deer! smile
waders: I bet your thinking about backpack hunter. One of the guys JJ brought over. Do you know his story? the website is gone. Too bad also. Its was way cool.<P>tex<P>Nice Guy too. Wish he would stop in sometime.
Posted By: memtb Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
Well, it's pretty obvious we don't have a moderator on this website or I wouldn't have to be sharing it with you bunch of Yahoo's!<BR>Actually, this should be a pretty good website as we all get along so well and NEVER argue, that is as long as you agree I'm right!<BR>Speaking of right, always remember "Right is right and left is wrong" (politically speaking)<BR>Any how, good to see you guys over here!<BR>-memtb
Posted By: 10point Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
<BR> OK it was the "Blonde in the Jungle" that drew me in. Plea's and request's can never do what a pair of surgical tit's can do.<P> Who was her plastic surgeon ? I want to give him a big Hug........10
Posted By: gutpile Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by memtb:<BR><B>Well, it's pretty obvious we don't have a moderator on this website or I wouldn't have to be sharing it with you bunch of Yahoo's!<BR>Actually, this should be a pretty good website as we all get along so well and NEVER argue, that is as long as you agree I'm right!<BR>Speaking of right, always remember "Right is right and left is wrong" (politically speaking)<BR>Any how, good to see you guys over here!<BR>-memtb</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Posted By: gutpile Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
fellas, thought id check in and say howdy, and its nice to find this place...always enjoy talking guns and shooting...gutpile
Rick. Dude! I never thought you would stop by. Welcome Buddy. I trie dto get spike to find another silicone enhanced babe for us but I think he is keeping all the good pics to himself?<P>tex
Posted By: deonzyl Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
I am from the land of Castles and biltong and I am another lurker from Shooters. I seldom post, but read regularly in our summer(Sept to April), when it is too hot to exercise my 3 wildcats which are all loaded to the upper edge of sanity! My 2 standard rifles, a 223 and a 375 are used so regularly year round that there is not much sense in playing with either one. this site sure looks like a new home to me.
deonzyl: Welcome dude. Welcome to our little outlaw hideout (grin). You must enjoy a rowdy crowd to picked this place for home. (LOL) <P>Thanks for stopping in Bud. Hang around this will be fun!<P>tex
Posted By: Ol` Joe Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
One more mostly lurker, sometime poster checking in.
OleJoe: hey lurkers, posters? Everybody's welcome! Come hang out.<P>Cheers<P>tex
Posted By: pumpgun Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
hey guys I made it over and got to keep my id. good to see you guys. tom
Posted By: Redneck Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
Spike! Quit that, man. You trying to give us old farts a heart attack? Geez.<P>Yeah, I'm the same old Redneck from 'Shooters'. Love the pix. HHHmmmm, now I have to figure out a way to have the pc blow that up to poster size, and try to hide it from the wife while it's hanging in my shop. Come to think of it, not a good idea. I wouldn't be able to get any work done. And cleaning up after all the drool would cost me a bunch in paper towels. Redneck
Posted By: PhilNash Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
Hi guys! Spike, buy that lady some clothes. Naw, on second thought DON'T! Congrats, you did good. I would put some pics of my wife up here but I couldn't stand the thought of Tex sayin "Hey, I know her!" And E4E, Waders, Inspector...My eyes are getting misty as I turn to the third page of names!! Naw, I got smart and married a Texan the 2nd time around. Has Inspector popped over here yet? I lost my url to the Jester site. Man, there were some funny posts on that sucker. Oh well, got to get some snacks together for a super bowl party. To bad I gotta leave my Titans jersey in the drawer. Gotta learn to throw that deep ball. Go NY! See ya.<P>
Posted By: Sparkman375 Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/29/01
Sunday morning....comin' down....so this is where the new church services are being held? <BR> I miss you guys, Ive been involved in another new forum startup, but thats another story (besides, I've seen many of the same, familiar handles there already). <BR> I just wanted to check in and make my mark in the scrape-line to let ya know I'm round and about. I'll be glad to take shooters/hunters off my bookmarks listing. [Linked Image] Sparkman <p>[This message has been edited by Sparkman375 (edited January 28, 2001).]
Posted By: Talker Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/28/01
Hi...I'm here to. and to stay 'cuz I may not be welcome at Shooters/Hunters or whateverthehell they call it now. A poster named Joel S said banning Tex and Pat was a crock of **** and I replied....well, here's what I said....<P>"Joel, <BR>You're right, it's a crock. E4E aka Pat is one of the nicest people you could ever get to know. He happens to be my best friend and in the year or so I've been lurking here I have seen him add imeasurably to the value of this board. Someone with more power than brains has decided he knows best what this board needs. He's wrong. <BR>And for saying that I'll probably be banned too. Big deal... I've already found the 24hourcampfire.com site is more interesting that this one was. Guess who had to move over and make room in front of the fire...Tex and Pat. So folks, don't wait for some webweenie on the make to make an example of you. Join the new campfire...and pick up a case of Castle Beer on your way over. We're having to run the stuff through twice just to make it last."<P>So anyway I'll probably be next but who wants to go back there just to see if they locked the door on me? I've already had fun talkin' on this board. <P>Talker<P>
Posted By: Macmaolan Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/29/01
Howdy,<P>Just checking in. Haven't bailed out of Shooters...YET, but if any more of the good guys get booted... [Linked Image] Must have screwed up trying to register with my old handle (rogermac) so I'll go with the old Scottish spelling of the clan name.<P>This looks like it will be another good place to visit regularly.<P>Happy Huntin'... Mac
Jim in Idaho present. Great, now I have FOUR boards to check. The webmaster here at work is gonna bust me for sure.<P>
Hello all<P>missioncritical here from the shooters board. Have come to depend on alot of your guys' wisdom and humor in the last 2 years and dont want to miss out, so here i am too.<P>glad to see the main group of regulars here, and hope things will be as good and better on this board! <P>good day<BR>MC
Long time Shooter's (and "coffee shop")lurkier checking in. Didn't post much, but learned alot from the "regulars".
Posted By: fishbate Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/29/01
It is good to see the folks getting back together again. Old faces NO, young faces LMDH and new faces thanks for a placed to call home again.olefish
Posted By: Lost Yooper Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/29/01
Howdy everone! I've deleted Shooters from my favorites. Look forward to talking to ya all.<P>Take care,<P>Mike
Posted By: Greenfield Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/29/01
Just checking in. I have been sick for the past week and so when I return to lurk at Big Game I find most of the people I go there to listen to are gone. I didn't have the time to go back through the posts to figure out what happened but I assume the creature is another incarnation of "Duh-man", etc. and figured he had coming what he got.<P>I lurk a lot and contribute when I can or have something to contribute but what is the point in staying at hunters if the people you want to read are gone? I'll try to contribute more here as I can or my background allows.<P>It's nice to see all the familiar faces, so to speak.<BR>Take care all. <BR>
Posted By: BATMAN Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/29/01
Wow I left shooters for a week, came back, and all the GURU's were gone! Im another lurker, but I sure did enjoy the banter of the regulars on shooters. Anyway I'm glad I found you guys, I'll be here to stay(Spikes pictures are added incentive).
Posted By: Eric in OR Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/30/01
Eric in OR checkin' in as well
Posted By: big hunter Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/30/01
Hi wader! I just moved.
Posted By: twodogs Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/30/01
Checkin' in.
Posted By: Pete Millan Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/30/01
Pete M here, glad to see you cyber-nomads have found another place to gather.<P>Cheers<P>Has JJHack clocked in? With the spell checker he can't spell poatal no more....
Pete: I added Poatal to the spell checker.<P>Tex
Posted By: 458WinMag Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/30/01
The old trailboss has taken on a new moniker. I've been shooting big bores my whole life. Just like the way they carry and feel I guess. Oh, the results are normally impressive also :-) 458WinMag
Posted By: big hunter Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/30/01
I seen that you guys were talking about the hardest thing to hunt. As for the hardest catch, that was probably spike's wife. A beautiful blonde that enjoys hunting would be pretty rare.
Posted By: Clint Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
Clint joining the Campfire. Good to see all the gang.
Posted By: Bend Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
Adding another log to the fire. I lurked there and am now lurking here. Hope I'm not too late to join.<BR>Kirt<BR>Bend,OR
Posted By: Alaska Dave Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
Waaaa you guys left me. I was scared. Glad to find the knowledgable again.<P>------------------<BR>Hunt smart, be safe
Posted By: Spike Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
Hey Kirt (Bend),<P>Welcome fellow Oregonian, they're are a lot of us here. How long have you lived in Bend? It's a great place and growing like a weed. What type of hunting do you do?
Posted By: Toons Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
Don't feel too bad I left my better half behind - but he eventually found his way. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alaska Dave:<BR><B>Waaaa you guys left me. I was scared. Glad to find the knowledgable again.<P></B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Have been away from the Shooters camp for awhile, and when I came back to check-in was surprised to find out the damn camp had moved! Still haven't figured out what happened, but understand that E4E and Tex were banned without warning, and that's enough for me to pull up stakes and move. Hey Pat, I understand it had something to do with foul language. It wasn't about Hornadys was it? Stars & Bars
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by big hunter:<BR><B> I seen that you guys were talking about the hardest thing to hunt. As for the hardest catch, that was probably spike's wife. A beautiful blonde that enjoys hunting would be pretty rare.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey man...I'm a red-headed chick that loves to hunt...why does it have to be the blondes?? Stephanie [Linked Image]<BR><P>------------------<BR>I may be little but this miss knows her deer! smile
Finally made it. Best, Matt.
Posted By: Bend Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
Spike:<P>Been in Bend since July '94, moved from San Diego upon retirement from the Navy. Took a while to learn the fishing and hunting spots but doing well now. I hunt 'rats, 'chucks', and 'yotes in the area and go to the NE corner of the state for elk. Got my first in Starky in '97.<BR>Bend<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spike:<BR><B>Hey Kirt (Bend),<P>Welcome fellow Oregonian, they're are a lot of us here. How long have you lived in Bend? It's a great place and growing like a weed. What type of hunting do you do?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Posted By: Martin@Hin Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
It is I Martin<P>like the spell check<BR>regards.
Posted By: mercedvh Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
I've been trying to make this work and am too damn stupid to figure it out. Thank God I don't post much anyway. <P>In the off chance that I finally got it right, let me introduce myself. I too am from Shooters.gone. I like the layout of this place. Looks like most of the boards are actually being used. <P>I don't have any pictures that can compete with Spike's. Wouldn't know how to display them if I did so I guess it's just as well.<P>Talk to you later.<P>------------------<BR>Rick
Posted By: Teeder Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 01/31/01
Just checking in! I guess I missed all the excitement at the "other" place. All I know is I checked in and found most of the guys were gone. Then I come here and I see the safari babe! Oh, I mean, I didn't notice her. But anyway, I'll be around. Kevin<BR>
Checkin' in. Wow, left for vacation for a week and I'd say you all were busy while I was away! And I thought Hawaii was hot!<P>Good riddance to the old site. Rick, I remember you from AllOutdoors days. Wow, what a concept -- a hunter who is interested in customer service to run the site! Now that shooters drove some more good folk here, this site should be tough to beat.<P>Thanks!<BR>
Posted By: KayDubya Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
KayDubya here - Sorta new to various boards, including Shooters. Hope you don't mind a newbie squeezing in 'round the fire.<P>LittleMissDeer - these other guys may be partial to blondes - I'd go hunting with a redhead anyday!<P>Ken
Posted By: Greybeard Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Waders:<BR><B>WELCOME!!!</B> If your Shooters handle is different than your new handle, don't forget to fill us in. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Thanks for the welcome, I mostly lurk,but<BR>missed the great posts. Took me 2 days and<BR>some help to figger how to get here and <BR>delete the other site from favorites.<BR> <P>
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
Ladies (Toons and Stephanie) and Gentlemen,<P>Finally figured out how to drive here and just wanted to say Hi. Moving to Melbourne Australia this weekend but will be back monitoring the board next week. Nice to see all the good guys here! TM
Posted By: big hunter Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
All are welcome. I'll go hunting with redheads too. It's pretty rare to have a chick that hunts. That's all.<BR> (Sides, be glad. They don't make dumb redhead jokes, LMD.)
LOL...good thing they don't! I'd be it! Stephanie [Linked Image]<P>------------------<BR>I may be little but this miss knows her deer! smile
Posted By: Bullwnkl Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
I'm a little slow but I just gave up on the other guy's.
Posted By: Mrs.Spike Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
Hello there just checking in. I had to see why Spike is so busy on the computer.
Posted By: Mrs. Waders Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
Um, I am here. Wade made me "check in". I have to admit though it might be interesting to actually "meet" you guys. Wade has been talking about you regularly for over 2 years now. He wanted to go to Shooterslam but I talked him out of it because I was afraid some of you were homicidal and might kill him. I feel like I know Sheister and Need One. Also that guy whose leg caught on fire.<P>Wade says that someone here can explain that whole poatal match thing. Anyway, I think I have said enough.<P>Have a great day!<P>Kelly<P>------------------<BR>Being married to Waders is a woman's fantasy come true. (Even if Waders registered my handle and I have no idea he put this in)
Posted By: AFP Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
Mrs Spike,<P>Thanks for the brownies you baked that Spike brought to our dinner in Portland with Shiester and Silver Bullet--they were very good.<P><BR>Mrs Waders,<P>Remember, ALL of us--your husband included--have guns and know how to shoot. <P>My wife actually had a similar concern when I went hunting with Silver Bullet and Allen-in-Alaska last Sep. She probably should have been more concerned about wheeling and dealing (I did buy a 375 H&H while I was there) than any homicidal tendencies.<P>Blaine
Posted By: swampfox Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
swampfox is here
Posted By: Shannon Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/02/01
I've been watching from the outside at "the other site" for awhile. Been gone a couple weeks and got back and everyones gone!!! Felt like a lost kid in a shopping mall. Big into shotgunning and fishing, new to the rifle scene. You guys (and gals) are a true wealth of information (if I can sift through the BS).<P><BR>Shannon<BR>
Posted By: big hunter Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
Mrs. Spike, did your husband get permission before putting your picture on here? (Hope I don't start a family fued!)
Posted By: cs Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/01/01
Hello all...<BR>Didn't post much on shooters, but heard of the campfire deally and decided to come see what all the good guys were up to.<BR>Kindof miss the hunting stories...
Posted By: Spike Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/02/01
big hunter, who's idea do you think it was to post the 'almost' naked picture of 'bikini chick'? I wouldn't do that on my own. [Linked Image]
Posted By: big hunter Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/02/01
Oh. Then you're not in trouble? That's good.
Posted By: Mikey Re: SHOOTERS CHECK IN HERE - 02/02/01
Hey everyone,Its MR.S.S. here.I just made the jump in cyberspace to the new outfit here.I have to go by my real name now as it wouldnt take MR.S.S. as a username...Oh well,I was tired of that one anyway.<BR> I'm glad the whole crew didn't just give up and fall apart!<BR> I hope this new board is as much fun as the"OLD BOARD" used to be!!<BR> Later <BR> Mikey
© 24hourcampfire