Home
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Hunting the cruddy weather of the Pacific Northwest, I tried everything to keep snow, rain and lord-knows what off my scope lenses. As a last resort, I went through a bunch of flip-ups. I had lost one somewhere in brush, and broke one in a scabbard.

One did not fit right and I actually had to electrical-tape it to the objective end. Finally though, I was hand-over-handing through an alder thicket in Idaho in the midst of heavy snowfall on the heels of a bull. At one point, the objective end had popped open. I closed it and continued my struggle.

When I finally emerged at an opening my bull stood broadside, watching me, at about 90 yards. Shaking with excitement, I managed to flip open both ends, pull up on him, only to see...nothing. I had closed that flip-up on a little wad of snow and could see absolutely nothing but fog and goo.

Looking desperately on each side I could see him, but never through the scope. Before I could clear the lens, he walked tauntingly into the timber again and I never caught up.

Those flip-ups still lay up there on that mountain where I threw them.

Just curious what other tales campfire members have to tell of these things?

Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Is that your attempt at marketing?
Posted By: Jamie Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
The other day your pushing scopesield covers but when you go hunting you use flip up's. crazy
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
I find they work better when I don't pack snow inside them before each use. YMMV

Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Originally Posted by IdahoElkHunter

Without doubt, the number one most fatal noise that betrays my position is the popping open of those caps. I have sneezed, coughed, hacked, spit, talk above my ear plugs, chair squeaked, kicked the blind and only gained partial interest from my quarry. But, when those caps pop ALL eyes are on me immediately.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Is that your attempt at marketing?
I'd say it's pretty obvious.

Takes all kinds.
Posted By: kcnboise Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Yep, I've experienced the PNW cruddy weather for a long time. I started off with flip up covers that were solid. If one popped open I'd have to take the time to clear and wipe the lense, and inside the cover, then leave it open and carry the rifle with my hand over it until it dried enough not to fog. Went to see through flip ups some years back and haven't had a problem. The clear plastic of the see through is thicker, so more rigid, so they don't seem to pop open very often and I can take a shot without having to open the covers.
Posted By: SteveC99 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Everything works sometimes, nothing works everytime. Yes, I have had shots screwed up by rain and snow...and likely will have it happen again. Don't know a fool proof way to prevent that, but I like flip ups best as of now.
Posted By: iddave Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
I've hunted every part of Idaho with pop-ups and never had a lick of trouble killing game.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Pretty lame..

Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11

Nice camo. It's good to know the critter will never see that whitchamacallit on top of that rifle..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cinch Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Always worked for me...

http://youtu.be/gephLnImzM8
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/23/11
Originally Posted by Jamie
The other day your pushing scopesield covers but when you go hunting you use flip up's. crazy
Not in the last three years I haven't! smile
Posted By: milespatton Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Sounds like a salesman. miles
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Rancho Loco and Reloader28, you each have a ScopeShield coming, my compliments. Just e-mail your mailing address, scope make and model, and color preference (honest Rancho, there are more!)

ScopeShield Alaska is a sponsor of 24hourcampfire.com, and has these contest/giveaways occasionally on the site!
Posted By: Kentucky_Windage Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I gave up flip-ups permanently after inadvertently crowding a scope on a heavy kicker while focused intensely on shooting a very large bear. I think I bled nearly as much as he did... Those stretchy whatchamacallits are all that adorn my scopes these days.

Posted By: ldholton Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Hunting the cruddy weather of the Pacific Northwest, I tried everything to keep snow, rain and lord-knows what off my scope lenses. As a last resort, I went through a bunch of flip-ups. I had lost one somewhere in brush, and broke one in a scabbard.

One did not fit right and I actually had to electrical-tape it to the objective end. Finally though, I was hand-over-handing through an alder thicket in Idaho in the midst of heavy snowfall on the heels of a bull. At one point, the objective end had popped open. I closed it and continued my struggle.

When I finally emerged at an opening my bull stood broadside, watching me, at about 90 yards. Shaking with excitement, I managed to flip open both ends, pull up on him, only to see...nothing. I had closed that flip-up on a little wad of snow and could see absolutely nothing but fog and goo.

Looking desperately on each side I could see him, but never through the scope. Before I could clear the lens, he walked tauntingly into the timber again and I never caught up.

um must not be able to find a chart to get the proper size ? got the cordination of ??? how ever did you get your diver licenes? and dont shoot a $69 dollar scope with 2 in eye relife when bear hunting !! (from your last post)
Posted By: salmonhead Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Kentucky Windage,
You most likely would have had a nice laugh at me while elk hunting this year. After firing 2 shots at a wierd angle downhill off the top of my packframe. I took the scope cap release across the bridge of the nose twice. There I stood with blood running down my face in 10 degree weather. I didn't even know it happened for about 5 minutes when the blood got to my mouth. My nose has a click in it now. Kinda funny. Got the bull though.
Originally Posted by salmonhead
Kentucky Windage,
You most likely would have had a nice laugh at me while elk hunting this year. After firing 2 shots at a wierd angle downhill off the top of my packframe. I took the scope cap release across the bridge of the nose twice. There I stood with blood running down my face in 10 degree weather. I didn't even know it happened for about 5 minutes when the blood got to my mouth. My nose has a click in it now. Kinda funny. Got the bull though.
That bull had to take a lot of pain away, Kentucky. EMail your info and I will send a nice, soft, uninjuring ScopeShield to you as well.
OK, once is understandable. But twice?

Less charitable folks than myself might be tempted to start in about slow learners... no brain no pain... the possibiities are endless!

wink
Originally Posted by salmonhead
Kentucky Windage,
That bull had to take a lot of pain away, Kentucky. EMail your info and I will send a nice, soft, uninjuring ScopeShield to you as well.

It was the bear that got me. The bull got salmonhead.

Guess you could say were caught 'twixt the bear and bull...
Ooops, I meant to add salmonhead to the freebie list too.
Of course, unlike salmonhead, I was only dumb enough to do it ONCE. wink
Posted By: NH_Sharpshooter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I missed a chance at an 8 pointer I tracked down in the snow today because my scope lenses were all crapped up. It had been snowing/sleeting for a couple hours, and I got to within 30 yards of the fella when he came up out of his bed. I had tried to use my gloves to keep the lenses clean, but to no avail. Saw him come up, brought up the rifle, and no deer in the scope even though I could still see him! Happens I guess.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Rancho Loco and Reloader28, you each have a ScopeShield coming, my compliments. Just e-mail your mailing address, scope make and model, and color preference (honest Rancho, there are more!)

ScopeShield Alaska is a sponsor of 24hourcampfire.com, and has these contest/giveaways occasionally on the site!

Appreciate for the offer, but NT..

I've figured out how to use BC's.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I have a question. How to the scope shields work when you pack snow inside of them before putting them on your scope?
Originally Posted by NH_Sharpshooter
I missed a chance at an 8 pointer I tracked down in the snow today because my scope lenses were all crapped up. It had been snowing/sleeting for a couple hours, and I got to within 30 yards of the fella when he came up out of his bed. I had tried to use my gloves to keep the lenses clean, but to no avail. Saw him come up, brought up the rifle, and no deer in the scope even though I could still see him! Happens I guess.
If ever there were a fellow nimrod in need, it must be you New Hampshaw. What we need via email is a mailing address, and either your scope make and model or its tube length so I can send you the right size.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I have a question. How to the scope shields work when you pack snow inside of them before putting them on your scope?
Great suggestion! We'll put the technical team right on it.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Appreciate for the offer, but NT..

I've figured out how to use BC's.
Kind of makes me proud of a fellow Montanan. (GHS '66)
Posted By: Flare Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I have had one set that worked great for years. Got a newer set that did not last one hunting season, only made a couple of days before breaking. I'm thinking about the Leupold aluminum ones next but, wow, they are expensive.

Corey
Originally Posted by Flare
I have had one set that worked great for years. Got a newer set that did not last one hunting season, only made a couple of days before breaking. I'm thinking about the Leupold aluminum ones next but, wow, they are expensive.

Corey
Let me have you try a ScopeShield first Corey, and this one is definitely not expensive. Email your scope make and model, or tube length, along with a shipping address, and it will be on its way, no charge, on Friday morning.
Posted By: tominboise Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Scope cover

This is what I use, when it's wet and snowy....
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I use BC flip ups in the PNW:

[Linked Image]

Generally just the one on the objective when I'm hunting though...Oh wait, I take that back grin

[Linked Image]
That lower photo looks like Snake River breaks?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
That lower photo looks like Snake River breaks?

Deschutes canyons...
Posted By: ts300wsm Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Seems like a neat idea might have to try one Leupold flip ups are expensive I got a 338 Win mag that I'm getting ready to put a Leupold on. I have the Leupolds on my 4 rifles now
Posted By: GSSP Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I'm now sold on the Leupold Alumina flip-ups!

Alan
Originally Posted by ts300wsm
Seems like a neat idea might have to try one Leupold flip ups are expensive I got a 338 Win mag that I'm getting ready to put a Leupold on. I have the Leupolds on my 4 rifles now
Those Aluminas are the best flip-ups one can get. Send me your info though, and which Leupy you are putting on that.338 and I will get a ScopeShield on its way to you.
Posted By: 4xbear Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I have good luck with the flip ups with the exception of Burris signatures because of the rotating eyepiece/power ring. You may have a solution there. Bear
Posted By: tzone Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Do you have any pictures other than the one on the website?
Posted By: dawaba Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
+1 on the Bikini covers. For years I used a rubber strap cut from tire inner tubes.

Kurt Whitehead, a black bear outfitter on Prince of Wales Island, won't allow his hunters to use ANY caps of the flip-up style. Even the best ones, he says, always leak in SE Alaska.
Posted By: headwatermike Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I also have bought new flip ups this year. They must have changed something or maybe I got some from a bad run. The old ones I have stayed closed, the new see-through ones won't even hold shut after being flipped a few times. Needing something, I melted spots around the cover inward to give it more bite upon being closed. I found that the see-throughs have a softer base portion that goes on the scope. Maybe that's the problem. Other than this year, I've had great luck with them when I've kept them in place!
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Originally Posted by dawaba
+1 on the Bikini covers. For years I used a rubber strap cut from tire inner tubes.

Kurt Whitehead, a black bear outfitter on Prince of Wales Island, won't allow his hunters to use ANY caps of the flip-up style. Even the best ones, he says, always leak in SE Alaska.

Years and years ago, well before K-Mart quit Alaska, one could buy a stretchy; well, stretchy in some seasons anyway, rubber cover which worked very well for providing a clear view through the scope when desired. Somewhere in those years, I had to try what seemed to the latest greatest deal and tried the BC caps. Carrying slung as we often do, I quickly tired of self-opening, and broken covers and having been using Scope-Coat ever since they have been readily available. There is no one size fits all for every person or application. I use what works well for me. Obviously, others use other things successfully as well. I'm glad there are several good options which we don't have to improvise ourselves.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: battue Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Have used them in the past. Something else to go wrong or mess with. One may still be on a rifle, because I haven't taken it off yet.
Posted By: cal74 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I've had good luck in the past with Butler Creek Flip ups (10-15 years ago). Newer ones don't seem to hold, have a few pairs of Alumina Caps though and like those.

Might have to try out one of these Scope Shield Covers for my step-dad. He has a hell of a time with Flip-Ups on his scope, a Burris with a quick focusing eye piece.

Damn near cost him his Elk of a Lifetime (Custer State Park Bull), when the cap turned and he couldn't cycle his bolt.
Posted By: Shag Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Scope Shield is where I'm going next season.. Otherwise Leupolds Illuma flips get the nod.. Haven't tried Butler Creeks see through lenses.. But they will prolly break damn near as fast as the regular ones..

Damn people driving through the woods with car door's open.. smile
Posted By: ts300wsm Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Idahoelkhunter I sent you my info and once again THANKS
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
I've been using ScopeShields for a couple years now, in places from rainy Alaska to snowy Montana to dusty Africa. They keep stuff off the lenses, and they're quick and quiet.

They're also quite handy for putting over the scopes when the rifle is inside a travel case in an airplane. They keep the scope from beaten up if the case gets flung around!
Posted By: Elkmen Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/24/11
Many, many years ago in NE Oregon we had called it a day because of the snow and wind and were headed back to camp. We came around the corner to see a really nice 5 point bull standing just off of the road headed into a timbered saddle. Well I leaped out the the truck, sprinted around to the other side, flipped the little lever to open the caps and found one cap frozen in place. Cleared it, brought the rifle to bear on the bull as he stepped over the hill. Maybe someday I will see him again.

I use the soft elastic covers now.
Originally Posted by dawaba

By coincidence, Jon Stram invented ScopeShields on Prince of Wales Island. Now living in Anchorage, he is building a new place on the island, but began with the innertube strips also, and progressed to cutting up old waders and his great stroke of genius, adding the release tab and keeper loop.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/25/11
Do they fit over turrets?
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/25/11
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Do they fit over turrets?
Yes, unless you have an objective greater than 60mm. Then we make you a modified version.
So it won't hang up on these?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/25/11
A sure bet those'll hang up on stuff anyway. A good example of what works for you, YMMV, etc. wink
I'd not mind trying a Scope Shield but thinking it will latch onto a turret on the way north.
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/25/11
I'd not mind trying a Scope Shield but thinking it will latch onto a turret on the way north.
It requires a higher lift prior to release to clear the tall one. The learning curve is about 15 seconds.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/25/11
info mercials...............hate the fuggin things
Guess I'll stick with Butler Creeks.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/25/11
So YOU screw up by leaving snow in the objective, and then closing the scope cap over it, and then you BLAME the scope cap? As Rancho said, LAME!

As with many things, it's not the scope cap, it's the OPERATOR!
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/25/11
I've had BC's on my Ultravids for 7 years. They are still going strong, and have been flipped open thousands of times by now.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/25/11

I don't run turrets 'cause I know what would happen to them in my use. If I did, however, I can't imagine how a scope cover would work out well, learning curve notwithstanding.
Posted By: Remy Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/26/11
Wouldn't the deer see that cover dangling in the wind while I zero in on it?
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/26/11
Only if blue....

I'm sure that's all the deer will notice, will never see you bringing the gun up or my 200 pound frame. Hell, deer run at every leave they see dangling, don't you know.

Posted By: 16bore Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/26/11
If you're extremely bored, you can flick twigs and small rocks at the tape on your muzzle with the eyepiece cap.

Try that with a scope shield.....
Posted By: Remy Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/26/11
I like to believe the Leupold flip-ups will hide me as I bring the gun up.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/26/11
You'll be Golden....
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/26/11

They work fabulously well at the store,where I leave them.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/26/11
You do have to give credit to the fancy write-up....you know they also double as a cough silencer. Next will be a butt-out tool that doubles as sling stix and a deer call that doubles as a crack pipe..
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/27/11
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Which is quite an accomplishment, considering there is not a single store in New Hampshire which yet carries them in order to allow you to leave them there.
I myself am becoming an ardent fan of the postings of Steelhead.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/27/11
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Which is quite an accomplishment, considering there is not a single store in New Hampshire which yet carries them in order to allow you to leave them there.

What are you talking about?

I was refering to your opening post where you mentioned flip up scope covers that got clogged with snow.....I didn't read everything in the middle.....did I miss something?

Edited to Add: Oh I get it now....you thought I was refering to your scope shield....I wasn't. I was talking about flip up scope covers.Which suck.
Posted By: jklund38 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/27/11
My in-laws all use the scope shields. They have not had any complaints yet. Although they do not subject their guns to as harsh as conditions as many others here.
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 11/27/11
My 15 year old brother took to BC caps across his face this past elk hunt.... shooting weird angles, one across the eye brow, one across the nose. He was not enjoying life, and that was from a 8 lb 257 wby! good thing it wasnt a hard hitting rig!
My apologies for misinterpreting BobinNH above. At my increasingly advanced age, confusion is becoming more and more my norm, which certainly makes the hunting sports even more challenging.
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 12/31/11
This has been a terrific discussion of riflescope covers, particularly timely in view of the decline of the common flip-up style. The Leupold Alumina continue to be the remaining durable flip-up style.

All other neoprene styles except the ScopeShield have field deficiencies by comparison.

Thank you to the many, many campfire members who have obtained and commented on ScopeShield Riflescope covers.

We are, and will continue to be, a sponsor of the 24hourcampfire.com

Happy New Years to All!
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 12/31/11

Flip-ups work for me in the cruddy PNW weather, but, YMMV as always.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 12/31/11
Truck inner tube cut in a 2" width works about as well as anything.
Posted By: ranger1 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 12/31/11
I've never broken a B&C flip up cover. Never had any of the problems listed actually. One round of electrical tape to ensure that they never come off unless I want them to, and I'm good. I'm sure neoprene covers work great, I just can't see any advantage.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 12/31/11
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Flip-ups work for me in the cruddy PNW weather, but, YMMV as always.

They work fine for me too, but I suppose if I started packing snow inside them while I was afield, that might make them less effective. grin
Posted By: prm Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 12/31/11
Originally Posted by ranger1
I've never broken a B&C flip up cover. Never had any of the problems listed actually. One round of electrical tape to ensure that they never come off unless I want them to, and I'm good. I'm sure neoprene covers work great, I just can't see any advantage.

+1 Work fine for me too.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 12/31/11
I can see where these ScopeShield would work nicely on a scope with the focus piece on the ocular like my Zeiss.

While elk hunting this fall my rear BC broke on me at the hinge. First time for everything after using BC's for years.
I think the BC are made cheaper now, they are a stiffer cheaper plastic with a poor hinge.

I just ordered a ScopeShield 12" black. We'll see how it works out.

Posted By: Yukoner Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/01/12
Will the ScopeShield work in the Yukon Territory? smile

Ted
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/01/12
Only if you have some bad weather there too Ted! We have many customers in the Yukon.

http://www.scopeshieldalaska.com

Terry
Posted By: drahthaar Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/02/12
Originally Posted by ranger1

I was right there with you until this year. Always had BC flip-ups. This year, I bought an Eberlestock X2. It's a little wider that my previous packs. On the first hunt, the pack kept popping the objective cap open. Eventually, it popped, got side pressure, and tore right off. ID sent me a scopeshield. It works great with my X2, no issues now at all.

Just one real world problem solved with the scope shield. I also like how the whole scope is covered.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/02/12
BC Blizzards are the only way I roll these days. The Flip-ups are just one extra step between seeing game and getting the shot off. You don't have to flip up the Blizzards, but you obviously can if you want to. I hunt my gear hard, and I've never broken one. I have had them get loose around the objective bell a number of times, when the temperature gets down around -25 degrees C. I just line the inside of the cap with a few layers of electrical tape, and that tightens the fit right back up.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/02/12
On the first hunt, the pack kept popping the objective cap open. Eventually, it popped, got side pressure, and tore right off.

That is exactly what happened to me using my REI XT85 pack.

Posted By: las Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/04/12
I used BC's one time for one day. Flippin objective didn't flip open when I needed it, pried the damned thing open, killed the moose, threw the BC's away. They didn't keep moisture out anyway.

I've used Bikini scope covers (they generally last only a year or two), or my old standby - a piece of inner tube - ever since. In wet weather I generally pack a piece of TP next to the glass on both ends of the scope to absorb any leakage. This has the downside of he TP occaisionally needing to be cleared after cover removal, but it has worked fairly well over the years.

If ya wanna send me one of those free scope covers, I'll certainly give it a field trial... looks like they might work better than my current system. Blaze orange if you have it- I lose as many as I wear out. smile
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/04/12
Boy, las, you have been through it all! E-Mail me your shipping address and your favorite scope make, model, or just tube length.
The keeper loop keeps it attached to the rifle, so you might not need to go the blaze orange route.

You have the kind of experience we love to have give ScopeShields a brutal workout.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/04/12
Flip ups work just fine here...not much rain (if it does you won't be out hunting in it)...it is either snow or dust. I've not experienced any issues. Lost my share of bikini covers though.
Posted By: johnw Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/04/12
anybody know what size Butler Creeks i need for a VX1 2-7X33???
Posted By: IdahoElkHunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/04/12
Originally Posted by johnw
anybody know what size Butler Creeks i need for a VX1 2-7X33???
No one knows. In a ScopeShield it is an SS10.
Posted By: rl11 Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/05/12
Originally Posted by eh76
Flip ups work just fine here...not much rain (if it does you won't be out hunting in it)...it is either snow or dust. I've not experienced any issues. Lost my share of bikini covers though.

Yeah no kidding. Not sure what kind of person can't figure out how to work a butler creek lens cap. I and everyone I hunt with uses them and they work great.

I guess this is one way of marketing...
Can't say I'd ever expect to see Dana Gleason get on a site and start a thread "Freakin' Kifaru" or Melvin Forbes start one called "Freakin' Kimber"
Posted By: Mauser_Hunter Re: Freakin' Flip-Ups - 01/05/12
NT

© 24hourcampfire