Home
Posted By: Bill_N Buck Knives Warranty Service - 06/29/19
This Buck 105 belonged to my brother-in-law who recently passed. He apparently got this when he was a kid as the tip was broken off and he had attempted to resharpen it on a belt sander. There was a fair amount of corrosion on it as well. I was thinking about trying to restore it myself and thought maybe it wasn't worth the time. Then I went on the Buck website and saw the offered a recondition service for $6.95 so I sent it in. This is how it looks now. I wish I had a before pic. They did a fantastic job on this knife.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Buck Knives Warranty Service - 06/29/19
Nice to know about the service. Glad it worked out so well on your heirloom piece.
Is it reshaped or new/replaced?

I found a Buck folder in n a 2nd hand store. They fixed the lock, cleaned and polished, and sharpened it. Under their lifetime warranty.
It's reshaped. The blade is about 1/4" shorter than standard size
Bill N: I always enjoy buying. owning and using Buck Knives!
I have at least two dozen of them.
Over the last 50 years I have only needed to use the Buck "warranty services" twice and both times there was NO charge for those repairs.
One of those times they repaired my knife free of charge while I waited there at their factory in Post Falls, Idaho!
I think dollars spent on Buck Knives are amongst the VERY BEST, invested/spent dollars, in all the outdoor world!
Long live Buck Knives Incorporated - a fine American Company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Agreed. I thought about tossing the knife, it was that bad. Then I saw the warranty details and figured for $6.95 I’d give it a Try. To be honest it was abused and damaged by my brother in law. No company should be expected to warranty something like that.

I have a Buck 2 blade folder with a gut hook and drop point blade that has been my primary hunting knife for the last 15 years or so. If I need something bigger now I have the 105.
Posted By: EdM Re: Buck Knives Warranty Service - 07/02/19
I have done that with a few Bucks of mine. One man in a both does all of the work. He's been with them for 40+ years. The tour of the factory is a must see if you are ever up that way.
Posted By: hanco Re: Buck Knives Warranty Service - 07/05/19
Case has replaced blades on several pocket knives for me. They didn’t charge anything.
Posted By: jwall Re: Buck Knives Warranty Service - 07/06/19
I like and have several Buck knives. They hold an edge better than many other brands I've owned.

I have returned 2 folding lock blades (knives) that they replaced free of charge.

How can you beat that ?

Jerry
I took my boys and one of their friends on a tour. They replaced blades on two folders I had in the truck. One had a chip out of the blade(110) and a smaller one that didn't seem to hold an edge worth a crap and had been sharped to a isosceles triangle over the years. They even polished the bolsters. I still wish they'd go back to using 440C as the 420HC isn't impressive at all.
I had an old Buck 119, used it for a camp knife. One day I casually threw it 10’ trying to stick a large tree. When it stuck the tree it sounded like someone hit a tuning fork with a hammer, and the blade shattered in two with a loud PIIIINGG.
Always great to see a company back their product. Never an issue with Bucks for me with several models as well as backups for each.. I am one, however, with the mindset that abuse on my part should not warrant free repairs or replacement by the manufacturer. Have a few acquaintances though that exercise warranties and insurance coverage to no end.
I have an old buck 110 that I have had since around 1978. I realized that I locked my keys in the truck when I came out of the woods after dark. Had to pry open a vent window (remember those?) and broke the tip. I reshaped it but probably not as good as buck would have done.

Still have the knife but use it on the work bench. I think I may send it in for a reconditioning. Thanks.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Always great to see a company back their product. Never an issue with Bucks for me with several models as well as backups for each.. I am one, however, with the mindset that abuse on my part should not warrant free repairs or replacement by the manufacturer. Have a few acquaintances though that exercise warranties and insurance coverage to no end.

Agreed. I wouldn't have expected any warranty coverage but the reconditioning option for $6.95 is great!
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I have an old buck 110 that I have had since around 1978. I realized that I locked my keys in the truck when I came out of the woods after dark. Had to pry open a vent window (remember those?) and broke the tip. I reshaped it but probably not as good as buck would have done.

Still have the knife but use it on the work bench. I think I may send it in for a reconditioning. Thanks.

I have a very similar story. My first Buck was a 110 purchased in '78 and while living in the dorm in college in either 80 or 81 had a high school buddy come and visit and he locked his keys in his Dodge truck and "borrowed" my knife to open/pry his slider back window open. He got the window opened but left me with a shorter blade. I too reshaped it to make it work but its not pretty.

I think my old knife needs to go home and be reborn. The service sounds great. After reconditioning I might have to reacquaint the knife with it's old nicely patina ed sheath which now holds my newest 110. It's an automatic in 30SV, a really cool knife.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Buck Knives Warranty Service - 07/23/19
Originally Posted by BigNate
I took my boys and one of their friends on a tour. They replaced blades on two folders I had in the truck. One had a chip out of the blade(110) and a smaller one that didn't seem to hold an edge worth a crap and had been sharped to a isosceles triangle over the years. They even polished the bolsters. I still wish they'd go back to using 440C as the 420HC isn't impressive at all.

There are several online vendors and also the Buck Custom Shop that offer Buck knives with upgraded blade steels.
Posted By: Rob96 Re: Buck Knives Warranty Service - 07/23/19
I purchased a Spitfire on Amazon with S30V steel and a Omni Hunter with Sandvik 12c27mod steel for the blades respectively. Very nice knives!
© 24hourcampfire