Home
Posted By: CharlesL DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
The Dallas convention center is scheduled to be demolished and a new one built. In the mean time DSC has to move their convention to a different convention center. They are going to Atlanta for 2025 - 2029.

Who is going?
Posted By: EdM Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
Not I. It was an easy drive from my house in the Hill Country.
Posted By: jdollar Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
Me. 4 hour drive and my stepson lives 45 minutes from downtown so free lodging. That assumes, of course, that I’m still ambulatory. At age 75, I don’t take such things for granted.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
I will definitely go and most likely volunteer for the DSC 100
Posted By: kscowboy01 Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
Look like this will fall out of the rotation for us. Been going since I was 7 and 40 now. This sucks.

Probably do Sheep Show and SCI for the 5 years it’s not in Dallas. My father is 73 now and this was always a great show for us to see many friends from around the globe.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
They are making a huge mistake just like SCI did. The Dallas Convention Center's demolition has been put on hold. The DALLAS Safari Club convention belongs IN DALLAS. Just another huge f uck up by the DSC leadership. First they rigged it that only exhibitors can stay at the Omni and now this. We live in Florida and have friends in Atlanta we can stay with, but we've not decided. We ARE however going to the next one in Dallas though.
Posted By: MrWilson Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
Hot'lanta the “Chocolate City”. I would pass.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
I’d go. Only 4 hour drive or so. Friends in town to visit.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
Originally Posted by jdollar
Me. 4 hour drive and my stepson lives 45 minutes from downtown so free lodging. That assumes, of course, that I’m still ambulatory. At age 75, I don’t take such things for granted.

Covid will probably kill your stupidassss first. You on your 8th or 9th booster by now dumbass?
Once again a helpful comment by my own internet troll/ stalker. Thanks for your valuable contribution….
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
Dallas show in Atlanta.

WTF
Posted By: CharlesL Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/20/23
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I will definitely go and most likely volunteer for the DSC 100

I'm sure that there will be plenty of attendees. The volunteers I think would be the biggest concern. I would imagine the committee chairs will make the trip, but many others won't be able to.
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Dallas show in Atlanta.

WTF

With the convention center being demolished and then rebuilt, no place in the DFW area is large enough to use unless the show is downsized and exhibitors turned away. Since the convention is the financial lifeblood of DSC, it had to be moved somewhere….
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/21/23
In DSC's defense, I suspect they had to make a decision on where to have the show and could not wait on the city of Dallas and their issues with the demolition. They just can't wait until the last minute to make a change.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/21/23
Once again a helpful comment by my own internet troll/ stalker. Thanks for your valuable contribution….

Tell us again you're not a liar, and how smart you are please. Your contributions are invaluable.

Sorry for the delayed response. Just saw this post. I leave in 4 days for the Caprivi via Doha, Joberg, and Kasane, then drive into Namibia. I and my wife( who has a PhD in nursing education) are vaccinated. As a retired physician, I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease. Granted, the mortality rate is low, but the hospitalization rate isn’t for unvaccinated people. 85-90 % of people in hospitals due to COVID are unvaccinated. Enough said.
)

The virus is now ubiquitous and will remain so forever. It isn’t going away. The days of worrying about travelers spreading it are gone. All one can do now if you want to travel outside the US is follow the rules, whether it is vax or testing prior to arrival. Right now you must have a negative Covid test to re-enter the US but that regulation is expected to be lifted in the near future. Brother Raider believes the vax does no good and is dangerous. Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

You can’t fix stupid.
Posted By: gizzyman Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/21/23
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Hot'lanta the “Chocolate City”. I would pass.

The San Coonfrisco of the South.
Posted By: jdollar Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/21/23
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Tell us again you're not a liar, and how smart you are please. Your contributions are invaluable.

Sorry for the delayed response. Just saw this post. I leave in 4 days for the Caprivi via Doha, Joberg, and Kasane, then drive into Namibia. I and my wife( who has a PhD in nursing education) are vaccinated. As a retired physician, I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease. Granted, the mortality rate is low, but the hospitalization rate isn’t for unvaccinated people. 85-90 % of people in hospitals due to COVID are unvaccinated. Enough said.
)

The virus is now ubiquitous and will remain so forever. It isn’t going away. The days of worrying about travelers spreading it are gone. All one can do now if you want to travel outside the US is follow the rules, whether it is vax or testing prior to arrival. Right now you must have a negative Covid test to re-enter the US but that regulation is expected to be lifted in the near future. Brother Raider believes the vax does no good and is dangerous. Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

You can’t fix stupid.

Thanks again for a totally irrelevant response having nothing to do with the topic at hand. Now it’s time to call me a covtard. Your are unbelievably predictable…. Sort of like a pig at the feed trough.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/21/23
Yes, I'll go, It's about 3 hour drive for me.

I agree DSC belongs in Dallas, but would rather be in ATL temporarily than say, Chicago or Baltimore, or San Francisco..
Posted By: JGRaider Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/21/23
Originally Posted by JGRaider

)

You can’t fix stupid.

Thanks again for a totally irrelevant response having nothing to do with the topic at hand. Now it’s time to call me a covtard. Your are unbelievably predictable…. Sort of like a pig at the feed trough.

You are too.....a so called "doctor" that perpetuates false information.
Posted By: MedRiver Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/21/23
No dog in this fight but seems Houston would have some convention space and a better alternative location, no???
Posted By: swiftshot Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/22/23
I don't know who owns DSC or what their goals are.They are free to do what they wish.I don't know if I will attend another convention.There are too many liberal minded folks who attend despite the hunting and gun ambience that would make one think otherwise.Also,it is a money hungry game for the outfitters and other exhibitors looking for their survival.I use to go to SCI for the convention in Vegas now I go to Vegas to enjoy myself without the convention.That said I might go to the next DSC convention in Dallas and see if I can found a buff hunt at a good price.I still dream of that steak and huge stuffed potato at Pappas steakhouse.
Posted By: CharlesL Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/22/23
Originally Posted by MedRiver
No dog in this fight but seems Houston would have some convention space and a better alternative location, no???

Houston Safari Club has a convention that is normally a couple weeks after DSC and I suspect many north Texas DSC members would just as soon go to Atlanta as Houston. smile
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/22/23
DSC is moving to Atlanta after next year. Appears they are tearing down the convention center in Dallas. Who’d a thunk it?

SCI in Nashville was the best one yet.
Posted By: jpr9954 Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/22/23
As a North Carolinian, I'm cool with it. Atlanta is only a 3.5 hour drive for me.

Having attended both the SCI and DSC conventions, I found the DSC convention to be more relaxed and friendlier. I saw many groups of school children at DSC in 2022 and I was happy to see that.

I can't speak for the evening events as they are not my thing.
Posted By: swiftshot Re: DSC in Atlanta - 07/23/23
If i remember correctly I saw school children at SCI in Vegas.
© 24hourcampfire