Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Dallas convention center is scheduled to be demolished and a new one built. In the mean time DSC has to move their convention to a different convention center. They are going to Atlanta for 2025 - 2029.

Who is going?

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Not I. It was an easy drive from my house in the Hill Country.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Me. 4 hour drive and my stepson lives 45 minutes from downtown so free lodging. That assumes, of course, that I’m still ambulatory. At age 75, I don’t take such things for granted.

Last edited by jdollar; 07/19/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will definitely go and most likely volunteer for the DSC 100

Who is John Galt?
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Look like this will fall out of the rotation for us. Been going since I was 7 and 40 now. This sucks.

Probably do Sheep Show and SCI for the 5 years it’s not in Dallas. My father is 73 now and this was always a great show for us to see many friends from around the globe.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They are making a huge mistake just like SCI did. The Dallas Convention Center's demolition has been put on hold. The DALLAS Safari Club convention belongs IN DALLAS. Just another huge f uck up by the DSC leadership. First they rigged it that only exhibitors can stay at the Omni and now this. We live in Florida and have friends in Atlanta we can stay with, but we've not decided. We ARE however going to the next one in Dallas though.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hot'lanta the “Chocolate City”. I would pass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d go. Only 4 hour drive or so. Friends in town to visit.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jdollar
Me. 4 hour drive and my stepson lives 45 minutes from downtown so free lodging. That assumes, of course, that I’m still ambulatory. At age 75, I don’t take such things for granted.

Covid will probably kill your stupidassss first. You on your 8th or 9th booster by now dumbass?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Once again a helpful comment by my own internet troll/ stalker. Thanks for your valuable contribution….

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dallas show in Atlanta.

WTF

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I will definitely go and most likely volunteer for the DSC 100

I'm sure that there will be plenty of attendees. The volunteers I think would be the biggest concern. I would imagine the committee chairs will make the trip, but many others won't be able to.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Dallas show in Atlanta.

WTF

With the convention center being demolished and then rebuilt, no place in the DFW area is large enough to use unless the show is downsized and exhibitors turned away. Since the convention is the financial lifeblood of DSC, it had to be moved somewhere….

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
In DSC's defense, I suspect they had to make a decision on where to have the show and could not wait on the city of Dallas and their issues with the demolition. They just can't wait until the last minute to make a change.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Once again a helpful comment by my own internet troll/ stalker. Thanks for your valuable contribution….

Tell us again you're not a liar, and how smart you are please. Your contributions are invaluable.

Sorry for the delayed response. Just saw this post. I leave in 4 days for the Caprivi via Doha, Joberg, and Kasane, then drive into Namibia. I and my wife( who has a PhD in nursing education) are vaccinated. As a retired physician, I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease. Granted, the mortality rate is low, but the hospitalization rate isn’t for unvaccinated people. 85-90 % of people in hospitals due to COVID are unvaccinated. Enough said.
)

The virus is now ubiquitous and will remain so forever. It isn’t going away. The days of worrying about travelers spreading it are gone. All one can do now if you want to travel outside the US is follow the rules, whether it is vax or testing prior to arrival. Right now you must have a negative Covid test to re-enter the US but that regulation is expected to be lifted in the near future. Brother Raider believes the vax does no good and is dangerous. Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

You can’t fix stupid.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Hot'lanta the “Chocolate City”. I would pass.

The San Coonfrisco of the South.

I was warned, but I am here anyway.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Tell us again you're not a liar, and how smart you are please. Your contributions are invaluable.

Sorry for the delayed response. Just saw this post. I leave in 4 days for the Caprivi via Doha, Joberg, and Kasane, then drive into Namibia. I and my wife( who has a PhD in nursing education) are vaccinated. As a retired physician, I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease. Granted, the mortality rate is low, but the hospitalization rate isn’t for unvaccinated people. 85-90 % of people in hospitals due to COVID are unvaccinated. Enough said.
)

The virus is now ubiquitous and will remain so forever. It isn’t going away. The days of worrying about travelers spreading it are gone. All one can do now if you want to travel outside the US is follow the rules, whether it is vax or testing prior to arrival. Right now you must have a negative Covid test to re-enter the US but that regulation is expected to be lifted in the near future. Brother Raider believes the vax does no good and is dangerous. Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

You can’t fix stupid.

Thanks again for a totally irrelevant response having nothing to do with the topic at hand. Now it’s time to call me a covtard. Your are unbelievably predictable…. Sort of like a pig at the feed trough.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yes, I'll go, It's about 3 hour drive for me.

I agree DSC belongs in Dallas, but would rather be in ATL temporarily than say, Chicago or Baltimore, or San Francisco..

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

)

You can’t fix stupid.

Thanks again for a totally irrelevant response having nothing to do with the topic at hand. Now it’s time to call me a covtard. Your are unbelievably predictable…. Sort of like a pig at the feed trough.

You are too.....a so called "doctor" that perpetuates false information.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No dog in this fight but seems Houston would have some convention space and a better alternative location, no???

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

463 members (1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 46 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,505
Posts18,472,278
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.