Home
Wish I did.....

I'd like a re-do on my August Zim leopard hunt. Would also like another crack at the Chiredzi kudu I burned after clipping a tree.

Come to think of it, there was an outstanding steenbok I passed up as well.

Guess I'll keep dreaming...
14 days in Namibia, Gemsbok, Kudu, Springbok, Hartmann's Zebra, Eland and whatever else I run into. I am hunting with Karl Stumpfe, Ndumo Safaris. My 300 Win. Mag. Hagn should be here in May or early June.

SS
Josh
I'm with you Dave. No trip this year, but the wife and I plan on being back in Namibia in 08.
Seems like an every-other-year deal for me, at best. Can't afford more frequent.

At least not without giving up some other stuff...
I've got a hunt in RSA and one in Zim(The Campfire Hunt)with different operators. Whether that counts as two hunts on one trip or two trips I don't know, but either way it should make for an interesting July. I'm thinking about counting it as two just to get my safari count up, I've got lots of catching up to do in this crowd.(Grin)
M70
I wish I could go back again this year, but unfortunately no...

Think I may put it off a little longer in favor of a Asian argali hunt for my next international hunt. Havta wait and see, tho'.
Going with wife and two daughters in August. Five days with Pieter Diedricks / Mabelingwane Safaris in the Grahamstown area for her waterbuck, gemsbok, ++? then another five with the Rudmans / Blaauwkrantz Safaris near Port Elizabeth, South Africa, for a big bushbuck, another kudu or maybe a mountain reedbuck at Springvale, Philip Dixie's place.

Decided it was time, and took a five year "loan" against 401k.

BNagel
not going until June of 2008, but that is getting closer all the time. going with Holstein in Namibia- Kudu, Gemsbok, Eland and Mtn Zebra are on the bag with possibly Springbok, Blesbuck and Blue Wildebeest. Right now, I am trying to decide on a doing a upping my hunt to a 10 Day hunt.

14 days in Namibia this July, 4 days touring (Etosha, etc.) and 10 days with Okatjura Safaris. My hope-to list includes Hartmann's zebra, kudu, eland, warthog, gemsbok, and one or two others....and emotional rest from what has been a hectic work year!

Gdv
I'm too buried with business projects this year to conduct a safari (and all that goes along with it), but for next year I have two safaris planned back-to-back to Zambia and Mozambique.

I try to get to Africa every year if I can, because every hunting season you miss over there is a year that you don't get back. The time to hunt African as much as you possibly can is right now, and the world is changing fast...........

AD
Much truth in that....
10 Days in RSA with my son in July. We are hunting near Kimberly and Upington for plains game with Nihan Engelbrecht of Huntergame Safari's. Our first ever non do-it-yourselfer. We are doing Pilansberg National park for two days first and hope to fit in a day of flyfishing in the middle.
Allen: Mozambique's a place a would dearly loved to hunt. That's where my uncle took me way back in the late 60s before the Portuguese left. he also hunted Angola.Who are you hunting with in Moz? jorge
Posted By: msc Re: Who Has A Trip Booked For 07? - 04/29/07
Have a buff/croc/hippo with plains game booked with Safaris de Mocambique late july early aug. My youngest (age 20) is going along to shoot some plains game.
I just got back...there's a thread on here already.

Martin and Model70Guy - did you get your DFAIT export permits yet? No one checked to see if I had one but I figured given all the givens that it was better safe than sorry.
South Africa again for plains game in June 07. I am going to make it a yearly thing unless I get tired of Africa,

not likely... grin
Originally Posted by BigUglyMan
I just got back...there's a thread on here already.

Martin and Model70Guy - did you get your DFAIT export permits yet? No one checked to see if I had one but I figured given all the givens that it was better safe than sorry.

I haven't got mine, the meeting service in RSA has my gun stuff though. How long did yours take to get?
I'm going the end of August to Zim. Actually, it's almost exactly 4 months away now. Going with my Dad and hunting with Safariman's outfit. Buff, Sable, Eland, & Kudu on the menu. It's my first trip and I can't wait!
Test
I'm headed to Tanzania in October for buff & whatever.
Martin

It took me about a week to get but that's because I learned of the whole thing at the last minute and got in touch with the guy in Ottawa. He seems like a good guy but you'll want to get the paperwork going ASAP. Did you see my thread on CGN in the hunting forum about it? It's got all the contact information you'll need.
Two friends and I leave on May 23 to hunt with JJ Hack for 7 days. It is our first trip.
BigUgly,

What is this "CGN" of which you write?

Jaywalker
I leave for Botswana in 2 or 3 weeks time or so and will be there for about 4 weeks. I'll be doing a Leopard hunt followed by one or possibly 2 PAC Elephant bull hunts and then a plains game hunt. Then I've got 2 or 3 days to get to Tanzania. The first 6 weeks will be spent in Masailand conducting 2 back to back 21 day hunts for cats as the primary quarry, then onto the Selous for the rest of the season. Some Buff hunts plus (I think) 3 Lion, Leopard and Elephant hunts. I've also got a 21 day hunt elsewhere in Tanzania for Roberts and EA Greater Kudu etc. Then I drive back to SA in time for for Christmas. I believe I have 2 or 3, 7 day periods free at the moment but hopefully two of them will be sold and the other 7 days I hope to be able to spend looking at properties in Dar es Salaam and/or Arusha as I'm sick to death on living in SA and want to move to East Africa.

All in all, it's gonna be a good season!
Kindly leave me a big waterbuck...my son and I,along with two of our hunting friends, leave June 2 07 to hunt 10 days with Jim...Good luck and a safe trip!
We may run into you, then. Our trip ends June 2! Our flight back is the 3rd. Are you staying at the Afton House after your arrival?
My son and I will be there the same time as you. I am really looking forward to this adventure........Will see ya in a month or so.
Yes, we are staying at the Afton House the night we arrive in Joberg..

Woodswalker...great, should be really big fun..we are excited!
Originally Posted by Jaywalker
BigUgly,

What is this "CGN" of which you write?

Jaywalker

www.canadiangunnutz.com
I'm going to Zim for buff and sable in late July.
Early August will find myself and another Campfire member in block L1, Selous of Tanzania hunting buff and PG.
Thanks, martinbns.

Jaywalker
Well it sounds like we'll have plenty of opportunity here at the Campfire to read stories and view photographs after you all return at the end of the season...jorge
I'll have to live vicariously through everyone elses Safari again this year. So be sure to post up your reports and pictures!

I'm seriously looking at Zim for '09 with either John Sharp or Barrie Duckworth for Leopard and Buff.
FO: Either PH is first class. Naturally my vote goes to john and given his success with cats over the last few years, I don't think you can go wrong.

As to this year, yes it will be great to see the pictures...but I'm sure the usual suspect will come up with one of his NINE excuses why he had to cancel at the last minute,doesn't know how to post pictures or doesn't due to privacy issues. It's as hard as herding CATS....jorge
Going in July to Zim with Safariman. Huntin Leopard, Buff and Sable. Thinking now of adding a Waterbuck or maybe a Eland.
Back to Namibia in July to hunt again with Boet Nel for plainsgame. Looking for a HUGE kudu, blue wildebeest, and whatever else may need to be killed.
Leaving May 13th for Zim. PAC elephant and Cape Buffalo are on the menu.
Leaving May 16th for a 10 day Plains game hunt in Namibia with Otjiruze. This will be my first time to Africa and hope to take the following game. Kudu, Oryx, Springbuc, Hardeebeast, Zebra, Warthog, Baboon, Jackel and a few birds.
The wife and I are heading to Namibia for a 10 day safari then 3-4 days of touring Etosha, then to South Africa for 14 days of hunting. This is my first trip and I can't hardly wait.
I'll be going to SA July 16 thru the 29th. Hunting with Jim Hackiewicz safari's with a PH of his Pieter Kriel. This will be my first adventure to Africa and I will be hunting Kudu, Bushbuck, Impala, Nyala and a warthog. I have gone ahead and booked a 21 day safari to Tanzania for 2009 for elephant, leopard, buffalo and a lesser Kudu. Hunting both masailand and the selous. A last hurrah before I retire.
Brother and I are headed for Windhoek Thursday for 8 days of hunting PG and a day at Etosha with Johann Veldsmann at www.shona-adventures.com. We have kudu, gemsbok, eland, warthog and Hartmann's zebra to sort through. We start hunting Sunday.
Calif, hunter
I am heading to Hunt with jjhack the same time see you at Afton House. Send me a pm or email we can compare notes.
thx
chris
Bill/Oregon I'll be interested in your report as Shona has contacted me about bookings for them. I'm planning on a trip there next July or August myself to check them out. As I understand it they are very adept at running a lodge as they had an eco tourist lodge but new to the hunting scene themselves.
have a great trip and send me a PM on your return.
Going to Zimbabwe for elephant in September, only my second trip to Africa. I figure I want to do the tough one before I get too old. Depending on what happens, I may try for hippo and croc, and plains game. Or, go back to RSA and shoot some animals I didn't get last time.

In 2008 or 2009 I'd like to go to Tanzania for buff, leopard, and maybe (fingers crossed) lion.
© 24hourcampfire