Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Wish I did.....

I'd like a re-do on my August Zim leopard hunt. Would also like another crack at the Chiredzi kudu I burned after clipping a tree.

Come to think of it, there was an outstanding steenbok I passed up as well.

Guess I'll keep dreaming...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
14 days in Namibia, Gemsbok, Kudu, Springbok, Hartmann's Zebra, Eland and whatever else I run into. I am hunting with Karl Stumpfe, Ndumo Safaris. My 300 Win. Mag. Hagn should be here in May or early June.

SS
Josh

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm with you Dave. No trip this year, but the wife and I plan on being back in Namibia in 08.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Seems like an every-other-year deal for me, at best. Can't afford more frequent.

At least not without giving up some other stuff...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've got a hunt in RSA and one in Zim(The Campfire Hunt)with different operators. Whether that counts as two hunts on one trip or two trips I don't know, but either way it should make for an interesting July. I'm thinking about counting it as two just to get my safari count up, I've got lots of catching up to do in this crowd.(Grin)
M70

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish I could go back again this year, but unfortunately no...

Think I may put it off a little longer in favor of a Asian argali hunt for my next international hunt. Havta wait and see, tho'.

An honest man's pillow, is his peace of mind... JM
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Going with wife and two daughters in August. Five days with Pieter Diedricks / Mabelingwane Safaris in the Grahamstown area for her waterbuck, gemsbok, ++? then another five with the Rudmans / Blaauwkrantz Safaris near Port Elizabeth, South Africa, for a big bushbuck, another kudu or maybe a mountain reedbuck at Springvale, Philip Dixie's place.

Decided it was time, and took a five year "loan" against 401k.

BNagel

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
not going until June of 2008, but that is getting closer all the time. going with Holstein in Namibia- Kudu, Gemsbok, Eland and Mtn Zebra are on the bag with possibly Springbok, Blesbuck and Blue Wildebeest. Right now, I am trying to decide on a doing a upping my hunt to a 10 Day hunt.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

14 days in Namibia this July, 4 days touring (Etosha, etc.) and 10 days with Okatjura Safaris. My hope-to list includes Hartmann's zebra, kudu, eland, warthog, gemsbok, and one or two others....and emotional rest from what has been a hectic work year!

Gdv

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm too buried with business projects this year to conduct a safari (and all that goes along with it), but for next year I have two safaris planned back-to-back to Zambia and Mozambique.

I try to get to Africa every year if I can, because every hunting season you miss over there is a year that you don't get back. The time to hunt African as much as you possibly can is right now, and the world is changing fast...........

AD

"The placing of the bullet is everything. The most powerful weapon made will not make up for lack of skill in marksmanship."

Colonel Townsend Whelen
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Much truth in that....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
10 Days in RSA with my son in July. We are hunting near Kimberly and Upington for plains game with Nihan Engelbrecht of Huntergame Safari's. Our first ever non do-it-yourselfer. We are doing Pilansberg National park for two days first and hope to fit in a day of flyfishing in the middle.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Allen: Mozambique's a place a would dearly loved to hunt. That's where my uncle took me way back in the late 60s before the Portuguese left. he also hunted Angola.Who are you hunting with in Moz? jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
msc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Have a buff/croc/hippo with plains game booked with Safaris de Mocambique late july early aug. My youngest (age 20) is going along to shoot some plains game.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just got back...there's a thread on here already.

Martin and Model70Guy - did you get your DFAIT export permits yet? No one checked to see if I had one but I figured given all the givens that it was better safe than sorry.

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
South Africa again for plains game in June 07. I am going to make it a yearly thing unless I get tired of Africa,

not likely... grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigUglyMan
I just got back...there's a thread on here already.

Martin and Model70Guy - did you get your DFAIT export permits yet? No one checked to see if I had one but I figured given all the givens that it was better safe than sorry.

I haven't got mine, the meeting service in RSA has my gun stuff though. How long did yours take to get?

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm going the end of August to Zim. Actually, it's almost exactly 4 months away now. Going with my Dad and hunting with Safariman's outfit. Buff, Sable, Eland, & Kudu on the menu. It's my first trip and I can't wait!
Test

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I'm headed to Tanzania in October for buff & whatever.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Martin

It took me about a week to get but that's because I learned of the whole thing at the last minute and got in touch with the guy in Ottawa. He seems like a good guy but you'll want to get the paperwork going ASAP. Did you see my thread on CGN in the hunting forum about it? It's got all the contact information you'll need.

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1eyedmule, 163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,621
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.