Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
After a semi good nights sleep and a few cups of coffee,me my PH Jacques and driver/tracker Jannie headed out on the cruiser looking for Zebra. The zebra here were very elusive and never stayed in one spot. We cut some fresh tracks and got off the cruiser and began tracking the zebras.Jannie was amazing to watch as we trailed the herd. He followed over ground I couldn't see any sign on.We followed the tracks for close to 3 hours but never could catch up to the herd.It was getting late in the morning so we headed back to the cruiser to head to camp for brunch.Along the way we spotted a group of impala 3 rams in the group and 1 was very nice so we planned a stalk around a kopee. we slowly reached the top and crawled into position.Jacques lowered the sticks and I got comfortable in a sitting position.we watched until the females cleared and the large ram presented a shot.Jacques said "he's at 244" I confirmed"yards right?" and he said "yes yards not meters"
I steadied the crosshairs and squeezed. They took off on a full run but the ram was on his last run he dropped after 75 yds it was a perfect heart shot!The ram measured a hair under 23"
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

More from day 2 to follow later...
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
Impala are beautiful aren't they?....always look like they were just brushed....very nice ram...thanks for the pics
Posted By: ingwe Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
Cool beans! Keep the reports coming!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
One is on safari and still checking in? You need to get a little further out there. I go fishing here in Oregon for 11 days and am out of touch for the duration.

Do love the looks of those impala. Shoot straight,
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
Dang! Looks like that country could pass for parts of West Texas! Beautiful impala.
Posted By: shotgun4fur Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Dang! Looks like that country could pass for parts of West Texas! Beautiful impala.

Looks alot like W Tx that I was in.

Congrats and keep it coming !!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
That's exactly what I told them looks like Texas
Posted By: ingwe Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
Dan!!! WAKE UP!!!

Post more stuff! laugh
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
Originally Posted by ingwe
Dan!!! WAKE UP!!!

Post more stuff! laugh
Wake up yourself crazy
More from day 2
Posted By: eh76 Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/27/12
Cool! grin
Posted By: isaac Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/28/12
Dan...Thanks for helping me relive my time in Africa. Good luck going back to work. 9 hours of your 10 hour work days will be all about thinking of ways to get back to Africa.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 09/29/12
Congrats!
Posted By: dadof4 Re: Day 2 on Safari . - 11/15/12
I just called my son over to show him the pictures and we agreed looked like where we hunt in West Texas. Really enjoying the stories and photos.
© 24hourcampfire