Home
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/every-atlanta-police-department-officer-to-receive-500-bonus

ATLANTA - Every officer of the Atlanta Police Department will receive a $500 bonus Thursday paid for by the Atlanta Police Foundation, the organization confirmed to FOX 5.

The bonus is a thank you for the work and long hours during the COVID-19 pandemic in addition to recent protests and demonstrations, the foundation told FOX 5.

"In an effort to stem attrition and boost morale, we issued a $500 bonus to each Atlanta Police Department officer today," the Atlanta Police Foundation released in a statement.

In addition to the $500 bonus, APF said it will be providing meals to officers working 12-hour shifts. It will also be repairing more than 20 patrol cars destroyed in the recent riots as well as police bicycles and UTV units.

The foundation said it was leading a strategy to build a framework for police reform, which it plans to present in the coming weeks to the mayor and City Council.

"The plan will reflect the ideas of a broad array of law enforcement, business, social justice, and community experts. It will identify standards of operational excellence and reflect best practices from successful public safety programs across the nation, including some of our own work in Atlanta," the APF statement continued.

The announcement of the bonus comes at a difficult time for APD. Fulton County prosecutors brought felony murder and other charges against the now ex-officer who shot Rayshard Brooks, saying that Brooks was not a deadly threat and that the officer kicked the wounded black man and offered no medical treatment for over two minutes as he lay dying on the ground. Another officer is being charged with aggravated assault.

City officials, including Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms have stated that morale in the department is at a low.

Atlanta’s police department reassured residents Thursday that it can still protect the city even though officers were calling out in larger numbers than normal, a day after prosecutors announced charges.

There had been reports that Atlanta police officers were walking off the job or calling in sick in protest of the charges against ex-officer Garrett Rolfe and officer Devin Brosnan. The APD said in a Tweet that it was experiencing a higher than usual number of officers calling out for their shifts but that, “We have enough resources to maintain operations & remain able to respond to incidents.”

The Atlanta Police Department is able to respond effectively to 911 calls. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have an emergency.

Atlanta's mayor said on CNN that many of the department’s partners had been notified just in case they needed to call others in but that “we are fine” (tonight) and that the true test would be on Thursday.

“If we have officers that don’t want bad officers weeded out the force then that’s another conversation we need to have,” Bottoms said.
I don’t think they’ll be bought that cheaply !
I hope not !
That's about 2 hours worth of lawyer.
Makes you wanna sing “Happy Days Are Here Again “, don’t it.
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
I don’t think they’ll be bought that cheaply !

That's what I'm thinking. I guess we'll see.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

you have cheap lawyers.
$500 less than $350 after taxes. Don’t spend it all in one place.
I would absolutely hate working in Atlanta
Originally Posted by sgt217

There will soon be lots of openings there and similar cities. "Progressive and Chocolate" cities should thrive w/ that productive tax base. I see a land boom west of the Mississippi.

mike r
"City officials, including Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms have stated that morale in the department is at a low."

No schit. And whose fault would that be?
Originally Posted by lvmiker

There will soon be lots of openings there and similar cities.

mike r

As much as I like to think that their stupid in reality it’s all part of the plan. Force the current law enforcement out and then rebuild it with the people that they want. Lots of commie leaning minorities and virtue signaling antifa types to act as their lapdogs. They’ve got the media, courts, politicians, and education system. Now they want the hand picked cops in their “reimagined law enforcement system”

Good luck calling the police (or having them called on us) when it’s LeKisha or antifa with a badge showing up at the door. Most of these commie pukes aren’t rocket scientists but they’re damn good at gaming the system.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

There will soon be lots of openings there and similar cities.

mike r

As much as I like to think that their stupid in reality it’s all part of the plan. Force the current law enforcement out and then rebuild it with the people that they want. Lots of commie leaning minorities and virtue signaling antifa types to act as their lapdogs. They’ve got the media, courts, politicians, and education system. Now they want the hand picked cops in their “reimagined law enforcement system”

Good luck calling the police (or having them called on us) when it’s LeKisha or antifa with a badge showing up at the door.

In another place and another time, they were called the KGB. Won't be much difference this time.

L.W.

There will soon be lots of openings there and similar cities. "Progressive and Chocolate" cities should thrive w/ that productive tax base. I see a land boom west of the Mississippi.

mike r

Best idea? Create a police force for every large democrat run city, staffed entirely with ni ne dar... blacks, and have it administered by a leadership team of que fa gs pole... homosexuals. I'm pretty darn sure I don't need to go to any of those places for the years I have left...

If we're gonna flush this grand experiment down the $h!tter, hell, let's make a "F"ing spectacle out of it... Have a laugh while it all burns down, and we have third world Toyota gun trucks as NYPD patrol cars in three months... I bet they turn native, declare themselves warlords of their Burroughs and cook and eat the queers in two months...
$500 isn't worth putting up with the inner city scum.
Politicians will pander to anyone who stands up to them.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Good luck calling the police (or having them called on us) when it’s LeKisha or antifa with a badge showing up at the door. Most of these commie pukes aren’t rocket scientists but they’re damn good at gaming the system.
That is 100% THE TRUTH!

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be an Atlanta cop, and I sure am not going to blame any that quit, but it will play out exactly as you say.
They could take back their city. Local tyrants are easy to find.
Atlanta. The new Chicago. I hope they laid in some body bags and refrigerated trucks.

kwg
Non workers get an extra $600 a week.

Bb
Originally Posted by Sprint11
"City officials, including Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms have stated that morale in the department is at a low."

No schit. And whose fault would that be?

She'll never take that blame.She will twist it up to "because of 1 bad apple"

$500...gee, that is generous of them.

Really...generous.
ya but the cop that shot that thug got 250k
Isn't the APF a not-for profit organization?

We shoulda been lowyers.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

We shoulda been lowyers.

Texas & Texas Defense Attorneys.

We have a 100% conviction rate...
I wouldn't go back for $5,000. How much is your dignity, life and sanity worth?
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
How much is your dignity, life and sanity worth?

A lot less than $500.
They don't want money, they want support from the City government.
Originally Posted by deflave

A lot less than $500.

grin

A lot less than $500.

Yeah, marriage does that to us. Bills must be paid.
Per ear?
Who the fugg is going to want to do this this job any longer?

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/kansas...or-shooting-suspect-pointing-gun-at-cop/
Isn't the APF a not-for profit organization?

If it is, they should give extra pay for not going to hell, I mean work.
Think poker.
© 24hourcampfire