Home
Posted By: FishinHank This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Yea, pretty good
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
His right knee came real close to a few rocks!
Posted By: Stix Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Guy is a idiot. Came real close to high siding himself.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
He can ride that's for sure!
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
He's run that road a few times before.
Posted By: Morewood Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Posted By: FishinHank Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Originally Posted by Stix
Guy is a idiot. Came real close to high siding himself.

He almost laid it down too. But he didn't. Life is short, you can be safe or live a life. Its his choice.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
His right knee came real close to a few rocks!

I knew a guy like that who pushed it to the limit, hitting trails hard in the woods. He would come up elk hunting in Co with 2 of his La buds. My brother knew them from an oil field service co. when he had worked off shore.

A couple years after he got his fishing tool business we went up to Co archery hunting and only two of the La guys showed up to camp by us.

Other one didnt come as he was still in the hospital from getting a leg taken off at the knee from hitting a tree.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Heck, I thought he was being chased by a cop.
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Mind you the guy on the bike doing the filming didn't appear to be stressing out too much, and he had to catch up HD guy after he passed him.

In an earlier life, me and my mates used to play boy racers on our Jap bikes - only recall getting overtaken by another bike once, but he was wallowing and loosing traction in the rear on every single corner. A little bit too hard core for us. This was about 35 years ago and HDs and even Ducatis were never a problem to leave behind - the Ducs had nice handling but were a bit weak in the engine department. HDs were too heavy and handled like an out of control water melon truck. My mate had a Katana 1100 and I had a GPZ1100B2. Towards the end of our biking days the Honda VF750 came out - that was a real game changer.
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Mind you the guy on the bike doing the filming didn't appear to be stressing out too much, and he had to catch up HD guy after he passed him.

In an earlier life, me and my mates used to play boy racers on our Jap bikes - only recall getting overtaken by another bike once, but he was wallowing and loosing traction in the rear on every single corner. A little bit too hard core for us. This was about 35 years ago and HDs and even Ducatis were never a problem to leave behind - the Ducs had nice handling but were a bit weak in the engine department. HDs were too heavy and handled like an out of control water melon truck. My mate had a Katana 1100 and I had a GPZ1100B2. Towards the end of our biking days the Honda VF750 came out - that was a real game changer.

Street bikes. This guy is on a Harley.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Originally Posted by FishinHank

Temporary American...but heck he can ride.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Mel taylor was one of the best

Suzuuuuuuuuuu kiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
The harley man was a fraction of an
inch from riding in an urn permanently

He just lucked out that time
Originally Posted by Ranger99
The harley man was a fraction of an
inch from riding in an urn permanently

He just lucked out that time

That's the point.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Organ donor
Organ donor

Let me guess

Missionary, every time

You should live a little.
Posted By: RayF Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Statistically, he’s more likely to die from getting hit by a cager.

42% of 2019 motorcycle fatalities were from cars being improperly operated (turns, etc).

33% were from motorcyclists speeding.

28% also involved alcohol, making the sober speeder 5% of the motorcycle fatalities.

Some people live. Others exist.
Posted By: RayF Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
.....I had a GPZ1100B2.

Beast of a bike. Comfortable, too.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
HILARIOUS "ride"!...................

Originally Posted by Big Stick

This aint no isle of mann. And its a harley
Posted By: Redneck Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
I saw that a couple years ago, IIRC, and yeah - THAT guy can ride!!!
Posted By: rem141r Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
looks like he's on an FXR. best handling bike harley made. i've scraped the pipes on mine a time or two.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
I must be the only one in the world that opened this expecting bucking horses.....
Posted By: deflave Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Birdwatcher should be along shortly so he can explain that he can keep pace with an R1 when he's riding a KLR.

That ain't no rider,but I rather enjoy the excuses.

Hint................
Posted By: benchman Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Most street bikes are actually capable of a lot more than a rider is willing to do, on the street. Fact is, you have uncertain surfaces, other riders/drivers, critters, you name it. It is not a controlled environment. Having explored the limits on a few bikes (dragged engine cases on a CB900F once) of varying capabilities, I can say my Harley Lowrider is capable, but limited by ground clearance and weight. Hard things hit. Suspension is soft, travel is short, too. Darn good, within those limitations though. I've also seen plenty of sport bikes in the weeds, too. Some times you make it, sometimes you don't. Honestly, the street is a good place to get hurt, when pushing the limits. Way too many variables, no matter what you ride.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
I’ve seen that before. That is a riding MF’er. . .
Posted By: Salmonella Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
The dude is pretty good, but most all play riders are brutally humbled when they set foot onto a real race track with real racers, regardless of the racing surface.
Brutally.
Posted By: shootAI Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I must be the only one in the world that opened this expecting bucking horses.....

😆👍🏻

That ain't no rider,but I rather enjoy the excuses.

Hint................

Haha, Put out your own video over there on POW on those roads then, since you seem so confident. I've been over there. Good luck there champ. Oh yeah, you gotta go balls to the walls too. The old scooter isn't gonna cut it.

I've been one of your biggest supporters and now you give me [bleep]?

GFY
Posted By: Huntz Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
My Kids VRod has a slipper clutch and he has rode it at Road America and can ride right along with Ducs and Beemers and KTM`s.That Dudes ass was all over that seat leaning he is no rookie.
Posted By: gunzo Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The dude is pretty good, but most all play riders are brutally humbled when they set foot onto a real race track with real racers, regardless of the racing surface.
Brutally.

In what venue does any everyday participant not get humbled when they go up against, or even watch a world class pro?
Fascinating,that she picks a poor rider and comes unfhuqking hinged,at her own Stupidity. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ari does just fine.

Hint.................

That's a [bleep] car on a different road.
Posted By: DMc Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Used to challenge physics on the turns, until I found a patch of wet leaves...
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20

DynaGlide? I have heard they are the best-handling Harley’s, whatever it is the guy obviously had made mods for ground clearance/lean angles.

Once you have the ability to lean, most any motorcycle will corner.

As noted, the guy on the sport bike ran with him pretty easy.

But...... Prob’ly for reasons of ego, he committed the cardinal sin of cornering, multiple times.

He rode faster than he could see.

Only a question of time......
Posted By: Theeck Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
The guy is a dope. It's a matter of time before things end badly if he keeps that up. Also, the guys on the crotch rockets had no problem tailing him. He needs a different bike if he wants to ride like that.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

DynaGlide? I have heard they are the best-handling Harley’s, whatever it is the guy obviously had made mods for ground clearance/lean angles.

But...... Prob’ly for reasons of ego, he committed the cardinal sin of cornering, multiple times.

I think your panties need to be changed.
Originally Posted by rem141r
looks like he's on an FXR. best handling bike harley made. i've scraped the pipes on mine a time or two.

He was riding a Sportster,XL,XR.
Posted By: Farming Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20

Like you I was expecting some kind of stock
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20

grin

Dude, I didn't own a car until age 44, I got 250,000 miles on motorcycles, 100+mph was frequent, I used to scrape pegs all the time.

I'm also still alive and not a cripple.

Riding faster than you can see; its easy to do, its the motorcycle equivalent of closing your eyes and running a red light

I know two people on sport bikes who t-boned cows that way, another guy on a Sportster hit a trailer home being towed and split his pelvis on the steering stem. A good friend of mine did it in two dimensions; topped a rise at 80 and there was a herd of cattle in the road, somehow stayed upright but lost a hard luggage off of his beemer when it hit a cow's head.

I've done it twice. first time topped a rise at 90 across an open area on a backroad to find an umarked 30mph curve, I prob'ly was doing sixty when I left pavement, no helmet. Got lucky, slid a long way in tall grass next to the bike, bike was in worse shape then me. Second time in the Texas Hill Country, not raining where I was but I topped a steep sided drainage doing eighty, the dip was flooded, maybe 18" deep thirty yards across. Fortunately I was on a tall, skinny KLR, RRRRIIIIIIIPPPPPP!!!!! and a bit of waffling in the front end and I was across, prob'ly woulda planed and lost it on anything with a fairing.

So.... go ahead and get at it ya pu$$y grin
Posted By: Salmonella Re: This guy can ride! - 06/19/20
Originally Posted by gunzo
Brutally.

In what venue does any everyday participant not get humbled when they go up against, or even watch a world class pro?

Im talking local amateur events.
The level of skill that the professionals have must be seen in person to believed....nearly superhuman.
There are incredibly skilled riders at local level events across this country....from advanced novice riders ti the expert classes.
Guys wih many years pf intense competition under their belts that would do a fantastic job of embarrassing most of the idiots that risk their lives and the lives of innocent people doing stupid schhitt on the streets.

grin

Dude, I didn't own a car until age 44, I got 250,000 miles on motorcycles, 100+mph was frequent, I used to scrape pegs all the time.

I'm also still alive and not a cripple.

Riding faster than you can see; its easy to do, its the motorcycle equivalent of closing your eyes and running a red light

I know two people on sport bikes who t-boned cows that way, another guy on a Sportster hit a trailer home being towed and split his pelvis on the steering stem. A good friend of mine did it in two dimensions; topped a rise at 80 and there was a herd of cattle in the road, somehow stayed upright but lost a hard luggage off of his beemer when it hit a cow's head.

I've done it twice. first time topped a rise at 90 across an open area on a backroad to find an umarked 30mph curve, I prob'ly was doing sixty when I left pavement, no helmet. Got lucky, slid a long way in tall grass next to the bike, bike was in worse shape then me. Second time in the Texas Hill Country, not raining where I was but I topped a steep sided drainage doing eighty, the dip was flooded, maybe 18" deep thirty yards across. Fortunately I was on a tall, skinny KLR, RRRRIIIIIIIPPPPPP!!!!! and a bit of waffling in the front end and I was across, prob'ly woulda planed and lost it on anything with a fairing.

So.... go ahead and get at it ya pu$$y grin

Such a badass! I would be green with envy if I cared.

But I don't

At all.
Posted By: gunzo Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Everyday participant = amateur.

I get it.

FWIW, it is a Dyna, not a Sporty. Dyna LR, SG or SGS not sure. Frame the beginning of the vid. Lowered rear, possibly extended front. Aftermarket brakes, maybe. A 2 into 1 header. A crazy, maybe, lucky maybe, but a talented rider pushing the envelope of the platform as a zillion before him.
Could he have done it better/faster with a crotch rocket? Well duh! of course he could. But he chose to do it with a platform that not just any superbike Mike could handle.

Same with long range rifles, 5 grand & an app might get momma's boy to 1500 or so. But ole Leroy spanks them with a box stock & Leroy's lucky.

Guess what, Leroy ain't lucky, he worked at it.
I stand corrected.When the HD rider made his first pass by the videographer,I thought I saw the belt pulley on the right side of the frame.Further on in the video it became clear the belt drive was on the left side.Dyna it is.
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
His day will come.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
I had a 99 Dyna Low Rider that was a lot faster than a smart man should go. Especially in DC beltway traffic. I was lucky to have survived that.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
His day will come.

Definitely, but looking at that vid I would be willing to bet he skids into it with shit flying everywhere whilst laughing maniacally.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
I read an article a while ago that went into detail about the things that the Moto GP riders did to go fast. There's all kinds of things going on that aren't evident to the observer. Those that can master the little things are the ones that set themselves apart from the pack.

Moto GP bikes are ridiculously light and powerful,..350 pounds, 240 horsepower. One has to be a "born" motorcycle racer to even come close to taking one of those machines to its potential.
Posted By: 358wsm Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Organ donor

Let me guess

Missionary, every time

Lol.!

I'd never heard that one before, Hank. Pretty funny line I might have to borrow it.

Great video too, I really dug it.
Posted By: Theeck Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Would someone explain to me the appeal of Harleys and that type of motorcycle. If the sports bikes are faster and more maneuverable, why a Harley? Is it an issue of comfort?
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Originally Posted by Theeck
Would someone explain to me the appeal of Harleys and that type of motorcycle. If the sports bikes are faster and more maneuverable, why a Harley? Is it an issue of comfort?

That's what I was thinking. In my biking days the HD riders used to give us crap for thrilling out on going fast through the twisties on our jap-crap. They said it was more about comfort, looking good and sounding good. To try and ride a HD quickly on a windy road had the rider looking like a demented ape thrashing around in his seat to control the bike.

Then again ground clearance wasn't as good then and grinding the fold back footpegs was the norm. Some bikes still had fixed foot pegs and I think all the HDs did. Fixed foot pegs stopped you using the whole tyre.
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Originally Posted by RayF
.....I had a GPZ1100B2.

Beast of a bike. Comfortable, too.

My mates Katana had the edge in power though. He weighted 20kg more than me and in a straight line drag up to 210kph he got a couple of bike lengths on me.
Posted By: benchman Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20

That's what I was thinking. In my biking days the HD riders used to give us crap for thrilling out on going fast through the twisties on our jap-crap. They said it was more about comfort, looking good and sounding good. To try and ride a HD quickly on a windy road had the rider looking like a demented ape thrashing around in his seat to control the bike.

Then again ground clearance wasn't as good then and grinding the fold back footpegs was the norm. Some bikes still had fixed foot pegs and I think all the HDs did. Fixed foot pegs stopped you using the whole tyre.

My nearly 700 pound Lowrider handles very lightly, though the geometry is slow. Clearance can be worth paying attention to, but it is hardly difficult to hustle around. Doesn't really do anything to get you puckering. I rode sport bikes for many years, and they are fun, but you have to go 100 to feel them. The Harley is entertaining even at low speeds. Pretty retro feeling, without wrenching on it every 25 miles. Most people who don't like Harleys, have never ridden one. They aren't the end all, but neither is anything else. Pretty well engineered for fulfilling the intended mission...
Posted By: MARCEL Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
I bet he's rode that same section of hwy 1k x to get that video lol
Posted By: Salmonella Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Originally Posted by gunzo
Everyday participant = amateur.

Comparing everyday street riders to hard core racing competitors is laughable.

My experience came from 10 years of motocross racing and many more years of riding prior.
If you aren't getting paid to ride a bike, youre an amateur.
Doesn't mean you aren't highly skilled....it's just the definition of the word.
Go to an amateur racing event.
Put on your helmet and enter the expert class, since you take such offense to the term.
Get back to us with the results.
Posted By: gunzo Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
I wasn't taking offense to any term.

I was merely trying to say I understand that, your words "most all play riders are brutally humbled when they set foot on a real race track with real racers" but you didn't catch that.

So... I'll just say what I meant...... no chit Sherlock.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Such a badass! I would be green with envy if I cared.

But I don't

At all.

Perhaps you ain't ridden motorcycles along winding roads at speeds far over the legal limit very much smile
Originally Posted by JSTUART
His day will come.

Definitely, but looking at that vid I would be willing to bet he skids into it with shit flying everywhere whilst laughing maniacally.

The one time I went off the outside of a 30mph curve at 60 I'll admit it was fun.

I have read every pilot about to crash says "oh sh$t", I did too,then a moment of really rough riding, then sliding in tall grass next to the bike, no helmet, leather jacket, blue jeans, Doc Marten's on my feet. Got up, long grass sticking out everywhere. It was fun, like getting knocked over in football (or rugby in Australia). On the motorcycle the handlebars were pointed 45 degrees off of the direction of travel, turn signals, windshield broken, and I had crushed in the gas tank on both sides with my knees (no bruising on my knees, no idea how I did that). So ya, you could go out laughing if it was instantly fatal.

Problem is when it ain't.

Good friend of mine, after 35 years of trouble free riding, in a moment's inattention finally got taken out by that old lady turning left ( his wife was following him in their car and he was looking in his mirrors). Hit the right front quarterpanel, left side of bike slammed up against side of car, buddy, wearing full protective gear, went across the hood, landed in the road. Woulda been unhurt except his left foot got trapped for a microsecond between car and bike.

Complete compound fracture of tibia and fibula just above the ankle, spiral fracture of femur. They had to do an incision from thigh to ankle or else the swelling woulda cut off the circulation. Six months of agony, he was just lucky his boss kept his position open at work and he had good insurance. Six months unable to work followed by chronic pain and now a leg so fragile he's gotta worry every time he steps off a curb. If he breaks it again there ain't enough bone left in the ankle for another screw, he'd be looking at amputation.

I ain't spoken to split pelvis guy in years, but I heard they bolted it back together, I doubt it was fun.

So there IS a downside.

Posted By: joken2 Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20

His day will come.

The one time I went off the outside of a 30mph curve at 60 I'll admit it was fun.

I have read every pilot about to crash says "oh sh$t", I did too,then a moment of really rough riding, then sliding in tall grass next to the bike, no helmet, leather jacket, blue jeans, Doc Marten's on my feet. Got up, long grass sticking out everywhere. It was fun, like getting knocked over in football (or rugby in Australia). On the motorcycle the handlebars were pointed 45 degrees off of the direction of travel, turn signals, windshield broken, and I had crushed in the gas tank on both sides with my knees (no bruising on my knees, no idea how I did that). So ya, you could go out laughing if it was instantly fatal.

Problem is when it ain't.

Good friend of mine, after 35 years of trouble free riding, in a moment's inattention finally got taken out by that old lady turning left ( his wife was following him in their car and he was looking in his mirrors). Hit the right front quarterpanel, left side of bike slammed up against side of car, buddy, wearing full protective gear, went across the hood, landed in the road. Woulda been unhurt except his left foot got trapped for a microsecond between car and bike.

Complete compound fracture of tibia and fibula just above the ankle, spiral fracture of femur. They had to do an incision from thigh to ankle or else the swelling woulda cut off the circulation. Six months of agony, he was just lucky his boss kept his position open at work and he had good insurance. Six months unable to work followed by chronic pain and now a leg so fragile he's gotta worry every time he steps off a curb. If he breaks it again there ain't enough bone left in the ankle for another screw, he'd be looking at amputation.

I ain't spoken to split pelvis guy in years, but I heard they bolted it back together, I doubt it was fun.

So there IS a downside.

Just this past week a local young man riding a motorcycle on a major U.S. highway here attempted to pass a 1 ton pickup truck that happened to be turning left at the same time. Young man's obituary and tributes sounded like he was probably a real nice person. Not wearing helmet -- coroner said he most likely died instantly.

Back in the late '50s watched a man riding a big Harley lay it over and slide it and himself on a blacktop residential street and finally jumped the curb landing on the front lawn of a house. He apparently didn't realize the street he was on was a dead end street when he fired it up. Long, straight no traffic street that ended and "T-d" into a cross street. He lived, got up and sat back down on the curb but with what I'm sure had to be some very painful, raw, bloody road rash reminders, embedded with sand, dirt, etc., all down that side of his body. Shredded the jeans and shirt he was wearing.
His day will come.

Just once?,....and why did you go on the outside?
A long banked entrance ramp to the Interstate near here was one of my favorite places to twist the wick on my Dyna. It's about 250 yards long,...big sweeping banked curve.

Wind it out in 2nd, then bang 3rd while going down it and the rear end would kick sideways about 6 inches. Enter the interstate doing 85 leaned off about 30 degrees. It wasn't particularly challenging. It was just fun.
Besides,...seeing an old geezer in overalls with his hat turned around backwards hitting I-75 at 30 degrees doing 85 on a Dyna let all the Michigan yankees headed to Florida know they were in Kentucky.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Just once?,.

Ya, I'm a fast learner, or was. Motorcycle riding teaches you to have your head on a swivel and to always be aware of the worst thing that can happen.

Even if you ain't riding faster than you can see (the usual error once you get past the fear stage and start to feel comfortable on a bike) any motorcycle rider has numerous stories they can tell of near things where they could have gone down hard.

All that being true, me and my buddies routinely rode fast and cornered hard, actively looked for winding backroads in fact. Triple digits were common on the straights... where we could see.

...and why did you go on the outside?

??

Because when I topped the rise the road suddenly went real hard to the left?

If I have to tell you...you wouldn’t understand.
Posted By: greydog Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
I strongly suspect that video was staged. The guy was very familiar with that stretch of road and is a too-skilled rider. His use of "hanging off" to compensate for the bike's lack of clearance shows some ability beyond the average rider.
On unfamiliar road, nobody can ride at 100% because they have to have a bit of cushion for the unexpected. If not, they'll be going off road at some point.
As far as the comparison of street racers to real racers is concerned, it's a whole different environment. Even within racing disciplines there are huge differences in strengths and weaknesses. ISDT riders have different skill sets than motocross racers though there is certainly some overlap. Desert racers see things differently the oval track racers.
Even within a given discipline, riders have strengths and weaknesses. Conditioning and the ability to maintain concentration often makes the difference.
In the end, regardless of his background or identity, the guy can ride. GD
I've been riding bikes most of my adult life,...many different kinds. I don't know what the appeal of a Harley is to others. But I bought a Dyna because I wanted a long, rangy bike that I could stretch out on. It didn't have to be a Harley. I also looked at a Yamaha Warrior for the same reason. I could have been happy with either.
Posted By: aalf Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Originally Posted by Bobmar

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Guy can ride, that road is usually packed with guys trying to burn it down. The riders sure rely on there was no landslide on turns. The remaining sand would make it real interesting.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20
Originally Posted by 358wsm
Organ donor

Let me guess

Missionary, every time

Lol.!

I'd never heard that one before, Hank. Pretty funny line I might have to borrow it.

Great video too, I really dug it.

Even I can be funny once in a while
Posted By: RayF Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20

I believe it’s something to do with where and when a guy grows up. I didn’t know a kid that wouldn’t freeze in his tracks and stare at a Harley (or two) getting on it. I’ve owned all kinds of bikes. Many were faster and more reliable, but I’m on my 3rd Harley (02 Road Glide) now and I‘ll never get rid of it.

That’s not to say I won’t ever buy another ricer. As a matter of fact, I tell everyone that asks if they should get a Harley to not do so. Sort of cliche, but if you haven’t known you wanted a Harley for a while, you should probably get another bike that makes more sense.
I’d agree with Ray on just about all of his points. The difference is, I’m riding an 04 Road King Custom that I bought new. I’ll probably keep it forever too. Fortunately, I’ve been lucky with my Harleys. I’ve owned four and none have ever let me down. The dependability issue has not been a problem for me. I have had Honda trouble years ago. Ride what you like, but nothing turns heads like a Harley.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: This guy can ride! - 06/20/20

No, there's 2 of us. Bulls also, flitted through my mind.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: This guy can ride! - 06/21/20
Brought back memories of riding the Dragon in TN/NC. Thought I was pushing the limit until a dude on a sport bike passed me in a curve with one hand behind his back.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: This guy can ride! - 06/21/20
Originally Posted by kenoh2
Brought back memories of riding the Dragon in TN/NC. Thought I was pushing the limit until a dude on a sport bike passed me in a curve with one hand behind his back.

Me and my brother had the exact same experience on that road grin passed us in a tight curve like we were standing still.

Might be the same guy.m, this was ten years ago.
Posted By: RDW Re: This guy can ride! - 07/01/20
This should get Nancy stirred up...

Posted By: Theeck Re: This guy can ride! - 07/01/20
Originally Posted by aalf

Yeah, I guess I just don't get it. Some of them look cool and comfortable. For me, I am just not drawn to a bike that is that big and heavy. I guess comfort, power and stability are their strengths. Sport bikes are faster and more maneuverable but probably less comfortable. Personally, I like dirt bikes and the lighter they are, the better in my opinion. If I wasn't a financial failure, I would have a nice Husqvarna 2 stroke enduro. I do think some of the road bikes look cool though. Maybe I'll come around as I age.

I grew up in an area that was loaded with outlaw bikers in the 70s and 80s - mostly Pagans and Warlocks. In fact, 2 that went to the same high school as me (many years before) became notorious killers. When I was a little kid, I was terrified of the bikers. They would roll down the streets with insanely loud bikes in a menacing way. As I grew up, I realized that most bikers are actually just role playing. There are still some 1%ers around but not in great numbers. Most of them are senior citizens or close to it.
Posted By: benchman Re: This guy can ride! - 07/01/20
Originally Posted by aalf

Yeah, I guess I just don't get it. Some of them look cool and comfortable. For me, I am just not drawn to a bike that is that big and heavy. I guess comfort, power and stability are their strengths. Sport bikes are faster and more maneuverable but probably less comfortable. Personally, I like dirt bikes and the lighter they are, the better in my opinion. If I wasn't a financial failure, I would have a nice Husqvarna 2 stroke enduro. I do think some of the road bikes look cool though. Maybe I'll come around as I age.

I grew up in an area that was loaded with outlaw bikers in the 70s and 80s - mostly Pagans and Warlocks. In fact, 2 that went to the same high school as me (many years before) became notorious killers. When I was a little kid, I was terrified of the bikers. They would roll down the streets with insanely loud bikes in a menacing way. As I grew up, I realized that most bikers are actually just role playing. There are still some 1%ers around but not in great numbers. Most of them are senior citizens or close to it.

Honestly, the Harley's are antiques that work good. At least in feel. Thoroughly modern, a bit quirky, but an old bike feel. Just the same, a guy in the 50's would think it was a rocketship with unbelievable power, ride, and reliability. They are a LOT better than the old stuff. Wouldn't mind having a sport bike, just that I'm poor, and my brains are the winner over my balls, when I see a twisty road. Still, they are fun. Just have to go 100 to start having that fun.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: This guy can ride! - 07/01/20
Frankly, that guy was an artist. I would be very surprised if he hadn't raced in the past. He's definitely done track days before. For us mortals, having the ass end step out can be enough to scare us into exercising a bit more caution. He jumped right back on it with no hesitation. He's recovered a loose back end before without question.

I enjoyed that!
Posted By: ironbender Re: This guy can ride! - 07/01/20
Originally Posted by Farming

Same.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: This guy can ride! - 07/01/20
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Farming

Same.

I was expecting spandex.
Posted By: Starman Re: This guy can ride! - 07/01/20
Brutally.

same with stunt drivers like Ken Block,
who hadnt a chance in hell against
Sebastián Loeb on WRC course.

First time Loeb competed in Pike's Peak,
he obliterated the record of 9.46 with 8.14
© 24hourcampfire