Home
Posted By: GreatWaputi Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
The best ice cream and my favorite flavor:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WAM Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Great stuff!
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
The best ice cream and yogurt! Have to agree with you on that flavor as well. They have some ice cream sandwiches that are amazing as well!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Its the only brand I can find here without high fructose corn syrup
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
bing cherry is my fav
Posted By: 4xbear Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Their marionberry pie is very good. Try their Mountain Huckleberry as well.
Posted By: Lennie Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Tillamook produces the very best ice creams I have ever eaten
Posted By: AZmark Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Dont get that brand around here but it sounds good. I made ice cream yesterday for kids and grandkids for our fathers day get together. Home made is always the best. Here's a pic of my grandkids, they thought the ice cream maker was going to be loud.

Attached picture icecream.jpg
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Oregon Strawberry. Mountain Huckleberry. Tillamook definitely tastes better than it smells. LOL
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Been getting their cheese around here for a while now. Finally found some mudslide ice cream yesterday and had my first bowl a few minutes ago. Sure hope we keep getting it! Dammit man... grin
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
wasn’t he the mayor of DC that got caught smoking crack? Marion berry
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
We can get Tillamook butter and cheese but I’ve never seen their ice cream. How does it compare to Haggen Daz? Can’t imagine it would beat it. I’ve never found anything better, or that even comes close, but I’ll give it a shot if I can find it somewhere. . .
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Umpqua ice cream is also good IMO.

Tilamook extra sharp cheddar cheese is da bomb!
Posted By: EdM Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by Lennie
Tillamook produces the very best ice creams I have ever eaten

Yep and their sharp cheddar works as well. Stomps Blue Bell.
Posted By: antlers Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
With hookers. On tape...!
Posted By: antlers Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by antlers
With hookers. On tape...!
Got re-elected after he got out of prison...!

lol
Posted By: denton Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Love them all, but white chocolate raspberry takes the prize for me.

When we lived in Oregon, we'd hit the ice cream store in Tillamook. Big treat.
black label

Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar.. 15+ Months

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Now take a cup of coffee and drop a scoop of that on top tomorrow morning. Tell me if that don't beat what comes out of the machines at sheets.
And if any troll comes on here and says that's gay, so help me,.....

Good movie to watch while pouring a cup. Put a scoop of that on there while your at it.

☕ 😐

Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Umpqua ice cream is also good IMO.

Yes, very good. Their chocolate milk is the best ever.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Animal fat in the diet does not cause heart disease, carbohydrates do.

We have been lied to for decades.

Still, if my daughter gets married, I will have a sip of champagne and a bite of ice cream and cake.

Other than that, I am done being fat, and done with being a heart attack candidate.

I quit carbs and bought skinny clothes.
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Still, if my daughter gets married, I will have a sip of champagne and a bite of ice cream and cake.

Other than that, I am done being fat, and done with being a heart attack candidate.

Amen Clarkm!
I wish more would realize that.
Your daughter is very fortunate.
Posted By: FoxTrotter Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
I just went to the store to buy more.

My favorite is Oregon Hazelnut & Salted Caramel.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
black label

Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar.. 15+ Months

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Their 2 year aged sharp white cheddar is even better. They have it at costco around here.

I like their ice cream but some flavors have a weird taste and their chocolate tastes bitter to me. I like their hazel nut carmel one. Reeds dairy ice cream from idaho falls is significantly better but $8 a half gallon. As far as typical store brands go though Tillamook is near the top. Another oregon brand called umpqua or something like that is good too.

We had a condo near Newport at Otter rock and everytime we spent a week there we'd take a day and make the trip to Tillamook. The kids would make about 3 passes through the cheese sample line and then I'd buy them ice cream.

Bb
Posted By: Morewood Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Enjoyed the Tillamook factory tour several years ago. Good ice cream, but as mentioned above, their aged sharp white cheddar is excellent.

I didn't intend to eat the whole thing tonight, saved half for tomorrow. Buzzkill....🤣
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I didn't intend to eat the whole thing tonight, saved half for tomorrow. Buzzkill....🤣

I'm pretty sure ice cream stays on permanent like, or even hits a little heavier than it's weight class somehow! Gotta resist!
Posted By: Sheister Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Not sure if they still make it any more, but they used to make a Strawberry Cheesecake that was reputed to have 18% milkfat. It was like having a drug you have no defense against. And they used Oregon Strawberries, which IMO are the best there are anywhere...
But I can eat about anything they make, including most of their cheese without complaint.....
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
There cheeses are out of this world, I'd sure try their ice cream too, but it's not around here. I suppose the support all manner of left wing BS, I wonder when they'll out themselves and I'm back to Edys and Kraft or something? Why can't companies just SELL stuff anymore?
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Never seen before but would give it a shot....
They also seal the lid so the #$%^& ice cream lickers can't open it in the store. Meadow Gold and some other major brands don't do that.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Been eating their cheese for many years. Tried the ice cream and it’s also terrific.
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
There cheeses are out of this world, I'd sure try their ice cream too, but it's not around here. I suppose the support all manner of left wing BS, I wonder when they'll out themselves and I'm back to Edys and Kraft or something? Why can't companies just SELL stuff anymore?

Why left wing? I don't know, maybe you're right? It's the Tillamook County Creamery Association. Yes, it's a company. Are dairy farmers generally leftists though? Is Tillamook County Oregon, Tillamook and Boardman, towns in Oregon, leftist hotspots? I'll help a bit, no they're hicks and rednecks.

https://www.tillamook.com/our-story.html

They do have a racial justice note posted by their CEO. .

Butter, awesome yogurt and sour cream too. Just food for thought.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
I have never seen it around here.

We have a local company called Graeters. French Pot ice cream. Amazing stuff.
Tillamook, OR is outside the radical left wing Portland-Eugene corridor that controls the state. I don't know about the company's politics.
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

Why left wing? I don't know, maybe you're right? It's the Tillamook County Creamery Association. Yes, it's a company. Are dairy farmers generally leftists though? Is Tillamook County Oregon, Tillamook and Boardman, towns in Oregon, leftist hotspots? I'll help a bit, no they're hicks and rednecks.

https://www.tillamook.com/our-story.html

They do have a racial justice note posted by their CEO. .

Butter, awesome yogurt and sour cream too. Just food for thought.

I'm just tired of supporting overtly liberal corporate CEOs with a social justice axe to grind. I'd prefer to deal with a company that is conservative, or neutral, or at least keeps their self-righteous damn opinions to themselves and just takes my money. I do understand, in Amerika, in 2020, that's often asking way too much...
This is on Tillamook Creamery's web site. From their CEO:
LINK

The past few weeks have saddened me deeply. The senseless deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and too many others have brought needed focus to the fact that systemic and structural racism exists, and it has to end.

We chose to be silent yesterday on our social channels in the spirit of getting out of the way of those who should be heard and we will continue to be silent until June 7th. As the leader of Tillamook, I have reflected on how our company can put the eradication of racism more central in our daily thoughts, words and actions. If you’d like to learn more about some of the ways we’re moving forward at Tillamook, I invite you to review this note that I shared with all of our team members this past Monday morning.

We are doubling down on our commitment to fostering an inclusive workplace where employees feel their voices are heard and that they matter to us. And we will keep prioritizing our work on raising our collective awareness through educating, acknowledging and speaking up when we see words or actions that are inconsistent with fostering an inclusive culture. We will also support the work done by organizations that are on the front lines of standing against racism and supporting change.

We speak publicly today to join the growing chorus of voices calling for an end to pervasive and systemic racism and because I feel that by expressing ourselves publicly we commit ourselves to greater accountability for playing a role in helping to bring about needed change in our society. We don’t pretend to have any special wisdom in these matters, but racism so profoundly violates our values and the core tenets of our culture at Tillamook that we will continue to learn and take action.

We must all do much more to root out racism, intolerance and injustice in our society. It is my hope that these tragic deaths will serve as a catalyst to accelerate the critical work we all know must get done. Racism must end and we at Tillamook will do our part.

Patrick Criteser, president & CEO of Tillamook County Creamery Association
So, the CEO does the CEO thing.

Does TCCA support all manner of left-wing BS? Anyone? Like I said, I don't know. Dairy farmers aren't exactly Antifa.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Now take a cup of coffee and drop a scoop of that on top tomorrow morning. Tell me if that don't beat what comes out of the machines at sheets.

Good movie to watch while pouring a cup. Put a scoop of that on there while your at it.

☕ 😐

Here's one you might like.....

Lighten up, friend. This board, and especially this forum, has a locker room atmosphere. People are gonna fugg with you. If they realize it gets to you, they're really gonna fugg with you.
Posted By: deflave Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20

☕ 😐

You should change your handle to The Gay Camper.

It has the same meaning.

Sorta.
Posted By: RicG Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Best ice cream I've ever had. So creamy!!!
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Haven't seen that brand of ice cream in Georgia, but I'll keep my eyes open because I have no plans on dieing skinny.
Someone mentioned Umpqua Ice cream, also made in Oregon. It's another good one, similar to Tillamook but priced a little lower and also with no high fructose corn syrup. It's readily available here but I don't think it's nearly as widespread as Tillamook.

Just info...

They donated to the OSU food Sci department in 2018, dairy products research facility.

Ohh chit, 4 million to the Covid relief! Yikes.

Some others like food banks, oh and those little heathens at 4H. (joking)

"In 2018, the Tillamook County Creamery Association earned a national Outstanding Community Impact Award. It’s donations to the Oregon Food Bank included funds, food, a delivery truck, and funding for research aimed to end hunger."
We chose to be silent yesterday on our social channels in the spirit of getting out of the way of those who should be heard and we will continue to be silent until June 7th.

Translation:

"We're staying out of this until we can figure out a way to simultaneously make money out of the opportunity while avoiding stepping on our collective dicks by saying the wrong thing."
LOL
Posted By: SeanD Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Umpqua is better.
Buncha fuggn retards. Can't even have an ice cream thread without it turning political. Seriously, don't you fuggers ever get tired of it?

It's not like there's 2,000 other threads you can join.
You could just as easily say, "Fuggers can't even sell ice cream without getting political about it." Every time I turn on the tv, I gotta endure a bunch of scolding by virtue-signaling SOBs over my alleged racism before I can watch my squirrel-launching videos . I'm sick and fugging tired of it. All they're doing is playing CYA for the masses.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
This is great ice cream. The local Food City recently began stocking it.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Never heard of Tillamook.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Buncha fuggn retards. Can't even have an ice cream thread without it turning political. Seriously, don't you fuggers ever get tired of it?

It's not like there's 2,000 other threads you can join.

Someone brings it up, it gets addressed, it's a discussion forum.

Tillamook is good stuff. Those dairy farmers are good folks.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Systemic racism? Really? If it was so systemic, why or how was Obummer elected?

And how many here would vote for, say, Allen West, or thing Clarence Thomas is a super Supremo? Even Condi Rice, although sometimes I suspect she's a RINO?

That all said, Tillamook and Umpqua dairies are staples in the Pacific Northwest. Great stuff.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Where is “the local food city” ?

I’d like to try it.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
Fugg em all ( lactose intolerant ).
Beer is pretty good though
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20

I'll never forget the first time I had some Häagen-Dazs Coffee ice cream. Mom had some stashed in the freezer. Good stuff.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/22/20
I don't know if they still make it or not but they had a black licorice flavor that was most excellent. The huckleberry flavor is dang good too!
I used to produce ice cream for an old dairy plant In West Virginia. Did everything from commercial plumbing, repair and maintenance of the machines, come up with new flavors, special mixes and sell directly to the public.

What made our operations unique were that our ice cream was Classified premium and Super premium. That is based primarily on the fat content.
For instance, Bryers is considered Premium.
Ben and Jerry, Hagen Daz is classified as an Ultra Premium I've cream due to the higher milk fat ( more cream) content alone. Those were the industry standards.

Within those categories are varying quality factors.
Most all, including the ones mentioned have cheap high Mercury content high fructose corn syrup mixed with the sugar. That Mercury hort circuits the brain..
The high fructose corn syrup also causes type 2 &3 diabetes... Especially easy when deficient in certain minerals.
We only used pure sugar in ours. Simple ingredients.
Nothing that you can't pronounce. Nothing that you wouldn't feed your child. Super delicious!!!

Hold on. Are you still with me?
We produced more flavors than Baskin Robbins!
They were the famous ice cream shop that had super expensive, tasty ice cream known for 36 flavors. Corn syrup ice cream unfortunately.

It changed depending on our work load and imagination, but we were consistently running over 50-55 flavors of fresh high cream content all natural LOCAL fresh milk ice cream that everyone loved.

One more, we were Non- profit so I was selling it at, get this $5 for a 5 QUART PAIL!!!
Oooh yeah!!! Best ice cream, and cheap!
Any more you're paying that much for a pint of lesser quality.
One more thing that made ours best.
Yes I'm biased and yes lots of Mighty Mountaineers cried the day the plant was shut down.

We used local dairies of smaller family farms, like our own, that allowed cows to walk outside on pasture, graze on grass, chew cud and enjoy life. That makes for THE BEST QUALITY milk by far....
and many hunters and their families wailed and cried when it ended. So sad, yet good memories.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/23/20
Umpqua ice cream kicks Tillamook 's ass. Tillamook makes good cheese, but they lack flavor in the ice cream area. I almost feel sorry for those who havent tried Umpqua ice cream!!!
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/23/20

I’d like to try it.

I found it at Publix. Not much selection on flavors yet, but they have it.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/23/20

good stuff

but I just had some Red Button
Posted By: Ralphie Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/23/20
Our favorite too. Just wish they’d sell it in bigger sizes than those measly single serving size half gallons.😀
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/23/20
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

I’d like to try it.

I found it at Publix. Not much selection on flavors yet, but they have it.

I’ll check the big P, thanks
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Tillamook Ice Cream - 06/23/20
Originally Posted by Heym06
Umpqua ice cream kicks Tillamook 's ass. Tillamook makes good cheese, but they lack flavor in the ice cream area. I almost feel sorry for those who havent tried Umpqua ice cream!!!

I will not argue one way or another until I have conducted ample new research, however, the grandfolks, with a dairy farming history, always had Umpqua....
© 24hourcampfire