Home
Posted By: Terryk Suggest an Android phone - 06/25/20
Thinking of moving away from Apple phones.
Anyway for 600 bucks I can buy a new unlocked S10, or a S10E.
Any advice? I like taking pics, so S10 has zoom lens.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/25/20
I've had several including 2 samsung. The samsung was the most durable one I"ve had. I still use a Samsung 4 for bluetooth
I got an galaxy a20 a few weeks ago, works for me and does everything I need.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
I just got an S10E a couple weeks ago. It does more than I need it to do for sure. The camera is very good and has an 8X zoom.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
I know basically nothing about phones but ended up getting an S20.

Had it for a couple weeks now.

Crazy little device, especially coming from a +10 year old flip phone.

It kinda creeps me out.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
I have an S10E. I'm content with it.
Posted By: johnw Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
The 2 best smart phones I've used were the Motorola E2, and the E4

The E2 was very good with less camera quality, less data storage, and fewer features, but it worked wonderfully for me. It was a smaller size and was more easily carried and handled. Easily my favorite phone ever. Perfect size and thickness and had a non slip texture to the body of the phone

The E4 is a little larger and has more screen area, data storage, and features. But the larger size is about the limit of what I wanna carry. This one is as usable as the E2 but is thinner and the phone has a slick, slippery surface making it hard to keep ahold of. A rough textured phone cover was the answer but was hard to find for this model.

My E4 is 3 years old now and I'm sweating it's replacement a little bit. Don't want larger. Don't want thin and slippery. Don't want it to tie my shoes for me.

I use banking, map, weather, market, music and reminder apps. If the old E2 had just a bit more storage it'd be the perfect phone for life, and I'd buy a dozen...
Posted By: johnw Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
Have used varioius phones from Samsung, LG, and Apple...

Thank you, but no....
Posted By: Steve Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
I have a note8 that's been pretty good. One thing with an unlocked phone. I have ATT and our cell coverage is spotty at the house but better than other carriers. I'd use wifi calling but ATT doesn't support it on unbranded unlocked phones (at least this one). Next one I'll check that before buying it.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
Samsung S10+ or S20.

The S10 should be dropping in price with the S20 out.

I recommend either. HIGHLY capable devices.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
Motorola G7 Power. 5,000 mAh battery can last a week. I generally use about 9-12% of the battery's capacity per day on mine, but I'm not on my phone yacking all day either.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
I've got two Samsung S9s that work perfect in great shape I'd sell for $250 each. We just got S20 5g's this week.

Bb
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
Samsung or LG. All of my electronic devices speak Korean.
Posted By: Otter Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
We've been satisfied with Samsung products . . . at least so far.

I am not one who HAS to have the latest smart phone (or computer) so I am still using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that is about 8 years old (maybe a bit more?). Just ordered a replacement battery for it tonight. Anyway, my bride, on the other hand, has had a Note 2, Note 5 and is currently running a Note 9. If I ever NEED to replace mine it would probably be something in the Samsung "S" series. Like my computer(s), I don't use a whole lot of what they can/could do, so I am easily satisfied.
Posted By: NTG Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
Get a Google pixel. I got a 3a about 3 months ago. Liked it quite a bit. Great camera, less bloat ware, about half the cost of most high end phone but very competitive with them.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Suggest an Android phone - 06/26/20
I've had my Motorola e3 for a year and a half with no complaints.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Motorola G7 Power. 5,000 mAh battery can last a week. I generally use about 9-12% of the battery's capacity per day on mine, but I'm not on my phone yacking all day either.
I have a G7 Power and my wife has the G Power (without the 7). The only difference is where the camera is located and some minor differences in programming. Mine is a couple years old and has been great. The only problem is that it's taller than most phones and doesn't fit in a shirt pocket as well. I do like that larger battery.

One trick for battery life is to put it on airplane when you don't have service. If there's no service, it'll keep looking for it and that seems to draw the battery down faster. Having location on will draw it down faster, too. If you don't need location, turn it off. It's used by a lot of apps, though, so expect some problems there.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've got two Samsung S9s that work perfect in great shape I'd sell for $250 each. We just got S20 5g's this week.

Bb

I would jump on this offer! If the phone if the phone is unlocked or will work with your carrier.

I got an S9 about a year and a half ago. Far better antenna reception than my S4 or S6. I can browse the interwebs for hours on the battery.

I am tickled to death with it. I put it in an Otterbox Defender and gorilla glass to keep it safe. The phone is supposed to be waterproof, so the case is not. But I do not intend to take it swimming.

Mine is unlocked and came from Best Buy. I do not see anything online for less than $400.
© 24hourcampfire