Home
Our little town cancelled everything, including closing the park. Looks like we're going rogue. Unsanctioned celebration of independence.
MAGA
There will be bright flashes of light with moderate to severe concussion.
Our lake is still having fireworks so our immediate family will load up on the pontoon and go out to the middle of the lake to watch them.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Our county fireworks is on. I wouldn't have expected anything less. Of course choosing to live in a state that isn't a liberal cesspool isn't luck.
Same as every year.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Same as every year.

Cow tippin'?
getting schit faced and shooting roman candles out of my ass. crowd pleaser
First time in 15 years here in north Idaho that the parade will be missed. A tradition for us of seats set, breakfast out, watch and head up the mountain. It will be missed.
If the creek dont rise, I'm gonna rent a small excavator and do some cleaning up. Bury some stuff, clean out a ditch, dig up some stumps, etc. Pick it up Thurs. afternoon, take it back Monday morning and just get charged for 1 day as long as I dont go over 12 hrs running time.
Fireworks have been going off here nightly for the last 3 weeks.

Not at our house but locally.

Thank God it's still green.

Fire dept gets tired of it when things dry up.
Originally Posted by EdM
First time in 15 years here in north Idaho that the parade will be missed. A tradition for us of seats set, breakfast out, watch and head up the mountain. It will be missed.

Yeah, I was surprised our normal charities were shutdown. Our fireworks show is over water, making it the only game around during dry years.

Sam,
I get it. The call generally comes when your head hits the pillow.😀
I have no plans

We don’t entertain
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Fireworks have been going off here nightly for the last 3 weeks.

Not at our house but locally.

Thank God it's still green.

Fire dept gets tired of it when things dry up.
Hasn't rained here in sunny south Kansas in about a month and it's quickly browning up. About ready to kick off with the prairie hay.
Hate it for ya’ll

It’s rained here off and on every 3-4 days.

Starting sunday, we’ve got good rain chances for several days.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hate it for ya’ll

It’s rained here off and on every 3-4 days.

Starting sunday, we’ve got good rain chances for several days.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Any day it don't reach 90 is a good day. We were that way into late May and then the tap turned off. I've been watering hell out of my garden, but I left it dry today because I was gonna put up the baskets or make new ones. Should've went ahead and soaked it down. Supposed to rain, but we'll see. Got that Mummy dust cloud coming.
Probably stick around the house for the most part. I plan on doing some crabbing before the holiday and getting the boat ready for a cruise to the San Juan Islands for several days. I don’t want to deal with crowds or weekend warriors at the marinas.
Yep. And add a three year old to that. Cleaning and organizing about every two hours sounds like our plan.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have no plans

We don’t entertain
Life as usual here. The Buhl, ID parade will go on. There's always a big celebration in the park after the parade and various groups set up booths to demonstrate what they do. Our church's Trail Life troop is one of them. We have an annual overnight 'campout' in the park to demonstrate making shelters, building fires, dutch oven cooking, and other outdoor activities. We take an annual llama pack trip and this year they've asked me to bring in a couple llamas to demonstrate back country packing. Whether I do depends on whether the celebration committee approves large animals in the park.
Another day on the farm, fireworks at night.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

cool
This July Fourth is our 50th wedding anniversary. As I type this, we would have been heading to the airport for our whole family cruise embarking tomorrow. But that is not to be. Instead, family is coming to Utah. There will be a celebratory family portrait up in the mountains, a reserved room at a local steak emporium, and lots of "just together" time. Probably some ice cream along the way. And then fireworks.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
This July Fourth is our 50th wedding anniversary. As I type this, we would have been heading to the airport for our whole family cruise embarking tomorrow. But that is not to be. Instead, family is coming to Utah. There will be a celebratory family portrait up in the mountains, a reserved room at a local steak emporium, and lots of "just together" time. Probably some ice cream along the way. And then fireworks.

Congrats! We were supposed to be near Tacoma this weekend for my sister's 50th. However, everything is shut down there. They had reservations that have been cancelled. We were going to stay at a state park but it's been closed. They might have to have the party 2 months late.
Nothing, everyone is working. Which in this economy is a good thing. So I guess thats a celebration in its self.
I'll be somewhere between Salina, KS and Rock Springs, WY, making my way to Yellowstone.

We will have a full week in Yellowstone before heading toward South Dakota and the Black Hills/Custer for a couple of days.
Our small town does a firework show. Actually pretty nice show considering....

Green light. Social distance and all that jazz.

Live bands. Food.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Congratulations Rocky, your back up plan sounds more appealing than plan A, to me.😁
On the Carolina coast. No place better to be on Independence Day, IMHO. We’ll have a big feast after a loooong day at the beach. Grilled burgers, dogs, fried squash, watermelon etc. Family from Pa. and Texas will be in to enjoy the fun. The event is pretty much the same every year, and I wouldn’t change a thing.
Fireworks stands in Kansas finally open today. They've been open in Missouri and Oklahoma for several days now.
Gonna be moving crap to deer lease.
Going backpacking.
I am on top of the mountain. Normally, we watch the Marshall and Mars Hill town fireworks, five and fifteen miles off in the distance, then fire off some fireworks.
This year, all towns have cancelled fireworks. What a bunch of chickensh*t bureaucrats.

But I have made up for it! I am going to set off some real bad ass rockets and mortars. Had to drive to S. Carolina to get the good stuff, I have $200 worth.
Ethan that looks like some pro quality mortars you have there. Where do you get that stuff?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Ethan that looks like some pro quality mortars you have there. Where do you get that stuff?

Probably rural Missouri.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am on top of the mountain. Normally, we watch the Marshall and Mars Hill town fireworks, five and fifteen miles off in the distance, then fire off some fireworks.
This year, all towns have cancelled fireworks. What a bunch of chickensh*t bureaucrats.

But I have made up for it! I am going to set off some real bad ass rockets and mortars. Had to drive to S. Carolina to get the good stuff, I have $200 worth.

That's what I'm talking about.

Going up to my camp that's surrounded by woods and corn fields with some good fishing holes scattered about. Plan on fishing, shooting , cooking and drinking.
© 24hourcampfire