[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

cool

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This July Fourth is our 50th wedding anniversary. As I type this, we would have been heading to the airport for our whole family cruise embarking tomorrow. But that is not to be. Instead, family is coming to Utah. There will be a celebratory family portrait up in the mountains, a reserved room at a local steak emporium, and lots of "just together" time. Probably some ice cream along the way. And then fireworks.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
This July Fourth is our 50th wedding anniversary. As I type this, we would have been heading to the airport for our whole family cruise embarking tomorrow. But that is not to be. Instead, family is coming to Utah. There will be a celebratory family portrait up in the mountains, a reserved room at a local steak emporium, and lots of "just together" time. Probably some ice cream along the way. And then fireworks.

Congrats! We were supposed to be near Tacoma this weekend for my sister's 50th. However, everything is shut down there. They had reservations that have been cancelled. We were going to stay at a state park but it's been closed. They might have to have the party 2 months late.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing, everyone is working. Which in this economy is a good thing. So I guess thats a celebration in its self.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'll be somewhere between Salina, KS and Rock Springs, WY, making my way to Yellowstone.

We will have a full week in Yellowstone before heading toward South Dakota and the Black Hills/Custer for a couple of days.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our small town does a firework show. Actually pretty nice show considering....

Green light. Social distance and all that jazz.

Live bands. Food.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

erikj Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Congratulations Rocky, your back up plan sounds more appealing than plan A, to me.😁

Last edited by erikj; 06/27/20.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
On the Carolina coast. No place better to be on Independence Day, IMHO. We’ll have a big feast after a loooong day at the beach. Grilled burgers, dogs, fried squash, watermelon etc. Family from Pa. and Texas will be in to enjoy the fun. The event is pretty much the same every year, and I wouldn’t change a thing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fireworks stands in Kansas finally open today. They've been open in Missouri and Oklahoma for several days now.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Gonna be moving crap to deer lease.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Going backpacking.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am on top of the mountain. Normally, we watch the Marshall and Mars Hill town fireworks, five and fifteen miles off in the distance, then fire off some fireworks.
This year, all towns have cancelled fireworks. What a bunch of chickensh*t bureaucrats.

But I have made up for it! I am going to set off some real bad ass rockets and mortars. Had to drive to S. Carolina to get the good stuff, I have $200 worth.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ethan that looks like some pro quality mortars you have there. Where do you get that stuff?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Ethan that looks like some pro quality mortars you have there. Where do you get that stuff?

Probably rural Missouri.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
erikj Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am on top of the mountain. Normally, we watch the Marshall and Mars Hill town fireworks, five and fifteen miles off in the distance, then fire off some fireworks.
This year, all towns have cancelled fireworks. What a bunch of chickensh*t bureaucrats.

But I have made up for it! I am going to set off some real bad ass rockets and mortars. Had to drive to S. Carolina to get the good stuff, I have $200 worth.

That's what I'm talking about.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Going up to my camp that's surrounded by woods and corn fields with some good fishing holes scattered about. Plan on fishing, shooting , cooking and drinking.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 10 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.