Home
Posted By: Morewood That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
As of today NAFTA is dead. Trump's America First USMCA trade deal takes over immediately.

Ross Perot was right, the NAFTA trade deal bled this country dry of manufacturing and middle class jobs.

I watched as the concrete industry was taken over by Mexico. Auto industry was decimated. Main street America suffered for globalism.

It’s amazing watching cuckservatives say with a straight face that we need free trade and that American ingenuity will win out while ignoring that places like Mexico play by a whole different set of standards paying workers .50 cents an hour with zero benefits.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
And I'm willing to bet many here wouldn't didn't vote for the short fella
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
My first time voting. I went for Perot.
My first time voting for president, Perot. The old man told me I just wasted my vote, should've voted for Bush.
Perot was right. And had more intelligence and integrity than the other two combined.
All I know is that Perot has pure evil on either side of him.
As for the Coronavirus and the Chinese infecting us purposely, would there need be any other motivation than President Trump besting them on this? Then again, can you really say it's the "Chinese" any more than Pelosi getting her way and them saying it's the Americans?

A huge victory for Nationalism brought about by Donald Trump.
Perot and Al Gore debated NAFTA on the national stage when NAFTA was being debated.....Trump proved Perot was right.
Nobody is cheering in timber producing states...we got f''''kt AGAIN. The entire chapter concerning Canadian softwood imports was adopted and incorporated into USMCA from NAFTA.
Basically, the Canadian government almost gives Crown timber to their industry to keep it alive. American producers have to pay full market value, about 5 times more. Nobody can compete with those numbers. The US timber industry was hurt with enviro regulations...but it was Slick Willy's NAFTA deal that was the death stab. He did a trade off with the Canadians, protected union auto jobs for the sellout of the timber jobs.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Wasn’t my first time but I did also.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I just happened to be in Chitcago at a training school at the time of that election or I would have voted for him. I was 26 years old at that time.

Being 26 at the time though I can remember Slick Willie playing the sax on MTV and thinking "this guys getting elected" and realizing he was a Hack even then.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
FDR once said: "Nothing in politics happens by chance. Nothing."
Posted By: 12344mag Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20

I liked Perot but I didn't vote for him because I didn't want slick willy to become President, I knew that Clinton in the White House would be very bad I just didn't know how bad.
Posted By: ERK Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
I was young and didn’t honk voting mattered at that time. I was to busy struggling thru life. Looking back except for Trump I believe I was right. All the swamp creatures were in it together. Not saying Perot was because I did not know anything about that. Ed k
Originally Posted by jackmountain
My first time voting for president, Perot. The old man told me I just wasted my vote, should've voted for Bush.
Perot was right. And had more intelligence and integrity than the other two combined.

I don't know Valsdad, I feel like I am usually in line with you, but
If no one had, we might have wound up with the presumptive republican candidate in '16 as opposed to the non-politician.

Who was the presumptive candidate again?
Perot was right about a lot of things, but he should have limited his campaign to the Republican primaries. If he couldn't get the R nomination, shut up and help Bush win; then he might have had some influence on what came after. Instead, we got the Clintons and have been plagued with them ever since. I voted for Bush, knew that a vote for Perot was only going to help Clinton.

Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

If no one had, we might have wound up with the presumptive republican candidate in '16 as opposed to the non-politician.

I don't think we can possibly know how the '92 election would have impacted 2016.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
We KNEW Clinton would be the start of a downward trend. Fact.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Nobody is cheering in timber producing states...we got f''''kt AGAIN. The entire chapter concerning Canadian softwood imports was adopted and incorporated into USMCA from NAFTA.
Basically, the Canadian government almost gives Crown timber to their industry to keep it alive. American producers have to pay full market value, about 5 times more. Nobody can compete with those numbers. The US timber industry was hurt with enviro regulations...but it was Slick Willy's NAFTA deal that was the death stab. He did a trade off with the Canadians, protected union auto jobs for the sellout of the timber jobs.

Golly, you noticed stuff like that too?

Everyone else thinks it was just an owl. Company I worked for over on the coast in the 90's had no problem dealing with the owl. Business rolled right along once they figured it out.. Competing with foreigners was a bit harder to deal with.........and still make a profit. Then again.............it was private timberlands.
Posted By: slumlord Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
That’s all great and stuff, but we gotta tear dem White mains statues down
Geno’s up at 7am Cali time

WTF

Rhetorical question Oldman?

There might be a reason there why many preferred Perot.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Geno’s up at 7am Cali time

WTF

Dude,

I'm almost always up and at the Gulag feeding and watering by this time.

The electrician man is coming in 10 minutes to electrify our shop/garage!

I got scheidt pulled away from the walls on the right half yesterday, so he has an easier time running conduit.

While he's running the ditch witch for the run over from the supply to the shop, I'm going to get after the left side. It's not going to be fun.

This be fuggin with my retirement though. Only getting one cup of coffee in me before I put on real clothes and not just my house shorts.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Wasn’t my first time but I did also.

Same here, Voted for Ross. I believe my first vote was cast for Reagan.
The electrician man is coming....

Translation: I have to wear pants today
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
I voted for Perot. I still have my campaign buttons. I also volunteered with the campaign and did voter registration drives. My boss at the time was a Perot supporter also so we had an ongoing voter registration at the retail shop. I literally registered hundreds of people to vote and campaigned hard for Perot. It was not for nothing as many cuckservitives here will argue. Perot changed the focus of the campaign. Deficit spending became front and center and the UniParty was forced to acknowledge the problem. Real policy change happened and within a few years the deficit spending slowed and for one budget year we actually had a “balanced” budget. Little George and his endless wars brought an end to the drive for fiscal responsibility and brought back the unlimited money printing press budgeting. Remember that stalwart conservative Dick Cheney proudly declaring “deficits don’t matter” ? Bush , Clinton , Bush , Obama there isn’t a nickels worth of difference. All globalist scum. Trump is the first President elected that I actually voted for and the second time I’d voted for someone. The other votes were votes against someone. Voting for the lesser of two evils is dispiriting and I’m pretty sure that when Trump is gone I’ll e back to voting for the lesser of two evils again.
Morewood: You can thank the "IDIOTS" who voted for ross parrot for giving us such "wonderful" Supreme Court justices as the notorious ruth bader ginsburg and steven breyer!
Think about that for a moment you parrot idiots!
The list or horrors that the idiots who voted for ross parrot, thus allowing bent dick bill clinton to become President, is long and staggering.
Let me put it so it is easier for the idiots who voted for ross parrot to understand - YOU are an idiot with imbecilic tendencies.
Sheesh - the idiocy some people display on this forum often stuns me!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It’s amazing watching cuckservatives say with a straight face that we need free trade and that American ingenuity will win out while ignoring that places like Mexico play by a whole different set of standards paying workers .50 cents an hour with zero benefits.

It does not take much brainpower to find out that what Perot and Trump were saying is the Truth.
Originally Posted by Morewood
As of today NAFTA is dead. Trump's America First USMCA trade deal takes over immediately.

Ross Perot was right, the NAFTA trade deal bled this country dry of manufacturing and middle class jobs.

I watched as the concrete industry was taken over by Mexico. Auto industry was decimated. Main street America suffered for globalism.

If I had not been to MX as many times as I have and driven all over it, I wouldn't know how true that is.

It is phugking incredible.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
I voted for Perot. People told me I threw my vote away or basically just voted for Slick Willie by default.
Posted By: tzone Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20

I certainly did not....because I was 14
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
I voted for Perot. People told me I threw my vote away or basically just voted for Slick Willie by default.

That was pretty much the case. Even as a young man I knew it; however I would have voted for him too if I would have been home to vote back then.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Morewood: You can thank the "IDIOTS" who voted for ross parrot for giving us such "wonderful" Supreme Court justices as the notorious ruth bader ginsburg and steven breyer!
Think about that for a moment you parrot idiots!
The list or horrors that the idiots who voted for ross parrot, thus allowing bent dick bill clinton to become President, is long and staggering.
Let me put it so it is easier for the idiots who voted for ross parrot to understand - YOU are an idiot with imbecilic tendencies.
Sheesh - the idiocy some people display on this forum often stuns me!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well,

with Bush the first we got a 50/50 deal in SCOTUS judges, right?

Roberts and Alito I think.

Roberts seems to be haunting us now.

Imagine if George the Elder had been given more chances?

Imagine who Perot might have nominated too.
To those who say "you threw your vote away"

Assuming you voted Trump in '18....................................

Would you have voted for him had he been a third party candidate and the Repubs were running another Deep State operative.....................

Or Romney..................Republican Light?

Dang right.

And they ain't them Southern Boomer light blue coveralls either.

Wrangler Riggs, Ranger Pants, pockets galore for things like gloves and utility knives.

Just FYI.................I wear them most every day for a few hours. Weedeating the fire break, staking up the mater (for me, not for my wife like you whistle ), doing some tractor work. etc.

And no, I don't wear, or even own, a wife beater for around the house. I wear a real T shirt,........if any at all.

How's Nana's beans today?
Posted By: las Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20

Old guys get verbose.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
I wasted my vote on Bush, Ross Perot lost me when he quit. Trump is a loud mouth yankee, but there's no quit in him.

Would you have voted for him had he been a third party candidate and the Repubs were running another Deep State operative.....................

How do you decide who the "Deep State operative" is? My best guess is that the person who surprisingly wins the election, regardless of the polling and the predictions of most pundits, is likely a "Deep State operative". But I won't have much luck convincing people here. Because America Has Been Made Great Again, obviously, since he was elected. This is exactly the country I hoped for.
92 was my second big election, 22 years old.

Long haul trucking, Rush Limbaugh keeping me awake, it was
obvious Perot could only be a spoiler. He couldn't win.

Plus he was squirrelly as heck, and not committed.
He jumped in.
He jumped out.

I was looking to elect POTUS.

Not play the Hokey-Pokey!

Rhetorical question Oldman?

There might be a reason there why many preferred Perot.

Sort of..
I used to be an independent because i never liked politicians.$trike that, never trusted politicians....
I guess I am wondering if Perot broke trail for non politicians a bit. Not that we will ever know....
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20

I wouldn’t vote for that POS if you put a gun to my head. If it was him or Biden, I just wouldn’t vote.
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

I wouldn’t vote for that POS if you put a gun to my head. If it was him or Biden, I just wouldn’t vote.

It is hard to choose when there is no logical and correct choice.

I've been tired of the lesser of two evils for a long long time.

But, it's generally how I have to vote.
Posted By: sambubba Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/02/20
Had Perot not run we would have never had the Clintons. He siphoned off enough Gop votes to get those evil two in office. I would have voted for him if he had run as the republican nominee.
perot was right. i regret not voting for him.

and all the bushes deserve to hang. they are not unique that way.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by jfruser
perot was right. i regret not voting for him.

and all the bushes deserve to hang. they are not unique that way.

If everyone had just recognized Perot was right and voted their conscience, history could have been rewritten.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by flintlocke

It's not as simple as you make it sound.

Our trees grow much slower, so regen is proportionately slower. Climate is colder after all. Haul distances are long, few mills left. A northern Alberta forest cannot compete with an Alabama private forest. The Alabama forest can get a crop off and the Northern Alberta tree still needs another 30+ years to mature to the same stage. Temperature wise, a world of difference between Oregon and British Columbia. Pretty much the same species, guess where the trees grow faster. If the stumpage fee was the same cross border, the government couldn't get anyone to lumber up here. May as well let the pine beetles and forest fires get everything. Seems lately, the fires ARE getting everything.

Maybe US stumpage fees are too high?

Most all timber companies in Canada are American timber companies, or US majority owned timber companies. Talk to Weyerhauser.

Maybe you should do an analysis of what goes into each jurisdiction's stumpage fees, do a fair comparison, stop taking pablum from your union.

As I recall, Canada has won most all World Trade Grievances brought forward by both countries. Sometimes it seems like the US does not want to abide by the trade agreements or lumber agreements.

If Trump had run as a third party candidate like Perot did, Hillary Clinton would be president right now. Trump did it the right way, got the nomination, won the election. Perot didn't want to go through the dirty work of getting the nomination of the Republican party. If he had, he might have won; I wish he had. Like it or not, the 2 party system has held sway for a long time now. Republican Party must change from within. The Dem's are not going to commit suicide by going third party, neither should R's.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: That Giant Sucking Sound - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

If Trump had run as a third party candidate like Perot did, Hillary Clinton would be president right now. Trump did it the right way, got the nomination, won the election. Perot didn't want to go through the dirty work of getting the nomination of the Republican party. If he had, he might have won; I wish he had. Like it or not, the 2 party system has held sway for a long time now. Republican Party must change from within. The Dem's are not going to commit suicide by going third party, neither should R's.

Yep, as I said in an earlier post, there really is no choice for those with strong ideals.

We vote for the least objectionable candidate.

I don't think Perot " didn't want to go through the dirty work of getting the nomination of the Republican party". AS I recall and honestly believe, the Republican Party at that time would NEVER have allowed him to get the nomination. They damn near prevented The Donald from getting it the last go round. WE the people got lucky I think.

People complain some, me included, that Trump "caved" on the bump stock deal......................Imagine after the deal in Las Vegas what a Republican President like Mitt would have done? Another AW ban? Ammo restrictions?

Yeah, I think we got lucky with The Donald pushing through the Repub Swamp Critters to get on the ballot.

I still wonder what life might have been like if ALL republicans and conservatives had backed a third party candidate in Perot. The writing was kind of on the wall that G Bush #1 was going to lose to Slick Willy.
© 24hourcampfire