Home
Posted By: Dre F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
I know there has been lots of talk here About cancer, and I never understand how serious and brutal it is.
My Mom got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 5 weeks ago.
I’ve spent the 4 out those 5 weeks with her helping her and moving her down to be with me and the family.
She was suppose to have 6 months, instead she is gone in 5 weeks.
Watching her deteriorate and her condition worsen every morning was hard. More like brutal to see someone so strong and independent shrivel to nothing. This Cancer is f*cking monster.
But I am thankful I had the opportunity to be there for her till the end.
As mentioned earliet, I had no idea, and My condolences to all the cancer survivors out there who had to go through this.
Love you mom, I know you’re in a better place.
God bless
Posted By: stxhunter Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
its horrible.
Posted By: SKane Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
It is indeed a monster.

So sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Springcove Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Thoughts and prayers. I watched it take my 42 year old sister in law 10 years ago. It is a monster.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
I'm very sorry you lost your mom Dree, My condolences to you and your family.

Rest easy Mom.

And yes Fuqk cancer.
Posted By: CoElk101 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
7 months for my dad. Almost wished it would have taken him quicker. It was horrible. Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Cancer is a mess. Sorry for your loss. Lost my mother at age 5. Only vivid memory is
cracking walnuts in the basement.

I plan to again flip the bird to the reaper. He ain't all that, he's called before.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss. We have watched many close friends and family fight cancer. Nasty stuff. My parents both died of cancer in 2002-2004.
Posted By: Aviator Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Prayers for you! I hate Cancer!
Posted By: dale06 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
I’m sorry for you loss.
I lost both a sister and my dad to cancer and the toll it takes is very hard to watch. You’re a good man for taking care of your mom when she most needed it.
Posted By: devnull Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
I'm sorry.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss.

Cancer takes those we love, and then kills them. frown
Posted By: Valsdad Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Dre,

condolences on the loss of your dearly beloved Mom.

The "C" sucks, Hugely.

Remember the best of times with her.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
My sincere condolences, I've been there. Godspeed.
Posted By: Dre Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
I’ve know some cancer but nothing has hit home like this.
Seems like the cancer picks out the good ones and let’s the POS live
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss, cancer sucks.
Posted By: CasualShooter Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss. My dad was taken by pancreatic cancer six weeks after he was diagnosed. It is brutal and that was a long six weeks. Only relief when it was his time to go.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss, I have lost to many family members to Cancer. I ended up with it myself 2 years ago at age 50, so far I have it under control. Sh-t is evil. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your mom before she passed. Hang in there.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss
Posted By: saddlering Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss! Cancer SUCKS
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
A cousin's husband is dealing with pancreatic cancer now. She has plenty to deal with already from a physical standpoint and this is not what she needed. He was diagnosed about 8 weeks ago.

Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Brother, I am really sorry. Yes, fuukk cancer.
Posted By: Dre Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
A cousin's husband is dealing with pancreatic cancer now. She has plenty to deal with already from a physical standpoint and this is not what she needed. He was diagnosed about 8 weeks ago.

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you sir.
Mom was stage 4 when they found it.
Did an emergency surgery on her small intestine so she can eat again.
Mom didn’t do chemotherapy as she wanted quality of life over quantity.
They told her she’ll have 2 good months after the surgery and no more than 6 months all together. We have family and friends flying in on this Friday. We were to do a thanksgiving dinner, now it will be something different.

Not sure how those months turned into weeks, but they did.
The last 3 days I just kept on dosing her up on liquid morphine hoping she’s not in pain and end it for her.

It goes fast and hard. Spend as much quality time as you can Together
Posted By: MAC Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Lung cancer took my father in 2013. Hard way to go.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Dre, it’s a tuff road for all. Maybe worse for the family and friends than the departed. It’s a road I’ve traveled both ways, many times... there are no words that soften the blow. Try to keep your chin up.

DD
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. My mother died in 1981, complications of cancer. I still miss her.

Best wishes for you and your family.

L.W.
Posted By: CCCC Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Dre - I am sorry. You did so well by your Mom and I hope you are able to find some consolation day by day. A beloved younger family member here is fighting a tough battle against colon cancer and our family understands what you are feeling.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Dre, Sorry for your loss. It's not good.

In 1985 my mom passed from cancer, she was fifty years young. It also got all of her siblings 8 total.

This week marks a year of my brother in law passing. Cancer got him too.

Too many people gone to soon.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Dre sorry for your loss.It will be 2 yrs the 13th of Aug when my wife of 31 1/2 yrs passed from cancer and I still say it every day "Cancer Sucks" dont know if it does any good but it makes me fell better. I will be thinking of yall tonight.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss. Lost my dad in ‘95 to pancreatic cancer. He lasted 6 months. Lost about 100# in that time. Your mom was lucky to be able to spend the time with you and not just suffer needlessly while it ate her. Keep your head up and look back fondly on the memories before she was ill.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
I lost my grandfather to pancreatic cancer. It is truly a monster of monsters. Prayers on the way for you and your family.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sad indeed. Prayers for your family. I suspect cancer has touched every one on the fire.
Posted By: RMerta Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/06/20
Sorry for your loss.
A couple months ago I got up to take a leak. Upon peeing I peed pure blood. I called the ER as covid was getting momentum. They said I need to come in which I did.
Several test and CT they said they could not find anything and sent me home.
A couple hours later a doctor called me and said they made a mistake. I had cancer in my left kidney.
I went to a urologist later in the morning. He told me the kidney needed removed immediately.
Six weeks later I had my kidney removed. Now I’m down to one kidney and it’s not working at 100%. They said it was working well enough for now.
It’s amazing how fast your health can flip.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Found out I had cancer last August. Started chemo in Oct.....after 11 weeks of hell and 30#s, they had to stop the chemo...said it was killing me faster than the cancer....gained some weight back and had a mastectomy in January.,...yes men get breast cancer!...then got 25 radiation dosed....and started another round of super chemo that had "no side effects"....right ...someone forgot to tell my body that....after 4 treatments of 14 had to stop that.....we will see what comes next......yes it sucks.....lost my mother to it in 1994....she went in 2 weeks of hell with me at her side telling her to let go. I was/am fortunate......so far so good.....say it again...

CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for your loss...bdt.....may she RIP.....her pain is gone but ours will always remain.
Posted By: duck911 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Prayers from Colorado to the OP, and all of you that have had to deal with this scourge.

Same boat here, plenty of impact over the years. Grandfather and grandmother lost, sister a recent survivor... Other friends and family.

Nasty fugging disease.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Sorry for your loss Dre. Right now I have a few friends that are dealing with it. It's evil as far as I'm concerned. Prayers from Idaho.
Posted By: mart Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Sorry for your loss. We lost our only child to cancer 9 years ago. My heart goes out to you brother.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Sorry for your loss. I call it “the beast”. I’ve dealt with it personally for the last couple of years and it’s tough to hear your name or a loved one’s name associated with the beast.
Posted By: WAM Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Sorry to hear if your loss. We lost Mother at age 54 in 1979 to pancreatic cancer. She went about 18 months with it which is a long time for pancreatic cancer. I don’t think the survival rate for PC is much better now than then.
Posted By: TheSOB Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Going in for a stem cell transplant on Thursday. This is my second and last one. If things go well, it will give me about 6 years. Yea, it sucks.
Posted By: Scotty Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Sorry for you loss. Praying for you and your family.
Posted By: Dre Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Wishing the best luck to the guys going through and getting by treatment
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Originally Posted by Dre
Wishing the best luck to the guys going through and getting by treatment

Indeed, Dre.
And for you and yours.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Sorry for the loss of your mother. My mother was special to me and when she went it was difficult to handle.

Positive thoughts and prayers for you and your mother
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/07/20
Dre, very sorry for your loss.

Cancer got my mom as well.

😎
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/08/20
Dre, sorry for your loss.
My father in law was diagnosed with cancer during this COVID - got the results on April 2nd, it was in his pancreas, liver and stomach. He felt fine but his liver wasn’t functioning right based on some tests.
Had one round of chemo April 13th.
April 16th he fell in his apartment and couldn’t get up.
He passed on May 24. Wife, boys and I miss him greatly.

Cancer sucks, indeed.

Posted By: Dre Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Dre, sorry for your loss.
My father in law was diagnosed with cancer during this COVID - got the results on April 2nd, it was in his pancreas, liver and stomach. He felt fine but his liver wasn’t functioning right based on some tests.
Had one round of chemo April 13th.
April 16th he fell in his apartment and couldn’t get up.
He passed on May 24. Wife, boys and I miss him greatly.

Cancer sucks, indeed.

It’s Gut wrenching for sure. I’m sorry for your loss.
My moms liver and kidneys were hit as well.
Mom had bad jaundice toward the end. Her tears on tissue were yellow.
Makes me want to cry just writing this.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/09/20
Sorry that is a horrible disease!!
Posted By: blindshooter Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/09/20
Dre, lost my mom to lung cancer.

Sorry for your loss.

Fu^k cancer.
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/09/20
20 years ago cancer took my Mother also. Miss her every day. Keep the good thoughts, my condolences sir!
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/10/20
Sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to spend time with your Mother till the end. May God bless and keep her.
Posted By: 163bc Re: F*CK Cancer - 07/10/20
Sorry for your loss. Prayers offered for you mom and family
© 24hourcampfire