Home
Posted By: Redneck scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Just for S&G I logged onto two of my firearms distributors and checked inventory... The first had exactly ONE Kahr pistol in stock. And of all the Ruger pistols they usually carry, only a handful were available.. The second one had only a meager supply of 1911s, and those were the high-end stuff - not the everyday items..

Then check SGammo for .38 special. Only THREE were available; one 1,000 lot, one 900 round lot and a few boxes of 50 ct.. Nearly the same with 9mm...

IMHO there's even a lot less available than when the former AIC was in office.. People tell me here that when they go to the various stores were ammo and guns are usually available it's nothin' but bare shelves...

Same in your areas???
Posted By: okie Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
There is a dealer just north of us that makes daily trips for ammo to the jobber located centrally in the state. Prices are up but they sell it all....Gun sales may have slowed some ….
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
We were in Sportsmens Warehouse yesterday. The shelves are empty, and not just the shooting stuff. The whole store has big empty spaces everywhere. I was looking for a cot but the only one in stock was a high dollar bunk bed.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Ahh that couldn’t be due to 1.3 million firearms sold in May and 2.3 million in June now could it?
Nope.
Last couple of places, some thinning of 9&.223
But still plenty...
Just about any powder you could want.
.223 dies down to high end match grade stuff
Only doing primers in 1,000 ct.

Generally single location operators with good supplier relationships.
Posted By: killerv Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
lgs is getting 750 for used glocks right now. crazy.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Just for S&G I logged onto two of my firearms distributors and checked inventory... The first had exactly ONE Kahr pistol in stock. And of all the Ruger pistols they usually carry, only a handful were available.. The second one had only a meager supply of 1911s, and those were the high-end stuff - not the everyday items..

Then check SGammo for .38 special. Only THREE were available; one 1,000 lot, one 900 round lot and a few boxes of 50 ct.. Nearly the same with 9mm...

IMHO there's even a lot less available than when the former AIC was in office.. People tell me here that when they go to the various stores were ammo and guns are usually available it's nothin' but bare shelves...

Same in your areas???

Buds has been out of stock on most popular defensive handguns and long guns for a while. Typically, when you can't find things at the local store, Buds would have it. That's a real indicator of the current scarcity.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
My shelves are full and the pot is hot.
I was in two medium sized LGS this last weekend. One had plenty of long guns (including AR's) but almost no handguns. Ammo stock was good. This store is known for their higher than normal prices but they also carry higher end merch.

The second was about the same. Talking to them, they said they had a lot of first time buyers of handguns.
I can say that inventory's looking pretty thin in the shops and mega stores around Brainerd. The only handgun ammo available is the high end premium stuff and it's running down too. Firearms inventory is spotty at best.
Posted By: 65BR Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Kind of like TP - how much do you Really need.......and gonna use? Like anyone is going to the Alamo?!?

This fear based hoarding drives up prices and kills supplies for all..........hopefully Econ 101 will kick in, and if Trump is re-elected things will all reset.......I just hope quality does not tank with mfg. trying to meet short term demand.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Originally Posted by Redneck

Same in your areas???

Yes, I agree across the board, at least as bad or worse than anytime in the last 10 years.

MM
Posted By: hanco Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Sellers market if you can get merchandise to sell.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Was buying ATV parts the other day.

His shelves are empty and the show room is bare.

Everything comes from Chiner.
Originally Posted by hanco
Sellers market if you can get merchandise to sell.

I've been taking advantage of it for months. I've sold five or six guns that I had been planning to sell for a while.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
I wonder how much Covid shutdowns may have affected ammo or gun production.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Slim pickings around here also.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
I put up some reloading supplies about a month ago and sold almost everything. My guess is that 30000 plus bullets. I assume reloading supplies are also getting kind of lean.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
In a local sporting goods dept. the other day all the common stuff like 9mm, .223, etc. was flat out gone. This place is usually well stocked with all kinds of different ammo, too. I would have been all set if I were seeking some 35 Remington, LOL.
Posted By: RyanTX Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Last fall I told my wife "it is a buyers market right now" and I prepared accordingly so that the type of availability we have now wouldn't affect me in the least.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I put up some reloading supplies about a month ago and sold almost everything. My guess is that 30000 plus bullets. I assume reloading supplies are also getting kind of lean.

If any of you Virginia boys need 300 Blackout brass or bullets please drop me a p.m.

I'll do the best I can to help you out. Shipping primed brass is becoming a real pain in the butt.
Posted By: tzone Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Originally Posted by killerv

Well hell...then I have some I'd sell him.
Posted By: Redneck Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by killerv

Well hell...then I have some I'd sell him.
laugh laugh Yeah, if I had some Glocks I'd sell 'em too.... I have a pretty good supply of reloading stuff so I didn't check on those items..
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I wonder how much Covid shutdowns may have affected ammo or gun production.
A good point - probably has something to do with the shortages as well..
Posted By: slumlord Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
I only buy from mom and pop, I support LGS.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: scarcity - wow......... - 07/07/20
One thing the Democrats are good at is sellin' guns!
© 24hourcampfire