Home
Posted By: Valsdad Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
We are going to be looking for a freezer soon. Not sure what size, chest type, maybe 15 cf? The Donald sent us money that was well spent in electrifying the shop/garage.

We have a Kenmore washer, front loader, maybe 15 years old, still working.
Kenmore electric dryer, 13 years old +/- still works great.
Kenmore Fridge, single door, top freezer, 12-13 years old, still working but probably needs replaced soon if only for efficiency purposes then I donate it to a friend who needs a better one than they have now.

With such good luck with Kenmore stuff, I'm just wondering how they are nowadays. What with the problems Sears has had the last 10 years or more, I have questions about one of their hallmark items.

Anyone with recent experience wants to chime in, feel free. Anyone know who makes them/where they are made now?

We're rural enough I don't want or need issues with any appliance needing repair. I prefer to buy good stuff once, run it till it breaks in a good long time, and then repeat. Kinda like a Toyota vehicle.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
They used to be among the best on the market. None sold around here anymore as far as I know, as there are no Sears stores around. Today, it's pretty much a gamble Wife bought a new washer and dryer set, the front load LG, and she is happy with them.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
We have a big Frigidaire upright freezer, and it's been a good one. I like Frigidaire appliances.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20

Bought a Crosley 7-8 yrs ago

18 CF (or so) upright....not frost free

Been a good one.....so far......

Yea I'm a Toyota guy.......

https://www.crosley.com/freezers.html
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
They are made by Whirlpool
Should be good
Posted By: slumlord Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
I worked for Kenmore for 13 years after I left johns Manville. (Before I taught school in wyoming)

You’ll be in good hands
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
Thats Allstate.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Bought a Crosley 7-8 yrs ago

18 CF (or so) upright....not frost free

Been a good one.....so far......

Yea I'm a Toyota guy.......

https://www.crosley.com/freezers.html

Interesting.

Can't find much info on the website without downloading pdfs. Time for that later.

Thanks
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
Italians are frugal second only to the Scots. Grin. Maybe you should think about a one year subscription to Consumer Reports. I can't remember the last time I saw a Sears service truck in Siskiyou Co. They used to come down every Wednesday, but since the Medford store died...not many folks buying Sears- Kenmore brands. We have a Sears "catalog" store in Yreka...but with no sales tax break, they are struggling. West Coast Appliance in Central Point is the volume dealer now.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I worked for Kenmore for 13 years after I left johns Manville. (Before I taught school in wyoming)

You’ll be in good hands

Well, as it's been 30 years since you've been in one, you prolly can't tell me whether they sell them down to the local WalMart.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
It's a crap shoot. Kenmore used to be so dominant, they would get new features in their appliances before the manufacturer’s own brands.

My last fridge was six years ago, it’s a Kenmore, no troubles.

Today, with as much trouble as they are in, I am very leery of a Kenmore, without knowing which manufacturer made the specific appliance. When in doubt, check Consumer Reports.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Italians are frugal second only to the Scots. Grin. Maybe you should think about a one year subscription to Consumer Reports. I can't remember the last time I saw a Sears service truck in Siskiyou Co. They used to come down every Wednesday, but since the Medford store died...not many folks buying Sears- Kenmore brands. We have a Sears "catalog" store in Yreka...but with no sales tax break, they are struggling. West Coast Appliance in Central Point is the volume dealer now.

Seems home depot is carrying them. If/when I decide, I might just order through the K-falls store.

Looking into other brands now too.

Consumer Reports? Now, why would a thrifty Italian get a subscription to them.....................when he has a brother that already has one!
Posted By: reivertom Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
Kenmore was once made by Maytag back when they were bullet proof. After a while they were made by whoever they could get. I have a Kenmore washer that is 25 years old and works fine, and a Sears Coldspot fridge that was in the house when I bought it in 1992, and it was old then. It has been running as a second fridge in the basement since '92. I don't think the new ones stack up to the old ones, and I don't even know if they are a brand anymore since Sears went belly up.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
To my knowledge, lots of the old Kenmore Washer/dryers were Whirlpool, back in the day. Not sure on fridges, but you likely know, Kennore didn’t MAKE anything. It was a name put on appliances built by others.

Kenmore was good quality stuff for decades, and Sears service was good, as well. Sears service is NOT good now, so I wouldn’t take the risk.

A Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, or Frigidaire is usually decent quality these days, and parts can be obtained easily. Lots of nightmare stories about trying to get parts for LG or Samsung.
Posted By: BooBear Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
Kitchen Aid is also made by Whirlpool
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
I was told by an independent repairman when he replaced a circuit board on my refrigerator that all appliances made today are all about the same and he could not recommend one over the others. They all use electronics today made by the same Chinese company and that is where the failures are today. In my case the unit would not defrost and units built today do not have a defrost timer and relay like in the past, it is all in a circuit board that has to be replaced.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20

IF........

Speed Queen built fridges/freezers

that would be my choice !
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
Most run of the mill appliances are made to last 10 years give or take. Throw away and buy a new one. There are only a few of manufacturers for all appliance brands. They are like oil filters or car batteries, they are built by just a few manufacturers
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
We remodeled last year. Bought all Kenmore appliances, and they weren’t cheap. Wish we hadn’t now.

The stainless coating on the microwave door handle is peeling. Sharp as hell and will cut you.. It’s already been replaced twice for the same thing.

The stove almost killed us. Piss poor design. If you’re not paying attention and walk too close you can turn the gas on without even realizing it. They won’t light but the gas will come on big time. It’s happened so many times now, we’ve trained ourselves to constantly check them especially before we leave the house or go to bed.

The fridge has the freezer drawer part on the bottom. It ices up and won’t close properly on occasion. The ice machine is grinding particles of plastic into the ice. They basically told me to go fugg myself and won’t do anything about it.

Fugg sears and fugg Kenmore. They got a schit ton of cash out of me and now they say they’re going out of business so I’m pretty sure I’ll have to replace all this schit again soon because the extended warranty is pretty much useless. It’s a PITA to get them to even come out; and even if they do they find an excuse not to cover it.

The microwave door I’ve pretty much given up on and what I’m gonna do is probably sand it down to take the sharp edges off the coating then paint it. I’m sick of dealing with those people.
Posted By: bt8897 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
We just replaced ours with a Whirlpool. When I called our home appliance repairman ( a friend who lives just down the street from us) he recommended Whirlpool. His advice was to buy it from Lowes and get a less expensive model and get the 2 year extended warranty for $80. His opinion was all of them are pretty much crap now- 2-3 years of service should be expected. Buy cheap and add the warranty and we would be ahead of the game. We just replaced our washing machine which made it about 4 years, after our last one that lasted 20. When he came to look at it he said the parts would run about the same as the cost of replacing it - hence the advice of buying cheap and add the warranty - we would have gotten the parts or replacement for free.

He said he gets calls for repair with Whirlpool the least
There was a run on the at the beginning of this $h1t$h0w...
Are they back in stock?
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I was told by an independent repairman when he replaced a circuit board on my refrigerator that all appliances made today are all about the same and he could not recommend one over the others. They all use electronics today made by the same Chinese company and that is where the failures are today. In my case the unit would not defrost and units built today do not have a defrost timer and relay like in the past, it is all in a circuit board that has to be replaced.

Like tikkanut mentioned, the freezers I'm looking at are manual defrost. And the ones I'm liking the best so far have few doodads or gizmos on them.

A power on light so I can see at a glance might be nice so I know it didn't flip a reset button or something. High temp alarm? Meh, I could do without if necessary.

Don't like all the electronic conveniences on the fridges nowadays. Hope we don't have an issue when we go to replace. We aren't getting water in the door, or an icemaker. We just need something to keep our food cold.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
There was a run on the at the beginning of this $h1t$h0w...
Are they back in stock?

Some I looked at are "unavailable at this time". Seems to be mostly the smaller models that would work in a condo/apartment.
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
We remodeled last year. Bought all Kenmore appliances, and they weren’t cheap. Wish we hadn’t now.

The stainless coating on the microwave door handle is peeling. Sharp as hell and will cut you.. It’s already been replaced twice for the same thing.

The stove almost killed us. Piss poor design. If you’re not paying attention and walk too close you can turn the gas on without even realizing it. They won’t light but the gas will come on big time. It’s happened so many times now, we’ve trained ourselves to constantly check them especially before we leave the house or go to bed.

The fridge has the freezer drawer part on the bottom. It ices up and won’t close properly on occasion. The ice machine is grinding particles of plastic into the ice. They basically told me to go fugg myself and won’t do anything about it.

Fugg sears and fugg Kenmore. They got a schit ton of cash out of me and now they say they’re going out of business so I’m pretty sure I’ll have to replace all this schit again soon because the extended warranty is pretty much useless. It’s a PITA to get them to even come out; and even if they do they find an excuse not to cover it.

The microwave door I’ve pretty much given up on and what I’m gonna do is probably sand it down to take the sharp edges off the coating then paint it. I’m sick of dealing with those people.

Well scheidt, that's no fun.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by Valsdad
. We just need something to keep our food cold.

That's like asking for a vehicle that just gets you
and your cargo from A to B

Or a rifle scope that you just use and don't have
to twist on something to use it
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/08/20
You never know. I have a kenmore freezer that has been running for 30 years.
I bought a kenmore washer that flooded my house because the hoses had no clamps on the fittings and threw a hose. Then a year later one of the water valves failed and wouldn't close. I fixed those things myself then a year later the transmission came apart. Chunks and black grease under it.
My best friend has a 2 year old kenmore fridge that has stopped working 5 or 6 times under warranty. And it stays down a week before sears comes to fix it.
I wouldn't buy a new kenmore anything.
Parts are terrible now.
(Diverging forme Kenmore here)
Ordered a fridge water filter 'cause it was dripping.
Three weeks later it hadn't shipped.
Cancelled & drove to HD.
Turns out it wasn't the filter, but the contraption it mounts on.

Three more weeks....
Shoulda cut it off and put a compression fitting where the contraption was...
(Upstream from the icemaker...)
We have a filter before the pressure tank anyway...
Posted By: joken2 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20

How to Identify the Manufacturer of Your Kenmore Appliance Updated on April 29, 2019

Who Makes Kenmore?

You may not know this, but Kenmore does not manufacture its appliances. The appliances are manufactured by many other companies, like Whirlpool and GE.

To figure out the manufacturer, you need only look to the model number. The first three digits followed by a dot (###.) reveal the manufacturer.

These are the main code numbers that indicate which major companies made your Kenmore:

110, 106, 562, 665, 198 = Whirlpool
103 = Roper
119 = Frigidaire
362, 363 = GE

What Else Is Made by Whirlpool?

Surprisingly, many appliances are made by Whirlpool. Here are the main ones:

Kenmore
Roper
Estate
Kirkland
Kitchenaid

These washer/dryer appliances are basically interchangeable. Once you remove the timer top and case, you have essentially the same mechanics.
Here is the location of the model number on a Kenmore dryer.

Dengarden»Home Appliances

How to Identify the Manufacturer of Your Kenmore Appliance
Updated on April 29, 2019
SteveoMc profile image
SteveoMc more

I am a retired appliance repairman with many years of experience. I am excited to share with you what I've learned over the years.
Contact Author
Whirlpool Timer Panel
Whirlpool Timer Panel
Who Makes Kenmore?

You may not know this, but Kenmore does not manufacture its appliances. The appliances are manufactured by many other companies, like Whirlpool and GE.

To figure out the manufacturer, you need only look to the model number. The first three digits followed by a dot (###.) reveal the manufacturer.

These are the main code numbers that indicate which major companies made your Kenmore:

110, 106, 562, 665, 198 = Whirlpool
103 = Roper
119 = Frigidaire
362, 363 = GE

What Else Is Made by Whirlpool?

Surprisingly, many appliances are made by Whirlpool. Here are the main ones:

Kenmore
Roper
Estate
Kirkland
Kitchenaid

These washer/dryer appliances are basically interchangeable. Once you remove the timer top and case, you have essentially the same mechanics.
How to Locate the Model Number on a Kenmore Appliance

Model numbers may be located in several places, including:

on the case under the lid,
behind the door,
on the back of the timer panel,
or on the front lower front panel.

The number will be printed on a metal tag or metallic-looking sticker. Other numbers are on the label, but you only need the model number—both for identifying the manufacturer and ordering parts.

Appliances are identified by the model number, which indicates the appliances for a group that are all the same. The model number can usually be decoded to tell the date and place of manufacture.

This number is applied to all parts that fit this group. Some parts are good for many different model numbers. For example, drum supports for a Whirlpool dryer will fit many models of Whirlpool dryers spanning years of manufacture and even different brands, all having some of the same parts.

And even "Made in USA" appliances will likely have components that aren't.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
While the girls were growing up and here thru college.
And the wife.

I was lucky to literally get 3 to 5 years outta a washer and dryer no matter what brand i bought.

Jfc
Literally 4 5 6 loads of fugging laundry daily depending on what they was doing.
The amount of laundry 4 women can generate daily is fughing beyond comprehension.

When they started moving on in life.
Literally 1 load a day and the electric and water bill dropped big time.

Me
t shirt
Pair of socks
Towel and a wash cloth
to the laundry each day
Might wear the same pair of pants 2 or 3 days depending on what I'm doing.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I was told by an independent repairman when he replaced a circuit board on my refrigerator that all appliances made today are all about the same and he could not recommend one over the others. .

Many years ago when I worked at a place that
built central A/C air handlers, we would put
whatever label on them that corresponded
with whatever was on order at the time .
So in the morning we might build so-and-so
many Carrier units, then that afternoon the
same units became Lennox by virtue of a
change of the label we put on them
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Originally Posted by Ranger99

My '01 Tacoma is std transmission and has handles to roll the windows up and down.

The only time I have twisted a dial on my scopes is when sighting them in.

I'm nearly a Luddite.
Originally Posted by renegade50
And the wife.

I was lucky to literally get 3 to 5 years outta a washer and dryer no matter what brand i bought.

Jfc
Literally 4 5 6 loads of fugging laundry daily depending on what they was doing.
The amount of laundry 4 women can generate daily is fughing beyond comprehension.

Me
t shirt
Pair of socks
Towel and a wash cloth
to the laundry each day

You, me and Conrad need to get together someday.

Pants that I wear to town to get something and get the mail do not need to go in the laundry basket that night.

Now that I no longer go commando, there ain't even any streaks in them. grin

Bath towels as much as anything.
Most every woman I have experience
with used at least 3 towels per bath/shower.
And for whatever reason none will try in
the least bit to dry off before leaving
the tub/shower.
Plus 1 roll TP min. per day

My '01 Tacoma is std transmission and has handles to roll the windows up and down.

I'm nearly a Luddite.

Same here. AKA Mr. Obsolete

I'm nearly a Luddite.

Same hear
04 Colorado
Same with a scope.

Is a luddite like a hutterite or something???

LOL!!!

Bath towels as much as anything.
Most every woman I have experience
with used at least 3 towels per bath/shower.
And for whatever reason none will try in
the least bit to dry off before leaving
the tub/shower.
Plus 1 roll TP min. per day

No schitt...

Then have 3 daughters staggered out thru high school and college trying on schit for that certain look everyday.

Nawwww this aint it...
In da hamper it goes.
Next...

Gawd....
Lol!!!!
And the wife.

Jfc

Me
t shirt
Pair of socks
Towel and a wash cloth
to the laundry each day

Pants that I wear to town to get something and get the mail do not need to go in the laundry basket that night.

Cici,s
All 3 of us

Wiping hands on pants is acceptable.

Lol!!!
And the wife.

Jfc

Me
t shirt
Pair of socks
Towel and a wash cloth
to the laundry each day

Cici,s
All 3 of us

Lol!!!

Even the sticky gooey sugary stuff on the buns?

Just on the front of the pants then. Don't want that on the seats of the 'yota.
And the wife.

Jfc

Me
t shirt
Pair of socks
Towel and a wash cloth
to the laundry each day

Cici,s
All 3 of us

Lol!!!

Even the sticky gooey sugary stuff on the buns?

Just on the front of the pants then. Don't want that on the seats of the 'yota.

Probably laundry time with em the next morning.

I'm LB1 in the house.
Laundry bytch 1

Bout the only house hold chore I do.

Mowing......
Pfffft.....
Lol!!!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Jackwagons!
Posted By: KFWA Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
these appliance threads are always across the board. You'll find as many people that love a brand as hate it.

I've generally had good luck with Kenmore but the last Kenmore item I had was probably 15 years ago

As of 2017, Kenmore products are produced by manufacturers including Whirlpool, LG, Electrolux, Panasonic, Cleva North America, and Daewoo Electronics. Today, the majority of the brand's portfolio is sold at Sears, Kmart, and Amazon.
Yes,

and officially deemed a chucklehead too.
Oh, and good luck finding a freezer, every place I've checked has had them back ordered for months since covid 19.
Oh, and good luck finding a freezer, every place I've checked has had them back ordered for months since covid 19.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Not a fan of Kenmore. The quality went down several years ago IMO. While raising a young family and putting food on the table I used to try to repair our washers and dryers when they broke down prematurely. Which was regular with Kenmore brand. Anymore I start bleeding just looking at those sharp edges.

I have no recommendation. Most brands don't build for longevity. Bad for their bottom line.

Posted By: hanco Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
We have whirlpool
Seems like a crapshoot anymore. Some investigating shows that quite a few of them are owned in situations like Remington/Marlin etc conglomerates. We know how that's working out.

Even Amana is owned by an entity that owns Whirlpool and Maytag it seems, and they used to make some really good stuff. Now it seems all three brands are basically the same units with some different add ons. Shades of General Motors, where a Caddy is just a fancy Chevy now.

Someone mentioned Speed Queen. I'm thinking they'll be the go to for the next washer we get, a commercial model.

Now to make a decision. It just might be something from the Home Depot up the road 2 hrs or maybe I just order something from Costco and have the $$ go toward the yearly refund.

Thanks all.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Lol, that’s what happened at my house this week. The redhead found a floor model mini fridge at HD and they took another $100 off the sale price.

It’s in the basement. I’ll find out the brand when I get home.

Sometimes, it’s easier to just go with the flow....
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Seems like a crapshoot anymore. Some investigating shows that quite a few of them are owned in situations like Remington/Marlin etc conglomerates. We know how that's working out.

Even Amana is owned by an entity that owns Whirlpool and Maytag it seems, and they used to make some really good stuff. Now it seems all three brands are basically the same units with some different add ons. Shades of General Motors, where a Caddy is just a fancy Chevy now.

Someone mentioned Speed Queen. I'm thinking they'll be the go to for the next washer we get, a commercial model.

Now to make a decision. It just might be something from the Home Depot up the road 2 hrs or maybe I just order something from Costco and have the $$ go toward the yearly refund.

Thanks all.

We went through this same process last winter, and finally just said screw it and bought one from Lowe's. The name on the front of the thing doesn't seem to mean anything at all.
Not sure any of the current crop of appliances are trustworthy. I have an LG side by side fridge I bought new in 2007. Knock on wood it is still working. Every once in a while I have to thaw some crust in the ice machine dispenser, but it works. Since it is removable, that's easy to do. The LG water filters were a little more expensive than domestic filters but not long after I bought it, a cheaper replacement became available in Home Depot for it.
We have purchased 4 Kenmore freezers in the last 10 years or so.

No problems.

We only buy regular freezers though.....none of that frost free garbage.
Originally Posted by bt8897
We just replaced ours with a Whirlpool. When I called our home appliance repairman ( a friend who lives just down the street from us) he recommended Whirlpool. His advice was to buy it from Lowes and get a less expensive model and get the 2 year extended warranty for $80. His opinion was all of them are pretty much crap now- 2-3 years of service should be expected. Buy cheap and add the warranty and we would be ahead of the game. We just replaced our washing machine which made it about 4 years, after our last one that lasted 20. When he came to look at it he said the parts would run about the same as the cost of replacing it - hence the advice of buying cheap and add the warranty - we would have gotten the parts or replacement for free.

He said he gets calls for repair with Whirlpool the least

Thanks bt8897,

After all my research, and all the comments here, I may just go along with the idea of buying an inexpensive model and add the extra 2 year warranty and hope for the best.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No problems.

Damn right

Nobody wants their Eskimo pies taking like freezer burnt sweet corn and dashboard condoms
Back in the 80s Kenmore was pretty dependable. But they have always been built to spec by whoever won the bid.

Back then, I remember three models of washers on the floor, each from a different manufacturer. Sears simply does not have that kind of purchasing power today, to guarantee quality contracts.

A couple of my kids have LG and are happy with them. We have brand new GE as does my son. I hate the water conservation features on the GE washer. Even on "deep fill", I will sometimes bucket 10 or 15 gallons of water in from the utility sink to make sure a load is fully submerged.

Avoid Samsung washer/dryer like the plague. My 3 kids each went through a set of Samsung in 2 to 3 years.

Maytag is no longer the cream of the crop like they were for 50 years, but they are okay.

I heard nothing but good things about the analog Speed Queens.But they have been digital, like every thing else, for a couple years. The jury is still out on the new ones.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No problems.

Damn right

Nobody wants their Eskimo pies taking like freezer burnt sweet corn and dashboard condoms

According to Home Depot, there are no more manual defrost freezers.

I paid for a new freezer in late Feb. It might get here sometime in August.
They have been saying for 10 years.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
https://twitter.com/SebastianComedy/status/1052973351310831616?s=20
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Still using the washer and dryer I bought 20 years a go. Maytag and they still work fine. Mb
Best deal on refrigerators and freezers is at a police auction . Your frozen pizzas may smell like a meth lab for a while, and your kids may develop a few learning disabilities, but you can save some serious dough
Originally Posted by auk1124
Best deal on refrigerators and freezers is at a police auction . Your frozen pizzas may smell like a meth lab for a while, and your kids may develop a few learning disabilities, but you can save some serious dough

Like buying that cool car with the white upholstery.....................that they confiscated after the shot the dude ......................except for the blood and brain matter stains that will never wash out?

No thanks.
Originally Posted by auk1124

Like buying that cool car with the white upholstery.....................that they confiscated after the shot the dude ......................except for the blood and brain matter stains that will never wash out?

No thanks.

Damn, I guess your house didn't have a chalk outline on the floor whenever you bought it either. Enjoy your Grey Poupon, Scrooge McDuck
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
Our son-in-law worked at Whirlpool, they would pull a refrigerator, cut it in two for inspection, then repair it, and sell it
cheap. He gave us a fancy job.
Nope,

had a lot of bottle caps around though. And they were not Bud Light. The good beer caps. Sierra Nevada mostly.

Dead cow skull, bunch old antlers, 2-3 cords of wood, and a pasture area where someone used to shoe horses.

But no signs of murder here.
Nope,

had a lot of bottle caps around though. And they were not Bud Light. The good beer caps. Sierra Nevada mostly.

Dead cow skull, bunch old antlers, 2-3 cords of wood, and a pasture area where someone used to shoe horses.

But no signs of murder here.

The farm I grew up on must have had one or two serious alcoholics in residence at some point in the past. For years, we would find empty pint bottles stuck in every nook and cranny of every building and hole in the ground all over the farm. We hauled probably more than a pickup truck load, no exaggeration, to a sinkhole and tossed them in. They were all fairly old bottles too, probably would be worth money today.

Come to think of it, they were probably worth more money than my parents ever made off the godforsaken place.
Someone gonna find that sinkhole one day an' get all your money!
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Kenmore appliances ???? - 07/09/20
We bought our house over 30 years ago.
We moved the existing side by side Whirlpool, frig/freezer into the garage.
Installed a new Whirlpool
We just now gave the working garage unit away
The best IMO
Originally Posted by TBREW401
We bought our house over 30 years ago.
We moved the existing side by side Whirlpool, frig/freezer into the garage.
Installed a new Whirlpool
We just now gave the working garage unit away
The best IMO

We have an old Hotpoint fridge that is probably 30 years old or older. Still chugging along just fine. I think Hotpoint is Chinese now.
© 24hourcampfire