Home

I have pretty simple goals this year

1). I want to find my first arrowhead - so I’m learning about that

2). I’ll build a rifle for the kid, and possibly nephew / nieces (I’m a smith, not a big stretch here... already bought a couple ADL’s as the platforms)

3). I’m going to build a box blind to keep my giblets warm while deer hunting.

Other than that Continue Duck, Deer, pheasant & Quail hunting

2021 I’ll put Elk back on the radar.
As much as possible whenever possible.
To hunt deer in Alabama.
If it’s brown, it’s down

My daughter’s orthodontist is trading me venison for braces. A lady DDS at that, one of those “whole food” type persons.

Strange , but God must have put this deal in my path is the only the way I can see it.

I do have to process it for her, no problem there either.

Rock on!!

Renegade50, no more throwing those deer off in the ditch at the stop sign. Just bring them out to my walk-in cooler.
Mine is very simple. To bag a whitetail buck. I haven't shot one since 1985, and I'm due! Of course, as my buddy says "you can't shoot one sitting on the couch". Actually, I could if it were legal. We have so many deer around here. A simple goal for an old man.
Goal #1 To get to hunt with my son. It's a long trip up here from Indiana for him.
Goal #2 To see my son kill a nice deer.
Gioal #3 To see the other members of our group fill their tags too.
Goal #4 To be healthy enough to hunt gun, archery, and ML seasons.
Goal #5 To make it back out east to hunt out of my camp in Pennsylvania
Goal #6 To fill a tag.
My goals shifted considerably about two months ago when the covid scare killed off my elk hunt on a NM ranch. I’ll be hunting antelope with our son, his first “out west” hunt. Hope he kills a good one and I’ll be more than happy for any nice one that comes along after he scores.

Looking at a mule deer hunt in place of the elk hunt...a decent MD buck has always been on my bucket list.

Killed a monster whitetail this past fall...,I’ll be a little more relaxed in the stand this year...no pressure for a huge one.
To kill a deer on the property I bought a year ago. Went through last season without shooting one. I was about to shoot a decent buck with my bow last year but a 3 foot section of dead branch fell out of the tree next to me just as he was stepping into the shooting lane at 30 yards.
To get fishing in NW Ontario!!

My goal is to get my son to arrow his first elk.
And me to do the same, along with arrow if a whitetail on my land in ks.
To be fortunate enough to take to the field once again is my main goal. I plan to attend my hunting clubs opening day dove hunt and pig picking event - that is the ceremonial kicking off of the autumn hunting season. I'll hunt whitetail - two does for my freezer and a wall hanger if one presents itself. I plan to duck hunt with a group of friends on Currituck Sound in December - made my reservation last December. Would love to get behind a pack of beagles on a rabbit hunt this season (been several years since I've done that - but I think I can make that happen one more time). I will attend a nice quail hunt or two at a "plantation" style hunting club in the southern Piedmont section of the state. Finally I will get out after another Gobbler in the spring. In between hunting I will fish all I can (FW & SW) especially on the new boat I bought three weeks ago and have nearly gotten the engine broken in.
Kill schit.
Bring em to slumlords meat for braces program.
LOL!!!

Ditches been getting full last couple years.
LOL!!!
Way to jump start his his ass.

This might make the day better for sure .

Thanks slum. grin

next trip out should reach 500 kills on p/dogs.....

usually keep a rough count... 75-80 per trip

223AI on table

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Oh......
Hopefully get a shot at the starsky and hutch buck on slumlords place before he does....
LOL!!!

I pray ta god the stupid azz keebler dad and son dont get a gift from god and stumble into a shot on him either.

That buck got EXTREMELY lucky last year I didnt get another 1 or 2 seconds on him with the crosshair.
Has ta be adding another 10 to 15 inches on him this yr.
Solid 150 to 155 class buck at least this yr I bet.

LOL!!!
Kill stuff. Fill the freezer.
all I look forward to is some meat hunting. Venison and turkey getting low in the freezer
I have 2 shorthairs that are going to be starting their prime this fall. I have long wanted to hunt Kansas, but have heard the bird numbers are down and I am not sure where to start.

A friend and I are hunting deer in North Dakota together for the first time in 6 years. Don't care if we get anything, just happy to be getting out.
Put my dogs on the ground at lest 100 days.
I had hoped to make it to BC late August...
P&Y by recurve.
Got two that will score good enough in the area.
They didnt show til way late last yr
4 BLM’s
6 Antifa’s

Seriously, I drew a holy grail antelope tag for what very well could be the best unit in the state.
And remember, it’s the hunt, not the kill that’s the thrill!
To get my wife in position to get another Wyoming mule deer, and maybe me too!
1) cow elk
2) drag out kayak and many dozens of decoys that haven't seen water in a few years and hunt big water.
Get all my stands, feeders, etc set up and ready.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
To hunt deer in Alabama.

Why would you wanna do that when you live in NM?
To take 3 deer & possibly a black bear off our new home property, to fill the meat larders again !
Originally Posted by mirage243
To hunt deer in Alabama.

I don't think Ken drew any tags for NM ??
Take 2 Deer for the freezer! and be able to hunt with my old buddy for a few days at his hunting camp! his wife is so afraid of the C19 that she wont let him be around anyone! I asked him to be my best man, and he had to back out on that even!
+100 inch Coues
Put meat in the freezer.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
To hunt deer in Alabama.

You gotta draw for deer tags in NM?
No goals other than enjoying my time in the outdoors.
To hunt deer in Alabama.

Not Alabama, but I can put you all over some Mississippi deer if you can take me elk hunting in NM!!
If I can just be healthy and get into the woods to deer hunt for a couple weeks in November, after Donald Trump is re-elected, I will be a happy camper.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
To hunt deer in Alabama.

You gotta draw for deer tags in NM?

Yes it is a draw here in NM and yes I did draw a deer tag for NM.

I was planning on hunting in Alabama two years ago when something came up and I was not able to make it.
Originally Posted by country_20boy
To hunt deer in Alabama.

Not Alabama, but I can put you all over some Mississippi deer if you can take me elk hunting in NM!!

That is tempting. wink
1 deer with handgun, 1 bear, and run the beagles on hare every chance I get
I need to give the dogs some deer meat I have in the garage freezer. I don’t even have room for Klondike bars.

Mmmmmm backstrap sicles from 2015
Deer salami and sausage. Fugg it.

Hopefully no tag soup.👹
Holy foook , I just realized I haven’t even drilled holes in the wall for last year’s two Euros.

16 X 20 of Taylor Swift will have to come down to make room.
Originally Posted by slumlord
If it’s brown, it’s down

My daughter’s orthodontist is trading me venison for braces. A lady DDS at that, one of those “whole food” type persons.

Strange , but God must have put this deal in my path is the only the way I can see it.

Rock on!!

Renegade50, no more throwing those deer off in the ditch at the stop sign. Just bring them out to my walk-in cooler.

I'd take that down before deer assassin, or whateverthefuk his name was, sees it. He'll have his entire family done by 15 September.
Hell,I am happy to be able to go one more year. drew a ML cow tag again.
Originally Posted by RemModel8
If it’s brown, it’s down

Rock on!!

I'd take that down before deer assassin, or whateverthefuk his name was, sees it. He'll have his entire family done by 15 September.

Haha

He divorced his wife and her litter went with her.
We’ve been getting to the mountains every chance we get. With no Internet, televison or telecommunications, life is good.

I am hoping to fill my buck and doe antelope tags with the new .257 Weatherby that friends gave me.

I drew a mule deer tag in a hard-to-draw area full of nice bucks, and I am hoping to get a decent buck with my bow. If that doesn’t work out, I can hunt the gun season hard for two weeks.

I would like to get any elk with my bow. (Gun season is too much of a zoo to bother.)
Kill a deer this year if I can get to the mountains.
I'm amazed at the "I hope I kill a deer" responses.

Sheit, I can do that by 9 o'clock tonight with a car. 🤣
Survive 2 wks of DIY archery elk in NW MT then to SD for spot n stalk mule deer. Rest of the season will be hunting NY and with my boys in PA.

I make the deer wait till I put that last “lol” on a text message or post

lol

...just kidding...Tn deer are wary, wiley, cunning and all that chess game stuff.
Only tag I drew in Colorado this year was a deer tag. Besides I need the meat.
At this time in my life none of my goals are difficult... I have done most of the things I dreamed of as a kid.. And many more now that I think of it.. This fall I hope to see my step daughters catch their first antelope bucks, get a few antelope my self, a decent whitetail and mule deer buck, shoot some forest grouse and sage grouse with my goldens, get a few ducks, and maybe a goose.. I would also like to get a couple fall turkeys.. That is the turkey hunting we did when I was a kid... Spring gobbler seasons were still years away!! I want to take a fall trip to Montana and fish a bit, hunt some forest grouse, and get a turkey up there.. Missed my spring trip for varmints... Looking forward to shooting some roosters and watching my goldens hunt.. They love it.. Also try to get enough ambition to try and fill at least one of my elk tags.. Mostly I want to enjoy the fall it is so brief, and that is very important.. Don't know how many
falls I have left to go.. Certainly not nearly as many as I have already seen..
20 to 30 days of Bighorn hunting, Mountain Goat for the neighbor kid, a bull elk usually happens but it cannot get in the way of our Sheep hunting
My goal this hunting season is shaping up to be trying to shoot the big black bear that has been destroying our bird feeders and getting into our garbage this spring & summer. This is the first year out of the 35 yrs I've lived here that we've had such a problem and I don't like having to look over my shoulder every time I go outside. This won't be so much of a hunt as a hit job. I just want to get rid of this thing. It walks around like it owns this place and is totally unafraid of humans. One thing I know, if it sees me it won't run away from me. Rather than yell at it, I'll let my 35 Whelen do the talking for me.
My goal is to have as much fun as I did last year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by RemModel8
If it’s brown, it’s down

Rock on!!

Lol!!!!!
Hahahaha!!!!

I make the deer wait till I put that last “lol” on a text message or post

lol

...just kidding...Tn deer are wary, wiley, cunning and all that chess game stuff.

Lol!!!!

That mutant 3.5 yr 5pt with a mr peanut shriveled nut sack i whacked last yr with the 8mm was far from any of characteristics you just named.

LOL!!!
To go kill things and eat them--
I'm going deep sea fishing this weekend, I'll have a different answer Monday.
Same as always. Fill the freezer.
Originally Posted by cooper57m
My goal this hunting season is shaping up to be trying to shoot the big black bear that has been destroying our bird feeders and getting into our garbage this spring & summer. This is the first year out of the 35 yrs I've lived here that we've had such a problem and I don't like having to look over my shoulder every time I go outside. This won't be so much of a hunt as a hit job. I just want to get rid of this thing. It walks around like it owns this place and is totally unafraid of humans. One thing I know, if it sees me it won't run away from me. Rather than yell at it, I'll let my 35 Whelen do the talking for me.

A Whelan? I think I have heard of those before!

My son and d-i-l have already shot 3 bears and friends working with them killed three more... moose tags to fill... everything else will be gravy. Thinking about pheasants in October or november...
It is hard to plan an out of state hunt these days. I already have wolf and Mt. Lion tags for Idaho and hope to get a left over Mule Deer tag for Nv. If all travel plans are impractical I will probably buy a small travel trailer and give the Nevada coyotes hell. I wish coyote tasted better.

mike r
Priority is get a deer for my youngest followed by a bigger bear.
GreggH
Typical hunting season in Wyoming...general elk tag, 2 cow tags, 2 buck pronghorn tags, general deer additional whitetail buck tag, bear, lion, wolf tags just in case. Wife has a good pronghorn tag as well. My nephew has a NR youth general bull tag for Wyoming, have 3 friends that all drew NR general elk tags as well. I also have Montana NR Native deer tag and my Dad drew a MT breaks rifle bull tag and an elk b tag as well. Will help him out then my Dad, 2 nephews, Brother and I will hunt deer in Montana. Going to give Midwest Whitetail hunting on a friends private in Illinois a try this year too. Squeeze in the annual late summer AK fishing trip with 5 good friends...halibut, salmon, rockfish, lingcod...yada yada.

Sort of ho-hum, but enough to keep busy.

Simply......to go hunting! memtb
To be able to rebuild the stairs to my tower blind this summer, get to deer camp able to walk and gut my own deer. It sucks to get old. I own a great deer property in the Illinois golden triangle. Fused spine, knee replacement and sixty year ago polio peoblems make the deer season a challenge but I WILL hunt. Stan
Originally Posted by Papag
To be able to rebuild the stairs to my tower blind this summer, get to deer camp able to walk and gut my own deer. It sucks to get old. I own a great deer property in the Illinois golden triangle. Fused spine, knee replacement and sixty year ago polio peoblems make the deer season a challenge but I WILL hunt. Stan

Nail a bruiser dude.
Get younger guys to get it outta the woods.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by cooper57m

A Whelan? I think I have heard of those before!

You should, you know I first heard about the Whelen from you when we were 14 and you regaled us with stories of your family in Alaska . I have plenty of rifles in acceptable calibers to shoot this thing but it's another excuse to use the M700 Whelen. Besides, this is a big boar bear and I want a nice big hole on both sides of this thing. I have some 225 gr. Trophy Bonded Bear Claws, that I bought for a past Moose hunt, that'll accomplish that feat.
I'm going to hunt with my new recurve. I've still got 2 1/2 months to get good enough to make a reliable/ethical 20-yard shot. If I can't get there I'll default to my compound.
Just to go. Last year I had health issues that crapped my season. This year I hope to shoot a few does and fill the freezer up with venison in Nov and kill a nice buck in Alabama in January or early Feb.
Go bird hunting everyday I can. Got a couple of old timers that might not have too many seasons left in'm, and a puppy that needs wild birds.

Blues, sharptail, sage, chuks, huns, bobs, scales, and mearns are the main goal. Sept to Feb.

Oh and maybe a lowly pheasant or two.
© 24hourcampfire