Home
Posted By: g5m Supreme Court does it again - 07/10/20
Turns back the clock. Effect on Oklahoma yet to be determined:

https://oklahoman.com/article/5666401/us-supreme-court-rules-against-oklahoma-in-creek-nation-case
Originally Posted by g5m
Turns back the clock. Effect on Oklahoma yet to be determined...
The Indians and the lawyers are gonna make out like bandits.
Posted By: ERK Re: Supreme Court does it again - 07/10/20
Save the rapist. Oh ya that’s a just cause. Ed k
We didn't take the Indian wars far enough when we had the chance
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Supreme Court does it again - 07/10/20
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...lahoma-in-creek-nation-case#Post15036081
The Indian problem we have to deal with up here via the Boldt decision is an unmitigated disaster for the resources. The immunity the Indians receive from the state has decimated our fish and game. I don’t wish that misery on any state.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The Indian problem we have to deal with up here via the Boldt decision is an unmitigated disaster for the resources. The immunity the Indians receive from the state has decimated our fish and game. I don’t wish that misery on any state.

Same thing been going on up here for decades, but its getting worse. Total disaster...
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Supreme Court does it again - 07/10/20

Can they be trained to slaughter pinnipeds?

At least then they could help the fisheries.
Originally Posted by AB2506

Can they be trained to slaughter pinnipeds?

At least then they could help the fisheries.

They can and do shoot seals and sea lions. I was fishing a river one day close to Indian land when a skiff pulled up and beached by me. They had a rifle but no fishing gear. I asked them if they were hunting or fishing, they said technically they were doing neither, they were just out shooting seals and sea lions. If that’d been my reply I’d still be doing time in a federal penitentiary. I wish they’d shoot enough pinnipeds to make an appreciable difference in their numbers.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Supreme Court does it again - 07/10/20
I’ve been thinking about this and best I can tell, the biggest effect is a schitload more federal power.

I understand that on the reservations out west, this is already how it is. The tribes have control over misdemeanors that occur on reservations and the feds control the felonies. But, of course, Oklahoma isn’t a reservation. So that means that the Feds will have control over all felonies committed by Indians within the boundaries of the Indian Nations. Who are the Indians? People on the tribal rolls? Well, in Oklahoma that runs the gamut from people who look like the squaw in Josey Wales to my blonde haired and blue eyed sister-in-law. So, now I guess that if one of my nephews was to go to the lake In Broken Bow and get charged with a felony somehow, instead of dealing with the local DA and somewhat friendly local courts, he would be dealing with the Feds who overcharge everything and have strict sentencing guidelines removing a lot of discretion. Indians in Oklahoma are pretty integrated and are just average people.

So, once again, like most federal decisions, this one appears to greatly increase federal power and intrusion into the lives of average people.
© 24hourcampfire