Home
Posted By: Gibby New OWB Hoster - 07/29/20
Like a lot of people here, I have a drawer full of holsters. Kind of like my wife with her shoes. Except she uses the floor and shelves.

Most of the time I am packing here at home using a belt holster carrying some kind of 1911 or a 3 or 4" revolver. I don't go to "town" on a regular basis, but when I do, I carry something concealed mostly using an IWB holster. The way things are now, I won't leave home without packing something. If it turns into an all day thing, its starts to be uncomfortable. I started wearing an OWB more often lately for conceal carry. At my age, I like them better.

For now, rather than getting on a long waiting list, I opted to buy something in stock. After a lot of research and having a few of their holsters already, I decided to go with Wilson Combat. It is their Lo-Profile Elite Compact for a Commander length pistol. Ordered it on a Friday and got it on the next Tuesday. Quality is great. Service is great.

Right away, I placed a Lightweight Commander in it and wore it all day yesterday. It's a keeper. I am sure it will get better as it wears in like any good leather holster. It tucks in very well at 3 to 4 o'clock.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: New OWB Hoster - 07/29/20
I have a drawer full, but there’s two or three that get the bulk of the use.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: New OWB Hoster - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by Gibby

............. If it turns into an all day thing, its starts to be uncomfortable. I started wearing an OWB more often lately for conceal carry. At my age, I like them better.

I've moved to almost all OWB. When I IWB I try to limit it to a short time. With high quality custom holsters of both types, OWB is more comfortable for me. When using an off-the shelf or less costly holster, the comfort of OWB vs IWB increases by an even greater margin.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: New OWB Hoster - 07/29/20
If I could, I'd go everywhere with a Tom Threepersons type holster
Posted By: Gibby Re: New OWB Hoster - 07/31/20
I am thinking of buying another for a full size 1911.
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: New OWB Hoster - 07/31/20
I really like Galco "Concealable" OTW. I also use Mitch Rosin's "Leather Lightning" in it. A "Paddle " OTW sometimes would be good. For driving around, hard to beat a "Crossdraw" anything! smile Its like the old saying, "If you can't get to it in 2 seconds, better have another Plan"! ha
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: New OWB Hoster - 07/31/20
Picked up a “Braids “ brand owb holster for a p365XL.

For around the yard / deer camp use. Well made.
Posted By: Gibby Re: New OWB Hoster - 07/31/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I really like Galco "Concealable" OTW. I also use Mitch Rosin's "Leather Lightning" in it. A "Paddle " OTW sometimes would be good. For driving around, hard to beat a "Crossdraw" anything! smile Its like the old saying, "If you can't get to it in 2 seconds, better have another Plan"! ha

I like using crossdraw holsters when carrying a long gun in the field. Comes in very handy without guns colliding.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: New OWB Hoster - 07/31/20

I too use cross drawn OWB holsters. I prefer Mernickle , as they are one of the few , that make a Hard Crossdraw.

Have several. 6" Python, PMR 30, Ruger Hunter , other revolvers.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: New OWB Hoster - 08/01/20
Lots of good 1911 holsters out there. I like El Paso Saddlery a lot, their Torilla the most.

I also appreciate a cross draw when out & about. I have one for my J-frame.
© 24hourcampfire