Home
Posted By: CashisKing Moving to the South - 07/29/20
In these troubling times many people are contemplating relocating from their current Urban Democratic Nirvana City.

Those of us in the South offer the following marketing advertisement for your consideration.

https://youtu.be/9gLN3QoN-q8
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
I would think that’s more of a advertisement for moving to San Francisco!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Virginia is in the south?
Posted By: Raeford Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

Clearly NORTH EAST these days!

FYI- we've been all over Douglas Lake area 'looking' the past three months...
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20

I have seen more NewYork plates in the last couple of months than in my whole life in North Arkansas. I have heard they are looking for an escape from NY.
I think many of them will find that they can live in a much nicer home with land among people who are friendly and helpful.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

I have seen more NewYork plates in the last couple of months than in my whole life in North Arkansas. I have heard they are looking for an escape from NY.
I think many of them will find that they can live in a much nicer home with land among people who are friendly and helpful.

I have been getting ungodly good offers in the mail to buy that little 30 acre hay meadow i have out front, some attorney/land broker etc keeps sending them. crazy
Originally Posted by gunner500

I have been getting ungodly good offers in the mail to buy that little 30 acre hay meadow i have out front, some attorney/land broker etc keeps sending them. crazy

Seeing more NY/NJ plates down here in SW Virginia and E Tenn than ever before.
I'm plannin to hook one of the bastages up with a sweet deal on my 72 acres in Virginia.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20

Banjos Lives Matter...
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20

And when enough of em move in to attain critical mass, life for those "friendly and helpful" people is gonna change forever.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Banjos Lives Matter...

Pollution is indeed everywhere, but most of Virginia is still in the South.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20

Getting similar in the mail for a piece of property in Louisiana.
Originally Posted by Raeford

I'm plannin to hook one of the bastages up with a sweet deal on my 72 acres in Virginia.

Make it hurt Raeford! ; ]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
I've seen two cars with new york plates here in town.

Yes, compared to where I live it's definitely the south. Hell, almost everything is.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
We are anticipating an increase in the already massive migration to this area. Custom builders are getting calls daily from northeasterners wanting homes built. I guess they figured that they ruined where they currently live, so now they can come down here and do the same. They will turn our state a deep blue, and pollute our state with their existence. Lucky us, huh? We shouldn’t let them vote for 20 years.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Yup, don't know if it's for Yanks, out of state deer hunters, or mineral folk.
Our place in West Virginia is 305 acres.

Just got my yearly tax bill... $682

$2.25 an acre.

Damn money grubbing fughing politicians.
Our place in West Virginia is 305 acres.

Just got my yearly tax bill... $682

$2.25 an acre.

Damn money grubbing fughing politicians.

I'm going to call the boys down the holler and make those bastard politicians squeal like a pig...

https://youtu.be/9gLN3QoN-q8

I figure it’s Flippers, Gunner.

A friend in Mississippi has gotten them also.

All of this has been since last December.

I figure it’s Flippers, Gunner.

A friend in Mississippi has gotten them also.

All of this has been since last December.

Ten-Fo, they can keep on flippin, I have nothing for sale.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
We are anticipating an increase in the already massive migration to this area. Custom builders are getting calls daily from northeasterners wanting homes built. I guess they figured that they ruined where they currently live, so now they can come down here and do the same. They will turn our state a deep blue, and pollute our state with their existence. Lucky us, huh? We shouldn’t let them vote for 20 years.

I saw a news blip on Bloomberg saying that Toll Brothers had an extensive backlog of high end homes to be built.

Their stock price apparently reflects that compared to other exchange listed builders.
Posted By: memtb Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20

The “second coming” of the carpet baggers! As if enough damage weren’t accomplished the first time! memtb
Originally Posted by memtb

The “second coming” of the carpet baggers! As if enough damage weren’t accomplished the first time! memtb

That’s no scchitt. A family that I know well had a large, beautiful Ante bellum Plantation Home and decided to sell it and some property. They advertised it last November and it sold in the first week of December to a Connecticut couple, cash deal, mega bucks and they did it online without visiting the home.

When the couple came down in January the lady told them to get those dirty cows off of the property, didn’t care how or where to, just get them off. So, they sold the cows and kept the money.

The couple has the home and land looking like the showplace that it truly is.
Originally Posted by Raeford

Make it hurt Raeford! ; ]

Dat be the plan wink
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Carpetbaggers and scalawags- - - - - - -those lowlife scum who suck yankee diick are worse than the rude, obnoxious immigrants! They were lower than a snake's belly 150 years ago, and things haven't improved since then!
Posted By: JB in SC Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Got two folks from Ohio move in up the street, they hid the car tags by backing into the driveway until they got new ones. They won’t last long here, never do.
Posted By: tzone Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Little pieces of property here are selling like crazy. I'm talking 5-10 acre spots that were part of someone's yard. Builders are buying them fast, clearing them, and jamming 50-100 spec homes on them as fast as they can build them.

There was 20 ac swampy, wetland piece across the road from our house. No normal person would buy it, let alone build on it. There is 20 houses and a "park" on it now. I'd be willing to be they don't know their $750,000 house was a swamp 2 years ago. Good luck on the sump pump, you're going to need it.
Posted By: las Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
As long as they be goin' South.... smile
Posted By: reivertom Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Yeah......Us fellers here in Kentucky like us some nice Yankee boys with them purrdy mouths.....Better not move here either!
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Gators really like the taste of Yankees. Sharks too.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by las

If I ever move, I'm heading your way. I figure I'll rent the first year and see if I freeze to death........if not reevaluate. If I can't hack the winter I'll come back to Georgia and live with the Yankees......couldn't abide being a fake Alaskan that doesn't stay for winter. The way I see it, the weather and high cost of living weeds out the weak and the riff-raffs. If that includes me so be it.

Don't worry too much. None of the above is likely. laugh
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Gators really like the taste of Yankees. Sharks too.

Sure didn't keep the Yankees from moving west of Range Line Road, better known as 441. Out west where I grew up hunting and fishing between Delray and Lake Worth was a joke when I left 35 years ago. My brother said we grew up at the right time in Florida. We're heading for Alaska one can only hope that maybe the bears will eat us.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Clarksvegas Tn sucks the root.

Nashville and Memphis🤟🤟🤟🤔🤩🤩🤩😎😍🤑🤓🙈🙉🙊
Posted By: jimy Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Got two folks from Ohio move in up the street, they hid the car tags by backing into the driveway until they got new ones. They won’t last long here, never do.

Nice story, and some might even believe you, except Ohio has front and back plates, but at least you spelt all of the big words right, give your sis a squeeze for me ! smile
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by las

If I ever move, I'm heading your way. I figure I'll rent the first year and see if I freeze to death........if not reevaluate. If I can't hack the winter I'll come back to Georgia and live with the Yankees......couldn't abide being a fake Alaskan that doesn't stay for winter. The way I see it, the weather and high cost of living weeds out the weak and the riff-raffs. If that includes me so be it.

Don't worry too much. None of the above is likely. laugh

I'd rather be a fake Alaskan than freeze to death. My wife has a nice summer place on Grindstone Island right on the Canadian border but the Yankees from the city and taxes have her thinking about Alaska.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Your right there's to much military riff raff on the corners holding signs cause their scared of their woman. I can sorta relate to that.

Wouldn't think there was much left there after all the Chicago retirees have moved there.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
I've got some nice southern property for sale, to damyankees only. $500.00 an acre, so the price is right. It's about 30 miles due south of Key West! Be sure to bring SCUBA gear, though!
Posted By: LovesLevers Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by reivertom
Yeah......Us fellers here in Kentucky like us some nice Yankee boys with them purrdy mouths.....Better not move here either!

I prefer pretty ladies myself. But hey, who am I to judge. Enjoy what you like.
Frangible bullets leave no rifling evidence to be used in a court of law at a later date.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
The easy solution is to ban air conditioners.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by RemModel8
The easy solution is to ban air conditioners.

Yep, refrigeration started the great migration south.
Looks like freon might be our downfall.
I would hate to live without it, I have before and it sucked bigly.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20

a lot of people bust on arkansas, including me, but if i was moving south i think that's where i'd head. i like the northern la, arkansas area. of course that was almost 40 years ago though so things may have changed.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by jimy

Nice story, and some might even believe you, except Ohio has front and back plates, but at least you spelt all of the big words right, give your sis a squeeze for me ! smile

That would be a cool reply, but Ohio doesn’t require a front plate anymore
Frangible bullets leave no rifling evidence to be used in a court of law at a later date.

Just go pick up your arrow and leave, shhhhhhh ; ]
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
The south has bugs, lots of bugs -- big roaches and bigger water bugs--
The south has snakes, lots of bad snakes, and gators--( they will get in your pool, on your porch)
The south has mosquitos, big ones
The south has way too many yankees
The south is NOT where you want to be
Did I mention the bugs?
Originally Posted by TBREW401
The south has bugs, lots of bugs -- big roaches and bigger water bugs--
The south has snakes, lots of bad snakes, and gators--( they will get in your pool, on your porch)
The south has mosquitos, big ones
The south has way too many yankees
The south is NOT where you want to be
Did I mention the bugs?

And meth labs, you left out the meth labs, lets not forget crazy hillbilly's with guns shooting all the damn time! ; ]
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20

Its unlikely to be any of them because they mostly do not have enough money to leave their home area and move to SC, but a lot of the people in southeastern Ohio, near the WV and KY borders, are about as redneck and hillbilly as you can get. Those folks aren't bad at all and would probably fit right in to any rural area in the US.

Doubtful if you got any of them, though, you probably got a retired dentist from Cleveland.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by renegade50

Your right there's to much military riff raff on the corners holding signs cause their scared of their woman. I can sorta relate to that.

Lol!!!
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Moving to the South - 07/29/20
It's unfortunate that there are so many STRONG patriots and CONSERVATIVES that can't move to RED states because of their wives..
Originally Posted by RemModel8
It's unfortunate that there are so many STRONG patriots and CONSERVATIVES that can't move to RED states because of their wives..

LOL, those boys should have been smart enough to NOT dicka liberal in the first place.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: Moving to the South - 07/30/20
Originally Posted by auk1124

Its unlikely to be any of them because they mostly do not have enough money to leave their home area and move to SC, but a lot of the people in southeastern Ohio, near the WV and KY borders, are about as redneck and hillbilly as you can get. Those folks aren't bad at all and would probably fit right in to any rural area in the US.

Doubtful if you got any of them, though, you probably got a retired dentist from Cleveland.

We managed an apartment complex near Charlotte for fifteen or so years. Had dozens moving down in the 80’s and 90’s working for one business (can’t recall the name). It was always “that’s not how we did it in Ohio”. Got a little tired of hearing it. I won’t paint them with too wide a brush, but you hear them at county council meetings complaining about the lack of services and stuff like water parks, softball fields, etc. Can’t seem to grasp those low taxes didn’t get that way by trying to increase budgets by 50%
© 24hourcampfire