Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
We are anticipating an increase in the already massive migration to this area. Custom builders are getting calls daily from northeasterners wanting homes built. I guess they figured that they ruined where they currently live, so now they can come down here and do the same. They will turn our state a deep blue, and pollute our state with their existence. Lucky us, huh? We shouldn’t let them vote for 20 years.

I saw a news blip on Bloomberg saying that Toll Brothers had an extensive backlog of high end homes to be built.

Their stock price apparently reflects that compared to other exchange listed builders.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

The “second coming” of the carpet baggers! As if enough damage weren’t accomplished the first time! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by memtb

The “second coming” of the carpet baggers! As if enough damage weren’t accomplished the first time! memtb

That’s no scchitt. A family that I know well had a large, beautiful Ante bellum Plantation Home and decided to sell it and some property. They advertised it last November and it sold in the first week of December to a Connecticut couple, cash deal, mega bucks and they did it online without visiting the home.

When the couple came down in January the lady told them to get those dirty cows off of the property, didn’t care how or where to, just get them off. So, they sold the cows and kept the money.

The couple has the home and land looking like the showplace that it truly is.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

I have seen more NewYork plates in the last couple of months than in my whole life in North Arkansas. I have heard they are looking for an escape from NY.
I think many of them will find that they can live in a much nicer home with land among people who are friendly and helpful.

I have been getting ungodly good offers in the mail to buy that little 30 acre hay meadow i have out front, some attorney/land broker etc keeps sending them. crazy

Seeing more NY/NJ plates down here in SW Virginia and E Tenn than ever before.
I'm plannin to hook one of the bastages up with a sweet deal on my 72 acres in Virginia.

Make it hurt Raeford! ; ]

Dat be the plan wink

FJB & FJT
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Carpetbaggers and scalawags- - - - - - -those lowlife scum who suck yankee diick are worse than the rude, obnoxious immigrants! They were lower than a snake's belly 150 years ago, and things haven't improved since then!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Got two folks from Ohio move in up the street, they hid the car tags by backing into the driveway until they got new ones. They won’t last long here, never do.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Little pieces of property here are selling like crazy. I'm talking 5-10 acre spots that were part of someone's yard. Builders are buying them fast, clearing them, and jamming 50-100 spec homes on them as fast as they can build them.

There was 20 ac swampy, wetland piece across the road from our house. No normal person would buy it, let alone build on it. There is 20 houses and a "park" on it now. I'd be willing to be they don't know their $750,000 house was a swamp 2 years ago. Good luck on the sump pump, you're going to need it.

Camp is where you make it.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
As long as they be goin' South.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yeah......Us fellers here in Kentucky like us some nice Yankee boys with them purrdy mouths.....Better not move here either!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gators really like the taste of Yankees. Sharks too.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by las

If I ever move, I'm heading your way. I figure I'll rent the first year and see if I freeze to death........if not reevaluate. If I can't hack the winter I'll come back to Georgia and live with the Yankees......couldn't abide being a fake Alaskan that doesn't stay for winter. The way I see it, the weather and high cost of living weeds out the weak and the riff-raffs. If that includes me so be it.

Don't worry too much. None of the above is likely. laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Gators really like the taste of Yankees. Sharks too.

Sure didn't keep the Yankees from moving west of Range Line Road, better known as 441. Out west where I grew up hunting and fishing between Delray and Lake Worth was a joke when I left 35 years ago. My brother said we grew up at the right time in Florida. We're heading for Alaska one can only hope that maybe the bears will eat us.

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Clarksvegas Tn sucks the root.

Nashville and Memphis🤟🤟🤟🤔🤩🤩🤩😎😍🤑🤓🙈🙉🙊

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Got two folks from Ohio move in up the street, they hid the car tags by backing into the driveway until they got new ones. They won’t last long here, never do.

Nice story, and some might even believe you, except Ohio has front and back plates, but at least you spelt all of the big words right, give your sis a squeeze for me ! smile

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by las

If I ever move, I'm heading your way. I figure I'll rent the first year and see if I freeze to death........if not reevaluate. If I can't hack the winter I'll come back to Georgia and live with the Yankees......couldn't abide being a fake Alaskan that doesn't stay for winter. The way I see it, the weather and high cost of living weeds out the weak and the riff-raffs. If that includes me so be it.

Don't worry too much. None of the above is likely. laugh

I'd rather be a fake Alaskan than freeze to death. My wife has a nice summer place on Grindstone Island right on the Canadian border but the Yankees from the city and taxes have her thinking about Alaska.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by renegade50
Clarksvegas Tn sucks the root.

Nashville and Memphis🤟🤟🤟🤔🤩🤩🤩😎😍🤑🤓🙈🙉🙊

Your right there's to much military riff raff on the corners holding signs cause their scared of their woman. I can sorta relate to that.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

I have seen more NewYork plates in the last couple of months than in my whole life in North Arkansas. I have heard they are looking for an escape from NY.
I think many of them will find that they can live in a much nicer home with land among people who are friendly and helpful.

Wouldn't think there was much left there after all the Chicago retirees have moved there.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've got some nice southern property for sale, to damyankees only. $500.00 an acre, so the price is right. It's about 30 miles due south of Key West! Be sure to bring SCUBA gear, though!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by reivertom
Yeah......Us fellers here in Kentucky like us some nice Yankee boys with them purrdy mouths.....Better not move here either!

I prefer pretty ladies myself. But hey, who am I to judge. Enjoy what you like.

Does this .405 Winchester make my butt look big?
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Frangible bullets leave no rifling evidence to be used in a court of law at a later date.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1minute, 007FJ, 270cowboy, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,557
Posts18,491,741
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.