Home
Posted By: cisco1 MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
https://youtu.be/Aovl3ldTMzQ
Posted By: OldHat Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
What is the most reliable Gun Advocate group?
Posted By: DocEd Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
I will not send the NRA another dime until they get rid of Wayne Lapierre.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
The NRA has become a swamp.............................. drain the swamp.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
Originally Posted by DocEd

The leadership will destroy it before they step away from that 400 million annual revenue, if they are even pulling in that kind of money anymore
Posted By: NVhntr Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
I''m not listening to a 16 minute video full of buy my stuff yacking.
Whats the Cliff notes version?
Posted By: 358WCF Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
Originally Posted by Pat85

The leadership will destroy it before they step away from that 400 million annual revenue, if they are even pulling in that kind of money anymore

It was a good run. I stopped renewing about 5 years ago after about 35 years. Neal Knox was right back in the 80s. My $$ goes to VCDL. I believe they're doing more than anybody else these days.
Posted By: Hastings Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Same old stuff, nothing new. Wayne is a dictator, misusing the money. As usual this fellow has no plan to stop it. Hand it to Wayne, he's smart, he has a grip on his job and the NRA money. I think they are looting the organization and picking the bones clean knowing the NRA is finished.
The NRA has been noticeably absent on the news channels political ads for a presidential election year. You would at least expect to see NRA on Fox or OAN. Maybe not MSNBC.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
An awful lot of noise for the amount of signal there. He is right, but he could have covered all of that in about 1.6 minutes instead of 16 minutes. I'll just call him Windy.
Posted By: hatari Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
"Divide and conquer your enemies"

The NRA is the single biggest reason we still have the 2A. The NRA has been a major target of the Left since WW II. The Left has finally succeeded in dividing the membership and crippling the fundraising ability of the NRA and thus the lobby power, crippling the NRA as a force for the 2A.

Easy to say that they've done that to themselves, but with evidence of what the Left does to any group that opposes them, is there any doubt they've had their hand in spinning any irregularity in the NRA, large or small into something much bigger and seemingly more serious than it is attempt to kill the organization? Think about it.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr

LaPierre (we members) has been paying an "assistant" to find and get people to support candidates to the Board that support LaPierre. The "assistant" even has an "assistant" on the payroll. Been going on for 20+ years.
Posted By: Hastings Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
Originally Posted by hatari
"Divide and conquer your enemies"The NRA is the single biggest reason we still have the 2A. The NRA has been a major target of the Left since WW II. The Left has finally succeeded in dividing the membership and crippling the fundraising ability of the NRA and thus the lobby power, crippling the NRA as a force for the 2A.
Easy to say that they've done that to themselves, but with evidence of what the Left does to any group that opposes them, is there any doubt they've had their hand in spinning any irregularity in the NRA, large or small into something much bigger and seemingly more serious than it is attempt to kill the organization? Think about it.
Completely agree that the NRA has been a target of the left. As far as the NRA being the single biggest reason we still have the 2nd Amendment, I don't buy that. No amendment in the bill of rights has ever come close to being rescinded. The problem here is the opening Wayne gave our opponents to attack our organization. Not to mention the squandering of millions of dollars and the alienation of hundreds of thousands if not millions of faithful members. Now we are open to all kinds of legal liability because of Wayne's malfeasance and our NRA is effectively politically neutered for this coming election of the greatest consequence for our country. We did it to ourselves, myself included by a lack of vigilance.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
I think my current membership expires in 2024. I doubt they'll be around after that unless Wayne leaves, and I certainly wouldn't count on that.
Wayne knows there will be nowhere for him to go to get the big bucks he's been looting.
Fugg 'em; my $ now go to the SAF and GOA.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20

The NRA is the single biggest reason we still have the 2A. The NRA has been a major target of the Left since WW II. The Left has finally succeeded in dividing the membership and crippling the fundraising ability of the NRA and thus the lobby power, crippling the NRA as a force for the 2A.

This Thread seems like a false flag thread to work on getting the wedge into the community.
After all NBC-DNC identified NRA as a significant supporter of The President in 2016.
Posted By: Ray63 Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
A few years back The gov. of IOWA and his buddies were full on antigun. We were trying to get concealed carry so WAYNE went to them and said if we got CCW he would give the anti gun thugs an A+ rating for all of them. I called and left a nasty note and have never gave NRA a red cent since. GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA AND IOWA GUN OWNERS FOR ME. I have been a lifer with nra for like 35 years. Wayne has cost us more than we can ever repair. Ray
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
Originally Posted by Ray63
A few years back The gov. of IOWA and his buddies were full on antigun. We were trying to get concealed carry so WAYNE went to them and said if we got CCW he would give the anti gun thugs an A+ rating for all of them. I called and left a nasty note and have never gave NRA a red cent since. GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA AND IOWA GUN OWNERS FOR ME. I have been a lifer with nra for like 35 years. Wayne has cost us more than we can ever repair. Ray

Truth.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
Where is the NRA?

Wayne--- are you there??

Now is when they should be front and center
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
After 47 years, my subscription/membership is gone as of tomorrow.
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Where is the NRA?

Wayne--- are you there??

Now is when they should be front and center

We’ll see how much they contribute to Trump’s campaign. Won’t be long.
Posted By: GF1 Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
Just might be time for another “Revolt in Cincinnati” (a la 1977) at the annual meeting.
Posted By: Ringman Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20

Easy to say that they've done that to themselves,

I helped your post.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
For me, GOA on a national level, and vcdl on a state level.
VCDL is on the ground and in your face in Virginia, if you're a liberal commie politician.

I'm lifetime NRA member but they'll get nothing from me til Wayne is gone and a proven replacement is installed.

Ollie could've been great.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/30/20
I have a friend in the organization, and he plays dumb to the whole situation with Wayne. I guess those guys have their marching orders.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
VCDL is on the ground and in your face in Virginia, if you're a liberal commie politician.

I'm lifetime NRA member but they'll get nothing from me til Wayne is gone and a proven replacement is installed.

North and West.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
I will not renew until Lapierre is gone. No more money from me until Wayne Lapierre is gone from the organization. Sorry but that is the way its going to be.
Posted By: Hastings Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
I will not renew until Lapierre is gone. No more money from me until Wayne Lapierre is gone from the organization. Sorry but that is the way its going to be.
Sorry, but the NRA is already gone. Wayne and his cronies are just turning over the cushions to make sure they don't leave a nickel behind. It's over.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
WLP had a good run until the $$$ corrupted his thought process. Gone is the fighter who used to never gave an inch. Now all we have is a bloated fat cat that keeps begging money and for what? His $4000 suits?

Retire WLP with whatever grace possible. Refresh the position with a real go-getter and I'll be first in line to renew my membership. NRA is a damn fine American Institution. It's just time for a new leader who remembers and fights for the NRAs core values is all.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
Originally Posted by OldHat
What is the most reliable Gun Advocate group?

SAF. They are the ones who take the gun grabbers to court and won the 2 biggest court cases of the last 50 years, though the NRA took credit for the McDonald case, it was led by the SAF.

So was the otherbbig win though i cant remember the name of it now.
SAF news releases.

https://www.saf.org/category/news/
SAF legal cases. None can compare to their legal action cases directed against illegal 2A restrictions imposed by state and local governments.

https://www.saf.org/category/legal/
Posted By: Displaced_Texan Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
The NRA has had its problems lately. Any large organzation has problems from time to time. It is time for WLP to move on. I still support the NRA and always will. We would have lost our guns years ago, if were not for the NRA. I was around when the 1968 gun control act was passed. It has been a consent fight every sence then. The NRA has defended our rights to own guns for a long time.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
NRA has had that infection in its midst, la Perrier , as long as I remember.

What we should be asking ourselves is WHY hasn't it been removed long ago. I was just a guilable young kid and could see it for what it was. Hasn't gotten any better as far as I can tell. If the NRA in its present form, red flag due process deniers, firearm accessory bans, wayne la perier....is THE BEST WE CAN GET BEHIND, what does that say about us?

I know. Gone from talking to preaching now.
Start flaming.

We need some preaching. Maybe things in America wouldn't be so messed up.
Posted By: 1minute Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
OK. I went 5+ minutes in and have not the least idea of what message might be. If one can't at least introduce an issue in one page of text, he/she needs some assistance. Would someone maybe sum up the message in a sentence or two please.
Posted By: GeoW Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
NRA not what it once was.

g
Originally Posted by 1minute
OK. I went 5+ minutes in and have not the least idea of what message might be. If one can't at least introduce an issue in one page of text, he/she needs some assistance. Would someone maybe sum up the message in a sentence or two please.

Nothing new
Originally Posted by Displaced_Texan
The NRA has had its problems lately. Any large organzation has problems from time to time. It is time for WLP to move on. I still support the NRA and always will. We would have lost our guns years ago, if were not for the NRA. I was around when the 1968 gun control act was passed. It has been a consent fight every sence then. The NRA has defended our rights to own guns for a long time.
NRA supported or at least went along with the 1968 Gun Control Act. Check it out.
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
I could not listen to this guy, even skipping forward through his droning drivel, I couldn't glean a worthwhile message. If he's trying to say that the NRA, as led by Wayne Lapierre has become irrelevant to any fight to keep our 2A rights in America, I already knew that...
If they continue on their present course, they won't be a functioning organization by the time my five year membership expires, and they will never get another dime from me. Right now, I consider my dues as wasted money on an expensive, fairly boring gun magazine, and not much more.
Originally Posted by Hastings
NRA supported or at least went along with the 1968 Gun Control Act. Check it out.

If I remember correctly it was a direct copy of the german gun control act of 1938.
Before this you could buy a new firearm with no gt knowledge or records. The second A was pretty much in tact before the nra brutally destroyed it, except for big leftist cities and some southern to keep them out of the hands of freed slaves long ago.
Speaking of Civil War or War of Northern Agression, the NRA was started to train northern city boys how to kill southerners. Quite a history of a supposed pro 2A org.
Posted By: texasbatman Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20

Completely agree. GOA, SAF, and VCDL for me.

Jim
Posted By: watch4bear Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
Originally Posted by GeoW
NRA not what it once was.

g

They gave millions to trump and he chit all over them.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Hastings

If I remember correctly it was a direct copy of the german gun control act of 1938.
Before this you could buy a new firearm with no gt knowledge or records. The second A was pretty much in tact before the nra brutally destroyed it, except for big leftist cities and some southern to keep them out of the hands of freed slaves long ago.
Speaking of Civil War or War of Northern Agression, the NRA was started to train northern city boys how to kill southerners. Quite a history of a supposed pro 2A org.

PS:
I don't lump all nra members together.
Why? Some are like a lump of WV coal with a big nra stamp on their head; while they back violations of God given gun rights because some republican, or fox in the henhouse news told them to.
Others are thinkers who hate what goes on in the administration of the loby group, wondering why on earth the nra has been lobbying against their own best interests.

For those nra members who think I'm taking about you. Look, I used to be a member too. I looked into the history and realized that some of the leadership, the one's who control your membership funds, aught to be working for handgun control incorporated instead.

Most of us here seem awake to these facts. Others seem more than ready to just give away their collection of rights that our Lord gave to us and men died.to preserve.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20

I'm in the same boat, Life Member with no intentions of giving another red cent until Wayne gets a boot in his azz out the door. How much money does the greedy SOB need?
Posted By: KU_Geo Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
I have always found it interesting that 2A advocates would blindly follow whatever gibberish the NRA would put out and vote as they told to. Hopefully more people are actually starting to think for themselves but I unfortunately continue to meet those at my local range who spout off info from the NRA propaganda that is far from reality. The other irony is that many on this website rail against groups that do the same thing the NRA has been doing for decades, with its members blindly falling into ranks doing as they are told....
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
I have always found it interesting that 2A advocates would blindly follow whatever gibberish the NRA would put out and vote as they told to. Hopefully more people are actually starting to think for themselves but I unfortunately continue to meet those at my local range who spout off info from the NRA propaganda that is far from reality. The other irony is that many on this website rail against groups that do the same thing the NRA has been doing for decades, with its members blindly falling into ranks doing as they are told....
You are right. I am not joining and sending money anywhere until I see how this settles out. We are now too far into this election season for any organization to step into the breach in any meaningful way.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20

The very interesting thing is the podcast at the end of the video that some goofs do not have the time or interest to watch.

The podcast is a rabbit hole , for sure, but tells a years long story about WL, and others.

The only possible chance for the NRA to survive is to be rid of WL and some others and clean house.

One must realize , even with all the other 2nd Amendment organizations out there, together they do not equal the lobbying efforts of the NRA.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20

^^^^^What he said. I've told their solicitors that repeatedly on the phone.
Originally Posted by cisco1

The very interesting thing is the podcast at the end of the video that some goofs do not have the time or interest to watch.

The podcast is a rabbit hole , for sure, but tells a years long story about WL, and others.

The only possible chance for the NRA to survive is to be rid of WL and some others and clean house.

One must realize , even with all the other 2nd Amendment organizations out there, together they do not equal the lobbying efforts of the NRA.

I like the guy's channel and listen from time to time.
Good perspectives. Probably should have edited it down to half the time though. I agree with him on his point. The thing about the lobbying efforts of the nra is that they are portraying it as PRO 2A , as its members are. Then it gets zillions in dues and can't find a cause that they can't give away REASONABLE gun concessions. It's been there mode of operation all of my life and before. Let it die and Larry Pratts boy take the members IMHO. As long as he agrees with his dad, it will go better for this country's liberty.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
Happy ....you got a little bit of it right.

You think that 16 Minute vid is long ! HAH

I won't even link to the Gangster Capitalism podcasts. 8 or more 45 Min. episodes that tell the whole story.

If anyone was at the NRA convention in Indy when the Ollie North HOO RAH was going on you would find the Podcasts extremely interesting.

24 Millon in lawyers fees and that is only the beginning.

Someone is going prison.
Originally Posted by cisco1
Happy ....you got a little bit of it right.

You think that 16 Minute vid is long ! HAH

I won't even link to the Gangster Capitalism podcasts. 8 or more 45 Min. episodes that tell the whole story.

If anyone was at the NRA convention in Indy when the Ollie North HOO RAH was going on you would find the Podcasts extremely interesting.

24 Millon in lawyers fees and that is only the beginning.

Someone is going prison.

No big deal. I just thought he could edit his podcast. Ill look up the other podcasts when I get a chance this weekend.

I hope that the nra would either fold or go through a major over haul. I'm not sure if there's any way of fixing something so broke. The top dogs don't reflect the membership other than in word. The kennel can do what it wants with them.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20

The NRA was founded in 1872 and the last Confederates surrendered in 1865, dumbass.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

The NRA was founded in 1872 and the last Confederates surrendered in 1865, dumbass.

So we're talking LESS THAN 10 YEARS.
I'm no civil war historian, but have read about the martial law following long after the war ended.
Yankee generals wanted to maintain that power and have conscripts that were able to hit their targets if the need ever arose again. That's been cited from many sources since I was a teenager and cared about history.
Today there's scores of military forces in the borders of the USA. Some if them are regulated. Many are squadron sized or less. The ones that ARE regulated and started during the previous marxist administration are still training. There's dozens snipers and paramilitary forces in one nearby town. They've been training LONGER than 10 years Einstein. Do you seriously think that they would not kill their own countrymen???
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
It's pretty obvious to anyone who seeks out facts, rather than party-line propaganda.

From the goddammed Wikipedia page:

The NRA formed its Legislative Affairs Division to update members with facts and analysis of upcoming bills,[34] after the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 became the first federal gun-control law passed in the US.[35] Karl Frederick, NRA president in 1934, during congressional NFA hearings testified "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I seldom carry one. ... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses."[36] Four years later, the NRA backed the Federal Firearms Act of 1938.[37]

That's your NRA. The problem isn't Wayne. The problem is that you imbeciles think the NRA has anything to do with protecting your 2nd Amendment.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20

Today there's scores of military forces in the borders of the USA. Some if them are regulated. Many are squadron sized or less. The ones that ARE regulated and started during the previous marxist administration are still training. There's dozens snipers and paramilitary forces in one nearby town. They've been training LONGER than 10 years Einstein. Do you seriously think that they would not kill their own countrymen???
Who and where?
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Who and where?

Correction. Small city with connected towns.
Each municipality has a paramilitary unit you're doubtless familiar with....S.W.A.T.
Each SWAT team has sniper teams.
The city has one.
The counties each have them.
The state troops/ "troopers."....
Fed agencies.........

Remember when guys had trouble buying ammo?
Since early in the previous administration, 1st term, billions of rounds and small weapons of just about every caliber was bought in greater numbers than ever before. Non military weapons and calibers as well.
There's enough available in armouries to keep a war going indefinitely.
This is mostly the preparation that Obamanation did for his daddy. It's preparation for the war against my Lord IMHO. I can see no other reasonable explanation.
The Obamanation got his internal military forces .
I don't remember the nra saying much about it other than acknowledging the ammo shortage, do you?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
You remind me of something my best friend once told me.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 07/31/20
You remind me of something my best friend once told me.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I think you'd better have those pearls checked out. They look like plastic pop beads to me.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 08/01/20
The fat guy who recorded the vidwo is a blithering idiot.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 08/01/20

I'm no civil war historian, but have read about the martial law following long after the war ended.
Yankee generals wanted to maintain that power and have conscripts that were able to hit their targets if the need ever arose again. That's been cited from many sources since I was a teenager and cared about history.

You should try and obfuscate and backtrack just a little bit harder.

Just a little will do.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 08/01/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

You should try and obfuscate and backtrack just a little bit harder.

Just a little will do.

Hey Rip Van Winkle,

Where have you been the last 11 years?
That town will become a city in less than a month once the students return, you cynical old fart.
It might be nice and friendly where you are in Florida. It's like that in parts of WV, but some places are what is called a police state.
I'm so sorry to hurt your apple pie, NRA lovin' heart, but I value liberty over associations. If the NRA set some standards long ago, it wouldn't be infected with such corruption.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: MORE NRA BAD NEWS - 08/01/20

It takes less than 10 seconds for me to reach the same conclusion I reached 15 years ago: NRA is swamp. All the NRA has done has been accomplished by buying politicians. At one time I figured this was just the way of the world...but NO MORE.

GOA gets any money I can spare to contribute to the cause.
© 24hourcampfire