Home
Pancreatic cancer .Well been hurting down low in my gut ..Va in Shreveport has been saying a bunch of do this or do that .wife went off and we went to a doc for a physical and he caught it .now it looks like I a sell by date. Well [bleep] as for as me been a good run. But don't really know what to do with kids n every body else.you think this is your problem but it gets bigger and I'm already sick of hearing how you can best this
Well damn.
I'm sorry to hear this. Best wishes.
Don't give up yet.

There is always hope.
Sorry to hear man.
It aint good.....but do know a guy that beat it.
Was about 5 yrs ago.
He had enough time he said screw it and retired.
Still going too
Tough news. get whatever treatment you think you can live with.
Crap. Crap,crap,crap,crap, crap. So sorry man.

Cancer sucks.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Don't give up yet.

There is always hope.

ditto
I’m sorry to hear this...If you choose, to not treat. Go big, making your days the best for yourself.

😎
I can’t really say much, but I would take the best fishing trip I ever wanted to
I'm blessed iv served with better men than n me .I have a wife who is a playground in looks and being a best friend.she has always let me buy the best bourbon n.cigars saying you earned that.I have no kids of my own 2 girls that are mine by her .if you don't know what MARSOC stands for mess with my kids .just keep looking at this moment in time and fear for my girls .in my head I allways was supposed be around.helpless is something I'm not used to .
I know a lady that beat it.

How far below your rib-cage was the discomfort?
So sorry to hear this
Harry Reid is supposedly cancer free after having it treated. I knew a guy who lasted another 11 or 12 years. Best of luck to you and yours.
Originally Posted by Nicosdad
Pancreatic cancer .Well been hurting down low in my gut ..Va in Shreveport has been saying a bunch of do this or do that .wife went off and we went to a doc for a physical and he caught it .now it looks like I a sell by date. Well [bleep] as for as me been a good run. But don't really know what to do with kids n every body else.you think this is your problem but it gets bigger and I'm already sick of hearing how you can best this

I got half a dozen estimates on a contract to remove some trees overhanging my house. Would it be wrong to get some other diagnostics at other places? I wouldnt tell them what the VA doc said. I'd let them figure it out. There's too much temptation from the kind of profits that come with chemo and radiation for some of these to give an honest answer.
Remember, the VA have a reputation that is only exceeded by a handful of the worst third world countries.
Watch this and PM me.
I have another that might be helpful if you want.
Praying for you.
https://vimeo.com/390238123
Gods speed
Kinda up in my back.I'm ok with this it's the wife n girls that's Killen me .he'll we joined the military we do our job some stay longer do other stuff .you see things and you say no!not on my watch so you put things off .wife kids the whole dream we are told we all work for.all b.s aside iv hide the dream. Hot Wife great kids n more good days than a jarhead like me ought get .the sadness is what's working on me.if this is gonna be every day ,well hell

You sound too ornery to die.
May GOD bless and touch and heal and be with you. Sorry to hear of this news. GOD BLESS YOU.
Well, that's a tough thing to face. Live your days with as much satisfaction as you can. Do right by others. Don't be bashful about saying meaningful things to those around you. You won't get another opportunity. Don't miss a chance to do something nice for somebody. You don't have to spend a lot to do this, usually nothing at all. Often, just a caring smile will mean a lot to someone. Be at peace with God. Try to be at peace with the world. I know that one is hard to do sometimes, as some will not permit it. Just ignore them as they are not worth your precious time. Time is the only thing of real value we have. No one has more than 24 hours in a day, irregardless of how much wealth or possessions one has. Once a minute is passed, it will never return. Use it wisely for good and enjoy it, for yourself and for others. Peace be with you.
F uck cancer. Never give up.

Godspeed to you and yours.
My o
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You sound too ornery to die.

My oldest girl told me (well your going not to he'll the devel is not stupid he has a restireing order against marine's you ass$$holes will take over .
Cancer sucks.
you have my prayers. fight it anyway you are comfortable with. none are comfortable but you know what i mean.
You will beat it.

My mother got that diagnosis back in October. She probably had it a year before that. She is 83 now. Been fighting it with a fantastic doctor out of Richmond Virginia.
The original tumor was the size of my thumb but after chemo it shrank to the size of my thumbnail. Pancreatic cancer is a relentless SOB and it will eventually get her but she's doing her absolute best everyday to love life in the meantime.

You have my genuine sincere best wishes for success in all things meaningful.
My uncle had it an was given 12-18 months. Went through treatment and wound up living a great 11 more years. Don’t give up as others have said
Typeing is out of wack on phone n a a bit of bourbon.forgive me.been a he'll of a day.petting my birdog and looking at my girls and truth be told feeling a bit blessed
Words fail me.

Best wishes for the strength it takes for you and yours to get through what lies ahead.
One of my girls took my phone to see what I was doing
.she thinks ,in her words seem like good people .don't get the big head.but ya I'm gonna leave scratch marks before I go .just my way.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
You will beat it.

Agreed.
I wish you the best in your treatment. Plenty of people beat it, you sound like one that will.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Words fail me.

Best wishes for the strength it takes for you and yours to get through what lies ahead.

I'm not sure what I am now.but if my girls and me find a happy place with this or something close I'm gonna be good.I never understood what I was to my girls till this.I really didn't think that they were listening now I feel guilty I didn't say better stuff.well crap
Best wishes for the best time you can get out of it all.

Love those ladies of your with all your energy, the birddog too.

And fight like their lives depend on it.

I don't do prayers much, but you'll get one for sure tonight.
I am very sorry to hear of this. Prayers for you and your family from us in N.C.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Best wishes for the best time you can get out of it all.

Love those ladies of your with all your energy, the birddog too.

And fight like their lives depend on it.

I don't do prayers much, but you'll get one for sure tonight.

Thanks pretty sure that's how I got through high school n more than a few deployments .my girl's have become my life .this is just another thing that wants to kill me ..ok let's dance.I worry about how this will affect thim. Iv had my run I just want this not to be something thats negative in their lives.good kids and deserve better than an old-fashioned ass like me.now this .
Get after it. Ain't what it once was.

g
Truly sorry to hear this Sir. I had my fill of the Shreveport VA when they missed my Dads cancer for years.
I'm sorry to hear this news. Best wishes for a recovery.

As you probably know by now, this type of cancer is very deadly as it can be hard to diagnose and when it is found, it is usually advanced. My father in law was 75 and a fairly tough and very stubborn guy. When they finally diagnosed it, he was given 3-6 months. The guy was so stubborn, I thought if anyone can beat it, he can, just by shear willpower. He lasted 3 months.

Sorry to be so morbid, but I believe you should get your affairs in order. Hopefully you beat it, but just in case, be prepared as sufferers can go downhill fast, you just cant know how long you have. Please don't delay.

I hope you get well.
Prayers on the way.
It ain’t over till it’s over and I’m praying that you have a long ways to before you’re done. You, your wife and your girls are in my prayers. You’re too tough to go out without a hell of a fight..
Very Sorry, buddy.
You can either lay down and ALLOW it to beat you, or you can stand up and fight for every minute you can squeeze out of YOUR life. Wring every single moment you can out of it. Let me know if I can call you and talk...
Best wishes, and prayer sent.
helpless is something I'm not used to .

You're not helpless unless you give up.

Refuse it, hell you're a Marine you can beat this schit. Cancer never wins unless you let it.

Fuqk Cancer.
Prayers for you and your family

I was impressed by your daughter checking on your internet activities

You spent a lifetime fighting for others, don’t stop now.
I had a bad cancer with a low survival rate. It was moderately rare, so my endocrinologist only saw 6 patients with this cancer.
Anyway he told me I was the only one that lived. I knew the numbers, but when he said that, it was pretty shocking. I am 10 years out now because I refused to lay down.
So kick some a.ss and join the survivors club. You can be the survivor.
Prayer sent from south Jersey. Don't let it beat you. Stay strong for your family. Where there is life there is hope. I know a former state trooper who was given a year or less in 1973. He's still alive and kickin'.

I am sorry. Be strong and know you are not alone. God has a plan for all of us.
My good friend and Montana hunting guide got diagnosed terminal with a 3 to 6 month end date over three years ago. I Elk archery hunted with him in September and was thankful when he stopped for a rest...he just refused to accept what the doctors said. I believe attitude / grit and prayers help, you obviously have the former... family and friends will provide the latter.

God bless.
Praying for you, and may God Bless you. Pick up a Bible and read the Gospels.
Prayers sent.
A good doc, a good attitude, and of course the grace of God is what beats cancer.

Do your part on finding that doc and keeping your attitude positive, He will do the rest.

Best wishes from sw Iowa.
Thanks to one and all for the good words.as for my affairs, well that's always taken care of.one of my girls favorite movies is second hand lions with Duvall.she told me last night to remember ,you can't go till you give us the talk!..she's the youngest full of fire like her mom.makes me laugh every day.I told what my dad told me. If it's not yours leave it alone.don't lie no matter the problem lies make worse.be legal, ya some laws are stupid .but so are you if break em.allways carry a pistol,a good knife and a Dollar in change.the last one is left over from pay phones.family first !!if you want good friends be one.help the people who are trying to help themselves.fold your damn hands n bow your head and say thanks for what you have ,some have worked hard and have less.life is not fair but it is what you make it good or bad don't whine and learn to laugh at yourself sometimes because if you don't do something stupid once in awhile your sitting down too much.as I get older he gets smarter .passed away 10 years ago still one of voices in my head.anyways thanks again
By God, Devil Dog, leave scratch marks. Hug your people and if you have to go, leave them smiling. If you don't, hang around and hug them some more.
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Never give up, Prayers and best wishes sent for you and your family.
Prayers for you and yours.
May Lord Jesus give you striength.
I have a friend that was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer four years ago. He’s doing fine.
seems like you are handling it with the grace and dignity I wish I could have.

There are no shortage of stories of people beating the odds with this. Fight the good fight and I bet you will be too.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
helpless is something I'm not used to .

You're not helpless unless you give up.

Refuse it, hell you're a Marine you can beat this schit. Cancer never wins unless you let it.

Fuqk Cancer.

In spades^^^^^
prayers as well
If attitude and a reason to live count, and they do, my chips are on a marine with a hot wife and a sweet family. Godspeed.

PS You got pretty amazing advice to pass on.
Well truth be known I still got some stuff to do .I been fly fishing for a bit .caught bass.bream, red fish but I want to try trout iv seen rainbow on tv never held one.bird dog n me will do our pheasant hunt and give the ducks a go.don't see many big ducks in Louisiana anymore .but I do have a spot for woodys.maybe take the girls after quail.younger girl has a new golden she wants me to work with So I might be to busy for this dying crap .I know we all have to get around to it sometime but think ill leave it off my to do list for now.
I'll share this one perspective you may not have considered.

When your daughters were babies you carried them and protected them and did all that you could for them.

Now that they want to do the same for you as you grow a little bit weaker... consider that a privilege... a downright honor that you raised such good children.

I have been exactly in your daughter shoes for the past year caring for my parents. I consider it a genuine privilage.
Kinda got my girls later in life .it was a package deal 1 hot strawberry blond n 2 balls of energy. First year was a wild ride .oldest is 15 youngest13.best buddy's I got .I'm 52 wife's well younger and that's all I got to say about that.wife tells the girls watch your dad don't let him do anything stooped cause I'm not house breaking a another one
Peace be with you
It sucks. Do what you want to with the time you have left. Love your wife and kids.
Friends of ours had the same diagnosis. She went to a clinic in Texas that treat PC. That was 5 years ago and she is doing well now. Not sure the private details but she was very positive.

I don't know you but wish you well. Like you said if its the end of the road...... do your best to dig ruts in it.
Good luck and keep you chin up.
your health is in my prayers...Crossed the bridge with prostatic cancer, had it removed and followed with low dose radiation...

anyone who has to deal with cancer is my brother...

for you and your family, I pray they can help you beat this stuff...
Prayers for you brother.

Bad news but don’t give up on this. Treatments are steadily evolving.
The wife's buddy has got me lined up with some folks so we will see how that works out.the V.A in Shreveport is a joke a very sad joke.run by well let's just. Say people of color.you have to deal with an unending number of Shia neek qways before you see a India transfer student.pissis the wife off more than me .she's shone her ass more than once .funny as hell Whin Barbie goes bitch
Nico, my neighbor had it years ago, was frail before diagnosis and she is still out walking her dog and back to work.

Get your self to Mayo clinic. Good people and will have an entire team work with you.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I can’t really say much, but I would take the best fishing trip I ever wanted to

Go Out A Happy Junkie!! boating is dangerous!!!!
Go to a cancer hospital
rayers sent on behalf of you, and your ladies, from "The Warden" and me.
Cancer is beatable.
As stated before, get a 2nd diagnosis.
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Well, that's a tough thing to face. Live your days with as much satisfaction as you can. Do right by others. Don't be bashful about saying meaningful things to those around you. You won't get another opportunity. Don't miss a chance to do something nice for somebody. You don't have to spend a lot to do this, usually nothing at all. Often, just a caring smile will mean a lot to someone. Be at peace with God. Try to be at peace with the world. I know that one is hard to do sometimes, as some will not permit it. Just ignore them as they are not worth your precious time. Time is the only thing of real value we have. No one has more than 24 hours in a day, irregardless of how much wealth or possessions one has. Once a minute is passed, it will never return. Use it wisely for good and enjoy it, for yourself and for others. Peace be with you.

This is really something we all should do.
Prayer and a positive attitude got my wife through stage 4 cancer 20 years ago.Having a great Oncologist did`nt hurt either.We will include you in our prayers.
Sorry to hear about your grim news, but some of the stories these guys are sharing about recoveries they know are really encouraging.

You can do this or you can let it do you. I’m praying the Creator only allowed this to get your attention and get you squared away for the next several decades.

God bless, brother.
Hang tough, sir. Make sure that giving up is never an option for you. Best of luck and prayers in your corner.
Nicosdad: Prayers sent for you. Be at peace and get well.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
It ain't over till it's over, don't give up hope or all will be lost. That is some tough ass news to take.

That pretty much sums it up.

Horrible news. I'm sorry.
Will be a M.D. Anderson on Wednesday for a blood work up and assessment .so we will see what happens .just got off the phone with my brand new case worker.she thinks because of my general health is way better than average if this is gonna get me it better come with its A game.guess working out and swimming with girls was more than just dad time.
My best wishes and prayers sent. I hope things turn out better for you and your family.
Terrible news. So sorry to hear. Prayers your way.
Tuck your chin and march on. It ain’t over til it’s over and you have things worth fighting for.
Will be a M.D. Anderson on Wednesday for a blood work up and assessment .so we will see what happens .just got off the phone with my brand new case worker.she thinks because of my general health is way better than average if this is gonna get me it better come with its A game.guess working out and swimming with girls was more than just dad time.
Obviously you are a bright and very contemplative person - we need your type - a bunch. Your post here shows that you have established a smart and prompt beginning - early assessment and second opinion reviews should lead you to the most promising course, Gird yourself and attack it for all you are worth - you can win this and I will be praying toward that end. Your wife and girls are fortunate to have experienced such a thoughtful and caring fellow - they know it and want to help you any ways they can - so encourage them to do just that. Keep smiling - try to enjoy every day - be Spirit-filled and hopeful.
Sorry for the kick to the nads.... i know that’s a tough one to take.

Best wishes,
Ben

There is one i drive by in Jacksonville when I visit Mayo

Which hospital?
Wishing the best for ypu. Know two people that beat it.
Best of luck through this journey,
A good support system is key,and it sounds like you have a great one.
One of the centers of CTCA is never a bad option, in our experience.
Blessings.
It’s obvious how much you love your family. That said, your best fight is what they will both deserve and expect. Take a couple of days and then go directly to battle mode Marine!

Malcom Forbes stated that one needed a mortal enemy in their life. One they could blame anything on anytime for a place to hang their hate. Well, you sure have one in this disease. Blame it, hate it and fight it all the way to some “extra” time that we are all rewarded w each day.

God Bless you and your crew.
Simper Fi!
Mayo Clinic or MD Anderson, either.
Look all your girls right in the eye each day and tell them

how much you love them. You are in for a fight, ya been

there before, so win again!

Semper Fi Marine.
My wife and I are sending heartfelt prayers from Colorado for you and yours. (Like others here.... I think you will whip this chit....!!!)

Guy i worked with’s wife had cancer. Local (MS) doctors had given her almost no chance.

They went to MD anderson in Houston.

It was a fight. Traveling from MS to Houston once a month. Stopping half way because that’s all she could stand to travel.

She beat it. Thanks been 5 years ago or so. No cancer to this day.
Ex-wife's uncle was given six months max to live. 45 years later he died.
Nicosdad,

I didn't read through this thread so this may be a duplicate suggestion. I have seen and heard of people going to a church and asking for the elders, whoever they are, to anoint with oil in the name of the Lord Jesus and pray for them. Some are healed and some aren't. Although I don't attend a church and I don't understand it, I just suggest it because sometimes it works.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Nicosdad,

I didn't read through this thread so this may be a duplicate suggestion. I have seen and heard of people going to a church and asking for the elders, whoever they are, to anoint with oil in the name of the Lord Jesus and pray for them. Some are healed and some aren't. Although I don't attend a church and I don't understand it, I just suggest it because sometimes it works.

I think you should read the whole thread. I ALWAYS recommend that.

Especially the selected parts about pancreatic cancer, two daughters and M D Anderson hospital.

Fuggin around with bookstore grade canola oil and a thrice divorced elder might be shaky advice.
The wife and I were talking one day and she told me the hardest part about the cancer was not the treatment, it was telling her kids she had cancer, she felt like she was letting them down.

There is one i drive by in Jacksonville when I visit Mayo

Which hospital?

Texas .Houston closer to me.wife's buddy got me on a fast track.she went to med school with one of the oncology ?think that's right anyways he is the the go to guy for my problem.we will see what if anything can be done.don't feel bad .we had rain this morning so kept busy reblueing a 1911for pop in law .rain stopped bushhogd till dark .funny just a sharp pain once n a while.V.A doc has looked at me 5-6times found nada.wife asked her friend to look me over ,that was a bit weird but she busted this qwic and was pissed .she felt a first year resident would have caught this.thanks for all the good words to man up stairs.
IMO, you need ta get pissed off.

And then, get ta work.

It can be done.
Well damn. Sorry to see this
Hang tough........... that is extremely critical.

I'm just now starting my third bout with the C-word. I've just recently been diagnosed at MD Anderson in Houston with a very rare (only 30-40 known cases in medical history) form of cancer that is not susceptible to radiation or chemo so surgery is the only viable option. Its called Sertoli Cell Cancer. In my case surgery is out also due to where the tumor is located against my aorta between the spine and the aorta in some lymph nodes. Surgery is 8-12 hours where they would gut me from below my belly button to my sternum to get everything out of the way to get to the tumor and then put it all back in place. Both Oncologists involved say that I would not survive the surgery and recuperation at my age. Robotic surgery is out also due to the concern over hitting a blood vessel in the tumor with a 2 inch incision for the robotic tool and suddenly I'm bleeding to death.

So......... Tuesday I have my first visit with MDA's Imunotherapy Clinic for "directed therapy" which means a custom designed therapy to attack the genetic mutation in the cancer cells. Its relatively new but it has delivered some amazing results so far. Fingers crossed....

I guess since I have had to deal with this C-thingy 3 times now that living only 20 minutes from an MDA facility in The Woodlands, TX and MDA"s main research hospital and clinic that is maybe 45 minutes away from our house in the downtown Houston Medical Center area has its benefits.

Good luck, God Bless, and again remain positive.
Damn the news. We'll lift you and yours brother.
Sorry to hear. I read once of pancreatic cancer patients surviving on Dr Burt Berksons protocol. ALA, LDN and something else. Might take a look at it. Some see it as quackery, but if it saves ya. God bless.
Prayers sent
Originally Posted by BayouRover

I'm just now starting my third bout with the C-word. I've just recently been diagnosed at MD Anderson in Houston with a very rare (only 30-40 known cases in medical history) form of cancer that is not susceptible to radiation or chemo so surgery is the only viable option. Its called Sertoli Cell Cancer. In my case surgery is out also due to where the tumor is located against my aorta between the spine and the aorta in some lymph nodes. Surgery is 8-12 hours where they would gut me from below my belly button to my sternum to get everything out of the way to get to the tumor and then put it all back in place. Both Oncologists involved say that I would not survive the surgery and recuperation at my age. Robotic surgery is out also due to the concern over hitting a blood vessel in the tumor with a 2 inch incision for the robotic tool and suddenly I'm bleeding to death.

So......... Tuesday I have my first visit with MDA's Imunotherapy Clinic for "directed therapy" which means a custom designed therapy to attack the genetic mutation in the cancer cells. Its relatively new but it has delivered some amazing results so far. Fingers crossed....

I guess since I have had to deal with this C-thingy 3 times now that living only 20 minutes from an MDA facility in The Woodlands, TX and MDA"s main research hospital and clinic that is maybe 45 minutes away from our house in the downtown Houston Medical Center area has its benefits.

Best to you brother.I'm flying in the dark on this.
Don't give in, only speak defeat to the disease.
Prayers for your complete recovery.
And a big thank you for your service.
Hang in there OP, I know a few that have beat it. At least longer than the Dr. said. Hey, just being honest, but seriously,,,, hoping for your best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Best to you brother.I'm flying in the dark on this.

You're going to be in excellent hands with the folks at MDA. They are very thorough in how the approach things and the plan that they lay out for you will be precise in its goals. Trust in them.

On your part, along with the trust, keep your spirit up as everyone around you will need to see your spirit soaring to help keep theirs lifted. God Bless and here's hoping for a good recovery for both of us.
The code I live by is,live well have pride but do not let it rule you.show mercy not weakness .love your God .your family.love your country.live your life so that while death will come it will do so with regret.I try to be each day someone that my girls can remember as a man worthy of their trust love and respect.
Prayer for healing, comforting, and strength.
Dave
I wouldn’t wish cancer on my worst enemy, and I have little use for those who do. Good luck, and seek out the best possible treatment, and remember that cancer is beatable.......and don’t forget prayer, as it’s the most important part of all.
Just saw this..hang in there little buddy. LMAO.
Interesting, in this thread he says he has no kids of his own, just his two step daughters.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15096168/2

I'm blessed iv served with better men than n me .I have a wife who is a playground in looks and being a best friend.she has always let me buy the best bourbon n.cigars saying you earned that.I have no kids of my own 2 girls that are mine by her .if you don't know what MARSOC stands for mess with my kids .just keep looking at this moment in time and fear for my girls .in my head I allways was supposed be around.helpless is something I'm not used to .

Later on in the thread he tells us they are 15 & 13

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15096168/7
Kinda got my girls later in life .it was a package deal 1 hot strawberry blond n 2 balls of energy. First year was a wild ride .oldest is 15 youngest13.best buddy's I got .I'm 52 wife's well younger and that's all I got to say about that.wife tells the girls watch your dad don't let him do anything stooped cause I'm not house breaking a another one

But in this thread he is talking about playing with crayons with grand daughters.
The troll can't even keep track of his family tree.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...so-whats-you-gents-opinions#Post15025805

Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Did the mean old keyboard commando make your puzzy sore? Shame on him! Here's a cuddly toy and a crying towel!

What about the jello, crayons, and playdough ?

Well I did have jello played with crayons this 4 .me and the grand girls had a good time .I can mostly stay in the lines .can you?

Originally Posted by Paul_M

But in this thread he is talking about playing with crayons with grand daughters.

Looks like he did somethin stooped.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Looks like he did somethin stooped.

Stooped is as stooped does.
© 24hourcampfire