Home
and the history of how all that Amonium nitrate got to be there. And stay there.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ous-businessman-center-beirut-blast-saga
There seemed to be two explosions smaller one preceding huge one. It appears that some king of new high kinetic energy explosive was used. I'm guessing Hezbollah munition storage facility was the intended target. Naturally stupid people will accept any explanation given by the media.
Originally Posted by Slavek
There seemed to be two explosions smaller one preceding huge one. It appears that some king of new high kinetic energy explosive was used. I'm guessing Hezbollah munition storage facility was the intended target. Naturally stupid people will accept any explanation given by the media.

Naturally, it has to be a covert conspiracy, rather than a stupid accident.
I'm no expert on the subject, but from what I've read nitrate fertilizer is some very volatile stuff. It was a favorite of the IRA way back when. Quite a few of those people blew themselves up messing with it. The way I hear it is, once it's stirred up into what it's going to be all it takes is a static electricity spark to set it off.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Like the moment of your conception?
Seems pretty unusual to lease a ship and hire a crew to transport your goods.
Don't you usually just hire a cargo ship for an auto b run or a to a if you are sending it somewhere they can't get another cargo nearby?

I wonder who the actual owner of the ship was...
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

I wonder who the actual owner of the ship was...

Either Soros or Trump, depending on your bent...

Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Yea,... yea, ...that's the ticket...a stupid accident...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANFO

Chemistry

The chemistry of ANFO detonation is the reaction of ammonium nitrate with a long-chain alkane (CnH2n+2) to form nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and water. In an ideal stoichiometrically balanced reaction, ANFO is composed of about 94.3% AN and 5.7% FO by weight. In practice, a slight excess of fuel oil is added, as underdosing results in reduced performance while overdosing merely results in more post-blast fumes.[7] When detonation conditions are optimal, the aforementioned gases are the only products. In practical use, such conditions are impossible to attain, and blasts produce moderate amounts of toxic gases such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides (NOx).

The fuel component of ANFO is typically diesel, but kerosene, coal dust, racing fuel, or even molasses have been used instead. Finely powdered aluminium in the mixture will sensitise it to detonate more readily.[8]

ANFO is classified as a blasting agent, meaning that it decomposes through detonation rather than deflagration at a velocity higher than the speed of sound in the material but cannot be detonated with a No. 8 blasting cap without a sensitizer. ANFO has a moderate velocity compared to other industrial explosives, measuring 3,200 m/s in 130 mm (5 in) diameter, unconfined, at ambient temperature.

ANFO is a tertiary explosive, meaning that it cannot be set off by the small quantity of primary explosive in a typical blasting cap. A larger quantity of secondary explosive, known as a primer or a booster, must be used.[9] One or two sticks of dynamite were historically used; current practice is to use Tovex or cast boosters of pentolite (TNT/PETN or similar compositions).[10]

Back in the day (way, way back....) my younger brother and I took a 5 gallon bucket of ammonium nitrate from the fertilizer pile. Soaked it in diesel, made a pipe bomb using black powder and cannon fuse---and blew diesel and ammonium nitrate all over tarnation, but could not get ignition. Apparenlty you need the kind of percussion you get from a blasting cap to ingnite the stuff and blasting caps were waaaay beyond our ken.
https://www.marktaliano.net/videos-emerging-showing-possible-missile-strikes-on-beirut-harbour/
These must be the missiles that missed TWA Flight 800 and are just now coming down, right?
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm no expert on the subject, but from what I've read nitrate fertilizer is some very volatile stuff. It was a favorite of the IRA way back when. Quite a few of those people blew themselves up messing with it. The way I hear it is, once it's stirred up into what it's going to be all it takes is a static electricity spark to set it off.

Ammonium nitrate is the white stuff found in tannerite. It is the white granular stuff found in cold packs. It has been used as a fertilizer for decades. Mixed with diesel, it becomes a very inexpensive low velocity explosive. I think calling it a "very volatile stuff" is an over statement.
No Rocky, they were probably some of your WP rockets shot 50 years back that were redirected by UFOs.
Bristoe, there are a whole lot of people on the board here who are clearly not experts on the subject - but make definitive statements anyway.

There is no need for some arcane conspiracy when the government is not only wholly incompetent but riddled with corruption, and the overriding doctrine of the people is "inshallah".
Dan, I DID fire a few way high into the sky to see how far they'd go into Cambodia - and never saw them hit.
Does anybody know if ammonium nitrate is really that explosive.

Everything written about this sounds like ANFO.

This was fertilizer. Only. No fuel.

And as Joken and Tarquin post, ANFO isn't all that easy to detonate.

Googled it.

My dumbass had forgot about the explosion in Texas City.
Watched that several times on History.
A bit off topic,..

It's a fairly well known fact that many things can be explosive if they're powdered fine enough,..even metals. Coal dust, wheat dust, and aluminum dust, to name just a few.

For them to be dangerous they have to be fine enough to float in the air,..microscopically small particles.

A few years ago I worked in a small, one man machine shop which was part of a big manufacturing company. Periodically, they had a safety team go around the place looking for potentially dangerous situations.

They came around to my little machine shop one day and there was an accumulation of aluminum chips under my work bench from the milling machine. Just some stuff that was hard to get to with the broom.

The guy gave me a big lecture about how aluminum chips had the potential to blow up if you let them accumulate.

I just looked at him.

People have to be born that dumb.
It was fireworks.

It’s not really that hard to understand what happened. The original fire was either a fireworks factory or a Hezbollah munitions dump. It had been burning for some time. It heated the AN and also probably provided an explosion that set the AN off. AN beaks down and becomes more unstable improperly stored. If the original fire was an accident at a fireworks factory or an attack on a Hezbollah ammunition dump is unknown but the leaving of AN for years improperly stored in a dense occupied area is pure .gov incompetence.
It was a new explosive the Joooos are going to use to take over the world, oh wait, they already took over the world.

This. The MSM is their friend. Oh, btw, Trump is in Putins back pocket. Rs bad Ds good. wink

Hey, if the MSM can suck leroye in....
Personally, I don't believe anything the Arabs tell us. We might never know what went boom or why.

Maybe 3 explosions.

You bunch of freakin idiots, have you forgotten the last two fairly recent 2009 and 2013 blast of the same type in Texas? Geese you guy's have got to stop watching that BS Fox program, its not news just hallucination's. Welders started a accidental fire that got out of hand nearby, nothing more. Just as in most of the other cases the ammonium nitrate was being illegally stored.

Link

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
You bunch of freakin idiots, have you forgotten the last two fairly recent 2009 and 2013 blast of the same type in Texas? Geese you guy's have got to stop watching that BS Fox program, its not news just hallucination's. Welders started a accidental fire that got out of hand nearby, nothing more. Just as in most of the other cases the ammonium nitrate was being illegally stored.

Link

Phil

Whoops...that seals it...definitely not an accident.

Damned Jews.
Wasn't the Galveston explosion of the distant past much like this or is my gray matter getting soft too?
The history
ies/timelines I read were hard to believe.
As an useful ag chemical I can not see why it was not easily sold and dispersed long ago.

I guess that incompetence/corruption/illegalities may have precluded normal business practice though.
I know someone that as a kid tried to get anfo to explode and couldn't do it. They didn't have a booster charge powerful enough.

Working in a rock quarry in college we used a lot of anfo. We had blasting caps we dropped in a bag of kenipak after we mixed the binary. We clipped the caps on primer cord dropped a bag of kenipak with a cap in it down a hole filled it with anfo and set a whole row off at once.

I knew some kids in high school that got ahold of some caps, a booster charge of c4 and several bags of anfo. They took it out to the View area about 10 miles south east of burley and got several bags to detonate out in a field. Their mom said the concussion almost killed them and they were back a ways.

Some local farmers headed for the cloud and caught them. As they panicked trying to get away they threw a bunch of explosives in a canal while they drove along it. The feds had to bring in divers to recover it. I guess they got it out of a magazine at an d construction yard. I was good friends with them but I was in Africa when it happened. Pretty funny hearing the story from their mom.

Bb
You bunch of freakin idiots...

Phil

laugh
Originally Posted by Borchardt
It was a new explosive the Joooos are going to use to take over the world, oh wait, they already took over the world, ALMOST
But Trump is working on that.

Link

Phil

Hey a$$hole (Gaygohst), what do you have if you have more than one goose?

GEESE!!!

You f u c king moron!!
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1291380932314882048.html
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Link

Phil

GEESE!!!

You f u c king moron!!

If he had more than 1 goose he’d call it an orgy.......sheesh! πŸ˜‚
Originally Posted by LouisB
Wasn't the Galveston explosion of the distant past much like this...?
It was Texas City in 1947. And it was ammonium nitrate.
Deal is, there were two small explosions/fires then a third huge one. Trump said his generals said it looked like a bomb.

Looks like a bomb incoming to me to the left (bleck spot) of the smoke chimney just before the big one hit. Of course, Trump was prolly ust uoking.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
They have already produced documentation and tracking on 2,750 tons of Ammonium Nitrate over a 7 year period.

But some folks gotta invent the most complicated conspiracy when human greed and incompetence provide all the explanation needed.

Sometimes the simple answer actually is the best. Even if it is no fun.

And it is not like we have not seen this exact same type of explosion in the past, more than once, produced solely from AN.
That article tries to put the focus on a Russian guy who just tried to cheap his way into shipping fertilizer to Mozambique.

Like its his fault it sat there for 7 years. They unloaded off of the ship. The ship didn't blow up (it actually sank in the harbor a couple of years after it was impounded).

Whatever their justification, they *wanted* that fertilizer, and I suspect he just gave up after losing his ass and wasn't about to pay their fines to get it back.

Mcveigh used 1 ton of it and look at the devastation it caused, of course it was mixed with Diesel. This was 2700 tons not mixed with Diesel . My only question is what ignited that much Ammonium nitrate and what else was in the area that needed to be eradicated?
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Link
Phil

GEESE!!!
You f u c king moron!!

If he had more than 1 goose he’d call it an orgy.......sheesh! πŸ˜‚

Jeeze, you guy's are being pretty hard on the illiterate idiot.
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Jeeze, you guy's are being pretty hard on the illiterate idiot.

Don't sweat it as it is more action than the clueless bastard gets anywhere else, he loves it.
McVay used AN mixed with nitro methane and it was ignited with commercial blasting explosives which was started with blasting caps. Nitro methane gives a big power bump over simple diesel.

AN alone does not iniate easily UNLESS it is decomposing as with a nearby heat source (fire). In West TX it was a fire started by welders. In TX City in 1947 the Grand Camp had a smoldering fire in the hole which the captain tried to put out by sealing the hole and filing it with steam.
I wonder if there are any major ports in the world without storage of grain, fertilizer, oil, etc.

The weapons iran has been shipping Hezbollah in Lebanon lately are too accurate and powerful for Israel to put up with.

large stores of NH3NO3 (tons and tons) are and have been for over 50 years kept in bulk at various fertilizer makers in US. Simplot in Idaho as an example although they are not in populated areas. .

It has been used in the coal industry for 50 years thru out Wyoming and Utah without this type of event. and there is nobody crazier than a bunch of drunken miners.(or pissed off miners).

It is stored in large 20000+ gallon liquid tank farms for liquid applications throughout the US

Under the proper conditions virtually everything can be considered an explosive.

lots of difference between low velocity propellants (AN) and high explosives (poly nitrated sugars and alcohol) 3000 fps, vs. 10,000 fps. While the initial shock wave causes the physical destruction, the vacuum created behind the blast is what kills humans. (lungs collapse etc)

Oils are added as the fuel source , the carbon source to make more CO2, which at the higher temp. , causes more "push" just like a diesel engine.

Lots of differences also between peroxide explosives (ketones and acetone mixtures)

target shooting fires in west are due to the micronization of grass and brush and simultaneous combination of oxygen from the Tannerite (which has been sensitized with an Al coating) then a spark from green tip 5.56 and a piece of local granite, or steel target. although the Tannerite itself will decompose from the impact shock

as Bristoe mentioned AL can be explosive in the wrong physical state.,,, powdered AL is used in flash grenades.
As well as powered sodium, magnesium, and others the only thing needed is the addition of an oxidizer.

An interesting afternoon is to sit on top of Little Mtn. south of Tooele Ut., and watch the Army do demolitions on surplus stock. Anywhere to 1000 lbs to 5000 lbs. 5 to 10 mins apart

Originally Posted by Docbill
McVay used AN mixed with nitro methane and it was ignited with commercial blasting explosives which was started with blasting caps. Nitro methane gives a big power bump over simple diesel.

A.

Do you have a link to where he used nitro methane, every place I have looked said diesel.
This is the link to story about McVay http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/raisethefist/archive/worldnetdaily.com-2001-05-25.html

I have copy of the truck bomb layout. They also reenforced 3 sides of the truck with metal to make a direction forced blast.
The first part of this video (after the advert) shows warheads exploding and explains deflagration and vapor rings associated with Octagen HMZX rocket fuel.

Yet another article that goes into great detail about McVay's bomb building. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
They have already produced documentation and tracking on 2,750 tons of Ammonium Nitrate over a 7 year period.

But some folks gotta invent the most complicated conspiracy when human greed and incompetence provide all the explanation needed.

Sometimes the simple answer actually is the best. Even if it is no fun.

And it is not like we have not seen this exact same type of explosion in the past, more than once, produced solely from AN.

Exactly.

I'm as much of a "conspiracy theorist" as anyone (some conspiracies are pretty obvious and well documented...it's hard to ignore!), but not EVERYTHING is a "conspiracy". Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Does anybody know if ammonium nitrate is really that explosive.

Everything written about this sounds like ANFO.

This was fertilizer. Only. No fuel.

And as Joken and Tarquin post, ANFO isn't all that easy to detonate... .

Amonium nitrate(AN) can auto ignite if storage
meets/ reaches certain conditions. (where it
goes through thermal decomposition)

With 'Anfo' you require the correct fuel oil/
granule ratio (by weight) , then mix it to ensure
fuel oil is properly dispersed.. there are additives
one can use to ensure a more even consistent dispersion/absorption of FO.

Anfo is porous and a combo of higher porosity
and smaller size prills will deliver higher VOD,
but porosity makes it prone to moisture absorption.
booster Additives can be used to coat the prills
to resist such absorption.

Of course peabrains with zero experience
will jump to conspiracy theories before
understanding the chemical science of AN...πŸ˜‚

[btw:] the post by - Daveinjax - makes sound logical
sense.. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

It was a favorite of the IRA way back when. Quite a few of those people blew themselves up messing with it...

You will find they didn't just employ anfo,
but included a variety of H.E. explosive
ingredients in their IED formulations.

Amen, starman. The self-appointed experts are laughable.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Dan, I DID fire a few way high into the sky to see how far they'd go into Cambodia - and never saw them hit.

One of our snakes did the same over Hamburger Hill, pointed in the general direction of Laos. Didn’t see them hit, but a couple weeks later we received a protest thru channels from the US Embassy. They were sniveling about some pigs that were killed for no reason. Their coordinates were consistent with what that sneaky snake did.
Originally Posted by Docbill
This is the link to story about McVay http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/raisethefist/archive/worldnetdaily.com-2001-05-25.html

I have copy of the truck bomb layout. They also reenforced 3 sides of the truck with metal to make a direction forced blast.

All without any outside expert help........
I just happened to start re-reading "Others Unknown"
By McVeigh's attorney, Stephen Jones a couple days before this. Some pretty serious allegations.
As soon as this hit the news feeds, I said that the Israelis got really pissed off about something. I'm betting I was right.
Originally Posted by mirage243
As soon as this hit the news feeds, I said that the Israelis got really pissed off about something. I'm betting I was right.

I am pretty sure the Israelis just flip a coin when they are sitting down to their morning Wheaties, also pretty sure they don't need much of a flip to come down on the "bomb 'em" side.

Which is fair as the other lot are even more inclined to throw stuff at the Jews.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Back in the day (way, way back....) my younger brother and I took a 5 gallon bucket of ammonium nitrate from the fertilizer pile. Soaked it in diesel, made a pipe bomb using black powder and cannon fuse---and blew diesel and ammonium nitrate all over tarnation, but could not get ignition. Apparenlty you need the kind of percussion you get from a blasting cap to ingnite the stuff and blasting caps were waaaay beyond our ken.

Stack of primer pellets?
Originally Posted by KFWA
That article tries to put the focus on a Russian guy who just tried to cheap his way into shipping fertilizer to Mozambique.

Like its his fault it sat there for 7 years. They unloaded off of the ship. The ship didn't blow up (it actually sank in the harbor a couple of years after it was impounded).

Whatever their justification, they *wanted* that fertilizer, and I suspect he just gave up after losing his ass and wasn't about to pay their fines to get it back.

Yeah they blame the ships condition, but who hires a ship and inspects it unless they have crazy lawyers driving them to, or have had a bad experience before..

I did see a movie (French?) About leasing a decrepit Russian sub to look for treasure..
But that was just a movie...
Its happened before;

http://www.local1259iaff.org/disaster.html
© 24hourcampfire