Home
Posted By: m_stevenson Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Since we are living on our property in our travel trailer, we have been using a “honey tote” to empty the black tank and go to a local State Park to dump at the dump station.
Today I drainEd the black tank and then used my tractor with forks to put the “honey tote” into the bed of my truck.
Off we went to the Park dump station.

That was the end of the good times.
First, the plastic wheels on the back of the tote broke off when my better half attempted to push the tote sideways in the bed of the truck.
Then the hose connection broke a locking hook off and started leaking when I tipped the hose down to dump. Tip it back up, tape the connection together and go back to dumping. Hahahah, then the hose connection on the bottom of the tote blew. Sewage everywhere!
Grab the tote as it’s pouring 27 gallons of sewage on the tailgate and me.
GrabBed the sonnuvabitch anD threw it off the tailgate into the dump splashwell.
There was a guy there filling his Igloo barrel cooler with potable water. He lasted until the schit started running off the tailgate. He grabbed his partially filled cooler and boogied.
My mesh running shoes got tossed in the trash, and so did the shorts and shirt I was wearing.
It took three scrub downs in the shower to get the stink off.
So, who can beat that one for a schitty day?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Jeebus....its just a bit of poo.

Opps Normal for Hanco.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
That's rough.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][
Good catch Slumlord.

I cant believe I didn't think of that.

Was thinking of tye Robin Williams RV scene.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Haven't had a day that bad for quite a while - maybe never. Be of good cheer - tomorrow has to be better.
How bout a pantie-clogged ejector pump...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Ohhh...them are nice.

Look like the Kathy Ireland fall collection.....circa 2002 K Mart.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by Certifiable

JMJ as my dear mother would say!
Jesus, Mary and Joseph?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20

No...no, you win.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jesus, Mary and Joseph?

Good Irish Catholic mom, that was about the extent of her cussin'
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Jesus, Mary and Joseph?

I remember the first F bomb I ever heard ma drop.

Dad and I nearly died.

Good times on the frontier.
I have a welder’s cap same pattern.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph?

I remember the first F bomb I ever heard ma drop.

Dad and I nearly died.

Good times on the frontier.

laugh laugh

Walking down the side street in NYC to get to the big street, big ol' F U C K painted in red letters about 3' tall on the back of a loading dock. I was about 4 and a good student of phonics already. Spelled it out in my head, then turned to mom and asked "Mom, what does F U C K mean".

I got smacked upside the head and told to NEVER say that word again.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20

laugh laugh

Walking down the side street in NYC to get to the big street, big ol' F U C K painted in red letters about 3' tall on the back of a loading dock. I was about 4 and a good student of phonics already. Spelled it out in my head, then turned to mom and asked "Mom, what does F U C K mean".

Better then mine, I was lazily putting up a fence when I was a teen when my excessively religious mother shouted "You are banging a fence post in, not one of your girl friends".

I just about shit.
I stole a frozen yogurt from the IGA in town.

Sister started making fun of me.

I called her a Kaksucker.

I didn't know what it meant......but had heard it many times.

Originally Posted by JSTUART

laugh laugh

Better then mine, I was lazily putting up a fence when I was a teen when my excessively religious mother shouted "You are banging a fence post in, not one of your girl friends".

I just about shit.

I can hear it almost as if it happened to me.

Mothers are a hoot for sure.
I stole a frozen yogurt from the IGA in town.

Sister started making fun of me.

I called her a Kaksucker.

I didn't know what it meant......but had heard it many times.

I didn't learn much about cussin' until we moved out West.

Mom might, in highly irregular circumstances, utter a "damn" , but it was usually JMJ, darn, and sometimes fudge.

Dad would use hell, damn (but very very rarely GD), and scheidt sometimes.

Real cusswords I had to learn at school and from the homies in the 'hood.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
I can see it now.....

Posted By: frogman43 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Mark, crappy day for sure......albeit it on a small scale. Here in the District, we tend to have issue from time to time with considerably larger "Hoses" and I have a Good Ole Boy that genuinely doesn't mind wallowing in that shcittt to do repairs. He likes to crack jokes that "So and so had roast beef for dinner last night" all the time! LOL

Hope today is a better day!

Frog----OUT!
Posted By: hanco Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
That cshit stinks. I hate emptying a travel trailer
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
One great side benny from doing a career in the military.
Pick up alot of different phrases of cussology from across the nation that have been passed down thru areas and time.

Almost an aquired skill.

Lol!!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by hanco
That cshit stinks. I hate emptying a travel trailer

LOL!

Yeah, it does!

I'd use that treatment liquid, and when it was time to empty, I'd fill it about 3/4 with water, hook on, and take it for a wild, bumpy ride down a rough dirt road to stir the sediment up.

Then find a remote dirt road and open her up! sick
Posted By: viking Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Just higher a porta potty truck to take it away, if possible that is.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Just dig a hole and use a plastic 55 gal drum as a septic tank.
Posted By: cowdoc Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
My first year at elk camp Joe had a porta-potty in a tiny tent for the "facility"

As rookies, my brother and I had to dig the hole and empty the contents.

I vowed to never use nor be expected to dump that damn thing again.

I make my living at the dirty end of the cow, but human sewage is a whole different deal.
Years ago was working cattle, took a lick on the noggin from a cut gate, went down like a rock, four inches of soupy poop softened my landing. The help pulled me out, put me in the bed of the truck an hauled me to the local ER. Poor guys helping me thought I was dying with all the blood an bone showing, anyhow they slid me outta the truck on a gurney an rolled right in with cowchit still dripping off me. The er doc washed my head off put in 42 stiches an sent me home. Wife made me ride home in the back of the truck.
When we had our trailer, I about never used the pot, a few times at night, #1. I find somewhere else to go, since I was the one servicing it.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20

When I was A boy we didn't have indoor plumbing, in the winter time we had chamber pots under the beds, we called them Thunder Mugs, It was my job to go around the house in the morning and take them to the out house and dump them then wash the Mug in the creek.

That was a cold, wet chitty, smelly job, I was a happy camper when my little brother got big enough to take over the job, and I got promoted to milking 3 cows twice a day, didn't take me long to learn to hate them damn cows, but not enough to go back to the thunder mug job. Rio7
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have a welder’s cap same pattern.

You wear panties fer weldin'?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
One time my parents came through with their motor home as they were ending a long trip. Dad needed to dump the tanks so he, my BIL and I hopped in and ran to town. Dad hooked up the hose and pulled the handle. Or he THOUGHT he hooked up the hose. He was on his knees in front of the drain when the hose came off and he got the full blast in the belly. We hosed him off good but that didn't take out the smell. We made him ride way in the back until we got home where his clean clothes were just coming out of out drier.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Damn Mark it ain't funny but it is!

I'll admit to having a day or two like that but that's as far as I'm going, for today you win brother.

I sure hope you clean up good before next weekend.......
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
well i read about a guy trying to steal gas from an rv, only he stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter
well i read about a guy trying to steal gas from an rv, only he stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank.
I've heard those stories a few times. I remember Paul Harvey relating one. In that one, the RV had 2 gas tanks and a too-small blackwater tank. The owner liked to park by a lake for long periods of time and needed a larger blackwater tank so he converted 1 of the gas tanks to a blackwater tank. The thief picked that one to steal from.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Since we are living on our property in our travel trailer, we have been using a “honey tote” to empty the black tank and go to a local State Park to dump at the dump station.
Today I drainEd the black tank and then used my tractor with forks to put the “honey tote” into the bed of my truck.
Off we went to the Park dump station.

That was the end of the good times.
First, the plastic wheels on the back of the tote broke off when my better half attempted to push the tote sideways in the bed of the truck.
Then the hose connection broke a locking hook off and started leaking when I tipped the hose down to dump. Tip it back up, tape the connection together and go back to dumping. Hahahah, then the hose connection on the bottom of the tote blew. Sewage everywhere!
Grab the tote as it’s pouring 27 gallons of sewage on the tailgate and me.
GrabBed the sonnuvabitch anD threw it off the tailgate into the dump splashwell.
There was a guy there filling his Igloo barrel cooler with potable water. He lasted until the schit started running off the tailgate. He grabbed his partially filled cooler and boogied.
My mesh running shoes got tossed in the trash, and so did the shorts and shirt I was wearing.
It took three scrub downs in the shower to get the stink off.

All I can do when things like this occur is say, "Some day we'll laugh about this."
Originally Posted by RIO7

When I was A boy we didn't have indoor plumbing, in the winter time we had chamber pots under the beds, we called them Thunder Mugs, It was my job to go around the house in the morning and take them to the out house and dump them then wash the Mug in the creek.

That was a cold, wet chitty, smelly job, I was a happy camper when my little brother got big enough to take over the job, and I got promoted to milking 3 cows twice a day, didn't take me long to learn to hate them damn cows, but not enough to go back to the thunder mug job. Rio7

RIO,

somehow I get the impression you're not one of them guys that wants to go back to

The Good Old Days.
Originally Posted by cowdoc
My first year at elk camp Joe had a porta-potty in a tiny tent for the "facility"

As rookies, my brother and I had to dig the hole and empty the contents.

I vowed to never use nor be expected to dump that damn thing again.

I make my living at the dirty end of the cow, but human sewage is a whole different deal.

Renegade mentioned expressions from all over he learned in the military.

I learned one of them, your story reminded me of it. When someone is stretching the truth a bit, he's say

"That's richer than three feet up a bulls ass."
Hey, I just hit 18K posts.

don't I get a lollipop or something like at the dentist?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by cowdoc

Haha

I was talking to a guy that works at the local landfill and for a cattle farmer part time. I asked him how he can stand the smell of hot rotting garbage all day. He replied "you get used to it." Then he said, "ya know what gets me, is human chidt. I can't stomach that smell! Hell! I can sit in a manure pile and eat my lunch but I'll puke at the smell of someone else's chidt!"

I had to agree with him.
Always lovely to run across a pile out in the woods that someone didn't even have the common decency to bury, eh?
Sasquatch?
Posted By: Robb10238 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Lets just say it is no comparison to owing a portable toilet business, sticking the suction hose in a very full tank in a toilet at a construction site and having the vacuum valve in "BLOW" rather than "VACUUM". First toilet of the day with 5 more to clean on that site before any chance to clean up and when that banjo valve handle opened up is was like standing at the base of Mt. Vesuvius when it blew! All I could do was grab the washdown hose, hose myself and the entire inside of the toilet down and clean the next five.

That or the day the bottom sight glass blew on the 3400 gallon full septic tank on the Kenworth T800. Nothing to do but zip up the rain gear tight and jump up and shove the fist into the 4" hole until the co-worker could get a board to jam in place. Yep, always interesting owning a septic/portable toilet business.
^^^^

That reminds me of a JW electrician local 429
, working at the nashville bridgestone area. Instead of doing his job he was down on the ground chewin the fat with the shît pumper dude.

The guys said there was a change in tone of the pumper truck, then a spectacular hose burst.

Haha, there was effluent muck splatter all down the side of the jobsite trailer except for the outline of a man. 😃
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
LMAO
Posted By: 1minute Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.

Hope tomorrow is better,
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
I used to work for a company that cleaned and inspected pipe, primarily sanitary sewers. Cleaned and inspected pipes as small as 4" and as large as 110". When we cleaned the 110" pipe, we actually lowed an ATV down into the sewer with a modified snow plow on the front to push the solids to a manhole. Did that job for about 15 years.
SO, as bad as your story sounds, I've got several that make yours seem like a sunny walk in the park.

And these days I work at a sewer treatment plant, it's not often but we have times every now and then that we have to do a nasty job. Thankfully it's usually a controlled mess and we have of PPE on.
Posted By: Tedo Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
A guy I know that runs a septic pumper says " it may be [bleep] to you but its bread and butter to me". A flush beats a full house.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by Certifiable
If they're going to keep on flushin' those, will need a bigger pump - quite a bit bigger.
An assistant principal at the high school where I taught auto mechanics owned a backhoe and a dozer and did landscaping on weekends and in the summertime. He found out the hard way that the lid on a septic tank will not support the weight of a D-5 Cat! He was clearing some property where a house had burned down years before and nobody remembered there was a tank there.
Posted By: ribka Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Always lovely to run across a pile out in the woods that someone didn't even have the common decency to bury, eh?

I know , My dog just ate a Mexican diaper full of schit hiking. terrible breath for days
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've heard those stories a few times. I remember Paul Harvey relating one. In that one, the RV had 2 gas tanks and a too-small blackwater tank. The owner liked to park by a lake for long periods of time and needed a larger blackwater tank so he converted 1 of the gas tanks to a blackwater tank. The thief picked that one to steal from.

20 years ago, a guy that worked for me had his in-laws come to visit in an RV with a full tank. Mark told his FIL that he would help him dump it into the PVC clean out pipe for his septic line when he got home. FIL would not wait. Found the PVC "clean out" pipe and dumped the full load ... into an external fill pipe for the cistern. Took Mark three days to pump out, scrub, and sanitize his cistern...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Reminds me of the Red Green show when they would each talk about their favorite car... Winston the septic sucker was talking about an old station wagon...
"I even started my business with it."
Red "you had a business before septic tanks."
Winston "no, I just put a kiddie pool in back, rolled down the windows, and drove like Hell."
Red "you didn't have problems with that."
Winston "not really, but for years after I would break out in a cold sweat every time I saw a Stop sign!"
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Valsdad, I've become a big fan of indoor plumbing, my horse trailer had living quarters, and a black water tank, when it needed to be emptied, I would open the valve and drive around a 100 acre cow pasture then fill it with water and that good smelling stuff and make another trip, worked for me for years, never caused any problems. Rio7
Posted By: efw Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Wow man that sounds NASTY sorry to hear of yer difficulties that’s pretty $h!tty fer sure!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
In high school, I had FFA first period so when they asked for volunteers to cuts pigs that would be raised for the county fair, my buddy and I stuck our hands up and got picked. we went to second period and the teacher sent us to the office and they sent us home, we had pig [bleep] all over our boots and jeans. we went and got a couple six packs and went fishing, a real good chitty day.
Posted By: Dess Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Sounds like a surefire way to cure someone from biting their fingernails.
Posted By: jpb Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Reminds me of the Red Green show when they would each talk about their favorite car... Winston the septic sucker was talking about an old station wagon...
"I even started my business with it."
Red "you had a business before septic tanks."
Winston "no, I just put a kiddie pool in back, rolled down the windows, and drove like Hell."
Red "you didn't have problems with that."
Winston "not really, but for years after I would break out in a cold sweat every time I saw a Stop sign!"

grin

Always like the man's prayer too: "I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess."

and the motto of the possum lodge:

Quando omni flunkus moritati

[Linked Image from redgreenshop.com]

John
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by Orion2000

20 years ago, a guy that worked for me had his in-laws come to visit in an RV with a full tank. Mark told his FIL that he would help him dump it into the PVC clean out pipe for his septic line when he got home. FIL would not wait. Found the PVC "clean out" pipe and dumped the full load ... into an external fill pipe for the cistern. Took Mark three days to pump out, scrub, and sanitize his cistern...

That FIL is an ass of the first order!
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20

Originally Posted by m_stevenson

You win buddy, I'm not playin' this game.

[Linked Image from bigpinekey.com]
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
I've been in Calgary's Bonnybrook sewage treatment plant, including the building where the effluent first enters the plant. That is by far the worst smelling location. The effluent goes onto tables where the condoms and tampons etc gets sorted out. Kind of gross, but the smell is manageable.

After surgery, I was on an antibiotic, that the longer I was on it, the worse my digestive system functioned. One night I was semi comatose in bed and thought I farted. No biggy. Later I had gas again and woke up more fully to realize that the bedding was damp. I got up and I couldn't stop it. A trail of liquid crap across the bedroom carpet to the ensuite where I managed to pretty much hit all four walls and cover the floor with the crap. Smelled like some sort of sick animal. Probably took me 2-3 hours, trying to not put weight on my surgically repaired foot, to clean up. My wife gets up and asks what's that smell. Why didn't I wake her up? Well I was plumb embarrassed for one thing.

Sure was glad to say good bye to the antibiotic.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
I wrote stay out of my shiet on a old igloo cooler and left it in the back of the truck for the game warden in the J.W. Corbett WMA. The game warden was always screwing with us cause he knew our ways. After the cooler ordeal he never looked in another cooler at our camp. Sure wish there was game cameras years ago.
Originally Posted by ribka

I know , My dog just ate a Mexican diaper full of schit hiking. terrible breath for days

Helped a buddy move to MT years ago. Everyone went out in his truck including his little lab/pit cross. Got out at one of them beautiful lookout points they had in the area, enjoying the vista, little dog runnin around in the bushes. Time to get back in the rig and move on to the next one. Where's that dog.

Comes out of the bushes and all of us smelled it at the same time. Little fugger had found a dukie someone left there and rolled in it. Had to ride in the back of the truck, we didn't have THAT much water with us to clean him up. Was a little chilly for him with that short fur.

Some things one never forgets.
Valsdad, I've become a big fan of indoor plumbing, my horse trailer had living quarters, and a black water tank, when it needed to be emptied, I would open the valve and drive around a 100 acre cow pasture then fill it with water and that good smelling stuff and make another trip, worked for me for years, never caused any problems. Rio7

As long as the cows didn't mind!
Originally Posted by AB2506

Yeah,

but maybe them pipes might have been labeled somehow too?
Posted By: jnyork Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/08/20
Reminds me of when I was in first grade and VERY unsophisticated, having never had any interaction with other kids until then. Anyway, some of the big boys (probably 3-4 graders) got togather with me and taught me a joke about Johnnyfuggerfaster, I'm sure most of you remember him. I didn't understand a word of it but they all laughed and laughed so I figured it must be funny . They told me to make sure I told it to the class when it started after recess. Well, I did that to my sorrow, first trip to the principal's office, almost got the paddle but he figured out what was going on and let me go. The big boys got in trouble big time from what I heard later.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/09/20
Right on, Blue. Living way out in the forest with some acreage, this works fine - prompts a tad more wild grass for the elk.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/09/20
Originally Posted by AB2506

Mark was the kinda guy that would probably be laffing about it today. But, yeah, he was not real pleased at the time...
When i was welding offshore, the chit line to the omnipure stopped up.

Didnt help it was 30 years old.

only thing to do was torch cut a random whole in the line to find the plug.

chit stinks.

Hot chit is worse.

Plus it came out like a snickers bar.... complete with peanuts.

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/09/20
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
When i was welding offshore, the chit line to the omnipure stopped up.

Didnt help it was 30 years old.

only thing to do was torch cut a random whole in the line to find the plug.

chit stinks.

Hot chit is worse.

Plus it came out like a snickers bar.... complete with peanuts.

A good excuse for chumming?

Big wahoo and tuna come after the smaller "peanut feeders"?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Literally a schitty day - 08/09/20
Mmmm corn
Was on a jackup. 300' water depth.

Very rarely could we get in the bluewater.

no tuna,

older platforms were snapper magnets.

© 24hourcampfire