Home
https://nypost.com/2020/08/13/chica...-sick-kids-inside/?utm_source=reddit.com

August 13, 2020 | 7:29am

Sick kids and their families cowered in fear inside a Chicago Ronald McDonald House as looters smashed the front door while trying to get inside this week, according to staff.

The charity says more than 30 families, as well as some sick children with them, were left “frightened” by those who smashed windows as they ransacked the Windy City during Monday’s chaotic crime spree.

“[They were] very concerned there was a lot of activity right in front of the house, people making choices that could put them at risk and put our families at risk, so the staff was frightened,” Ronald McDonald House Charities’ Lisa Mitchell told ABC7.

The attacked site houses families so they and their children can be close to Lurie Children’s Hospital, which should be an easy and safe trip just five blocks away.

“They are already in a really, really difficult spot, and having this kind of additional stress and worry about getting to and from the hospital … because of safety concerns is just doubling the strain,” Mitchell said.

Several windows were smashed and the front door had to be boarded up, but nobody was injured, the charity said.

Mitchell told CBS Chicago that it was vital that families “get the rest they need while they have a child in the hospital seeking care.”

“So it’s so important that anything that might be going on outside, we maintain our care for families,” she stressed.

Chicago locals fight off protesters and shut down BLM rally to prevent looting
At least 13 cops were injured in violent clashes with looters, with 100 arrests. It started amid reports that a teen had been shot by cops, although police later said it was a 20-year-old man who had first fired at officers as he fled arrest.

Ariel Atkins, a Chicago Black Lives Matter organizer, cheered the looting, calling it a “reparation.”
Originally Posted by Lennie
https://nypost.com/2020/08/13/chica...-sick-kids-inside/?utm_source=reddit.com

August 13, 2020 | 7:29am

Ariel Atkins, a Chicago Black Lives Matter organizer, cheered the looting, calling it a “reparation.”

This comment shows what the BLM and riots are all about.
The time for shooting looters has long passed !
I had a daughter at St Jude’s

I’d wreak havoc on that crowd
Come and get some reparations, rioters- - - - -I'm paying in hard currency- - - -12 gauge lead slugs one ounce at a time! You're welcome to all you can carry!
Whatever happened to the "YOU LOOT WE SHOOT" signs that were around in various natural disasters of the past? Like after hurricane Katrina and during the Rodney King riots. That stuff ain't looting, anyway....... It's a terrorist attack on innocent people and should be dealt with as such.
Sick Rabid animals that need to be put down.
[Linked Image from recoilweb.com]
Nah. The demographic of the looters allows for a perpetual get out of jail free card. Nothing to see here.
A situation where a guy who knows how to properly use a bump stock could do some good
Originally Posted by 1911a1
A situation where a guy who knows how to properly use a bump stock could do some good

Nah

Select targets and make shots count.
It's a comin
You guys misunderstand. This whole thing was a misunderstanding. Someone who could read enough to read "Ronald McDonald" tried to order some food from the staff, and it didn't work out, then there were claims of racism, then rioting.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Come and get some reparations, rioters- - - - -I'm paying in hard currency- - - -12 gauge lead slugs one ounce at a time! You're welcome to all you can carry!

Dude, don’t discriminate by picking one. Buckshot is an equal opportunity hammer.
I used to think about what we could do to solve racial inequality. Now I think of what we could do to get rid of them. Constitutional amendments can be repealed, you know.
Wow that story was in the New York Post. How did that get past the censors?
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I used to think about what we could do to solve racial inequality. Now I think of what we could do to get rid of them. Constitutional amendments can be repealed, you know.

It's as if you read my mind. My thoughts exactly.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
You guys misunderstand. This whole thing was a misunderstanding. Someone who could read enough to read "Ronald McDonald" tried to order some food from the staff, and it didn't work out, then there were claims of racism, then rioting.

All they could read was the golden arches.
BLM= Burning, Looting, Mayhem.
I saw the title and first thought,

I hope that the McDonald house doesn't forbid weapons upon entry. Only the parents who are in charge of their children's safety would heed the sign and leave them behind unfortunately.

Then after reading the article, I see that it's Chicago.
The parents who dare to disobey City authority by having the means to protect the innocent would be imprisoned in rape rooms for many years, leaving their families with no protection, nor provisions.
This reminds me that there's accomplices that aid and abet the street criminals.....
https://offgridsurvival.com/mayor-of-chicago-threatens-to-arrest-and-jail-citizens/

Note that she doesn't enforce this on rioters not social distancing.
I expect that police, fire or a motorcycle gang will step shortly.
They wouldnt have [bleep] w the Burger Kings house
That mayor is a retard. I hope they visit her house!
It's their right to commit crimes because they're black.
Years ago we stayed in a similar place in Pittsburgh,.
Other than a G19, we were unarmed.😉
42 felony charges approved in Chicago looting incident, prosecutors say
Grace Hauck, USA TODAY 1 hr ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yogi Dalal hugs his daughter Jigisha as his other daughter Kajal, left, bows her head at the family food and liquor store Monday, Aug. 10, 2020, after the family business was vandalized in Chicago. Chicago’s police commissioner says more than 100 people were arrested following a night of looting and unrest that left several officers injured and caused damage in the city’s upscale Magnificent Mile shopping district and other parts of the city. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)

The Chicago Police Department sought felony charges in 43 cases, and the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office approved 42 of them, according to the office.

The charges included 1 attempted murder charge, 28 burglary/looting charges, 5 aggravated battery/resisting an officer charges, 1 theft charge, 1 criminal damage to property charge and 6 gun possession charges.

Chicagos police commissioner says more than 100 people were arrested following a night of looting and unrest that left several officers injured and caused damage in the city upscale Magnificent Mile shopping district and other parts of the city.

In the one case where the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office declined to file felony charges, CPD detectives concurred with not charging a felony, the office said.

"The State's Attorney Office is ready and available to review cases brought to us by law enforcement and to charge those cases when appropriate," Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx said in a statement. "I am committed to keeping our communities safe and continuing to collaborate with our law enforcement partners to demand accountability and seek justice for the people of Cook County."

Foxx came under fire earlier this week when Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Chicago Police Department Superintendent David Brown appeared to suggest her office had "emboldened" looters by failing to charge more people involved in looting downtown in May.

"Criminals took to the street with the confidence that there would be no consequences for their actions," Brown said in a press conference Monday

Lightfoot called on county judges and prosecutors to hold people accountable to the "abject criminal behavior."

"This is not legitimate First Amendment protected speech. These were not poor people engaged in petty theft to feed themselves and their family," she said. "This was straight-up felony criminal conduct."

More cases were being reviewed and investigated by law enforcement, and more charges would be filed if appropriate, the Office of the Cook County State’s Attorney said.

The office said it was not aware of any misdemeanor charges. Police can arrest and directly file misdemeanor charges against someone, often releasing them on bond at the police station, according to the office, which usually becomes aware of the charges later.

Widespread looting rocked Chicago's Magnificent Mile shopping district and other parts of downtown early Monday as police say hundreds of windows were smashed and stores were robbed. More than 100 people were arrested, and 13 officers were injured, Brown said. At least one security guard and a civilian were hospitalized in critical condition after being shot, Brown said.

About 400 officers were sent to the downtown area after seeing posts on social media that Brown said encouraged a "caravan" of cars to engage in looting. The social media posts appeared to have been prompted by an incident Sunday in which police officers wounded a 20-year-old man.

Shooting that police say sparked looting: Chicago man charged with attempted murder

Chicago police arrested and charged Latrell Allen of Englewood with attempted murder after they say he shot at officers. Officers returned fire and hit Allen, who was in stable condition, police said. The officers were not wearing body cameras, and Chicago's civilian police oversight agency was investigating the shooting.

After the encounter, a Facebook video circulated falsely claiming police had shot and killed a 15-year-old boy, and the misinformation fueled what later turned into looting, Brown said.

But activists with Black Lives Matter Chicago have cast doubt on the police narrative of the incident, saying in a statement Monday that Allen "ran away, rightfully fearing for his safety in this dangerous interaction with racist armed police."

Chicago police "claims the victim shot first and that they found a gun on the scene. These details are uncorroborated, partially because CPD also claims there is no body camera footage available for this interaction," the group said.

The Chicago's police union, meanwhile, is calling for federal prosecution of those who looted. In a letter Wednesday, the union called on the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Illinois to investigate and prosecute the people involved in the "massive civil unrest" Monday.

An increased police presence and restricted access to downtown overnight was expected to continue throughout the weekend, city officials said. Police officers would be working 12-hour shifts, and days off would be canceled, Brown said.

Parts of Lake Shore Drive, expressway ramps and CTA stops downtown would be closed, and all downtown bridges would be up, the Office of Emergency Management and Communications said Wednesday.

Meanwhile, more than 2,200 people had expressed interest in a Saturday protest against police brutality on the South Side. Organizers said the group planned to shut down a major freeway.
42 felonies?

Man they rounding them up?

Hope they have enough jail cells for all them
Originally Posted by windridge
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Nah

Select targets and make shots count.

Nah,

Shot 'em in the legs and when they are immobile drag them out into the middle of the street, pour gasoline on them, and burn them. The sight, smell, and sound of rioters burning to death might dissuade others from taking that path to hell.
Originally Posted by Lennie
42 felony charges approved in Chicago looting incident, prosecutors say
Grace Hauck, USA TODAY 1 hr ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yogi Dalal hugs his daughter Jigisha as his other daughter Kajal, left, bows her head at the family food and liquor store Monday, Aug. 10, 2020, after the family business was vandalized in Chicago. Chicago’s police commissioner says more than 100 people were arrested following a night of looting and unrest that left several officers injured and caused damage in the city’s upscale Magnificent Mile shopping district and other parts of the city. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)

The Chicago Police Department sought felony charges in 43 cases, and the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office approved 42 of them, according to the office.

The charges included 1 attempted murder charge, 28 burglary/looting charges, 5 aggravated battery/resisting an officer charges, 1 theft charge, 1 criminal damage to property charge and 6 gun possession charges.

Chicagos police commissioner says more than 100 people were arrested following a night of looting and unrest that left several officers injured and caused damage in the city upscale Magnificent Mile shopping district and other parts of the city.

In the one case where the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office declined to file felony charges, CPD detectives concurred with not charging a felony, the office said.

"The State's Attorney Office is ready and available to review cases brought to us by law enforcement and to charge those cases when appropriate," Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx said in a statement. "I am committed to keeping our communities safe and continuing to collaborate with our law enforcement partners to demand accountability and seek justice for the people of Cook County."

Foxx came under fire earlier this week when Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Chicago Police Department Superintendent David Brown appeared to suggest her office had "emboldened" looters by failing to charge more people involved in looting downtown in May.

"Criminals took to the street with the confidence that there would be no consequences for their actions," Brown said in a press conference Monday

Lightfoot called on county judges and prosecutors to hold people accountable to the "abject criminal behavior."

"This is not legitimate First Amendment protected speech. These were not poor people engaged in petty theft to feed themselves and their family," she said. "This was straight-up felony criminal conduct."

More cases were being reviewed and investigated by law enforcement, and more charges would be filed if appropriate, the Office of the Cook County State’s Attorney said.

The office said it was not aware of any misdemeanor charges. Police can arrest and directly file misdemeanor charges against someone, often releasing them on bond at the police station, according to the office, which usually becomes aware of the charges later.

Widespread looting rocked Chicago's Magnificent Mile shopping district and other parts of downtown early Monday as police say hundreds of windows were smashed and stores were robbed. More than 100 people were arrested, and 13 officers were injured, Brown said. At least one security guard and a civilian were hospitalized in critical condition after being shot, Brown said.

About 400 officers were sent to the downtown area after seeing posts on social media that Brown said encouraged a "caravan" of cars to engage in looting. The social media posts appeared to have been prompted by an incident Sunday in which police officers wounded a 20-year-old man.

Shooting that police say sparked looting: Chicago man charged with attempted murder

Chicago police arrested and charged Latrell Allen of Englewood with attempted murder after they say he shot at officers. Officers returned fire and hit Allen, who was in stable condition, police said. The officers were not wearing body cameras, and Chicago's civilian police oversight agency was investigating the shooting.

After the encounter, a Facebook video circulated falsely claiming police had shot and killed a 15-year-old boy, and the misinformation fueled what later turned into looting, Brown said.

But activists with Black Lives Matter Chicago have cast doubt on the police narrative of the incident, saying in a statement Monday that Allen "ran away, rightfully fearing for his safety in this dangerous interaction with racist armed police."

Chicago police "claims the victim shot first and that they found a gun on the scene. These details are uncorroborated, partially because CPD also claims there is no body camera footage available for this interaction," the group said.

The Chicago's police union, meanwhile, is calling for federal prosecution of those who looted. In a letter Wednesday, the union called on the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Illinois to investigate and prosecute the people involved in the "massive civil unrest" Monday.

An increased police presence and restricted access to downtown overnight was expected to continue throughout the weekend, city officials said. Police officers would be working 12-hour shifts, and days off would be canceled, Brown said.

Parts of Lake Shore Drive, expressway ramps and CTA stops downtown would be closed, and all downtown bridges would be up, the Office of Emergency Management and Communications said Wednesday.

Meanwhile, more than 2,200 people had expressed interest in a Saturday protest against police brutality on the South Side. Organizers said the group planned to shut down a major freeway.

I'd bet that a phalanx of snowplows would open the blocked lanes. If not, I'm sure that there are several large snowblowers at O'Hare that could do the job ala Fargo if the snowplows weren't effective.
© 24hourcampfire