Home
I told the officer "I have a gun in the car" , He completely ignored me and asked for license an registration. then he comes back and gives me a warning and tells me have a nice day.
what the 1fuck is wrong with these people ?
Hah!
Must have been off his feed. smile smile smile smile smile
my sense of humor is killing me.
I be durn

That shît happens to me too.
White PRIVILEGE!
He don't want no White people getting rich off of gofundme.......
Originally Posted by persiandog
I told the officer "I have a gun in the car" , He completely ignored me and asked for license an registration. then he comes back and gives me a warning and tells me have a nice day.

Obviously the poor fellow hasn't had enough proper training.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
White PRIVILEGE!

I'm a little darker than Casper but I promise you I pass for white. I have near zero luck in situations like this with the cops. The only warning I ever got came from a black cop. My Caucasian brothers socked it to me.....and I didn't talk up to them or anything. Its one of several reasons I think white privilege is BS.

I got one speeding ticket in my life for intentionally speeding out on the interstate. I was in a hurry, the road was open and I was hauling azz.

The others have been the exact same situation as the OP........not paying attention and going a little fast in a 35 or a 45.
If you were going to use it, would you have told him????

I usually give them my Carry License and Drivers license in that order, and tell them the same thing............... haven't had a ticket yet.....

One kinda got snotty and said 'if you stay in your car you don't need to tell me that'..... I just said 'I think you aught to know'...........

He gave me a warning....
Originally Posted by Muffin
If you were going to use it, would you have told him????

I usually give them my Carry License and Drivers license in that order, and tell them the same thing............... haven't had a ticket yet.....

One kinda got snotty and said 'if you stay in your car you don't need to tell me that'..... I just said 'I think you aught to know'...........

He gave me a warning....

Here we're supposed to inform them in any "interaction", I do the same as you, hand them the CL and license together.

I've only had one that got a little weird, told me to be sure to keep my hands in view and this was just a license check stop.
I always hear these stories about cops letting guys go cause the have a gun permit. I really dont believe any of it
I don't think anyone claimed to have gotten out of a ticket BECAUSE they had a firearm in the car. I think it was more like: they got just a warning in spite of having a gun in the car.

You should have made a furtive movement if you wanted to get a rise out of him.
You didn’t tell him “Phuq yo’ white azz!”, and reach for it???
I don't think anyone claimed to have gotten out of a ticket BECAUSE they had a firearm in the car. I think it was more like: they got just a warning in spite of having a gun in the car.

Oh you and your “facts and logic”!

The agenda must be number one; GET ON BOARD OR STEP ASIDE.

[/sarcasm]

Op that was just yer White privilege.
Originally Posted by RJY66
White PRIVILEGE!

I'm a little darker than Casper but I promise you I pass for white. I have near zero luck in situations like this with the cops. The only warning I ever got came from a black cop. My Caucasian brothers socked it to me.....and I didn't talk up to them or anything. Its one of several reasons I think white privilege is BS.

BS. You gots white privilege. Thats how they know you got yer money. wink
Persiandog: I worked in law enforcement for nearly 29 years and had a "quota" of one a day "or else"!
Stats were collected every month.
I never met the quota in 348 straight months!
I did though write a ticket once in about every ten traffic stops (usually for no drivers license!) and the other 9 out of 10 got warnings with a promise of "caught again" then ticket time.
My felony arrest stats were so high that my supervisors never mentioned my low traffic ticket numbers.
On my department the quota though for "Traffic Officers" was 12 (twelve!) tickets a day!
Back then once the quota was met the traffic officer was excused from duty for the day!
Thus a few chippy tickets were written by the "traffic cops".
My advice "obey" all the traffic laws - traffic tickets now, are so expensive, I consider the fines unreasonable.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I told the officer "I have a gun in the car" ,

A peace officer I know well tells me that when he would stop someone and they told him, “I have a gun in my glove compartment,” he would respond, “I have one in my holster. You keep yours where it is and I’ll keep mine in my holster.”

He’s a wise and fair young man.
Originally Posted by T LEE
Must have been off his feed. smile smile smile smile smile

Lackadonuts!
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Persiandog: I worked in law enforcement for nearly 29 years and had a "quota" of one a day "or else"!
Stats were collected every month.
I never met the quota in 348 straight months!
I did though write a ticket once in about every ten traffic stops (usually for no drivers license!) and the other 9 out of 10 got warnings with a promise of "caught again" then ticket time.
My felony arrest stats were so high that my supervisors never mentioned my low traffic ticket numbers.
On my department the quota though for "Traffic Officers" was 12 (twelve!) tickets a day!
Back then once the quota was met the traffic officer was excused from duty for the day!
Thus a few chippy tickets were written by the "traffic cops".
My advice "obey" all the traffic laws - traffic tickets now, are so expensive, I consider the fines unreasonable.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Dale
Where did you cop?
Tim McVeigh told the officer that by chance stopped him. "My gun is loaded". The officer pulled his own and said "So is mine" and arrested him not knowing he had the bomber.
I don't know how it works anywhere else but in South Dakota they pull you over and run your plate before they get out of their unit and you're cross referenced to the ccw list bang instantly. They ask you if your armed .allways carry my ccw permit behind the dl and hand them both. Been asked only a few times why I handed them the ccw permit. I allways tell them that they are due that courtesy and no more problem. MB
I got pulled over by one of those thug Montana state troopers doing 87 in a 65 mph zone. He saw that I had a bunch of cased rifles on the back seat, and said he was gonna write me a ticket.

Then he looked over and saw Huntsman 22 in the passenger seat and asked "how far are you driving today?" I told him back to Colorado and he said "I'm gonna let you off with a warning, that's punishment enough."
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I don't know how it works anywhere else but in South Dakota they pull you over and run your plate before they get out of their unit and you're cross referenced to the ccw list bang instantly. They ask you if your armed .allways carry my ccw permit behind the dl and hand them both. Been asked only a few times why I handed them the ccw permit. I allways tell them that they are due that courtesy and no more problem. MB

Same here in TX. No telling how many “warning” tickets I’ve got for speeding since I got my Carry Permit 25 years ago. 🤠
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Same here in TX. No telling how many “warning” tickets I’ve got for speeding since I got my Carry Permit 25 years ago. 🤠

Might be because...... of all the people that the police stop, odds are they know the ones with a CCW will have their back.............
© 24hourcampfire