Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Persiandog: I worked in law enforcement for nearly 29 years and had a "quota" of one a day "or else"!
Stats were collected every month.
I never met the quota in 348 straight months!
I did though write a ticket once in about every ten traffic stops (usually for no drivers license!) and the other 9 out of 10 got warnings with a promise of "caught again" then ticket time.
My felony arrest stats were so high that my supervisors never mentioned my low traffic ticket numbers.
On my department the quota though for "Traffic Officers" was 12 (twelve!) tickets a day!
Back then once the quota was met the traffic officer was excused from duty for the day!
Thus a few chippy tickets were written by the "traffic cops".
My advice "obey" all the traffic laws - traffic tickets now, are so expensive, I consider the fines unreasonable.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Dale
Where did you cop?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tim McVeigh told the officer that by chance stopped him. "My gun is loaded". The officer pulled his own and said "So is mine" and arrested him not knowing he had the bomber.

Last edited by Hastings; 09/09/20.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I don't know how it works anywhere else but in South Dakota they pull you over and run your plate before they get out of their unit and you're cross referenced to the ccw list bang instantly. They ask you if your armed .allways carry my ccw permit behind the dl and hand them both. Been asked only a few times why I handed them the ccw permit. I allways tell them that they are due that courtesy and no more problem. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I got pulled over by one of those thug Montana state troopers doing 87 in a 65 mph zone. He saw that I had a bunch of cased rifles on the back seat, and said he was gonna write me a ticket.

Then he looked over and saw Huntsman 22 in the passenger seat and asked "how far are you driving today?" I told him back to Colorado and he said "I'm gonna let you off with a warning, that's punishment enough."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I don't know how it works anywhere else but in South Dakota they pull you over and run your plate before they get out of their unit and you're cross referenced to the ccw list bang instantly. They ask you if your armed .allways carry my ccw permit behind the dl and hand them both. Been asked only a few times why I handed them the ccw permit. I allways tell them that they are due that courtesy and no more problem. MB

Same here in TX. No telling how many “warning” tickets I’ve got for speeding since I got my Carry Permit 25 years ago. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Same here in TX. No telling how many “warning” tickets I’ve got for speeding since I got my Carry Permit 25 years ago. 🤠

Might be because...... of all the people that the police stop, odds are they know the ones with a CCW will have their back.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

350 members (204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 41 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,467
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.