Home
Posted By: RoninPhx dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
read in the comments events leading up to the dog b ite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyP...YA9HuPddwjsZYViU5GO4iRtY8aDmAvChnIB_cW8g
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
I read down into the comments to get the LEA's take. Still looks like the LEOs really screwed the pooch on that one.

As a non-LEO; were I to unleash deadly force on a compliant, non-threatening suspect out of incompetence or desire for vengeance; I would be charged and hammered by the prosecutor. Even if the suspect had previously threatened grievous harm to me, mine, and random passers-by.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Cops who are into police dogs naturally like using them (like bowlers like to bowl and golfers like to golf), and there's a temptation to see situations as requiring their use when it's not actually justified. A good K-9 cop recognizes this factor and counters it appropriately. A bad one will give into his desire to see his dog in action regardless of appropriateness.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
The dog likes Mexican food.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
That doesn't look too good. I hope the dog food was a pedophile.
Posted By: KFWA Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
I don't like the idea of the police retaliating against a guy that is complying

but this guy was an illegal who ran , put lives in danger and injured a woman because he didn't want to get caught.

I don't know if that action will make the next guy more likely to run or not, but he needed an ass whuppin. I'm guessing he won't run if he is in that situation again
Posted By: slumlord Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Maybe that dog will leave a few lasting impressions
Posted By: KFWA Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Rodney King was a teaching moment for the community in regards to not obeying police (and for the police when they are being recorded)

Some people didn't learn.
Posted By: ingwe Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
The guy was obviously a bad actor who posed what they considered a lethal threat. That said, the K9 being released at that point was either a mistake or piss poor judgement in the use of force.The other consideration, and we see it all the time, is that the dog had a schitty "out" ( that is, to release the bite.)
The K9 fits roughly into the use of force continuum at the level of a baton. Nobody was swinging fists or batons at that moment... They're gonna have some explaining to do.
Posted By: smokepole Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Do they routinely use goldens for that kind of work?
Posted By: ingwe Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Originally Posted by smokepole

Uhhh, nope!
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
I would be worried a Golden Retriever might lick the suspect to death.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Originally Posted by smokepole

Golden Gloves may be used from time to time......
Posted By: AZmark Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Don’t know what happened previous to the guy laying down. Maybe he was armed? But something for sure.

Anyway I hope the dog doesn’t get in trouble or hurt.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Guy may have been a complete jerk before that, but he had complied with at least 3-4 commands before they set the dog loose on him. There was no call for that.
Posted By: slumlord Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Got chewed up by AirBud

I’d say that retriever is probably a little hard on birds too
Posted By: AZmark Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Anyway you choose to look at it the end result is the police all went home unharmed after having to take a criminal into custody. It’s their safety that’s at stake here not the armchair quarterbacks. That’s a win as far as I’m concerned.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
I think old Jose there is gonna get paid.

Gonna have the fanciest low rider in town.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Originally Posted by ingwe
The guy was obviously a bad actor who posed what they considered a lethal threat. That said, the K9 being released at that point was either a mistake or piss poor judgement in the use of force.The other consideration, and we see it all the time, is that the dog had a schitty "out" ( that is, to release the bite.)
The K9 fits roughly into the use of force continuum at the level of a baton. Nobody was swinging fists or batons at that moment... They're gonna have some explaining to do.

Im going with expensive mistake. It's things like this that sometimes make me wish i had been a fugging lowyer. wink
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
Those cops ought to be fired. And probably will be.

Just before they're trials.
Posted By: RDW Re: dogs like to bite - 09/10/20
I love it when K9's do their job, much more entertaining and thugs seem to fear the dog more than the taser or getting shot.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: dogs like to bite - 09/11/20
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Those cops ought to be fired. And probably will be.

Just before they're trials.

Was there anyone but the dog handler at fault?

Also, could the dog have slipped out of his control?
Posted By: viking Re: dogs like to bite - 09/11/20
Sum beach spoke good English then.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: dogs like to bite - 09/11/20
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I think old Jose there is gonna get paid.

Gonna have the fanciest low rider in town.

I bet you're right.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: dogs like to bite - 09/11/20
Originally Posted by viking
Sum beach spoke good English then.

LOL !
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: dogs like to bite - 09/11/20
Well all the bite-work and hitting that sleeve , a dogs needs to sink his teeth in a real taco one in a while .
Posted By: Valsdad Re: dogs like to bite - 09/11/20
Originally Posted by ingwe

I'll take it from the expert here.

Mighty mighty poor optics at a minimum.

I'm sure glad in the case of mistaken ID that I was a part of, they didn't have a dog/handler combo there like that. Instead, I got complimented by the original officer on how I did "everything right"................very similar to the bite victim there before the dog was released.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: dogs like to bite - 09/11/20
All joking aside , something went wrong . Dog jumped from handler ? .Doesn't seem likely but a 75 lb dog can pull pretty hard on a leash when he's hyped .

I may be wrong but it looked like they though he was a threat for some reason .
© 24hourcampfire