Home
His talk about AR-15 confiscation is overruled by new “character, suitability and ‘any other’ " requirements for gun ownership; Second Amendment would be optional.

My question is:

What test is proposed for a person to assume the office of the President of the United States?

JPFO: Biden Plans ‘Psych’ Test for Gun Ownership
by NEWS WIRE on SEPTEMBER 8, 2020
Related Tags: Buzz, News Wire, R2KBA

Joe Biden is leading president Trump in the polls by 7.5 percent, according to the latest polls. (Photo: WIRED)
His talk about AR-15 confiscation is overruled by new
“character, suitability and ‘any other’ ” requirements
for gun ownership; Second Amendment would be optional.

The Bill of Rights ban on infringement would be ignored;
Unelected bureaucrats will literally choose who can bear arms;
All existing arms in private hands will be subject to confiscation.

Bellevue, WA — A plain reading—not “analysis”—of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s gun bill, now in both houses of Congress, will require current and future gun owners to pass psychology and character tests to continue owning the firearms they already legally possess. When asked, legal experts have been unable to describe how this would be legal, Biden has not commented. America has 100 million gun owners by most estimates. That has grown dramatically by sales to people terrified amidst urban rioting, who can’t get police protection, during the corona-virus pandemic.

The first line of the identical bills, HR5717 and S3254, requires a federal license for any American to legally “purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition.” This is de facto infringement.

To obtain this license you would need to prove to unelected officials that you are of “sound mind and character,” you do not “potentially create a risk to public safety,” and you meet “any other requirements the State determines relevant.” No standards or guidelines are provided. Assuming anyone could qualify, authorities, “make a determination of suitability,” for your possession and ownership of firearms, including any you currently own. Orthodox Rabbi Raziel Cohen, a JPFO Ambassador and certified trainer says, “This outrageous usurpation of power, and affront to the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment could never pass muster at the U.S. Supreme Court.”

Alan Korwin, an author and consultant to JPFO notes that, “Democrats have publicly promised if they can’t succeed legislatively, they will repeal the filibuster rule, pack the Supreme Court with left-leaning Justices and exercise their will.” Nothing limits the High Court to only nine seats.

Take a look at HR 5717 for yourself:

hidin biden will have to give up his shotgun
Biden would fail a basic cognitive function test right now. I don't care if he mandates five cats for every lesbian, either.
The guy has always been a complete retard.

Why a psych test? I’m perfectly content here in the Group W Bench.
As long as he can pass the same eval in front of a live audience.
There are so many problems with this proposal, of principle, legal, ethical, and practical, that it is hard to know where to start, For the practical, a valid assessment isn't a "just" job, like a brief interview and maybe a short paper and pencil test. In all likelihood a law would allow it to be done by any licensed health practitioner, most of whom are not nearly qualified to do so. It would or should require a psychiatrist or psychologist experienced in such assessments. That takes time and doesn't come cheap. Not to mention that there aren't nearly enough qualified mental health professionals even to treat the seriously mentally ill, which should be the priority.

Imagine you need an exam to get a firearms permit. "Well, Mr. Gun Guy, the doctor can see you next year, maybe".

What I have laid out is just the tip of the iceberg. And, BTW, it also applies to the suggestion that police officers get periodic mental fitness exams. It just isn't logistically practical, even setting aside a bunch of other concerns.

Paul
Well if it’s similar to what he had to pass ba candidate, nobody has anything to worry about.
Originally Posted by smarquez
As long as he can pass the same eval in front of a live audience.

No, it’s not fine as long as he can pass the same test.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The guy has always been a complete retard.

Wonder where he got that idea?

Gee, I wonder who will administer the test and who will decide who passes and who fails?

More nonsense from Babbling Biden.
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Gee, I wonder who will administer the test and who will decide who passes and who fails?

See my post above.

Then there is the bias of the evaluator. I have been privileged to know some gun friendly psychiatrists and psychologists. Don't bet that they are typical!

Paul
Well Im screwed

I’ll just keep buying them in parking lots
Isn't this how England disarmed the citizenry at large and made it extremely difficult for hunters to own a rifle/shotgun?? Interview with a doctor and cops interview your neighbors??
If we can’t buy guns we’ll make them and we won’t be making any semi automatics either.
Flintlocke plans "psych" test for presidential candidates. Or if that don't fly...maybe a simple mental cognizance test.
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

See my post above.

Then there is the bias of the evaluator. I have been privileged to know some gun friendly psychiatrists and psychologists. Don't bet that they are typical!

Paul

I guess my extension of your point was meant to imply that eventually it won't be in the hands of friendly or un-friendly psychiatrists or psychologists. It will end up as a bureaucratic function and issuance of a permit will be a political calculation, just like the issuance of 501 c 4 applications were stonewalled by Lois Lerner. Irregardless, I think it's just Biden babbling, telling his base what he thinks they want to hear. But a lot of the far left babblings are getting uncomfortably close to becoming reality, so best that we take the possibility seriously.
Biden just cost himself 100 million votes.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Flintlocke plans "psych" test for presidential candidates. Or if that don't fly...maybe a simple mental cognizance test.

A random drug screening would clear out DC nicely.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Truth. But the way it works is that those who administer the test would become overnight multimillionaires who would retire as billionaires. Whatever standard we set, whoever judges that standard is then in the position of pivotal power, and stands to become corrupted. It doesn't matter which standard or where. Whenever a standard is set, the judges of that standard become gatekeepers.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

StoneCutter, that's a great video. Thanks.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Doubtful that the morons that vote democrat have a clue as to their real agenda.
Originally Posted by JB in SC

Doubtful that the morons that vote democrat have a clue as to their real agenda.

Yep. They’d vote for satan if he was the DemoRat’s nominee.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Yep. That fuggin witch Piglosi would fail BIGGLY.
I always wonder about the political leaning of all these new first time panic gun buyers who who bought during this unrest. Are they A political? Or even registered to vote? How would they Vote? Do they have a clue?
I'll make Joe a proposition - I'll take a psych test if he does the same test. (Sarcasm Off)
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

StoneCutter, that's a great video. Thanks.

Great ad, even though it advocates for the NRA instead of an organization committed to defending our Second Amendment rights.
Someone who couldn't pass cognitive testing, has multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, would have his finger on the nuclear trigger.

Comforting thought.
Look at Dr. Mengala's medical tyranny under Hitler.

They use the same old same old methods of the vast majority of politicians since any of them added to the 2nd A.
All of them are unconstitutional.
All of them immoral.
Once they started adding to the 2A, they've never stopped. They never will either. Ron Pauls are left out of our Republican races for a reason.

1968 USA = 1938 Germ.

Demon crat = Steal them fast by violation of God given rights.

Publicans = Take them now and due process later.
These fat cats we, (me too), voted for need held accountable, Not worshipped with praise when LaPierre invites them to talk. Nothing like a fat cat lighting up a cigar and blowing smoke in the back room and the hypocrite turning around and telling us what we need to hear......like he's our friend? I don't run in his circles.
How would they respond to a new bill on their desk if they got BOOS at the next NRA rally?
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
hidin biden will have to give up his shotgun

This right here!^^^ Oh, that's right; he probably forgot that little detail.
We here always take 2nd amendment issues seriously, but many, even some gun owners, don't unfortunately. This is the first election in some time where the campaign has a perfect tie-in argument to motivate the wishy washy crowd. Every single time the campaign mentions lawlessness in the streets, they should add "and they want to take guns away from law abiding citizens and keep them from protecting their business and family..."
What test is proposed for a person to assume the office of the President of the United States?........... I've been saying for years that anyone running for or currently holding public office should be subject to random drug testing. An additional Psych test would be an excellent idea after seeing the likes of Joe Biden, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, A.O.C., Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff, Etc. I could list more but you get the idea.
Originally Posted by 22250rem
What test is proposed for a person to assume the office of the President of the United States?........... I've been saying for years that anyone running for or currently holding public office should be subject to random drug testing. An additional Psych test would be an excellent idea after seeing the likes of Joe Biden, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, A.O.C., Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff, Etc. I could list more but you get the idea.

As I said above, whoever issues the tests would be in a huge position of power, and thus corruptibility. There is no way around this. There is no way to administer a test without creating a gatekeeper to power, who could be bought off. There will be nothing gained by this approach for anyone but the guy put in the position to get huge bribes.
Any psychological test is subjective and therefore corrupt, especially if designed and/or administered by politicians.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

You are a disingenuous piece of shit. What Trump is saying is that people who are an OBVIOUS threat should be disarmed and that police agencies should not have to go through weeks, days, and months of "process" to do what is right. He's saying that "due process" should be streamlined and I agree.

Fucking TURD.
Once he undergoes a Psych test and we see the results we can talk about it.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

You are a disingenuous piece of shit. What Trump is saying is that people who are an OBVIOUS threat should be disarmed and that police agencies should not have to go through weeks, days, and months of "process" to do what is right. He's saying that "due process" should be streamlined and I agree.

Fucking TURD.

Who decides what constitutes an "OBVIOUS threat", exactly, in this Utopian society you've concocted in your mind?

How about you just admit that what Trump said here is in blatant disregard of the Bill of Rights? It's easier on all of us if you minimize the cognitive dissonance we have to put up with.

Or maybe even a gazillion times more... like an Obamillion...
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Fucking TURD.

Who decides what constitutes an "OBVIOUS threat", exactly, in this Utopian society you've concocted in your mind?

How about you just admit that what Trump said here is in blatant disregard of the Bill of Rights? It's easier on all of us if you minimize the cognitive dissonance we have to put up with.

How about GFY?

Fucking TURD.

Pres Trump is many things but Conservative Constitutional scholar is not one of them.

Sucks he said it but sure glad his policies haven’t supported his words. With an off the cuff guy like him it’s policy that is the grounds for judgment.

Yep what he said is flat wrong.

Fucking TURD.

How about GFY?

Stupid and proud of it? You can feel free to tell me off. I wouldn't piss on your head if you were on fire. You and your kind need to go the way of the Dodo.
Originally Posted by efw

Fucking TURD.

Pres Trump is many things but Conservative Constitutional scholar is not one of them.

Sucks he said it but sure glad his policies haven’t supported his words. With an off the cuff guy like him it’s policy that is the grounds for judgment.

Yep what he said is flat wrong.

And that's just it. He throws stuff out there to stimulate discussion, but assholes like W4B will take everything out of context. Other assholes like HnS will sit on their high horse and tell us everyone is wrong and no one has it right.

Fucking TURD.

How about GFY?

Stupid and proud of it? You can feel free to tell me off. I wouldn't piss on your head if you were on fire. You and your kind need to go the way of the Dodo.

You've proven yourself to be what everyone recognizes you to be. Live with it.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Someone who couldn't pass cognitive testing, has multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, would have his finger on the nuclear trigger.

Comforting thought.

This!!!
© 24hourcampfire