Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
His talk about AR-15 confiscation is overruled by new “character, suitability and ‘any other’ " requirements for gun ownership; Second Amendment would be optional.

My question is:

What test is proposed for a person to assume the office of the President of the United States?

JPFO: Biden Plans ‘Psych’ Test for Gun Ownership
by NEWS WIRE on SEPTEMBER 8, 2020
Related Tags: Buzz, News Wire, R2KBA

Joe Biden is leading president Trump in the polls by 7.5 percent, according to the latest polls. (Photo: WIRED)
His talk about AR-15 confiscation is overruled by new
“character, suitability and ‘any other’ ” requirements
for gun ownership; Second Amendment would be optional.

The Bill of Rights ban on infringement would be ignored;
Unelected bureaucrats will literally choose who can bear arms;
All existing arms in private hands will be subject to confiscation.

Bellevue, WA — A plain reading—not “analysis”—of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s gun bill, now in both houses of Congress, will require current and future gun owners to pass psychology and character tests to continue owning the firearms they already legally possess. When asked, legal experts have been unable to describe how this would be legal, Biden has not commented. America has 100 million gun owners by most estimates. That has grown dramatically by sales to people terrified amidst urban rioting, who can’t get police protection, during the corona-virus pandemic.

The first line of the identical bills, HR5717 and S3254, requires a federal license for any American to legally “purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition.” This is de facto infringement.

To obtain this license you would need to prove to unelected officials that you are of “sound mind and character,” you do not “potentially create a risk to public safety,” and you meet “any other requirements the State determines relevant.” No standards or guidelines are provided. Assuming anyone could qualify, authorities, “make a determination of suitability,” for your possession and ownership of firearms, including any you currently own. Orthodox Rabbi Raziel Cohen, a JPFO Ambassador and certified trainer says, “This outrageous usurpation of power, and affront to the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment could never pass muster at the U.S. Supreme Court.”

Alan Korwin, an author and consultant to JPFO notes that, “Democrats have publicly promised if they can’t succeed legislatively, they will repeal the filibuster rule, pack the Supreme Court with left-leaning Justices and exercise their will.” Nothing limits the High Court to only nine seats.

Take a look at HR 5717 for yourself:

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
hidin biden will have to give up his shotgun

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Biden would fail a basic cognitive function test right now. I don't care if he mandates five cats for every lesbian, either.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The guy has always been a complete retard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why a psych test? I’m perfectly content here in the Group W Bench.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
As long as he can pass the same eval in front of a live audience.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There are so many problems with this proposal, of principle, legal, ethical, and practical, that it is hard to know where to start, For the practical, a valid assessment isn't a "just" job, like a brief interview and maybe a short paper and pencil test. In all likelihood a law would allow it to be done by any licensed health practitioner, most of whom are not nearly qualified to do so. It would or should require a psychiatrist or psychologist experienced in such assessments. That takes time and doesn't come cheap. Not to mention that there aren't nearly enough qualified mental health professionals even to treat the seriously mentally ill, which should be the priority.

Imagine you need an exam to get a firearms permit. "Well, Mr. Gun Guy, the doctor can see you next year, maybe".

What I have laid out is just the tip of the iceberg. And, BTW, it also applies to the suggestion that police officers get periodic mental fitness exams. It just isn't logistically practical, even setting aside a bunch of other concerns.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well if it’s similar to what he had to pass ba candidate, nobody has anything to worry about.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smarquez
As long as he can pass the same eval in front of a live audience.

No, it’s not fine as long as he can pass the same test.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The guy has always been a complete retard.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
His talk about AR-15 confiscation is overruled by new
“character, suitability and ‘any other’ ” requirements
for gun ownership; Second Amendment would be optional.

Wonder where he got that idea?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Gee, I wonder who will administer the test and who will decide who passes and who fails?

More nonsense from Babbling Biden.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Gee, I wonder who will administer the test and who will decide who passes and who fails?

See my post above.

Then there is the bias of the evaluator. I have been privileged to know some gun friendly psychiatrists and psychologists. Don't bet that they are typical!

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well Im screwed

I’ll just keep buying them in parking lots

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't this how England disarmed the citizenry at large and made it extremely difficult for hunters to own a rifle/shotgun?? Interview with a doctor and cops interview your neighbors??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If we can’t buy guns we’ll make them and we won’t be making any semi automatics either.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Flintlocke plans "psych" test for presidential candidates. Or if that don't fly...maybe a simple mental cognizance test.

Last edited by flintlocke; 09/11/20.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

See my post above.

Then there is the bias of the evaluator. I have been privileged to know some gun friendly psychiatrists and psychologists. Don't bet that they are typical!

Paul

I guess my extension of your point was meant to imply that eventually it won't be in the hands of friendly or un-friendly psychiatrists or psychologists. It will end up as a bureaucratic function and issuance of a permit will be a political calculation, just like the issuance of 501 c 4 applications were stonewalled by Lois Lerner. Irregardless, I think it's just Biden babbling, telling his base what he thinks they want to hear. But a lot of the far left babblings are getting uncomfortably close to becoming reality, so best that we take the possibility seriously.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Biden just cost himself 100 million votes.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.