Home
Next time Climate Change comes up, and the Lefties start wringing their hands, tell them it is all over. The peak demand for fossil fuels has passed, and will never go back to former levels. So says the braintrust at BP.

What this means is that the world forever more will be using less fossil fuels, and that should mitigate man made climate change forever more. It will blow their minds.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/bp-says-era-oil-demand-230100653.html
Anyone who lived through the 70s, with smoke stacks everywhere, smog in every major city, lead paint, asbestos, and leaded fuel in every vehicle, knows that the environment is already 10 times cleaner today. That's why the only two groups who support this issue are brainwashed young people who aren't old enough to know any better, and older people who do know better but are using it as either a Marxist revolution cover story or a globalist scam to screw America.
BP is obviously run by idiots at worst or manipulators at best.
In the USA, that may be true.
In China - not so much.
As dictatorial as the EPA is, I'll have to say that they have done a lot to clean things up. They've gone way overboard on some stuff but the air's certainly cleaner around cities.
They are saying that soon (within a few years) there will be more electric cars sold than gas and that, in combination with self-driving cars, will make gas powered mass transit obsolete. It is on its way out except for small niches (air travel, heavy equipment, lubricants, etc.). When that happens, oil will fall dramatically. By rights, it should completely take the wind out of the sails of AGW, but I'll wager they'll try to find another way to ration energy.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I worked for BP for a short while after they bought ARCO Oil and Gas. Lord Brown was as odd (LBQTXYZ) as a three dollar bill, and staffed the company with a lot of like minded, so called socially responsible people. Biggest bunch of idiots I ever tried to work with! I took the severance package and worked for them as a contractor for two more years. Never was so happy to get shet off a company in all my life.
BP is certainly the most "left" of the majors.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
They are saying that soon (within a few years) there will be more electric cars sold than gas and that, in combination with self-driving cars, will make gas powered mass transit obsolete. It is on its way out except for small niches (air travel, heavy equipment, lubricants, etc.). When that happens, oil will fall dramatically. By rights, it should completely take the wind out of the sails of AGW, but I'll wager they'll try to find another way to ration energy.

The Saudi oil minister is quoted saying “the Stone Age didn’t end because we ran out of stones”.
You can't stop religious fanatics with logic or reason.

True. Remember about 10 or 12 years ago they were running those TV ads telling us how green they were? Telling us that BP stood for “Beyond Petroleum”. Then they blew out that oil well in the gulf and caused that huge oil spill. Fortunately they had to cut out that Beyond Petroleum crap.
JMHO, but most of the top managers at BP have lost their minds.
, and that should mitigate man made climate change forever more.

Can't Mitigate something that never existed.
Originally Posted by Dutch

The Saudi oil minister is quoted saying “the Stone Age didn’t end because we ran out of stones”.

+1!
Yeah yeah yeah. In the '80's they said that by the year 2000 cars would fly just like on the Jetsons. Haven't seen any of that stuff haopening yet.
Originally Posted by Allen917

I worked for BP for a short while after they bought ARCO Oil and Gas. Lord Brown was as odd (LBQTXYZ) as a three dollar bill, and staffed the company with a lot of like minded, so called socially responsible people. Biggest bunch of idiots I ever tried to work with! I took the severance package and worked for them as a contractor for two more years. Never was so happy to get shet off a company in all my life.

I worked for ARCO for 10 years or so before the buyout and BP for the following 10... you are right about BP. They kept working on bringing the operating procedures together and went with the "better" procedure every time, as long as it was the BP way. Talk about FUBAR! They were completely out of touch but fixed every situation with meetings... meetings... and more meetings. It was impossible to get anything done.

Lord Browneye made a site visit and absolutely swished from meeting to meeting. Shortly afterward BP took exception to the costs being rung up in his closet...
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Anyone who lived through the 70s, with smoke stacks everywhere, smog in every major city, lead paint, asbestos, and leaded fuel in every vehicle, knows that the environment is already 10 times cleaner today. That's why the only two groups who support this issue are brainwashed young people who aren't old enough to know any better, and older people who do know better but are using it as either a Marxist revolution cover story or a globalist scam to screw America.

It's ALL about (1) control and (2) the money....
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Anyone who lived through the 70s, with smoke stacks everywhere, smog in every major city, lead paint, asbestos, and leaded fuel in every vehicle, knows that the environment is already 10 times cleaner today. .

Yup, those Damn EPA folks made that [bleep] happen.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
As dictatorial as the EPA is, I'll have to say that they have done a lot to clean things up. They've gone way overboard on some stuff but the air's certainly cleaner around cities.

Overboard in the portable gas can department for sure, still can't find any worth a schit and they are over priced crap.
So, what caused the Medieval Warming? England was producing wine grapes in 900AD. Try that now.
Originally Posted by Borchardt
So, what caused the Medieval Warming? England was producing wine grapes in 900AD. Try that now.

Wine production in England is increasing pretty quickly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_from_the_United_Kingdom
Along the Northern border of the USA from MN to NW Washington as well as interior AK, we make jokes about "Give me a little Global Warming" when we get into the "perpetual below zero" phase of winter.

We also get the occasional 40-50 degree day in the cold part of the year and again as a joke, we thank "Global Warming".

Of course both are anomalies. My question is: When does "Weather" become "Climate"?

How many years before "Weather" becomes "Climate"?
The EPA is yet another example of the self licking ice cream cone government bureaucracy that keeps having to reinvent itself with more and more regulations to justify its existence. They did some good work at the onset, but have grown into an oppressive, wasteful and punitive operation that needs SEVERE curtailing .
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The EPA is yet another example of the self licking ice cream cone government bureaucracy that keeps having to reinvent itself with more and more regulations to justify its existence. They did some good work at the onset, but have grown into an oppressive, wasteful and punitive operation that needs SEVERE curtailing .

+1

Also was reported during the Viking Era. Romans brought grapes to England with Hadrian.

What then, is normal climate? Warm enough to grow grapes in England, or cool enough NOT to grow grapes in England? Next, How did the Romans and Vikings warm the Earth enough change the climate to grow grapes there? What happened?

You (Y'all) get what I'm saying. Is growing grapes something new or a return to historical norm?

SO...........what will they be fueling the power plants with? The green idiots hate hydro worse than oil.
Originally Posted by steve4102
, and that should mitigate man made climate change forever more.

Can't Mitigate something that never existed.

Climate change is real and it has always exited. To say that its man made or man's fault is where the bovine excrement comes in. If it were man's fault then I guess the Neanderthals were responsible for one of the ice ages. Even some of the past ages were quite hot. Even the Jurassic period was warmer than today. In between, how many ice ages?. Guess one was the fault of dinosaur farts or some such. Climate changes and it always will. To put the blame on man is the epitome of assissinity.
Paul B.
Originally Posted by hatari

Also was reported during the Viking Era. Romans brought grapes to England with Hadrian.

What then, is normal climate? Warm enough to grow grapes in England, or cool enough NOT to grow grapes in England? Next, How did the Romans and Vikings warm the Earth enough change the climate to grow grapes there? What happened?

You (Y'all) get what I'm saying. Is growing grapes something new or a return to historical norm?

Or does it matter?

the globe has warmed for a few decades, has happened several times already in recorded human history. Wether man made or not, it IS.

Nobody is going to stop the Chinese or Indians, or Africans or Indonesians from buying and burning the available oil. That just IS what it is. Doesn’t matter how many Prius’ are sold in San Francisco.

Likewise, NOBODY is going to change solar cycles, and there will be glacial ice in Arkansas soon enough.

So, enjoy the times we can have wine from Britain, because this, too, shall pass.
They'll just say BP is lying....it is a religion after all.
When engaging the huge, sweeping issues that unfold across decades and centuries, most of mankind can only manage a view very limited in scope and understanding - this being only natural for we mere mortals. The weakest and most fragile of these folks work themselves into the crisis mode and wring hands about impending doom, and some of the nastiest of mankind try to take advantage of such weakness. Nothing there new to mankind.
© 24hourcampfire