Home
They don't seem to like activist judges when the tables are turned.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214098579

"And I mean EVERYTHING. There will be no law that Biden signs that some nut wing will take to a court and say it validates their constitutional freedoms. I think even a minimum wage will be struck down. Everything will be freedom of religion, civil liberties, etc. The ONLY remedy we have it to expand the court.

Of course, this is assuming Trump's replacement gets a vote. The only way the Court doesn't expand is if Biden gets to choose her replacement, otherwise, we're in big [bleep] even if Biden wins."
5/4, but still good enough, don't forget the 'compromised' pedo illegal adoption traitor roberts!
You do realize that if the Democrats win the Presidency and the senate they can abolish filibusters, expand the court and add 2 seats LMFAO, McConnell knows this...
Originally Posted by Ginther
You do realize that if the Democrats win the Presidency and the senate they can abolish filibusters, expand the court and add 2 seats LMFAO, McConnell knows this...

McConnell also knows he can do the same right now.
You must be counting Roberts as one of the good guys.

Don't bet the farm on him.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Bingo...

Bush Sock Puppet
A 6-3 conservative Supreme Court ruled in favor of Roe v Wade
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Perhaps because telling other people what they can or can not do based on your or another's religious predilection is not really a conservative trait.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Ginther

McConnell also knows he can do the same right now.
This is what needs to be done. Give the President 3 nominations as opposed to 1.
The premise of the OP was "President Biden". If it turns out that a clearly mentally incompetent geriatric can be elected, perhaps the long term battle for American values laid down by the Founders is lost in the long run anyway. If the main body of the American people have lost the love of freedom and equality as written by the Founders, and can't comprehend the inevitable ruin that Marx and Engels beliefs will bring, the war may be lost. Packing a court bench is tactics...perhaps we need to address strategy, tear the current educational system to shreds, where the pied piper of Marx and Engels ideas lures generations of American youth. Fight for the court we want, yes, but plan strategically to win back the people who would vote for a geriatric fool to get "free stuff". It sounds too simple...but un-revised history in education is the key.
The main body of America still supports the rule of law, the constitution, our freedom and our capitalist economy.

‘‘Tis is why the Democrats must cheat and cheat hard to win.
Gawd Steve 4102, I hope you are right!
The main body of America still supports the rule of law, the constitution, our freedom and our capitalist economy.

They are very good at it, that's the scary thing.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Perhaps because telling other people what they can or can not do based on your or another's religious predilection is not really a conservative trait.

Question for you, Idaho Shooter:
“If I shoot a pregnant woman, and she dies, why am I charged with a double homicide ?”

“I’ve noticed that everyone in favor of abortion, has already been born!” R. Reagan
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Words were quoted from thread on DU.

I count Roberts as a Lib vote and am pleasantly surprised when he votes according to the Constitution.
Idaho shooter! Religion has nothing to do with killing a child. It’s called morals. If it wasnt for morals and law there would be a lot fewer people on this earth. Edk
Originally Posted by gunner500
5/4, but still good enough, don't forget the 'compromised' pedo illegal adoption traitor roberts!

Spot on. Just dont screw up your life and say Gates and Tom Hanks are in on it too. whistle
You have far more faith in Republican nominated justices than I do. I give you Chief Justice Benedict Roberts as Exhibit A.

“If I shoot a pregnant woman, and she dies, why am I charged with a double homicide ?”

“I’ve noticed that everyone in favor of abortion, has already been born!” R. Reagan

I like the way you put that!!!
Hiden Biden ain’t gonna be President.

Bingo.

And that's the leaning of the latest two Trump appointee's. Besides, if you take the time to think it through, you will realize anything else is a huge looser for Republicans, and this country.

But we should finally get some gun cases through the court. It's about time we started rolling back those infringements.
Originally Posted by 57springer

Except it's not that simple, it depends on the state, the intent of the woman, and how far along she is during the pregnancy, so this argument fails since legally, we already have restriction on late term abortions.
Now, suppose Trump gets his new SCJ before the election.....

Hummm. I can see this having far reaching implications with respect to the Dims trying to steal the election.

Oh, Leroy, Gritner and SAC, do you pukes want to bet some money?
Isn't the number of Justices stated in the Constitution? I don't have my pocket Constitution in front of me now so can't confirm, but if it is doesn't it take a majority of states to change it. In other words the president or the senate can't just vote themselves new justices. Yes? No?

Question for you KD, Why don’t you open up your wallet and bank account and pay for all these kids you want women to have that can’t afford them or want them?...You’re solution is wait 18 years then let them commit a violent crime and then you’ll say they should be put to death.

Dumb fûcks all...You want to get involved in a women decision to have or not have a kid? Then you pay for all of them with your money, not mine or stfu.

I support enough shîthead kids and there parents with my taxes.

😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Question for you KD, Why don’t you open up your wallet and bank account and pay for all these kids you want women to have that can’t afford them or want them?...You’re solution is wait 18 years then let them commit a violent crime and then you’ll say they should be put to death.

Dumb fûcks all...You want to get involved in a women decision to have or not have a kid? Then you pay for all of them with your money, not mine or stfu.

😎

This is a good point. And while I'm Pro Life I can't help but wonder where we'd be if abortion wasn't legal. We'd all be paying for these kids born to single mothers.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Isn't the number of Justices stated in the Constitution? I don't have my pocket Constitution in front of me now so can't confirm, but if it is doesn't it take a majority of states to change it. In other words the president or the senate can't just vote themselves new justices. Yes? No?

Nope.
There's been more, and there's been fewer.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Nope.

Correct

I think one must remember that the Demonrats have never really been able to sell their programs to the people at large, the only way they got what they wanted was through "activist" judges and the stacked courts.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

😎

Haha. So in your opinion, we should kill a kid so you don’t have to support him later.

How about holding people account for their actions?

I actually understand your point. I just don’t believe killing the kid is the answer.

The Democrats have purposely created an environment where unwed mothers benefit financially if they don’t get married. It was a plan from the very beginning to create more voters for the Democratic Party.

Personal responsibility and accountability are not traits the Democrats aspire to.

Pretty simple:
Reward behavior we want to see more of
And, punish (or at least not reward) behavior we want to see less of!
Originally Posted by 57springer

Except it's not that simple, it depends on the state, the intent of the woman, and how far along she is during the pregnancy, so this argument fails since legally, we already have restriction on late term abortions.

And apparently there are still 12 states that don't hold to the "double homicide" rule if Wiki is correct:

However, 38 states also recognize the fetus or "unborn child" as a crime victim, at least for purposes of homicide or feticide.[2]

Nope.

When was there more or fewer. Holder recently said the Dems need to change the Constitution to pack the court.
© 24hourcampfire