Home
Posted By: Rustyzipper Football? - 09/20/20
My family is watching the KC chefs and chargers. I can't stand for watching people who won't stand for the US. The anthem or otherwise. Not a few of them are overpaid pantywaists who will be caught selling and or using drugs or alcohol in excess, abusing and assaulting others. Always crying they don't have this or that. Buying way ridiculous homes and vehicles. Still thinking they make the world go around. I hope they find the Lord as some have already. I sure hope someone wins the game soon as I was tired of it before it started. And no I didn't skip my coffee I don't drink that foul tasting liquid. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Football? - 09/20/20
Question- why is your family watching it?
Posted By: hookeye Re: Football? - 09/20/20
Guess somebody else pays the cable bill
Posted By: RDW Re: Football? - 09/20/20
One guess who wears the panties in the family...
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Football? - 09/20/20
I always watch football on Sundays. Have for years. Im watching the movie " magnificent seven " for about the 15th time. Im done with the nfl
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Football? - 09/20/20
I've easily resisted the NFL so far.

Miss college football.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Football? - 09/20/20
Tell your relatives you don't watch NFL if it's your house. If it's theirs, tell them politely that you'll come back when it's over.
Posted By: EdM Re: Football? - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I've easily resisted the NFL so far.

Miss college football.

That's where I am Sam.
Big 10 is back . Theirs some hope

Imo, MI is gonna beat OSU....
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Football? - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Big 10 is back . Theirs some hope

Imo, MI is gonna beat OSU....

Who the hell cares?

The Wall Street Journal just ran a survey and ranking of all the colleges in the United States. Michigan came in 23rd. Ohio State came in 100th. Education is a lot more important than some kiddie-college game where pavement apes bash each other and wear slimy dreadlocks.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Football? - 09/20/20
I can only speak for myself,

Fug em.

And college too.
Let me guess you guys also think higher education isn't in it for the money either...right. its the education.

Rivalry between schools isn't bad. You don't like football, thats your choice. I like watching it.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Football? - 09/20/20
I don't care if the wife watches. And I pay the bill on the cable, and internet. And I don't mid being called the bitch because I do all the wash and some of the vacuuming and dishes. Friday or Saturday I want to get I mean hit the sack early she says, Sure honey, I really appreciate all the things you do for me." Instead of NO! Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Football? - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Fug em.

And college too.

same here........

I can find something much better to do
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Football? - 09/20/20
Okay, you won't drink coffee or watch NFL football. Are you fishing for encouragement or an argument?

Watch or don't watch, that's your choice. Posting that you don't? That's just seeking attention.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Football? - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Okay, you won't drink coffee or watch NFL football. Are you fishing for encouragement or an argument?

Watch or don't watch, that's your choice. Posting that you don't? That's just seeking attention.

Expected out of furbalz; others sometimes surprise.

Hell of a game btw Rusty.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Football? - 09/21/20
I miss the games....but wife and I are on the same page as far as cutting it off.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Football is dead to me. I don’t understand people who are ok with supporting our enemies.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Football? - 09/21/20
I cut tv off 4 or 5 months ago. Haven't missed one second.
Posted By: windridge Re: Football? - 09/21/20

Fug em.

And college too.

I analyzed every word of your post and can't find where I would disagree.
Posted By: MARCEL Re: Football? - 09/21/20

Fug em.

And college too.

Same here.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by MARCEL

Fug em.

And college too.

Same here.

x3 This long-time fan is fed up. I haven't watched a single minute of NFL, NBA, MLBA, or NASCAR for the first time in decades.

Take note, Professional sports. I'm not the only one fed up with your pandering and disrespect to this great country.

Bye.
Posted By: 79S Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Call me what you want but I watched the games today.. majority of guys on here saying they won’t because they are kneeling same bunch who never wandered down to the local recruiter at the age of 18-30-42 and joined the service. Ph uck several of you guys here are in your late 40’s mid 50’s easily could of joined up during the war in Iraq hell they moved age requirement to 42 at that time.. So yeah, my 22yrs plus career year is coming to an end on 31december 2020 and I will be damned if a bunch internet guys tell me what I can and can’t watch..

Go Steelers!
Posted By: hanco Re: Football? - 09/21/20
I’ve lost interest in pro sports!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Football? - 09/21/20
You wouldn't know a Steeler if is was pissing in your Busch Light.....

Why dont you switch the Voice back on and leave us alone!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Go eat some almond joys and fix a saddle or something..
I am out of almond joys.

Better yet go build a ramp and jump your Yamaha 125 over the barn... mr too cool for school
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Thats your problem 79S. You like the steelers. Sorry man. I'm only a 9 year Marine vet.
I think my folks have watched some football.

Seems like they like the Chiefs.
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Dead
To
Me.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Football? - 09/21/20
I am out of almond joys.

Bummer, great candy bar.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Football? - 09/21/20
It would appear that virtue signaling, is now America's most popular sport.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by Fubarski

No, indifference and rationalizing are.
Posted By: RAS Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Football is dead to me. I don’t understand people who are ok with supporting our enemies.

+1

Remember, some people will sell their reputation, souls and honor for a few shekels.
Thats your problem 79S. You like the steelers. Sorry man. I'm only a 9 year Marine vet.

Damn 11 more yrs you could’ve retired... but .....
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by Fubarski

No, indifference and rationalizing are.

Chances are, your ISP has donated to liberal causes.

I'll expect you to log out.
Originally Posted by 79S

Could have but made better money and I can think on my own, besides, retirement from the military isn't what it used to be. Your still in so you are used to what it is now
Originally Posted by 79S

Could have but made better money and I can think on my own, besides, retirement from the military isn't what it used to be. Your still in so you are used to what it is now

Huh retirement isn’t what it’s used to be? I’m grandfathered into the high 3 retirement. Anyhow good talk Gunny.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Huh retirement isn’t what it’s used to be? I’m grandfathered into the high 3 retirement. Was this 9yr marine time all straight active or all reserve time?? Anyhow good talk Gunny..

All active. If your on jbear, go to the 4th recon unit and you will find my name as a trainer, as an active duty Marine. I never served in the reserves. Got to look back to the 90"s though.
did recon change their name nowadays?
Posted By: RDW Re: Football? - 09/21/20
College football does not have sh ! to do with an education, it's the path to the NFL so I could care less if it dies with Pro-Entertainment
Posted By: stantdm Re: Football? - 09/21/20
I have not watched an NFL game this year and won't. After two weeks of not watching I don't miss it one little bit. It leaves a lot of time for doing stuff that is actually productive. There is not a dull knife left in the house.
did recon change their name nowadays?

I have no idea, those marines are on the back 40 off the Davis hwy..
Originally Posted by stantdm
I have not watched an NFL game this year and won't. After two weeks of not watching I don't miss it one little bit. It leaves a lot of time for doing stuff that is actually productive. There is not a dull knife left in the house.

Same here....the more I think about it, the more pissed I get.
Posted By: fester Re: Football? - 09/21/20
I won $140 on a 15 dollar bet
Sf +7
Rams
Bills
Nyg/ chi under 421/2

Winner!
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Football? - 09/21/20
I caught five minutes of the intro to NFL on Sunday, by accident. I turned on the tv at 12:30 and it happened to be on CBS. There was Phil Sims, talking to some black NFL player.

Phil was an outstanding QB for NY Giants in the eighties and since then has been an NFL announcer. I have watched him play, dozens of times, and I have watched him many, many times as an announcer.
But yesterday, Phil was pandering to Black Lives Matter. He said that all his life he had ignored the terrible racism in America. He said that this black player, who he was talking to, that his white team mates were lucky to have him to explain to them what a nightmare it is to be black today in America.

They agreed that a few months back, it was George Floyd murdered by racist cops, but tomorrow it could be any black NFL player who gets murdered by cops. As though, there is a rash of football players being shot. [There has never been an active duty black NFL player shot by cops.]
And Phil apologized again for just not understanding how scary it is to be a black NFL player today.

I watched five minutes and changed the channel just before I was going to throw up. It was bizarre to see some illiterate black guy who barely has a high school education, and who is making $9 million a year to catch a football, to be moaning about how terrible he has it today in America.

Five years ago, ten years ago, when I used to watch the NFL a lot, Phil Sims was not talking any of this BS about systemic racism in America. Evidently the word is out to all NFL announcers, they must pander to BLM, or they will be out of a job.
I can't believe you lasted that long.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Football? - 09/21/20
"They agreed that a few months back, it was George Floyd murdered by racist cops, but tomorrow it could be any black NFL player who gets murdered by cops. As though, there is a rash of football players being shot. [There has never been an active duty black NFL player shot by cops.]
And Phil apologized again for just not understanding how scary it is to be a black NFL player today."

There is another thread here about math, the problem is real.
330,000,000 +/- folk in America, a very small percentage of ANY RACE are shot or killed by police.
It's all relative.
Posted By: KentuckyMountainMan Re: Football? - 09/21/20
At this point......... If you are still watching the NFL......You should Join B.L .A.M.E.....And start burning Chit Down.....
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I caught five minutes of the intro to NFL on Sunday, by accident. I turned on the tv at 12:30 and it happened to be on CBS. There was Phil Sims, talking to some black NFL player.

Phil was an outstanding QB for NY Giants in the eighties and since then has been an NFL announcer. I have watched him play, dozens of times, and I have watched him many, many times as an announcer.
But yesterday, Phil was pandering to Black Lives Matter. He said that all his life he had ignored the terrible racism in America. He said that this black player, who he was talking to, that his white team mates were lucky to have him to explain to them what a nightmare it is to be black today in America.

They agreed that a few months back, it was George Floyd murdered by racist cops, but tomorrow it could be any black NFL player who gets murdered by cops. As though, there is a rash of football players being shot. [There has never been an active duty black NFL player shot by cops.]
And Phil apologized again for just not understanding how scary it is to be a black NFL player today.

I watched five minutes and changed the channel just before I was going to throw up. It was bizarre to see some illiterate black guy who barely has a high school education, and who is making $9 million a year to catch a football, to be moaning about how terrible he has it today in America.

Five years ago, ten years ago, when I used to watch the NFL a lot, Phil Sims was not talking any of this BS about systemic racism in America. Evidently the word is out to all NFL announcers, they must pander to BLM, or they will be out of a job.

How can that be, NBA and MLB take em right out of High School, but not the NFL so he had to have at least 3-4 years of college and probably from USC or Notre Dame. Must be that they are to racist to teach anything other than “Get me the ball, I need the ball.“ 😃
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Yeah, NFL guys "have 3 years of college" but they don't learn much. They have special, very easy courses for these football players to take.

How often do you hear about a retired NFL player who went back to college to complete his degree.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Football? - 09/21/20
SIMONKENTON7 - " ... Evidently the word is out to all NFL announcers, they must pander to BLM, or they will be out of a job."

Count on that.

L.W.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Football? - 09/21/20
This is my second season without football. i don't miss it at all.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Football? - 09/21/20
I know of one that comes to mind. Lawrence Phillips. Believe he enrolled at Kern Valley but dropped out before graduation to San Quentin and a private room.
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Football? - 09/21/20
Boycott the ungrateful, racist, BLM supporting NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR and boycott those promoting it!
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: Football? - 09/22/20
Anybody know what the football ratings are?

My google-fu is weak.

EDIT: Found the "ratings decline". Down 16%.

That's gonna hurt.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ague-grapples-with-social-justice-issues
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Football? - 09/22/20
I still like the sport of football , just not NFL. The players disgust me .
Posted By: ISRO Re: Football? - 09/22/20
When the kneeling started, I stopped cold turkey.
Posted By: fester Re: Football? - 09/22/20
Got $100 against the raiders to win $50....
Posted By: 79S Re: Football? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
At this point......... If you are still watching the NFL......You should Join B.L .A.M.E.....And start burning Chit Down.....

10-4
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Football? - 09/22/20
If some Lowes employees, in store uniforms, went out into the parking lot and burned the flag, and the CEO stood there, watched and didn't do anything to stop them, would you continue to go to Lowes and buy schit?
© 24hourcampfire