Home
Just That! sigh, carry on.
Well...I dont know.

Was she the most qualified? Or just the most qualified woman?

Hopefully there was NO ONE more qualified for the position of Supreme Court Justice.

Otherwise its just another pile of political crap that we are being fed.
I am a huge fan of ACB. She clerked for my favorite Supreme Court justice of all time (Scalia) and has demonstrated fidelity to the Constitution. She's not an activist judge and I think she'll be as good as Thomas and Alito have been. A brilliant, dedicated, moral woman with the right pedigree and philosophy. She'd be my choice for any Supreme Court vacancy, without regard to her gender.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Well...I dont know.

She is clearly more qualified than the one she will be replacing.
You heard it here first folks!
Originally Posted by vapodog
Well...I dont know.

Yeah, that one is dead.

Even I am more qualified at this point than RBG.
I recall kudos and enthusiasm for John Roberts too. Hmm. Crickets.
Well...I dont know.

Yeah, that one is dead.

Well,

you do have that Montana Eskimo thing going for you. That alone should bring you into the conversation for consideration.

So, enlighten me folks, didn't see any news tonight, was busy with a lot of stuff. Was she officially picked by The Donald as his nominee?
2020 redeemed itself last week.
Twitterpated, wabigoon.

Yes, Valsdad. She's now officially the target of a Democrat smear campaign but I think they shot their wad on Kavanaugh. but we'll see.
Originally Posted by Remsen
I am a huge fan of ACB. She clerked for my favorite Supreme Court justice of all time (Scalia) and has demonstrated fidelity to the Constitution. She's not an activist judge and I think she'll be as good as Thomas and Alito have been. A brilliant, dedicated, moral woman with the right pedigree and philosophy. She'd be my choice for any Supreme Court vacancy, without regard to her gender.

There ya have it folks! Endorsement from the ‘fire’s own lawyer!
Originally Posted by Morewood
Twitterpated, wabigoon.

Yes, Valsdad. She's now officially the target of a Democrat smear campaign but I think they shot their wad on Kavanaugh. but we'll see.

Well, not that it matters even a tiny bit to me but some folks here will be concerned, what denomination is she. Some here make a big deal that there's too many Kath O' Licks and Joos on that bench already. Is she perhaps a Calvinist?

Very well said.
I suspect she will be a very significant improvement over rbg. It would be extremely difficult for her to be worse.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Morewood
Twitterpated, wabigoon.

Well, not that it matters even a tiny bit to me but some folks here will be concerned, what denomination is she. Some here make a big deal that there's too many Kath O' Licks and Joos on that bench already. Is she perhaps a Calvinist?

She is a catlicker. Not that there’s anything wrong with it.
Originally Posted by ironbender

She is a catlicker. Not that there’s anything wrong with it.
[/quote]
Seriously? I didn’t know.
She adheres to the Constitution. And we need more folks like that on the bench. She will prove to be a great addition to the SC. Screw the interview process and just vote her in.
Originally Posted by MickeyD
I suspect she will be a very significant improvement over rbg. It would be extremely difficult for her to be worse.

Had this conversation with someone the other day...

The Justice before RGB had his views and opinions (call the "ABC" opinions.

RGB replaced him... and brought with her "XYZ" opinions.

The new Justice replacing RGB will have "123" opinions...

None of it is very complicated most second graders could understand
Many more threads will be started for she, as shivers go down past people's knee.

Smart move on Trump's part. Maybe it will pull a few D catholic hearts.
Well...I dont know.

Hopefully there was NO ONE more qualified for the position of Supreme Court Justice.

Otherwise its just another pile of political crap that we are being fed.

We dont need the most qualified. We need Trump back in the WH.

Having someone conservative and who supports him is icing on the cake.

Im guessing you do like cake.
Well...I dont know.

Yeah, that one is dead.

I’d argue that a dead person is more quailed than RBG. At least the dead can’t fugg up there interpretation of the constitution.

I agree. I wanted ACB nominated over Kavanaugh a couple of years ago.
Well...I dont know.

Truth. Never bring an arrow to a missle fight.

Seems to be a better choice than Kavanagh. I think Trump picked Kavanagh over her last time thinking he was perceived as being less conservative and therefore the safer choice. Turned out the opposite was true.

One plus for the women justices is the natural longevity factor. She could live to be 100 and stay on the bench. If she is all they say she is that will be a bonus.

I want a "conservative" activist judge who will use the same means for ends beneficial for my people the subversives have used for their people. Not to do so is analogous to following the rules of the marquess of queensbury while your opponent is gutting you with a knife.

Besides, rule of law is dead. All is power and "who, whom?"
Wabi, we are all so numbed by continuous political pounding that it's hard to get worked up one way or the other. The process will unfold, both sides will froth at the mouth, and she'll either be confirmed or she'll withdraw. And then the sides will froth at whatever comes next. None of which we have any control over.
Originally Posted by jfruser

I want a "conservative" activist judge who will use the same means for ends beneficial for my people the subversives have used for their people. Not to do so is analogous to following the rules of the marquess of queensbury while your opponent is gutting you with a knife.

Besides, rule of law is dead. All is power and "who, whom?"

A true conservative Justice couldn't be an activist as you describe. The core of conservatism is adherence to the Constitution as written, so bring the country back to the era of the Constitution's words directing the justices isn't activism, it's originalism. The left has to rely on activism because they're trying to make the Constitution mean something that it doesn't say and was never intended to say. All we have to do is wipe out the bad precedent of a "living, breathing Constitution" (the holy grail of activism), and like I said, that's not activism. That's restoration of the rule of law.
Too early, we do not know how she will be.
© 24hourcampfire