Home
Seems like I just recently saw a add from like Springfield or similar about something new coming out in the firearm world this month

Was a snowy mountain setting with footprints I believe

Anyone know what that add was or by who?

Probably another dang AR15 variant but was hoping for something different maybe
Found it. It is Springfield. September 29. No clue what it is though.

Curious anybody have any clue?
A new bolt action rifle, made in Croatia?? Oh, and it’s gotta have one of those stupid angled Benelli-style trigger guards, to let you know how “modern” it is....
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Something inferior to a Kimber Montana / Fieldcraft?
Well, as long as the racing stripe is well done... smile
It'll obviously be something sellar and perfect out of the box...after being glass bedded, free-floated, a trigger job, squared bolt face and custom handloads and a million posts about why 2 MOA is acceptable because "it's not a bench rest rifle".
Won't make any difference, there won't be any ammo available.
Originally Posted by ringworm
It'll obviously be something sellar and perfect out of the box...after being glass bedded, free-floated, a trigger job, squared bolt face and custom handloads and a million posts about why 2 MOA is acceptable because "it's not a bench rest rifle".

You nailed it, a remake of the Remington 700.
Found it. It is Springfield. September 29. No clue what it is though.

You sure you are not talking 2019.

Springfield did this last year with the Hellcat.
Then again it could be like a T3x,
but priced like Tikka's were before they became popular.
Originally Posted by flintlocke

You nailed it, a remake of the Remington 700.

A new Kimber
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Probably something not revolutionary or even worth while but has me curious at least
Are they getting back into optics again?
I bet is is a revolutionary first seen product. a striker fired 9mm on a polymer frame
A takedown bolt-action rifle for mountain hunting. In 6.5 Creedmoor, of course.
10mm compact handgun that converts to a pistol caliber carbine.

Bob
Odds are high there will be a stubbly Marlboro Man looking model toting it around in the snow or on a windswept ridge, whatever it is.

Said Marlboro Man is gay, lives in Brooklyn with his husband Raoul, doesn't know one end of a gun from another, and marches in gay pride rallies on weekends. LOL
Bluetooth turrets
Originally Posted by auk1124
Odds are high there will be a stubbly Marlboro Man looking model toting it around in the snow or on a windswept ridge, whatever it is.

Said Marlboro Man is gay, lives in Brooklyn with his husband Raoul, doesn't know one end of a gun from another, and marches in gay pride rallies on weekends. LOL

😂
.30-30 Win bolt action.

Heard it here 1st.
350 legend Gaydar taser
Unfortunately I would say you guys are right, but I’m still curious What it is.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Something inferior to a Kimber Montana

Dear God, that would be one incredible accomplishment.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

They already jumped that shark.... Remington 710

Actually if it's Springfield it'll probably be Piston driven 12" folding stock AR in 6.5 creed more.
It's a 700 clone, set up in the "light tactical-hunter" style. Carbon fiber stocks, fluted SS or carbon-wrap barrels, DBM setups, etc. Starting at $1699 MSRP. 3/4MOA guarantee. Interesting...

SA Model 2020
It’s a bolt action rifle. Tactical styling, but seems weight is reasonable. Rem 700 clone. Big magazine that extends beyond triggerguard
It's a bolt-action hunting rifle called the 2020. I was fortunate enough to receive the first rifle that left the company's hands for testing a few weeks back. Very impressive accuracy. It was embargoed until today's announcement.
Originally Posted by JPro
It's a 700 clone, set up in the "light tactical-hunter" style. Carbon fiber stocks, fluted SS or carbon-wrap barrels, DBM setups, etc. Starting at $1699 MSRP. 3/4MOA guarantee. Interesting...

SA Model 2020

I guess it would be great for some folks.

Reckon I'll just stick with what I already have.
Bluetooth turrets

laugh

crazy

whistle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JPro

SA Model 2020

I guess it would be great for some folks.

Reckon I'll just stick with what I already have.

But, but, that’ll mean you’ll have nothing made in Illinois by a$$clowns who happily sold out of there in the industry to ingratiate themselves?

laugh
For the same Dinero I'd take a Fieldcraft!
once they add on a line of left handed turnbolts, i'll bet people will start lining up from far and wide.
Originally Posted by exbiologist
It’s a bolt action rifle. Tactical styling, but seems weight is reasonable. Rem 700 clone. Big magazine that extends beyond triggerguard

I dont see that it is a clone of the 700. all rifles have some features copied from others
Honest effort by a larger player to calve off the lower end of the custom market. Does anyone else find the big magazine protrusion unappealing?

Another step towards helping to get the 6.5PRC to gain a foothold too. I’ll stick with my Barrett 6.5 Swede but this will be an option for a lot of guys.
I’m actually liking the looks. Glad it’s not another pistol or AR. Might be trying one just for 💩 and giggles of it. Depending on caliber. Wouldn’t mind another shorter barreled lighter gun for the suppressors to hang off the end of
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Honest effort by a larger player to calve off the lower end of the custom market. Does anyone else find the big magazine protrusion unappealing?

Another step towards helping to get the 6.5PRC to gain a foothold too. I’ll stick with my Barrett 6.5 Swede but this will be an option for a lot of guys.

I wonder if it is single stack mag being a lot of states the limit is 5 rds. I think rugers scout rifle was single stack
They've hit every bell and whistle appealing to the modern sniper hunter.

Should be popular.

Judging by personal observation on range sight in days and an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence from others here, whether more than a tiny percentage of modern sniper hunters will actually be able to hit anything with it is still very much up the air.
Looks nice. Nothing that interests me. I'll be using my krag this season.

-Jake
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Does anyone else find the big magazine protrusion unappealing?

I’ll stick with my Barrett 6.5 Swede but this will be an option for a lot of guys.

I think the magazine hanging down like that looks awful...and it's probably right about the best carry-point, balance-wise for the rifle.

And I think I'll stick with my Sako 6.5 Swede.
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

I dont see that it is a clone of the 700. all rifles have some features copied from others

Round action that fits the 700 footprint but not a 700 clone: it uses a cone breech and an integral recoil lug.
Whoop-de-do!

Another "tacticool" looking rifle. That makes 237 instead of just 236.

IMHO that magazine alone makes it worthless. You can't carry it one-handed at the balance point.

And calibers. It doesn't even come in 30-06, let alone high velocity cartridges. PRC? .300 Mgnum? No.

What good is a 0.75 MOA big game rifle if you can't even fire a csrtridge over 2800 fps?

Count me out.
Originally Posted by Woodhits
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

Round action that fits the 700 footprint but not a 700 clone: it uses a cone breech and an integral recoil lug.

yes I saw the recoil lug machined along with the receiver. savage has a round action also as you know and you can swap out the recoil lug for a beefier one
Prediction - these will go the way of the Colt light rifle and be clearanced on CDNN inside 2 years.
Whoopie. They are aiming at a pretty small niche of shooters. The Ruger Scout rifle on steroids.

kwg
If they shoot well, they'll occupy a niche similar to the Bergara HMR and Seekins Havak. A $1,500 street price for an updated 700 design with SS fluted and threaded tube, carbon fiber stock, aftermarket trigger, Cerakote, and DBM metal, should hold some appeal, especially considering the weight of the rifles.
For grins, regarding building it:

$500 action with bolt knob and heavy lug
$450 carbon fiber stock
$200 DBM
$150 for a good trigger
$175 coating

That's $1,475 and the barrel hasn't even been considered at that point.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
A new bolt action rifle, made in Croatia?? Oh, and it’s gotta have one of those stupid angled Benelli-style trigger guards, to let you know how “modern” it is....

I was right!!!

It’s even got a stupid square trigger guard!!!!
Not even offered in .30-30 WIN. This thing is dead off the line already.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They've hit every bell and whistle appealing to the modern sniper hunter.

Should be popular.

Judging by personal observation on range sight in days and an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence from others here, whether more than a tiny percentage of modern sniper hunters will actually be able to hit anything with it is still very much up the air.

Do those folks to whom you refer qualify? wink

Accordingly, Springfield Armory stands behind all Model 2020 rifles with a rock-solid .75 MOA accuracy guarantee — for a three-shot group at 100 yards with quality match-grade factory ammunition, in the hands of a skilled shooter.
Naaa, just joshin'. The great thing about America is that anyone can buy skill right out of a box... wink

Just spec'ed out a 6.5 CM with adjustable stock in Evergreen camo with a 22" fluted barrel. Listed weight is 7 lbs 15 oz. Add the 30-33 ounce large objective, turreted scope someone will most likely put on a rifle like that and you're pushing 10 pounds all up.

Those fellows of my acquaintance who hike 2000-4000 vertical feet or more in a day hunting and then packing out elk have been dying for a rifle in this weight range for a long time...

[Linked Image from d7g7q7y3.stackpathcdn.com]

Okay, enough sarcastic snipping at it. I'm sure it's a very accurate rifle.

Yeah. The market was begging for a $2,000 hunting rifle
Amazingly low price----$2275.00. Quality looks top-notch (action machined post-heat treat, AG Composite stock, BSF carbon wrap bbl, Trigger Tech).
Looks good to me.
I’m liking it. Like I said at least it isn’t another 1911, striker fired polymer pistol, AR variant( have no problem with those items)

I just prefer bolt rifles. They appear to be well thought out

You could always go to a DBM once they hit market and you can figure out which would fit May lead to other rifles in the future that are more streamlined as well.

I’m particularly interested in the 20” 6mm or 24” 6.5prc

Would be interested in a well thought out 223 as well if they ever did one. 18” 1-7.5ish. Good mags, proper geometry.

Although I’m also considering a 300prc. Decisions decisions

Curious when they will actually hit the market?
Originally Posted by GeoW
For the same Dinero I'd take a Fieldcraft!

Originally Posted by BayouRover

laugh

I'll happily use my Kimber Montanas.
Originally Posted by deflave
Looks good to me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Fieldcraft mentioned a couple or more times, quick! find one. They've dried up like 9mm ammo.

Ya like the blueprint, or ya don't. IF you do, cypher up the sum of parts & paltry gunsmith charges. I might start looking like a deal.

Otherwise there's always Tikkas & Ruger Americans.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Fieldcraft mentioned a couple or more times, quick! find one. They've dried up like 9mm ammo.

Ya like the blueprint, or ya don't. IF you do, cypher up the sum of parts & paltry gunsmith charges. I might start looking like a deal.

We'll have none of this attitude here! Can't you see this a place to pizz and moan about everything that isn't precisely to your personal desires? Hell, they were already complaining before they even knew what the product was! Worse than a buncha old women in here some days...
It would be cool if they sold barreled actions only.
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by gunzo

We'll have none of this attitude here! Can't you see this a place to pizz and moan about everything that isn't precisely to your personal desires? Hell, they were already complaining before they even knew what the product was! Worse than a buncha old women in here some days...

Touché, what was I thinking.
I try to keep an open mind so someone please explain to me the value of a very heavy rifle with a stock suited to position shooting being marketed as a hunting rifle? Have we gone 180 degrees from the zephyr weight rifles that were so popular just a very few years ago?

What I'm seeing isn't a spot and stalk rifle that is well suited for leaping moderate chasms with a set of antlers on your back as shown on their web page but a sit in one place rifle that lets you shoot anything within visible range.

Seriously, is that the market these days? If it is, it is. I'm just curious what demographic this appeals to.

There’s no advantage. Pass the SIG CROSS
Not seeing how a sig cross is any different or better personally?

Seriously feel free to elaborate as I’m always open ears
Not saying the CROSS is great, but the most attractive “new” long gun I’ve seen coming out this year
I think the Q fix is appealing as well.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I try to keep an open mind so someone please explain to me the value of a very heavy rifle with a stock suited to position shooting being marketed as a hunting rifle? Have we gone 180 degrees from the zephyr weight rifles that were so popular just a very few years ago?

What I'm seeing isn't a spot and stalk rifle that is well suited for leaping moderate chasms with a set of antlers on your back as shown on their web page but a sit in one place rifle that lets you shoot anything within visible range.

Seriously, is that the market these days? If it is, it is. I'm just curious what demographic this appeals to.

Trends seem to swing and I think there's a big segment of the hunting world that agrees that 7-8lbs is a preferable weight.

I also think the popularity of Precision Rifle type matches demonstrates that you're better off being in great shape and humping a heavier rifle than shaving weight off whatever platform you're using to hunt.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the same thinking but it seems to be the trend.
Originally Posted by auk1124

Seems your the expert so now we are in the know.
Not an expert on gay pride rallies, I don't live in california. Just saw way too many rifle ads with the same layout and style. They must all use one or two advertising agencies or whatever to come up with those ads.
© 24hourcampfire